• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Blackfish (Documentary, Nature)
Berberian Sound Studio (Indie, Thriller)
C.O.G. (Comedy, Drama)
Duress (Indie, Thriller)
Futurama: Season 10 (TV, Animated, Comedy)
GLOW: The Story of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling (Documentary, Sports)
Life With Boys (TV, Kids)
Prince Avalanche (Indie, Drama, Comedy)
Shake It Up!: Season 3 (TV, Kids)
Stephen Hawking's Grand Design (TV, Documentary, Science)
The Cleveland Show: Season 4 (TV, Animated, Comedy)
The Short Game (Documentary, Family)
Wicked Attraction: Season 5 (TV, Documentary)
Wiener Dog Nationals (Family, Comedy)
Ultimate Spider-Man: Season 2 (TV, Kids)

Canada:

1408: Theatrical Version (Horror)
City of God (Crime, Thriller)
Code Name: The Cleaner (Comedy)
Futurama: Season 10 (TV, Animated, Comedy)
Hamlet 2 (Comedy)
Havoc (Crime, Drama)
Into the White (Drama, Military)
Iron Monkey (Action, Martial Arts, Foreign)
Olympus Has Fallen (Action, Thriller)
Sharnado (Comedy, Satire)
Shinobi Girl Season 1 (Anime)
Sholem Aleichem: Laughing in the Darkness (Documentary, Biographical)
The Haunting of Molly Hartley (Horror, Supernatural)
The Look of Love (Drama, Comedy)
The Number 23 (Thriller)
Yakuza Hunters: Duel in Hell (Action, Thriller, Foreign)
Yakuza Hunters: Final Death Ride Battle (Action, Thriller, Foreign)

Netherlands:

Donnie Brasco (Crime, Drama)
Men in Black (Action, Comedy, SciFi)
The Little Mermaid (Family, Animated, Adventure)
The Shield Season 1 (TV, Drama)

Any recommendations for movie date with girlfriend tonight. I can watch a movie from any region.

I prefer something with a good story/dialog, can be romantic or not. Something a women would be interested in but not too girly.

Tempted to make her watch the whole before series lol

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Any recommendations for movie date with girlfriend tonight. I can watch a movie from any region.

I prefer something with a good story/dialog, can be romantic or not. Something a women would be interested in but not too girly.

October Sky? Not really romantic though, just a good story.

Sen²

How about Hicks or Let Me In? Might want to check out trailers first, though, since neither of them is romantic. Chloe Moretz is a really good actress!

Adventure Land maybe?

Sen²;93507193 said:
How about Hicks or Let Me In? Might want to check out trailers first, though, since neither of them is romantic. Chloe Moretz is a really good actress!

Adventure Land maybe?

Can't find "Hicks". Already own Let the right one in and read the novel. Would prob be a boring watch for me unless it's vastly different. Didn't like adventure land

Symphonia

Banned
Just started watching the first season of Misfits on Netflix and, my God, it's amazing. I can't believe I didn't catch it when it first aired. It has the right amount of drama and comedy and the overall plot is pretty decent.

Milchmann

Started watching Don't Trust The Bitch In Apartment 23 and although it's not the greatest comedy show ever it's a breath of fresh air and very enjoyable. It was maybe a bit too nasty for network TV.

Allow me to recommend one of the best romantic comedies of all time, and one that is special to my wife and I. The two main characters are very similar to us, and the movie is just wonderful.

nnfMX9K.jpg

Emwitus

Stardust on UK Netflix. Lovely movie. Claire Danes is mesmerizing and its funny.
Sen²;93510466 said:
My fault, it's "Hick". Netflix Link. Trailer.
Eek I felt uncomfortable watching that. I wonder how a parent would let there kids make this kind of movie but eh.

IISANDERII

charge-electric-motorcycle-racing-photo-002.jpg

Charge

This was very good. It's got it all: Inventions, eccentric personalities, thrills, danger, speed, David vs. Goliath, challenging the establishment and leather. Lots of leather.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
New HoC is gonna be awesome. I'm hoping Lilyhamer S2 is better than one. The first season had promise but, felt kind of rushed.

I felt the same way. S1 had its moments. And I liked the characters. I will do the same thing I did with S1, walk into it with low expectations, and walk out with a decent show.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I hope Frank traps Zoe in a car at a junkyard, then gets the owner to activate the compactor without realizing she is duct taped in the trunk.

Then it will be the perfect season.

Fuck, how did I miss Lilyhammer having a second season? Did this get any promotion at all? I'll have to watch it as I enjoyed the first season.

Kaladin

Fuck, how did I miss Lilyhammer having a second season? Did this get any promotion at all? I'll have to watch it as I enjoyed the first season.

Lillyhammer gets zero promotion beyond the initial announcement. It's weird. It doesn't even EVER show up on the scroll. You have to search for it to find it so you really have to know about it and want to see it to watch it.

Lillyhammer gets zero promotion beyond the initial announcement. It's weird. It doesn't even EVER show up on the scroll. You have to search for it to find it so you really have to know about it and want to see it to watch it.

Strangely enough, though, I have seen posters for it on the NYC subway. Weird how they'll promote it (slightly) out in the world but not in the actual app.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You know I knew about Lillyhammer ever since season 1 was announced but I never had any interest in it. I just watched the trailer for it and it seems like a pretty fun series. I may give it a shot once I'm done watching The Sopranos.

