• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Kaladin

I've been marathoning Chuck season 1. Reminds me a bit of Alias. I can see why it was under threat to be canceled constantly. I'm interested enough though that I will probably finish the series.

I've been marathoning Chuck season 1. Reminds me a bit of Alias. I can see why it was under threat to be canceled constantly. I'm interested enough though that I will probably finish the series.

Season 2 is the best season. It is downhill after that, but still well worth watching. But season 2 is pretty much perfection from beginning to end.

statham

Same, I just started season 2. Really like the girl in it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Ip Man: I think I liked it more than most. The nationalistic overtones made me uncomfortable, not that I doubt Japan's crimes of the era. Great fights. Long and epic if you're into that.

One thing stuck out to me though:

MV5BNzAwMDM2MTAyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc2NzIwNw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

totally looks like

karl_urban.jpg

I watched it last night and thought I loved it, but the further away I get from it, I really just liked the fights. One or two good emotional scenes might've been better without subtitles.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Last night at exactly 12:37am my netflix stream cut out mid watch and said "you need to pay us fool!" It was crazy! I've never seen that before! Its kind of impressive, you'd think they'd like wait until the app reboots the next time or something like that.

U.S. & Canada
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising
Lady Gaga & The Muppets Holiday Spectacular
Shinobi Girl
Chanbara Beauty: The Movie - Vortex
Mazinkaiser SKL
Zombie Ass: Toilet of the Dead
Female Convict Scorpion
Karate Girl
Yakuza Hunters: Duel in Hell
Yakuza Hunters: Final Death Ride Battle
Me Again
Gallants
Kite Liberator
Kite

U.S. & Canada
Shinobi Girl
Mazinkaiser SKL
Female Convict Scorpion
Karate Girl
Me Again
Gallants
Kite Liberator
Kite

*Google search*......the fuck

Anton668

U.S. & Canada
Shinobi Girl
Mazinkaiser SKL
Female Convict Scorpion
Karate Girl
Me Again
Gallants
Kite Liberator
Kite

brb, have to go add... um... errr... more PBS programming to my queue....

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So I'm watching Farscape, and they recently introduced a new character... female alien (I'm terrible with names) she's like blueish with white hair or something like that. Skinny. Should be really annoying but somehow isn't.

Anyway... her mannerisms, speech, and dialog have been bugging me, because it seems super familiar. In a déjà vu sort of way, but I've never seen the show before, so how? Right?

Well today it finally clicked... she's pretty much a carbon copy of the Kenzie character from Lost Girl I was watching awhile back. Well, I guess it's the other way round since Farscape is older.

Still... I almost want to check to see if maybe the characters are written by the same person. Obviously different actor, but the dialog and speech especially is eerily similar.

Okay, well that concludes random Netflix observation of the day.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ip Man: I think I liked it more than most. The nationalistic overtones made me uncomfortable, not that I doubt Japan's crimes of the era. Great fights. Long and epic if you're into that.

One thing stuck out to me though:

I think I've come to accept that there are going to be some nationalistic overtones in a lot of films made in China. :\

sladeums

I'm watching this and I am liking it. I also see that Hara Kiri is by the same director so I might watch that too. How do they compare?

I thought Hara-Kiri was quite good.

It is not very similar to 13 Assassins, tho.
It is a slow burner that is more (melo)drama than action flick.
Told in flashback it builds slowly and for a good bit you don't quite know how the story all fits together.

This director's range is very, very wide and his films hit a lot of different genres.
Best to go into any of them with an open mind not knowing quite what to expect.

So I'm watching Farscape, and they recently introduced a new character... female alien (I'm terrible with names) she's like blueish with white hair or something like that. Skinny. Should be really annoying but somehow isn't.

Anyway... her mannerisms, speech, and dialog have been bugging me, because it seems super familiar. In a déjà vu sort of way, but I've never seen the show before, so how? Right?

Well today it finally clicked... she's pretty much a carbon copy of the Kenzie character from Lost Girl I was watching awhile back. Well, I guess it's the other way round since Farscape is older.

Still... I almost want to check to see if maybe the characters are written by the same person. Obviously different actor, but the dialog and speech especially is eerily similar.

Okay, well that concludes random Netflix observation of the day.

Gigi Edgley from Farscape:
fMWVhHb.jpg

Age 36

Ksenia Solo from Lost Girl
0UFuKam.jpg

Age 26

Both hot as hell.

