• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Anyone else having issues with Hola? It used to work so smoothly but now I can't even use it. It says it's connected to another country but yet I still get my standard stuff.

I stopped using it as soon as they started spraying ads all over my web pages.

Unblock-us is well worthy of the small amount it costs.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I watched the documentary The Square last night. Pretty damn good. One thing that really blew me away was the cinematography. Beautiful shots throughout the film. As for the doc itself, it gives you insight and first hand accounts of the protests. You could see the passion that the people had. It is powerful stuff and you become invested in their stories. It is also emotional. I teared up once or twice while watching it.

This documentary should definitely be watched. If only for the cinematography alone. There are some gory images (mostly from stock news footage) so just a heads up.

Hansel and Gretel was super ridiculous, but for some reason i thought it'd take itself more seriously. glad it didn't. I was legit laughing out loud at some of the stuff, not sure if it was intentional or not but it doesn't really matter, it was fun

I just started Attack on Titan. I like it so far, but I have mixed feelings about the main character.

The main character is one of the most infuriating characters I've ever watched. Make up your damn mind about what you're gonna do Eren.

Random question. I know you can watch shows from other territories on my laptop using VPN's like hola unblocker. I was wondering if there was a way I could do something like that on my PS3. I wanna watch Season 4 of Archer and it's not on the US Netflix and I hate watching Netflix on my laptop.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thanks though. I'll look into that. Seems like there is a 1 week trial

I love the service. You can use it practically on any device. The only device which is a pain in the ass to set up is Roku. Other than that, you are switching some settings and are good to go. $5 monthly is a steal.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hansel and Gretel was super ridiculous, but for some reason i thought it'd take itself more seriously. glad it didn't. I was legit laughing out loud at some of the stuff, not sure if it was intentional or not but it doesn't really matter, it was fun

It's something I might actually watch again at some point... better than I was expecting.

Symphonia

Banned
I watched Rise Of The Guardians last night. I thought it was pretty good; the animation was slick, there was a decent mix of action, drama and comedy and the the plot was actually pretty decent, and not tailored to fit just the little 'uns. I thoroughly recommend it.

Currently watching Jack Reacher right now - again, pretty decent action flick. Tom Cruise seems to be in Ethan Hunt mood throughout the film which is nothing short of great.

RedAssedApe

Banned
is the following worth picking up? caught a few minutes of an episode after the NFC title game. think i might have spoiled the first season lol

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Rent (Drama, Musical)

Canada:

A Hijacking (Thriller, Foreign)
Leaving Limbo (Drama)
Mis Peores Amigos: Promedio Rojo el Regreso (Comedy, Foreign)
The Search for Santa Paws (Family, Adventure)
Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups (Family, Adventure)
The Mini Witch (Family, Adventure)
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (Thriller)
Voltron Force ('11, TV, Kids)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
HBO better watch out. Netflix and other streaming video services are on the rise, and it's seemingly happening at the expense of premium TV channels. The new data comes from The NPD Group, which found that streaming video services saw a four percent uptick in subscribed households over the past two years, while premium TV channels — such as HBO and Showtime — saw a collective decline of six percent. The two are beginning to close in on each other as well: 32 percent of US households are now subscribed to a premium channel, while 27 percent are subscribed to a streaming video service.

Thread. Source link.

is the following worth picking up? caught a few minutes of an episode after the NFC title game. think i might have spoiled the first season lol

My gf loves the show. I have been meaning to watch it.

The Following is not bad. I enjoyed season one enough to check in to season two. I wouldn't put it up there with, say, House of Cards but, I would definitely check it out.

Also, if you get the chance and want to see some good thriller/gore check out Pathology. I went in expecting nothing and it ended up being a 4 star movie for me.

Draconian

How did I manage to avoid Breaking Bad this long? Halfway through season 2, and man, the characters and storytelling are so good. I have no idea how this is all going to go down though. I've watched like 5 episodes in the last two days, which is something I almost never do.

Symphonia

Banned
How did I manage to avoid Breaking Bad this long? Halfway through season 2, and man, the characters and storytelling are so good. I have no idea how this is all going to go down though. I've watched like 5 episodes in the last two days, which is something I almost never do.
You're in for a hell of a ride, mane.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Following is not bad. I enjoyed season one enough to check in to season two. I wouldn't put it up there with, say, House of Cards but, I would definitely check it out.

