• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Scream 1-3 was great.. better than what I was expecting a milked franchise to turn out to be. Gonna watch the 4th soon.

The "before" movies of Ethan Hawke and Julie Delphy was wonderful. Probably one of the few trilogies I can remember where not one movie is terrible.

Friend Mak, have you seen The Chaser? Just noticed that it's on Netflix. One of my favorite Korean action flicks. If you're reading this and not named Mak, you should watch it too. It puts "Jack Reacher" and the like to shame. Be sure to reply after you've watched it and tell everyone that Heel, a man of impeccable movie taste, was absolutely right.

Yup, it is a great movie.

jakncoke

Banned
the 3 moving art episodes are visually amazing. and the classical music background is soothing as the episode plays. very relaxing.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Cafe de Flore (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Getting That Girl (Romantic, Comedy)
Newcastle (Indie, Drama, Sports)
Plus One (Horror, Supernatural)
Remembrance (Drama, Foreign)
Run (Indie, Action, Thriller)
Schooled: The Price of College Sports (Documentary, Sports)
The Waiting Room (Documentary, Cultural/Health Care)
Toad Road (Indie, Thriller)

Canada:

Desert Hearts (Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
God's Precious Jewels (Drama, Faith)
I'm Not There (Indie, Drama, Biographical/Bob Dylan)
Newcastle (Indie, Drama, Sports)

Sweden:

Gone in 60 Seconds (Action)
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Indie, Comedy)
The River Season 1 (TV, Horror)
When in Rome (Romantic, Comedy)
While You Were Sleeping (Romantic, Comedy)

Netherlands:

The Princess and the Frog (Animation, Family)
Toy Story (Animation, Family)

Kaladin

What's a cheap way to get Netflix to a tv.? Netflix member and I watch in my gaming room through my PS4. Want to watch in the bed room.

Roku or Chrome Cast probably.

Unless you have a PC near your TV in the bedroom, then get an HDMI cable and go dual monitors on it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Last Stand: I remember when the first trailer for this move came out, thinking it looked dumb. I put this on randomly and I'm so glad I did. This was a great action movie. Arnold, while getting up there in age, was great in this. It was good seeing him lead in an action movie again.

The action is almost non-stop and entertaining to watch. There is blood and over the top kills. Cheesy one liners you come to expect from an Arnold movie. You will have to turn your brain off completely because there are plot holes and you will have to ignore a lot of convenient things that go on in the movie.

The cast is good. For some reason I thought this was an Arnold and Johnny Knoxville movie. Fully recommend it if you are looking for a 80's action movie.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
PIeTFsR.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

An Idiot Abroad (TV, Reality)
Inside: LinkedIn, Dolce & Gabbana, DeBeers, McDonald's, Pixar, Chipotle (TV, Documentary)
Journey To The Christmas Star (Family, Adventure)
Morgan Murphy: Irish Goodbye (Stand up)
Nick Thune: Folk Hero (Stand up)
Romeo Eleven (Indie, Drama)
Satisfaction (TV, Comedy)
Strongman (Documentary, Biographical/Stanley Pleskun)
That Winter, the Wind Blows (TV, Drama, Korean)
The Act of Killing (Documentary, Cultural, Foreign)
The Baidu Billionaire: Inside the Google of China (TV, Documentary)
The Bubble (Drama, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
What a Man (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
When a Man Loves (TV, Drama, Korean)

Canada:

