• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I LOVED Europa Report. But I also loved Prometheus and am a sucker for space things.

I might give Cabin in the Woods a shot. The Tom Cruise thread kinda makes me want to rewatch Ghost Protocol. Great great lil spy flick there. My favorite type of film. (SNEAKERS, 007, Bourne, Etc etc.)

adg1034

I LOVED Europa Report. But I also loved Prometheus and am a sucker for space things.

I might give Cabin in the Woods a shot. The Tom Cruise thread kinda makes me want to rewatch Ghost Protocol. Great great lil spy flick there. My favorite type of film. (SNEAKERS, 007, Bourne, Etc etc.)

I think the perfect word to describe Cabin is delightful. It's funny, it's charming, it's surprising, yet it simultaneously has enough flowing blood to fill multiple Olympic swimming pools. It also has Thor.

Scenic Route was interesting although I got too tired and had to turn it off early. It's one of those movies that takes place in essentially one location. About two friends driving through a desert area on a california freeway and their car breaks down. From what I saw the whole movie seemed to be them getting into this huge argument that slowly spirals out of control. I originally thought it would be a slasher movie or something, but it ended up being more of a dialog driven film about two friends falling out. From the 1/2 of it that I saw I see it as a pretty easy recommendation for a thoughtful movie.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Thanks for the cabin the woods rec! I think 'delightful' is the perfect description. My favorite thing about is is that it was perfectly self-aware, in the vein of Scream and IKWYDLS. I think both of those were better, but they were aiming at something a little bigger. Still, this was fun and exactly what I needed after a week of some seriously heavy movies.

I can't find Amelie or I'd go for that next (wrong region?). Sister loved that back in the day.

My return rec is a little throwback but is both delightful and charming and romantic: Roman Holiday. But I'm a Audrey Hepburn fan and she's close to her best here. Give it a shot and let me know what you think. Available in the US streaming right now.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Can anyone who's watched Battlestar Galactica on Netflix tell me if they have the complete series? Wikipedia says there was a miniseries followed by a 75 episode series, two TV movies, a prequel series, webisodes, and Blood and Chrome. Does Netflix have all of those things? (I'd imagine that they don't have the webisodes, but I could probably find those easily enough online, right?)

Can anyone who's watched Battlestar Galactica on Netflix tell me if they have the complete series? Wikipedia says there was a miniseries followed by a 75 episode series, two TV movies, a prequel series, webisodes, and Blood and Chrome. Does Netflix have all of those things? (I'd imagine that they don't have the webisodes, but I could probably find those easily enough online, right?)

The mini series is episodes 1 and 2 on Netflix.
Razor is episode 1 of Season 4 on netflix

They do not have the webisodes, nor The Plan. But you are fine without those.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
They have the prequel Caprica. There are 76 episodes on Netflix. Which includes the miniseries if I'm not mistaken Web series and B&C are a no go. I don't know about the movies.

They have the prequel Caprica. There are 76 episodes on Netflix. Which includes the miniseries if I'm not mistaken Web series and B&C are a no go. I don't know about the movies.

Razor was the first direct to video movie. It is listed as episode 1 of season 4 on netflix. That is the optimal time to view it as far as the series goes.
The Plan was a direct to video movie put out after the series ended, but you are not missing much if you dont see it.

Vyer

I have been busy and haven't checked into Netflix in a while, but man they have a nice amount of stuff that I've at least been curious to check out.

Only God Forgives
Flight
Olympus Has Fallen
End of Watch
ParaNorman
Side Effects
Robot & Frank
The Lifeguard
Red Dawn
Arbitrage

Gonna have to catch up.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I have been busy and haven't checked into Netflix in a while, but man they have a nice amount of stuff that I've at least been curious to check out.

Only God Forgives
Flight
Olympus Has Fallen
End of Watch
ParaNorman
Side Effects
Robot & Frank
The Lifeguard
Red Dawn
Arbitrage

Gonna have to catch up.

