• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Apartment 1303 (Horror, Supernatural)
Commitment (Thriller, Foreign)
Emperor (Drama)
Jamesy Boy (Indie, Drama)
LeapFrog Factory Adventures: The Letter Machine Rescue Team (Kids)
Life of a King (Indie, Drama)
The Story of Luke (Indie, Drama, Comedy)

Since when has Digimon Tamers/aka Digimon:Digital Monsters Season 3 been on Netflix?

May 1st. Although, I don't know how I missed it.

I enjoyed Joss' version of Much Ado a lot but it seems like Shakespeare play purists dislike it and not for it being updated but for the actors portrayal. Personally I didn't have a problem with the portrayals but I'd compare it to say... Broadway purists hating the recent Les Mis or at least their hating certain actors from the 25th Anniversary performance.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just watched Dealin' with Idiots (written/directed by Jeff Garlin, starring him and a ton of other funny people) and loved it. It has a very Curb Your Enthusiasm-esque feel; I'm assuming much of the dialogue is ad-libbed in the same manner as well.

I also watched Romancing the Stone for the first time since I was a kid. It was good, not great. Is Jewel of the Nile really that bad? Worth a watch at all?

C4Lukins

Just watched Dealin' with Idiots (written/directed by Jeff Garlin, starring him and a ton of other funny people) and loved it. It has a very Curb Your Enthusiasm-esque feel; I'm assuming much of the dialogue is ad-libbed in the same manner as well.

I also watched Romancing the Stone for the first time since I was a kid. It was good, not great. Is Jewel of the Nile really that bad? Worth a watch at all?

Jewel is pretty terrible. I would only reccomend it if you love Romancing. It certainly is not unwatchable because of the actors, but it is a mess.

Jag

Not really a Netflix question, but anyone know where I can stream all Seinfeld seasons? I looked on Crackle, but they only have a few episodes.

Not really a Netflix question, but anyone know where I can stream all Seinfeld seasons? I looked on Crackle, but they only have a few episodes.

Crackle is the only legal means. They rotate often so I'm happy enough with it. I don't think its gonna go anywhere else. Sony will want to keep that I think. It and old jeopardy episodes are the only reason I use that service.

zou

Honestly, what the fuck is Netflix doing? The last change to the website completely broke the search for me; it doesn't do or display anything. Is there any way to actually search their fucking library now? Forget browsing, that shit has been broken forever. Browsing genres is fucking useless. Searching via their ipad app shows me 5 episodes and a bunch of irrelevant crap.

I fucking hate their UI/design team so much, they have done nothing but fuck things up. The ipad app performance is a fucking joke, used to scroll smoothly, now it stutters along. Every single action in that pathetic, piece of shit app lags. What the fuck happened?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Ca$h (Action, Thriller)
Free Birds (Family, Animation, Comedy)
Is the Man Who Is Tall Happy? (Documentary, Social)
Like Someone in Love (Drama, Foreign)
Men at Lunch (Documentary, Cultural)
Stranger by the Lake (Indie, Thriller, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
The End of Time (Documentary, Science)

I checked out Charlie Countryman, Entity, Crave, and Airborne this week.

• Charlie Countryman was actually pretty good. I enjoyed it and I hate almost everything LaBeof does. Evan Rachel Wood does a great job in this movie. I would recommend.
  • Entity was your average people with cameras go into scary building movie. It's worth a watch if you've got nothing in your queue worth watching.
  • Crave isn't bad. It has moments where it's pretty good, like when reality and fantasy start to merge for the dude.
  • Airborne was average at best. Nothing special here, would not recommend.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Some of it still holds up. Some of it is a little cringe inducing. Overall, still worth a watch.

I started watching it yesterday (about halfway through). This is my first time watching it, and I have always heard great things about it. I never really watched his stand up before, so I nothing to compare it with.