Also, if you get the chance and want to see some good thriller/gore check out Pathology. I went in expecting nothing and it ended up being a 4 star movie for me.

I watched the first episode, and I think I'm going to keep going. Interesting enough to go through a handful of episodes.

Added Pathology to my q.

jred2k

Been watching Dexter, on s3. Pretty good

I really enjoyed the first two seasons, but S3 really dragged to me. I keep meaning to watch S4 just to see Lithgow, but I think I'll drop it after that. I've heard too much disappointment about the later seasons.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons, but S3 really dragged to me. I keep meaning to watch S4 just to see Lithgow, but I think I'll drop it after that. I've heard too much disappointment about the later seasons.

The first half of season 3 dragged for me, but I really liked the back half when
Dexter was taking Miguel under his wing and couldn't control him.

Season 4 is fantastic though. I never bothered with seasons after that though, even if Edward James Olmos shows up.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
The first half or so of S3 Dexter really does drag quite a bit, and for all the shit that Seasons 5 and on get, I enjoyed 5 more than I did 3.

Great time to get into the show too. The rest of BB will be up next month.

You're in for a great ride. Unlike some shows it really just gets better as it goes

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
PSA: Captain America expires on 1/25.

RotBot

I finished House of Cards today and decided to give the original BBC version a go. Netflix USA crops the 4:3 non-HD source to fit 16:9, with ugly results. The UK site has the original aspect ratio. Amazon Prime also has the correct format. I haven't watched much old TV on Netflix, but I hope this is an exception and not the standard.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I think the UK version would spoil the US version for you. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think season two of the US version is taking story plots from the later parts of the UK version.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I finished House of Cards today and decided to give the original BBC version a go. Netflix USA crops the 4:3 non-HD source to fit 16:9, with ugly results. The UK site has the original aspect ratio. Amazon Prime also has the correct format. I haven't watched much old TV on Netflix, but I hope this is an exception and not the standard.

I watched the UK version on Netflix shortly after marathoning the US version when it came out and don't remember it being 16:9, could've sworn it was 4:3.

And yeah I imagine the UK version does spoil what will happen in the US version, but say la vee. It's kinda interesting how different the two shows are in tone.

Nyx

I watched Schooled, a documentary about the NCAA.

Jeez, didn't know college football/basketball were THAT big, I mean, 170k people in a stadium for a Florida State University football match? Holy shit!

But ofcourse the big ''holy shit'' was the fact that players don't get paid a dime while it's a bilion dollar industry...

''Yeah you get education and a dorm room, STFU''

Really fucked up.

ToxicAdam

But ofcourse the big ''holy shit'' was the fact that players don't get paid a dime while it's a bilion dollar industry...

''Yeah you get education and a dorm room, STFU''

Really fucked up.

It is amazing how such a system can exist. It has to change at some point.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Aquarium for Your Home: Goldfish (Background noise)
Assault on Precinct 13 ('76, Action, Thriller)
Beyond the Walls (Drama, Foreign)
Cockneys vs Zombies (Comedy, Zombie)
Garibaldi's Lovers (Indie, Comedy, Foreign)
The Muslims Are Coming! (Documentary, Stand up)

Draconian

You're in for a hell of a ride, mane.

Great time to get into the show too. The rest of BB will be up next month.

You're in for a great ride. Unlike some shows it really just gets better as it goes

That's awesome to hear guys. At the end of season 2 right now and it's still fantastic. All of these characters are great even if they are morally deplorable. I only wish I'd watched when it aired so I could join in the discussion.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
That's awesome to hear guys. At the end of season 2 right now and it's still fantastic. All of these characters are great even if they are morally deplorable. I only wish I'd watched when it aired so I could join in the discussion.

Eh. I'll go ahead and play Devil's Advocate but I got bored somewhere towards the end of season 2, the show started to drag in season 3, and I stopped watching halfway through season 4. Not really sure what people see in this show but literally everyone and their mother has told me to finish it. Can't be bothered though.

Top Bottom