• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Four (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
Inch'Allah (Indie, Drama)
Ingenious (Indie, Drama, Comedy)
Lab Rats: Season 2 (TV, Kids)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just finished Battlestar Galactica and I liked it a lot overall (I haven't really had a chance to mull anything over yet though) and despite some rocky plotting and characterization, I'd say that overall the good stuff outweighed the bad.

I
vaguely remembered accidentally reading a spoiler years ago that basically said "the God/Angel stuff is real",
so I kept that in mind from the very beginning and I think it made a lot of the late-series developments easier to swallow.

I liked the finale for the most part - it was fairly inconsistent, but certainly not a "zomg it retroactively ruined the entire series!1!!1! " type thing.

I'm reading through some of the old threads on GAF and I think a lot of the complaints are valid, but because I binged the entire series in a short amount of time, I never really gave myself a chance to stop to think about anything - I just plowed though - so I didn't really have a whole lot of issues with the show.

I think my favorite character was Gaius Baltar
not a huge fan of him becoming a sort of cult leader though
, as well as Helo, Athena, Apollo and Starbuck. Lots of good characters to choose from.

Kagey K

Banned
Ok we just finished Eureka and are having a hard time between Warehouse 13 or Chuck, we watched the first 3 episodes of each and enjoyed them both.

My apprehension is that warehouse 13 is on season 5 and only 3 are on Netflix while Chuck seems to run the entire series. As someone who saw neither which would you suggest?

Ok we just finished Eureka and are having a hard time between Warehouse 13 or Chuck, we watched the first 3 episodes of each and enjoyed them both.

My apprehension is that warehouse 13 is on season 5 and only 3 are on Netflix while Chuck seems to run the entire series. As so done who saw neither which would you suggest?

If you liked both shows then either should be enjoyable. Warehouse 13's final season is scheduled to air this summer though I think.. so it will be a long awhile before you'll be able to finish that, while Netflix does have Chuck's full run. So if you're looking to watch a series all the way to conclusion then Chuck would be better.

I mean, I like both shows but I personally enjoyed Chuck more. It's one of my favorite series honestly. They're both good fun though.

Kagey K

Banned
If you liked both shows then either should be enjoyable. Warehouse 13's final season is scheduled to air this summer though I think.. so it will be a long awhile before you'll be able to finish that, while Netflix does have Chuck's full run. So if you're looking to watch a series all the way to conclusion then Chuck would be better.

I mean, I like both shows but I personally enjoyed Chuck more. It's one of my favorite series honestly. They're both good fun though.

Tbh I enjoyed Chuck more as well, she thought she would hate it, but I convinced her to give it a chance and she did enjoy it, the only reason she wants to watch Warehouse 13 is she heard Eureka players come into it. She really loved Eureka. She found it funny, while I found it interesting.

My apprehension is that warehouse 13 is on season 5 and only 3 are on Netflix while Chuck seems to run the entire series. As someone who saw neither which would you suggest?

I loved Warehouse 13 up to Season 3, but then it got kind of somber in tone in S4 and lost its charming hokeyness. Especially after
Jinks comes back to life

jred2k

Added today:

House of Cards Season 2 (TV, Drama, Show of forever)

Star Trek: Into Darkness was added in Canada. I can't check right now, but hopefully its in HD. When they had the first Star Trek up it was only available in 480p. It made no sense to me why that of any movie would be put up in sub-HD.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Star Trek: Into Darkness was added in Canada. I can't check right now, but hopefully its in HD. When they had the first Star Trek up it was only available in 480p. It made no sense to me why that of any movie would be put up in sub-HD.

Oh cool, that was quick!

Symphonia

Banned
Already? Netflix really are going all out in securing content.

Symphonia

Banned
ST:ID, Pain & Gain, and G.I Joe Retaliation are all Paramount releases. Netflix must have an agreement with them in Canada that allows new release movies to go up fairly quick.
I didn't realise P&G and G.I Joe were up, too, I may have to sign in to my Unblock and switch to the Canadian service. It seems their catalog of films is superior to both the US and UK.

Are there new methods for switching Netflix regions? I do my watching through a PS3.

Edit: I'm doing another free trial of Unblock-us. Netflix Canada has Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. :D

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You guys know about Adfreetime? Same deal as Unblock-us but only $2 per mo. I'm kind of bummed I prepaid for Unotelly for a year now.

Lol probably half the people would switch for this thing alone:

Netflix Subtitle Blocker completely disables all yellow Netflix subtitles on all your devices.
No more Spanish subtitles you can’t disable when watching Mexican Netflix!
Subtitle Blocker works on all Netflix regions and with all languages.Netflix Subtitle blocker is included in every Ad-free time! subscription, at no extra cost!