Personally dont see the similarities in their mannerisms on the shows or speech patterns. But that is just me.

Yeah, she is pretty.

It's cool man. Maybe it was just those couple episodes... and I shouldn't have described the similarities as "carbon copy", that was wildly inaccurate.

The more you see of Chiana on Farscape, she becomes her own thing. I really do need to rewatch the show soon. Just a ton of fun.

Most likely they'll hold off on the last Breaking Bad episodes in hopes of boosting DvD/Blu Ray sales.

Been watching Leverage lately. Pretty decent show to have on in the background. Sort of a mix between Burn Notice and the newer Oceans movies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thank you Maklershed for updating while I was gone. <3

Canada:

Being Human: Series 5 (Action, Drama, Fantasy, UK)

Sweden:

Being Human (U.K.) - Series 5 (Action, Drama, Fantasy)
Cloud Atlas (Drama, SciFi)
Earth (Documentary, Nature)
Hot Shots (Comedy)
Rambo (2008, Action)
Spartacus - Season 4 (Action, Drama, Fantasy)
The Shining (Horror)
The Wedding Singer (Comedy)

Mexico:

Angelina Ballerina: Various (TV, Cartoons, Kids)
Barney: Various (TV, Kids)
Bob the Builder: Various (TV, Kids)
Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead (Comedy)
Home Alone (Comedy)
Into the Blue (Thriller)
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Action, SciFi)

Netherlands:

40-year old Virgin (Comedy)
Back to the Future Part 1/2 (Action, SciFi)
Happy Gilmore (Comedy)
King Kong (2005, Action, SciFi)
The Big Lebowski (Comedy)
The Flintstones (Comedy)
Zathura (Action, Family, SciFi)

Welcome back GK!

So as I said earlier, I've been watching Leverage and it's a pretty great show. So far I've clocked about 3 Doctor Who references in the series and having just watched New Who over the last couple of months I sort of geeked out on it. Haha.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I finally, finally got around to finishing Arrested Development. That felt more like a chore than anything else. Such a disappointing season. I kept watching since GAF said it gets better towards the end....er, not really. A few of the middle episodes were great, but overall, not worth it unless you are a diehard fan. The story gets too confusing at times and half the time, you are wishing the characters had more screen time with each other.

Thanks Jest!

I finally, finally got around to finishing Arrested Development. That felt more like a chore than anything else. Such a disappointing season. I kept watching since GAF said it gets better towards the end....er, not really. A few of the middle episodes were great, but overall, not worth it unless you are a diehard fan. The story gets too confusing at times and half the time, you are wishing the characters had more screen time with each other.

Thanks Jest!

I love season 4. I watched it a bit strangely though. I kept doubling back as I was watching it with family and friends. Before I actually finished the season I probably watched the first episode 4 times, and then all the others at least twice.

So just like all AD, I don't think it's fair to truly form an opinion without having re-watched it at least once.

The anthology format was the best way to bring it back as far as I'm concerned. Just put your head in that mode, and stop wishing all the characters were together (which of course was not really that common in the original show anyway). They had to do it this way to bring the show back up to date. And it was an incredibly creative way to do it and now they can tell stores again in the more traditional way.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I love season 4. I watched it a bit strangely though. I kept doubling back as I was watching it with family and friends. Before I actually finished the season I probably watched the first episode 4 times, and then all the others at least twice.

So just like all AD, I don't think it's fair to truly form an opinion without having re-watched it at least once.

The anthology format was the best way to bring it back as far as I'm concerned. Just put your head in that mode, and stop wishing all the characters were together (which of course was not really that common in the original show anyway). They had to do it this way to bring the show back up to date. And it was an incredibly creative way to do it and now they can tell stores again in the more traditional way.

Come on, I know AD gets better (or at least you find stuff you missed) with each viewing, but that doesn't mean you can't form an opinion off of one viewing. The season wasn't up to par with the first three. It had its moments and its running jokes, but like I said, overall, it felt more like a chore getting through them.

Vlad

So AHS is worth watching then? I heard season 1 was pretty rough.

I've got to disagree with some of the above posters on this. I thought the first season was the best one so far. Season 2 had some good moments, but I found too scatterbrained overall.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I thought AHS S1 was great. The characters were great, it was twisted and dark. Had it moments of scares. I just started S2 yesterday, so I can't anything about it yet. Although, it starts off great.

Top Bottom