Kaladin

You know I knew about Lillyhammer ever since season 1 was announced but I never had any interest in it. I just watched the trailer for it and it seems like a pretty fun series. I may give it a shot once I'm done watching The Sopranos.

Just think of it as Silvio going into witness protection and the mob guys that he deals with are like Tony's underlings that were never seen on Sopranos because the show could only afford one Soprano actor.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

It's technically not a Netflix Original Series ala House of Cards or Orange is the New Black, so it doesn't really receive the same amount of advertising.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Drug War (Action, Mob, Foreign)
Lilyhammer: Season 1 (Recap) (TV, Crime, Drama)
Lilyhammer: Season 2 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Our Nixon (Documentary, Political)
Talhotblond (Documentary, Crime)

Canada:

Another Day, Another Time: Celebrating the Music of Inside Llewyn Davis (Music)
Drug War (Action, Mob, Foreign)
Lilyhammer: Season 1 (Recap) (TV, Crime, Drama)
Lilyhammer: Season 2 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Our Nixon (Documentary, Political)
The Cider House Rules (Romantic, Drama)

Sweden:

Gangster Squad (Action, Crime, Drama)

UK:

Blood (Crime, Thriller)
Chennai Express (Comedy, Drama, Bollywood)
John Oliver's New York Stand-Up Show Season 1-3 (Stand-up)
Person of Interest Season 1 (TV, Drama)
The Words (Drama, Romantic)
War Horse (Drama)

Mexico:

The Dark Knight (Action)
Tower Heist (Comedy)

Coming Jan 1st:

Spaceballs

Episode 5, Season 1 of Dexter.

Well, made show..good cast... but the whole anti-hero/killer urges vibe thing isn't my cup of tea.

It's a good watch though. I'm in til the end.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just finished Olympus Has Fallen. I liked it. I can see why people would hate it though. About 20 minutes in, I realized how over the top the movie was going to be, and just went with it.

Things I didn't like:

The CGI can be terrible at times. Like cable channel CGI terrible.
The plot:
Seriously, why the fuck would you give up the last code? Makes no sense. On top of that, if they thought the president was dead, why didn't they go in guns blazing?

What the movie has going for it is the action. Secret Service Rambo worked for me. Yes it is ridiculous, and yes, I didn't care. It was a good action movie.

Kaladin

It was as ridiculous and over the top as you'd expect any action movie to be. I think they took the concept to 11 bar having space aliens invade behind the terrorists and anal probe everyone. Those are the kind of movies you can forgive for having stupid WTF plot moments.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Blood (Crime, Thriller)
Dave Foley: Relatively Well (Standup)
Greg Fitzsimmons: Life on Stage (Standup)
Jeff Dunham: Arguing with Myself (Standup)
O' Christmas Tree (Family, Adventure)
Winnie Mandela (Drama, Biographical)

Canada:

Barney's Top 20 Countdown (TV, Kids)
Chuck Seasons 1-5 (TV, Comedy, Drama)
Nip/Tuck Seasons 1-6 (TV, Drama)
Party of Five Seasons 1-5 (TV, Teen, Drama)
Snow Days (Barney, Angelina Ballerina, Thomas, etc) (TV, Kids)
Street Thief (Crime, Thriller)
The Good Wife Seasons 1-4 (TV, Drama)
The Guard (Indie, Comedy)
The Guardian Seasons 1-3 (TV, Drama)
Thomas & Friends: High Speed Adventures, James Goes Buzz Buzz, James & the Red Balloon (TV, Kids)
Winter Wonderland (Bob the Builder, Thomas, etc) (TV, Kids)

Mexico:

Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (Comedy)
Hostel: Part III (Horror)
Skyfall 007 (Action, Spy)

Guevara

So, LTTP but The Ice Man was pretty good. I was familiar with the true story anyway, and the script isn't great but amazing acting by everyone. I didn't even recognize Chris Evans.

TheIceman2011Poster.jpg

FloatOn

watched a few movies over the past week or so.

Grabbers - A giant tentacle space monster attacks an Irish village. Villagers find out that the monster is allergic to alcohol in the blood so they form a plan to stay shit faced while they deal with the threat. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be and it was a bit heavy handed with the romance subplot but it was enjoyable and worth a watch.

In Bruges - An absolutely stellar movie about two hitmen hiding out in Bruges Belgium. Highly recommended.

John Dies at the End - A very bizarre horror comedy about these kids that are able to see paranormal things while they are under the influence of a drug called "soy sauce". Pretty strange movie overall but I would say that it was worth watching.

Rell

Finally saw Fat Kid Rules The World. Very routine, not worth watching. A weak take on punk rock in general. Too heavy handed of Kurt Cobain allusions. I will commend it for not bending over backwards to incorporate a love story, even though all the pieces were in place for one.

Also watched Submarine. Directed by Richard Ayoade (or whatever), better known as Moss from The IT Crowd. A pretty smart and funny movie. Seemed to not be able to comfortably find an ending, but what we get is cute enough it doesn't matter. Some great visual style. What's with all these British comedy actors directing such somber dramedy films?

Rewatched Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. Still much better than Snatch and an awesome comedy of errors. A few somewhat awkward moments exist that could have been smoothed over (the reluctance to off anyone during the marijuana robbery robbery...especially considering the situation they were placed in and the direct threats being made. Maybe a short dialogue about evidence, the realities of murder, or a reluctance to escalate the situation - anything would have worked but we got nothing). A great "college crowd" movie.

Top Bottom