Not really new, but I just saw this documentary

7VBxD7d.jpg

It focuses on a haute cuisine chef struggling to follow his passion despite pressures to survive and just make "normal" food that the average joe would want. He was a bit of a downer at first, but I couldn't help but root for him. Really liked it.

jakncoke

Banned
Not really new, but I just saw this documentary

http://i.imgur.com/7VBxD7d.jpg[IMG]

It focuses on a haute cuisine chef struggling to follow his passion despite pressures to survive and just make "normal" food that the average joe would want. He was a bit of a downer at first, but I couldn't help but root for him. Really liked it.[/QUOTE]

Watched this a couple weeks ago and liked it as well.

( Nightmare Factory ) For people that like documentaries that goes into special effects of movies, this one focuses on KNB Effects who have a long history of work. Pretty awesome

[url]http://www.imdb.com/company/co0015640/[/url]

edit; How good is Burn Notice, just see season 7 came to USA.

Is it possible for a unblock user to set it to Canadian and report the dns codes given on their ps3

You can actually just see the dns codes on the website, but I don't think it will work since you need to login to click a button to change your internet address when you login somewhere else.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today (and yesterday):

Ambushed (Action, Thriller)
Burn Notice: Season 7 (TV, Drama, Spy)
Chris Porter: Ugly and Angry (Stand up)
Clifford's Puppy Days: Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Clifford the Big Red Dog (TV, Kids)
Evil (Horror, Supernatural, Foreign)
Force of Execution (Action, Thriller)
Passion (Crime, Thriller)
Rock and Roll Fantasy (Comedy, Romantic)
The Mystery of Spoon River (Indie, Thriller)

Canada:

Ambushed (Action, Thriller)
Arctic Blast (Action, SciFi)
Chris Porter: Ugly and Angry (Stand up)
Clifford's Puppy Days: Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Clifford the Big Red Dog (TV, Kids)
Devil's Pass (Indie, Horror, Supernatural)
Force of Execution (Action, Thriller)
Star Trek: Into Darkness (Action, SciFi)
Thomas & Friends: Percy and the Bandstand, Percy & the Dragon, Percy Saves the Day, New Friends for Thomas (TV, Kids)

Sweden:

42 (Drama, Sports)
Fright Night (Horror)
Hardball (Drama, Sports)

UK:

Cars (Family, Animation)

Kaladin

I really should give Burn Notice a shot, it has been on my list for a while.

But it's USA though, and they're shows can get so procedural it's bad sometimes.

Bleepey

I really should give Burn Notice a shot, it has been on my list for a while.

But it's USA though, and they're shows can get so procedural it's bad sometimes.

It's fun, I am not sure how realistic the spy stuff is but it's presented in such a way that I can believe it. My only real beef with the show is that I don't know how anyone can learn to be proficient in Lord knows how many fighting styles, at least a half dozen languages, part civil, structural, and electrical engineer, a cryptographer that could give Alan Turing a run for his money, be able to outperform the most elite of special forces teams from around the world and be able to learn a shit tonne of intelligence shit. To cut it short, Michael Weston is basically Batman.

The version of Ip Man on Netflix (USA) is dubbed into Mandarin, if you can stand the lips not matching the words. (The original language is Cantonese, apparently.) I don't know either language, but it bothered me when I tried to watch it.

number11

Only just noticed that they have director's commentary for House of Cards.. It will be great if they start adding this to other films.

Symphonia

Banned
Is it possible for a unblock user to set it to Canadian and report the dns codes given on their ps3
You could do that if you really want to be a cheapskate. £2 a month is hardly going to break the bank, though, and Unblock is set via your internet address - which means you and whoever you share it with will have to constantly configure your settings.

Bleepey

You could do that if you really want to be a cheapskate. £2 a month is hardly going to break the bank, though, and Unblock is set via your internet address - which means you and whoever you share it with will have to constantly configure your settings.

Haha I am now the biggest miser on GAF it seems.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Marvel's Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United (Action, Animation)
Somewhere (Indie, Drama, Comedy)
The Pitch: Season 2 (TV, Reality)

The subtitle blocker feature would be worth the switch alone for most people.

Well yeah, was just wondering whether people had any issues.

Just noticed that the subtitle blocker also blocks English subtitles, not entirely unexpected, and I assume you can turn it off when you want to, but I always turn on subtitles. Maybe it is simple enough to toggle it when I switch to a different country though.

Top Bottom