101 Dalmatians (Family, Adventure)
7 Below (Horror, Supernatural)
American Flyer (Indie, Drama)
Armageddon (Action, Thriller)
Beverly Hills Chihuahua (Family, Adventure)
Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 (Family, Adventure)
Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3: Viva La Fiesta! (Family, Adventure)
Blue Mountain State (TV, Comedy)
Cash Crop (Documentary, Cultural)
Dan in Real Life (Romantic, Drama, Comedy)
Enchanted (Family, Comedy)
Enemy of the State (Action, Thriller)
Father of the Bride (Comedy)
Good Morning, Vietnam (Comedy)
Green Lantern: The Animated Series (TV, Kids)
Hidalgo (Action)
Journey To The Christmas Star (Family, Adventure)
Monica & David (Documentary, Social)
National Treasure (Action, Thriller)
Nick Thune: Folk Hero
Panic Button (Horror, Slasher)
Pandora's Promise (Documentary, Science)
Pawn's Move (Drama, Faith)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Action)
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (Action)
Pretty Woman (Romantic, Comedy)
Rubbadubbers: Tubb's Pirate Treasure (TV, Kids)
Sister Act (Comedy)
Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit (Comedy)
Strongman (Documentary, Biographical/Stanley Pleskun)
The Collection (Horror)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Comedy, SciFi)
The Invisible War (Documentary, Cultural)
The Mighty Ducks (Family)
The Princess Diaries (Family, Comedy)
The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (Family, Comedy)
The Seat Filler (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Thomas & Friends: The Lion of Sodor, James Learns a Lesson (TV, Kids)

I will do a list for the rest of the regions later tonight. UK got Justified Season 4 today.

Kaladin

Yes! An Idiot Abroad!

That was a great show......and they have all three seasons!

That is awesome. I only got to see the first season on TV.

FloatOn

I watched one of the most refreshing horror films I think I have ever seen. Seriously make time for Resolution

resolution-2012-poster.jpeg

For sake of spoilers I'm not going to go into much of the plot. The basic premise is this guy Mike gets emailed a video clip of his best friend Chris getting high in the woods and a map of where he is at. Mike goes to this cabin where Chris is squatting and hand cuffs him to a pipe in the cabin so that he can get clean. Mike begins to find strange things and people in the surrounding area and that's when shit starts to get real...

This is a must watch.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yes! An Idiot Abroad!

That was a great show......and they have all three seasons!

That is awesome. I only got to see the first season on TV.

"An Idiot Abroad" is amazing.

When I read the description, I added it to my Q. Sounds great.

I watched one of the most refreshing horror films I think I have ever seen. Seriously make time for Resolution

For sake of spoilers I'm not going to go into much of the plot. The basic premise is this guy Mike gets emailed a video clip of his best friend Chris getting high in the woods and a map of where he is at. Mike goes to this cabin where Chris is squatting and hand cuffs him to a pipe in the cabin so that he can get clean. Mike begins to find strange things and people in the surrounding area and that's when shit starts to get real...

This is a must watch.

I'm always up for a good horror movie. I will watch it friday night. The trailer looked good.

I'm hooked on House of Cards. Didn't think it would be a show I'd like, but it's compelling and Spacey is fantastic. It's like watching a modern Game of Thrones, all the shadowy alliances, and deals, and betrayals

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wow, I'm psyched to see An Idiot Abroad finally added. The first season was the best by far;, can't wait to watch it again.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Caught Up (Crime, Drama)
Spy Kids 3: Game Over (Family, Adventure)

Canada:

Archer Season 4 (Comedy, Animation)
Wolf Creek (Horror, Slasher)

Scuderia

Wondering if GAF can help me. I'm looking for Horror films that rely on suspense, not jump scares. Resolution up there looks pretty interesting ^

Any other suggestions?

Kaladin

Almost done with Season 3 of Chuck. I'm really enjoying this series so far. I was frustrated with a lack of character progression, but they actually had some this season and I'm happy with where the show is going.

jakncoke

Banned
Idiot Abroad sounds intriguing...

is it a similar brand of humor as Top Gear UK?

