• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Farscape seems way too corny for me to continue... idk.

Evolved1

I felt that way with Firefly so I know Farscape isn't for me.

Yeah, I quite liked Firefly so Farscape might be danger territory for you if the cheesiness is already bothering me.

Full disclosure, I'm not even fully through the first episode.

I feel like the dialog is pretty good (actually this is probably where the show has the most potential), and the characters... alright. But it's corny as hell.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- 1/3rd of the way through 13 Assassins and it's pretty damn good. Will report back.

-- Watched the first episode of Louie (I've never seen it) and I was LMAO the entire time.

Watched October Sky last night, brilliant film. Prepare to lose the next two weeks of your television life.

Welcome to the Louie-zone.Wait, is this list still accurate? Seven Psychopaths is on Netflix?!?

I seen it in the list but I forgot what netflix region I went in lol
It looked like it was in UK and Canada... I'm using unblock-us to change the region, tho.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Netflix Will Introduce ‘Turbo FAST’ On December 24

Turbo and his Fast Action Stunt Team are challenging the world to “snail up!” as they make their global television debut on Christmas Eve Tuesday, December 24th at 12:01 AM PST – with the launch of DreamWorks Animation’s all new Turbo FAST series, exclusively in all Netflix territories. Families will be able to stream the first five episodes this holiday season, with additional all new episodes premiering throughout the year.

The first-ever Netflix original series for kids, DreamWorks’ Turbo FAST is a high-octane ensemble comedy that amps everything up to the extreme as Turbo and his adrenaline-fueled crew go on daring new adventures, race on the coolest tracks, and take on the craziest challengers. No matter how wild things get, these snails always have each other’s backs.

“We are excited to be working with the gifted storytellers at DreamWorks Animation to deliver Turbo FAST, our first original kids series, to families around the world this holiday season,” said Ted Sarandos, chief content officer at Netflix. “With new episodes on their way in the coming months, kids will have something to look forward to all year.”

Interesting that they're not releasing all of the episodes at once. I hope they don't start to do this with their adult series.

Kaladin

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I think they probably realize that kids are a different audience than adults and thus, have different viewing styles. They're not going to sit in front of a TV for 10 hours and binge an entire cartoon series at once.....well, most some won't.

That's true. Kids are less likely to binge watch something so spreading them out across the year (it would make more sense to me for them to release them in batches instead of releasing individual episodes weekly or whatever) does make sense.

snack

I think they probably realize that kids are a different audience than adults and thus, have different viewing styles. They're not going to sit in front of a TV for 10 hours and binge an entire cartoon series at once.....well, most some won't.

I dunno... kids can play games all day. I don't see how they can't binge a show too. lol

U.S.
Greg Davies Live: Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog
Richard Herring: What is Love Anyway?
Russell Howard Live: Right Here Right Now
Ambrosia
The Water Front
Post Tenebras Lux

Canada
The Water Front
Red Dog
Sins of My Father
Wake Up

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm sorry, I thought this was America.
OA7OiPK.jpg

Evolved1

Opinion change: Farscape is actually rather entertaining. Corny, yeah, but entertaining.

vazel

Banned
Opinion change: Farscape is actually rather entertaining. Corny, yeah, but entertaining.
Just wait until season 2 when things start getting much better with Scorpius. Scorpy is one of the best villains of sci-fi. Much better than Crais in season one which I didn't find menacing.

Just wait until season 2 when things start getting much better with Scorpius. Scorpy is one of the best villains of sci-fi. Much better than Crais in season one which I didn't find menacing.
Yup. Episode 19 of season 1 is one of my favorites, because we finally get a compelling and threatening villain for the series. Season 2 is when the crazy gets really turned up though.

U.S.
Blood, Lies, and Alibis
Call of the Wildman: Season 2
Journey of the Universe: An Epic Story of Cosmic, Earth and Human Transformation
The Horde
Wish You Were Here
Gallowwalkers

Evolved1

I still have to watch HoC.

I got about 10 mins into the first ep and just wasn't in the mood for it I guess...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
If you guys like lots of violence and blood and are into Samurai mythos, 13 Assassins was fun but not life changing. The good parts were great, though. 3/5

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Arbitrage -- nice little thriller if you're in the mood. Tight, quick, and an awesome exploration of rooting for the bad guy. Gere plays himself, which works this time around. 3.5/5

Jag

I know Dredd was a hit here on GAF, so how about Dredd done with puppets!

Not sure if the original GIF is too bloody for the TOS. So have this tame one.

ku-xlarge.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
‘Lilyhammer’ Nearing Season 3 Order

Fish-out-of-water dramedy Lilyhammer is closing in on a greenlight for a third season. I understand that Norwegian broadcaster NRK is in the final stages of negotiations with producer Rubicon TV in a scenario that would see Netflix remain the U.S. broadcaster, with Red Arrow as the international distributor. I’m cautioned that nothing is confirmed, but Netflix, which was partnered on the first two series, has a deal in place for additional seasons. If S3 goes ahead, it is expected it would run on the streaming service in the U.S.

U.S.
Lovelace
Holes
Frozen Land
Paranormal Whacktivity
The Tower
A Werewolf Boy

Canada
Sharknado
Amour
Fireplace for Your Home
The Haunting of Molly Hartley

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Been rewatching parks and rec. it's weird how everyone on that show owns their own house. To me it's weird for some reason.

Top Bottom