Assuming you're a pleasure seeker and not a pleasure-delayer, I'd put End of Watch and Side Effects near the top of that list. Flight is largely overrated based on Denzel's continuing wizardry, but I hated it for how misrepresentative the previews were.

Arbitrage and Red Dawn are still in my maybe-someday list. Would consider adding Arbitrage if you guys think it's any good.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Razor was the first direct to video movie. It is listed as episode 1 of season 4 on netflix. That is the optimal time to view it as far as the series goes.
The Plan was a direct to video movie put out after the series ended, but you are not missing much if you dont see it.

Ahh ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I will probably check it all out. I like the universe. Even though I know the side stuff isn't the best.

What happens if you are watching something as it expires? I kind of want to give Vanilla Sky a shot, but I don't think there is enough time.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What happens if you are watching something as it expires? I kind of want to give Vanilla Sky a shot, but I don't think there is enough time.

Good question. I'm assuming whatever has loaded up to that point plays on. Then it gives you an error.

Ahh ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I will probably check it all out. I like the universe. Even though I know the side stuff isn't the best.

No prob. The webisodes are decent (they take place during season 4 if I remember right. I watched them as they released), but nothing crucial. The Plan was something that sounded so cool in theory but just felt kind of lackluster in the end. One nice thing about it is that it shows how things were on the colonies before the mini series.

Razor is well worth watching though. It covers the time frame from before the mini series all the way up to the end of season 3 or so, but all from the perspective of
an officer on the crew of the Pegasus.
, which was neat to finally see. It also leaves some nice little nuggets and teases before season 4 starts proper.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The mini series is episodes 1 and 2 on Netflix.
Razor is episode 1 of Season 4 on netflix

They do not have the webisodes, nor The Plan. But you are fine without those.

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I'm good to go :D.

Vyer

Assuming you're a pleasure seeker and not a pleasure-delayer, I'd put End of Watch and Side Effects near the top of that list. Flight is largely overrated based on Denzel's continuing wizardry, but I hated it for how misrepresentative the previews were.

Arbitrage and Red Dawn are still in my maybe-someday list. Would consider adding Arbitrage if you guys think it's any good.

Thanks for the info, will definitely look into that. I'm actually partially into Flight interestingly enough, and I'm enjoying it so far. Curious why you didn't like the previews, as I don't feel they were giving me the wrong expectation here.

Curse you GK for being banned right before the huge 1st of the month update!! :b

Added today ..

U.S.
Dances with Wolves
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
My Boss's Daughter
Kalifornia
Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
Highlander: Endgame
Hannibal
Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas
Prison Girls
Switchmas
Mexican Fighter
Final Offer
Black Forest
A Country Christmas
All About Eve
Cold Blooded
Its a Big, Big World
Monster Math Squad
Rastamouse
Five Fingers
The Great Doctor
A Gentlemen's Dignity
Rooftop Prince
To the Beautiful You
A Hundred Years Inheritance
Arang and the Magistrate
Cheongdam-dong Alic
Dr. Jin
La Camioneta: The Journey of One American School Bus
Curious George: Swings Into Spring
The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Touch: Season 2
The L.A. Complex
Big Boys Gone Bananas!
All I Want for Christmas
Thor: Hammer of the Gods
Street Dance
Terminal Invasion
Darklight
Cry-Baby
The Gift of the Magi
Modern Problems
Red Water
Black Sunday
The Battle of Shaker Heights
Once Bitten
The Lair of the White Worm
Targets
Bushwacked
Double Whammy
Bandits
Beach Blanket Bingo
Hell Up in Harlem
Sidewalks of New York
Hondo
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
Truck Turner
Coffy
Sheba, Baby
But I'm a Cheerleader
The Haunting
Gods and Monsters
A Shot in the Dark
The Two Jakes
Where the Buffalo Roam
Drop Zone
Hard Eight

