• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Thats a tough one. Its an interesting and unique show and does have redeeming qualities but in the end it lets a lot of narrative threads open/unanswered and the very few answers it does provide are completely unsatisfying. I guess the question is, are you capable of enjoying the journey more than the destination? If so, then yes, give it a shot.

Hmm, well my Aunt did spoiler the ending for me (unintentionally). I might as well give it a shot I guess. But I'll put it low on my priority list.

Jag

Jericho was pretty good. Better than Revolution, although just as silly at times. Worth watching.

DarkFlow

Banned
A lot of good add ons.

Also I watched Odd Thomas, and it wasnt that bad at all. Also watched parts of Don Jon and I dont know what to think.

Oh, I never knew they made a movie out of the book, at least I hope that's what it is lol, I've read damn near all of them. Does ghost Elvis hang out with him?

Oh, I never knew they made a movie out of the book, at least I hope that's what it is lol, I've read damn near all of them. Does ghost Elvis hang out with him?

Unfortunately he doesnt but in a way there is an "Elvis" cameo. From what I am told Koontz was happy with the end result.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Is there any way to see what movies and TV shows are on Amazon but not Netflix.?
If you search the library on their site, there's an option (in filters) to view Prime exclusive. I don't think it's everything, and it's mostly TV, but it's better than nothing.

It's mostly TV that sets them apart from Netflix anyway. Netflix almost always has the same movies.

Just watched episode 1. Why is the news portion cut again? Looks like all the episodes for this season are 8 minutes short. :(

The "americanized" versions of Top Gear are just terrible. They almost always cut out the news and they have to change half of the music because of copyrights. FinalGear.com is your friend my man.

andycapps

I have heard good things about most of these except Lost. Is that show really worth it?

Yes. First couple season are some of the best times I've ever had with TV. Show falls off some in the middle, then gets a little better, then the last season is pretty poor.

But good news! They may be rebooting it soon. Shocker.

If you search the library on their site, there's an option (in filters) to view Prime exclusive. I don't think it's everything, and it's mostly TV, but it's better than nothing.

It's mostly TV that sets them apart from Netflix anyway. Netflix almost always has the same movies.

Yeah, I ask because I just saw spring breakers which is only on Amazon and I think there are some older movies only on Amazon but its hard to really tell.

I think the Prime exclusives are only those that Amazon has in their contract as exclusives

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yeah, I ask because I just saw spring breakers which is only on Amazon and I think there are some older movies only on Amazon but its hard to really tell.

I think the Prime exclusives are only those that Amazon has in their contract as exclusives
You're right; The Bling Ring is another one that I keep noticing when browsing the library.

This is the link I was thinking of earlier; I was on my phone so I couldn't find it.

Prime-exclusive TV series

Coming in June:

Annie Hall
Mission Impossible 3
The Mean Season
The Man from Snowy River
Scorcher
Duplex
We Were Soldiers
Tetro
Dance with Me
My Baby's Daddy
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Ever After: A Cinderella Story
Clear and Present Danger
Wayne's World
The Believer
Blood & Chocolate
Iron Monkey
First Knight
Short Circuit 2
Better Than Chocolate
At the Earth's Core
Rudy
The Stepford Wives
Cold Mountain
Apocalypse Now
Apocalypse Now Redux
The Craft

and btw thank you for all the updates dood. it is much appreciated :)

Coming in June:

Annie Hall
Mission Impossible 3
The Mean Season
The Man from Snowy River
Scorcher
Duplex
We Were Soldiers
Tetro
Dance with Me
My Baby's Daddy
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
Ever After: A Cinderella Story
Clear and Present Danger
Wayne's World
The Believer
Blood & Chocolate
Iron Monkey
First Knight
Short Circuit 2
Better Than Chocolate
At the Earth's Core
Rudy
The Stepford Wives
Cold Mountain
Apocalypse Now
Apocalypse Now Redux
The Craft

WOOT!

I really want to enjoy House of Cards, but for some reason I just find it hard to be invested in the fates of any of the characters. :(

I think I shall give Friday Night Lights a try.

I think Netflix has broadcasting rights in the US.
That seems to be the case. They must have secured the rights to future seasons as well, which is why they added the logo.

I was looking up Netflix's original programming and they had a series called Bad Samaritans last year? It must have been really bad or something because it's unavailable now. Don't remember hearing about it at all.

Jag

Is firefly any good?

Massive cult following. Turned into one of my favorite all time shows even though I came late to it. Give it a chance though. It may not click for you until a few episodes in. It's one of those shows where the characters give it another dimension. Also immensely quotable.

Once you finish the series, you will be very happy that they made a film to continue the legacy and provide some closure for such a great and a sadly short run.

I checked out Rapture-Palooza. It was OK I guess. If you're into Anna Kendrick and sex jokes like they are done by a 12 year old boy it's probably worth watching.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For Canada: Fresh Prince of Bel-air, Veronica Mars, West Wing, and Batman:The Animated Series were added.

rexor0717

That seems to be the case. They must have secured the rights to future seasons as well, which is why they added the logo.

I was looking up Netflix's original programming and they had a series called Bad Samaritans last year? It must have been really bad or something because it's unavailable now. Don't remember hearing about it at all.

It was a comedy about this group of people that had to do community service. It was alright, but nothing special.

amrod

Canada

Blue Jasmine (2013)

Mexico / Brazil

Battleship (2012)
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
Vikings(Vikings: Season 1) (2013)

For Canada: Fresh Prince of Bel-air, Veronica Mars, West Wing, and Batman:The Animated Series were added.

I really hope these, besides The West Wing that is already on there of course, make their way to US Netflix in the near future. Would love having Batman: TAS to watch so easily.

Vyrance

I really hope these, besides The West Wing that is already on there of course, make their way to US Netflix in the near future. Would love having Batman: TAS to watch so easily.

Batman: TAS is on Amazon Prime, so I'd guess they have it exclusively in the US for a while

Top Bottom