Its basically Ricky Gervais trolling Karl Pilkington in multiple regions of the world. Making him do things for a laugh. Its awesome, I dont know if Karl is this dumb irl or if its a play to get the show ratings but man it makes me lol

edit; shame gilligans island isnt up on netflix. with the professor passing away, id rewatch them. i wanted to do the same with fresh prince when uncle phil died. netflix attend to my needs ok

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Watched the first episode of "An Idiot Aboard", loved it. He was one of my favorites characters on "Derek" and I didn't know it was him in this. The episode (China) was funny. I'm with Jak that I don't know if he is really acting stupid or is dumb, but it makes for a great show.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Sweden:

Step Up 3 (Romantic, Drama)
The Muppest (Family, Adventure)
Whip It (Comedy)

Netherlands:

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo (Comedy)
Haywire (Action)
Rambo (Action)
Saving Silverman (Comedy)

UK:

Carrie ('02, Horror, Supernatural)
Donnie Darko (Drama, SciFi)
Donnie Darko: Director's Cut (Drama, SciFi)
Nick Thune: Folk Hero (Stand up)
Robot & Frank (Comedy)
Rolling Thunder (Thriller)
Step Brothers (Comedy)

Finally sat down and watched The Last Stand. It was a whimsical 80's throwback movie. Based on those merits alone I loved it from beginning to end. Just turn your brain off and watch some of the most campy one liners and action scenes in a film.

Watched the first "An Idiot Abroad" episode last night and am already sold. Not only do I get my favorite kind of humor, but I also get to see some interesting places. Will be watching it all for sure.

Trailer Park Boys is also damn fun. Just started season 2 and am loving it. Great characters and lots of charm. I thought it would be something I wouldn't like but I was pleasantly surprised.

The Hunt was a really good movie. Utterly nerve-wracking though.

zert

Watched the first episode of An Idiot Abroad since everyone here started to talk about it, not a fan of Gervais (I know, I know) but it's funny to see this Karl dude completely out of his comfort zone.

GrapeApes

Anyone else having issues with Hola? It used to work so smoothly but now I can't even use it. It says it's connected to another country but yet I still get my standard stuff.

C4Lukins

Thanks for the rec; I love In Bruges so I'll check this out.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently it's not available. Maybe I have to switch to another region (I'm in the US)?

Definitely, though you'll get varying opinions on whether you should just watch the first four seasons or tough it out and watch all eight. I'm inclined to say call it quits after the first four because there's better stuff out there you could spend your time watching, but if you do go through with it, know that the best is behind you. And do not have high expectations for the ending, because... just... yeah.

Yeah, this is somewhat annoying. I always skip ahead, but like you said, the timing is inconsistent so you never know how far to go.

I have... three episodes to go I believe. Been going through it on Crunchyroll with their free trial. I'm enjoying it, though I don't know how inclined I would have been to finish it if a couple close friends hadn't already seen it and recommended it. It's been more interesting lately, though - really curious to see how things end up.

Cool to see it's finally on Netflix. I heard the subtitles were messed up, though (I'm assuming typos, grammatical errors, and such). Anybody know if that's true?

I do not know. The subtitles make sense at least on the Netflix stream. There certainly is an occasional awkward translation, but it is never super crazy or distracting.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Informant (Documentary, Biographical/Brandon Darby)
Kaijudo: Clash of the Duel Masters: Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Stolen Seas (Documentary, Crime)
The Square (Documentary, Cultural)

Canada:

Arthur Newman (Indie, Drama)
Crystal Fairy (Indie, Comedy)
Kaijudo: Clash of the Duel Masters: Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Renoir (Drama, Foreign)
The Square (Documentary, Cultural)

Netherlands:

The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Animation, Family)

Jamie OD

Its basically Ricky Gervais trolling Karl Pilkington in multiple regions of the world. Making him do things for a laugh. Its awesome, I dont know if Karl is this dumb irl or if its a play to get the show ratings but man it makes me lol

The show gets a little bit spoiled by Gervais' trolling. There are some episodes where Karl is actually enjoying his trip and Ricky ends up throwing a minor hissy fit at him like a child who gets upset because nobody fell for his prank. Those moments aside, it's a great show to watch.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The one trolling bit that had me laughing hard, was Ricky texting Karl "70p" because that is how much it would cost Karl to receive the text lol.

Vyer

I saw White House Down. It's not on Netflix, but I mention it because it really emphasized how much better Olympus Has Fallen is.

Top Bottom