• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

I have a question. when you change your country when viewing netflix, what happens to your list? can you make different lists for different countries?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have a question. when you change your country when viewing netflix, what happens to your list? can you make different lists for different countries?

Sadly no. The way I keep track of stuff is using bookmarks/folders on the browser. Your list remains untouched.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
On a separate note, just watched Odd Thomas and I thought it was pretty good. Dialogue is very.. Joss Whedon/Kevin Williamson-esque. So if relatively young characters talking a bit too intelligently and self aware than most people that age would talk in real life bothers you.. you'll probably find that annoying. But if that doesn't bother you or you're actually a fan of that style of dialogue, then you'll probably enjoy it.

I went into it blind, and it was a surprisingly good film. It is a charming and quirky movie. The chemistry between Odd and Stormy was great. I enjoyed their scenes together. The love story was well done in my view. Definitely recommend it.

Also, this isn't a comedy. Not sure why Netflix labeled it as one. Although I'm glad they did, otherwise I wouldn't have stumbled across it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Abandoned Mine (Horror, Supernatural)
An American Ghost Story (Horror, Supernatural)
Badges of Fury (Action, Comedy, Martial Arts, Foreign)
Dear Mr. Watterson (Documentary, Cultural)
Doonby (Drama, Faith)
First Night (Romantic, Comedy)
Live at the Foxes Den (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Mile... Mile & a Half (Documentary, Social)
Myq Kaplan: Small, Dork and Handsome (Standup)
The Institute (Documentary, Social)
Top Gear Series 20 (TV, Reality)

Dear Mr. Watterson (Documentary, Cultural)

image.php

Boss - I've heard some good things about this show before but I never had Starz so I never had the chance to watch it. I've seen the first two episodes and I gotta say I'm not really a fan. For some reason everything happening just seems hella contrived to me. It seems it's just happening to get you hyped or make you go hell yeah. I'm just not feeling it. I am going to keep wactching it though because for some reason I'm really intrigued with what's going on with his daughter and that dude. That's one part of the show that I'm really interested in. Pretty good performance by Kelsey Grammer though.

More reviews from my binge. After the Pens lost in the playoffs I've been consoling myself with Netflix.

• Lunopolis - This sci-fi "thriller" starts out pretty good. About midway through it got so damn boring that I shut it off. Do not recommend.
  • 6 Bullets - It's Jean-Claude Van Damme in an action movie. You'll either love it or hate. I love his movies so I enjoyed it.
  • Forgetting the Girl - This is the surprise find of the bunch. I can't really go into much detail without spoiling it but, I would recommend giving it a watch if you're looking for something with a little bit of a mental twist.
  • Wrong Cops - Wrong movie. Moving along
  • Best Night Ever - A bachelorette version of The Hangover that is way more like The Hangover than that shitty big budget bachelorette movie. Too much woo girl shit for me though. I would recommend if you're in the mood for something without much depth but, somewhat entertaining.
  • Star Trek: Into Darkness - KHAN! Definitely recommend.

That's it for now. I'm sure there will be more. Stupid hockey club.

Fox Mulder

I really liked Into Darkness. It got a lot of shit, but I thought it was great. Also great social commentary on political issues lately.

I just saw it for the first time and can see why it gets shit on, just another dumb star trek film. It did look pretty with great music though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Berlin Job (Thriller)
Birth of the Living Dead (Documentary, Cultural)
God Loves Uganda (Documentary, Social)
Paradise: Hope (Drama, Foreign)
Superheroes (Documentary, Cultural)
The Rocket (Drama)
Vitality (Documentary, Science)

Canada:

Berlin Job (Thriller)
Birth of the Living Dead (Documentary, Cultural)
Chasing Beauty (Documentary, Cultural)
God Loves Uganda (Documentary, Social)
Home Alone: The Holiday Heist (Family, Comedy)
Jailbait (Indie, Drama)
Paradise: Hope (Drama, Foreign)
Superheroes (Documentary, Cultural)
The Rocket (Drama)
Vitality (Documentary, Science)

Just watched Safety No Garanteed. I really liked the first half but I felt it fell apart towards the end. Should have rewatched Short Term 12 again instead.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why is Netflix anime selection so shity.

because a bunch of other streaming anime sites started up a few years back and the various companies with US rights seemingly prefer Hulu's model for dubbed stuff and Crunchyroll for new/sub only stuff.

neoxdonut

Kill La Kill (anime) was added - "From the director of Gurren Lagann, Matoi Ryuuko is in search of who killed her father. Filled with over the top characters and ridiculous plot, it's an incredibly fun watch."

Japanese audio with English or Spanish subtitles only.

Kill La Kill (anime) was added - "From the director of Gurren Lagann, Matoi Ryuuko is in search of who killed her father. Filled with over the top characters and ridiculous plot, it's an incredibly fun watch."

Japanese Audion with English or Spanish subtitles only.

Are you in the US? I'm not seeing it?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
On a separate note, just watched Odd Thomas and I thought it was pretty good. Dialogue is very.. Joss Whedon/Kevin Williamson-esque. So if relatively young characters talking a bit too intelligently and self aware than most people that age would talk in real life bothers you.. you'll probably find that annoying. But if that doesn't bother you or you're actually a fan of that style of dialogue, then you'll probably enjoy it.
I went into it blind, and it was a surprisingly good film. It is a charming and quirky movie. The chemistry between Odd and Stormy was great. I enjoyed their scenes together. The love story was well done in my view. Definitely recommend it.

Also, this isn't a comedy. Not sure why Netflix labeled it as one. Although I'm glad they did, otherwise I wouldn't have stumbled across it.
I thoroughly enjoyed Odd Thomas today, and would also recommend it highly to anyone looking to kill 2 hours.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Nice! When I resub to Netflix (after my Amazong Prime expires) I'll be sure to watch this.

Zero315

Banned

Awesome, now Hulu and its ads can fuck off. I think I made it up to like episode 7 over there.

Seligrafo

The Station Agent is a fantastic film and it basically cemented Peter Dinklage as my favorite actor. Really highly recommended.

Also, Kill la Kill is friggin' fantastic. Tied with Gurren Lagann for my favorite anime ever.

Damn, I should have just waited with watching the show until it came out on Netflix. Not that I could expect it coming to Netflix with their shitty anime collection nowadays.

Having to wait for new episodes didn't do the show any good. Pretty polarizing show though, personally I wasn't a fan of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Netflix is starting to ever so slowly become top heavy with their anime. They're latest acquisitions are all super popular and most of them are super recent.

Riki

Netflix is starting to ever so slowly become top heavy with their anime. They're latest acquisitions are all super popular and most of them are super recent.
It's a good thing.
Though I prefer to have he dubs I don't mind watching the subs if it's good quality.

senahorse

I watched Frankenstein's Army last night, an interesting B grade horror with some with some interesting and original monster creations some of which felt they were inspired by Lovecraft.

That's really their best bet, cater to casual anime fans and those that might potentially have some interest. Competing with Crunchyroll and other anime streaming services would require dedicated effort.

Though with the Knights of Sidonia deal, they might be heading in that direction ever so slightly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's really their best bet, cater to casual anime fans and those that might potentially have some interest. Competing with Crunchyroll and other anime streaming services would require dedicated effort.

Though with the Knights of Sidonia deal, they might be heading in that direction ever so slightly.

Oh I agree completely, though I do miss the days when they were bottom heavy so I could see just what sort of crap gets localized these days.

I know I can do that on hulu but I hate everything about their interface.

Top Bottom