Canada
Days of Thunder
Fast Five
Larry Crowne
Downton Abbey
The Debt
Sleepy Hollow
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Addams Family Values
Mexican Fighter
Republic of Doyle: Season 3
Republic of Doyle: Season 4
La Camioneta: The Journey of One American School Bus
Transformers Prime: Season 3
The Bletchley Circle
Trek Nation
Stoker
Touch: Season 2
Killing Season
Cinnamon
Midsomer Murders: Series 11
Midsomer Murders: Series 12
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Barney: Shake Your Dino Tail
Remembrance
Animals United
Midsomer Murders: Series 10
Suits
Bridesmaids
Midsomer Murders: Series 9
One Day
The Change-Up
Page One: Inside the New York Times
Barney: Shapes and Colors All Around
Beginners
Murdoch Mysteries
Barney: A-Counting We Will Go
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
Brotherhood
Beautiful Darling
Saw V
Just Like Heaven
Barney: Ready Set Play!
Barney: Red, Yellow and Blue
Desk Set
Paris When it Sizzles
Julia
The Endless Summer
Soul Food
Ravenous
The Newton Boys

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
A touch OT because it is Amazon Prime Instant Video and not Netflix, but when in the world did Amazon finally put Batman: The Animated Series up for Prime? I've been waiting for that for ages and was shocked when I randomly searched for it yesterday and it was up.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Where the buffalo roam is ok, bill Murray plays hunter s Thomson.

Nelo Ice

Banned
A touch OT because it is Amazon Prime Instant Video and not Netflix, but when in the world did Amazon finally put Batman: The Animated Series up for Prime? I've been waiting for that for ages and was shocked when I randomly searched for it yesterday and it was up.

Wait what?! I know what I'm watching today!.

Battle of Shaker Heights is pretty good.
Cry-baby is a classic (I'm assuming it's the Johnny Depp movie)

and is that Hondo of Married with Children fame?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I watched Lars and the Real Girl last night, really nice, heart-warming story. Highly recommended to anyone who is looking for a light, refreshing movie.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Saw the huge list, got excited, read it, got dissapointed.

Outta yer mind. This is a pretty great update for once.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Kalifornia
Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek: First Contact
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
All About Eve
Cry-Baby
Black Sunday
(the '77 movie? This is FANTASTIC.)
The Lair of the White Worm
Targets
Hell Up in Harlem
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
Truck Turner
Coffy
But I'm a Cheerleader
Gods and Monsters
Hard Eight

Outta yer mind. This is a pretty great update for once.
All About Eve
Cry-Baby
Black Sunday
(the '77 movie? This is FANTASTIC.)

seconded on Cry-Baby, that's a good one. Looked up Black Sunday, sounds up my alley for what i've been in the mood for lately.

I was wondering why you bolded All About Eve before I realized it was the Bette Davis movie.
I read it as All About Steve.
Added now.

Season three of The Killing is pretty good. It, ahem, kills it.

I especially liked the "What's in the box?" type thing they did with the dead girl in the trunk of the taxi cab.

Update

U.S.
Whale Wars: Season 5
Chaos Head

Canada
Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie
Red State
The Red Baron
A Place at the Table
Chaos Head

I really enjoyed Crystal Fairy & The Magical Cactus. It's your basic coming-of-age psychedelic road trip movie. Cera is Cera, but the 3 Chilean boys and Gabby Hoffmann are excellent.
The final campfire scene where Hoffmann tells her story is just so heart-wrenching and unexpected. Just an amazing performance and scene.
Everything leads up to that point and it's well worth the ride.

IISANDERII

There was some reality program about flight attendants. I watched the first 4min and had to shut it off, the acting is so fucking eye gouging when they're doing their "interviews". My god I'm a pretty awkward dude but these people are completely without soul, robots made by North Korean robots.
And it's not even in HD so looking at the hot babes is futile.

jakncoke

Banned
Finished the 1 season of Alaska The Last Frontier was actually not bad for a reality shot. But man Neflix you dicks. And no wonder if cliff hangered for fucking me. They have 10 episodes under season 1 but there actually only 3, they then take the first 7 of the first 8 from season 2. Didnt include episode 7 or 9 through 15

Top Bottom