Some parts were funny. Had me dying. But some parts were (like the farting and gay jokes) kinda hard to sit through.

cross posting from the movies thread

A Company Man was a pretty entertaining south korean hitman flick. basically the main character works at what looks like a normal office distribution job, but they're all actually hitmen/assassins. the last half an hour is fucking amazing. pretty short runtime also, compared to most of these types of movies (which I really liked). I watched new world a few weeks ago and loved it, but it kinda dragged on due to its runtime. kinda reminds me of how most movies in bollywood are 3+ hours long, and I loathed them every time my parents dragged me to one. there's even a 10 minute intermission half way thru the movies! what the fuck! oh and the subtitles on netflix BLOW! sometimes they lagged behind when the character speaked for a second or two, and the writing was god awful. i actually got annoyed with it last night and stopped watching it half thru and just finished it this morning XD

edit: looking for some recommendations guys. best godzilla movies, and best timothy dalton bonds! (if there are any on netflix)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Boss Season 1-2 (TV, Drama)
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (Family, Animation)
Dark Girls (Documentary, Cultural)
Eddie Murphy: Delirious (Standup)
Evidence (Horror, Thriller)
Frozen Ground (Thriller)
Good Guys Wear Black (Action, Martial Arts)
Jesus of Nazareth ('77, Faith)
Last Love (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Magic Journey to Africa (Family, Drama)
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (Romantic, Comedy)
Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy (Documentary, Cultural)
Resolved (Documentary, Social)
Sanctum (Thriller)
The Baseball Chronicles (Documentary, Sports)
Tiger Eyes (Indie, Drama)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
cross posting from the movies thread

edit: looking for some recommendations guys. best godzilla movies, and best timothy dalton bonds! (if there are any on netflix)

There were a few Godzilla movies added to Netflix not to long ago. I haven't really seen them, so can't say which ones are the best.

I started watching it yesterday (about halfway through). This is my first time watching it, and I have always heard great things about it. I never really watched his stand up before, so I nothing to compare it with.

Some parts were funny. Had me dying. But some parts were (like the farting and gay jokes) kinda hard to sit through.

Yeah, the gay jokes are rather cringe inducing now. But a few still make me laugh. Like the Mr. T one.

The best part of the show is when he talks about his dad getting drunk.

Cloudy 2 is kinda disappointing. I loved the first one.

Completely agreed. First movie was funny throughout... I didn't laugh once during the sequel.

IDK how it wound up in my queue but I recently watched It's A Disaster and after a rocky first 15 minutes or so, thought it was very good.

So I recently watched Memento and Zodiac on Netflix and really enjoyed them (I thought the ending of Zodiac wasn't too good though). Are there any other movies like that on Netflix? (US btw)

So I recently watched Memento and Zodiac on Netflix and really enjoyed them (I thought the ending of Zodiac wasn't too good though). Are there any other movies like that on Netflix? (US btw)

They are pretty different movies though. Prisoners can be compared to Zodiac a bit but isn't on Netflix. Maybe one of the Korean movies though, like The Chaser.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

8:46 (Indie, Drama)
Scandals Season 3 (TV, Drama)
Star Trek Into Darkness (Action, SciFi)
Swerve (Thriller, Film Noir)
Ted Talks: Sex, Secrets & Love; Ancient Clues; Beats, Bugs & Bio-wilderment; Building Wonder; Chew on This; Numbers Speak Louder than Words; Red Invention; Rebel Design; Robotic Machinations; Smart Laughs; Space Trek; The Capitalism Paradox (Documentary, Science)

Canada:

Metropolis Restored (Drama, SciFi)
The Wrath of Vajra (Action, Martial Arts, Fantasy, Foreign)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

American Psycho
Hannibal
The Silence of the Lambs
Reservoir Dogs

Sweet. I just watched the 2009 film on the Mexican Netflix yesterday. I forgot how good it was.

into darkness has a really, really dumb story but otherwise it's good. if you turn off your brain it's pretty fun. some really nice cgi work and just like the first, the chemistry of the cast is great. cumberbumberwumber is awesome as usual

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Panic Room. Not really in the same vein, but it's a Fincher film, so it has that "feel" of Zodiac that you may appreciate.

Top Bottom