• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Wish there was a way to customize exactly what categories / genres netflix displays as atm it seems pretty random which makes it a pain in the ass to go through whats been recently added, a category which isnt always available for viewing for some reason.

Imo by default it should show My List, Recently Watched, Recently Added and New Releases categories but as it is my list is entirely populated by "Because you watched this, that and the other". Also I wonder why theres categories for Recently added and New releases since I would have thought these were more or less the same thing so why not merge the 2 to make things a bit more simple.
I mostly agree.
Except on merging the two.
Recently added is not curated and new releases is which I like. I dont want to watch whatever garbage is in the uncurated new list. I want to see the best of the new titles.

jakncoke

Banned
Coming soon:

End of the Month:

Eating Out/2/All You Can Eat
XXX: State of the Union

In July:

My Girl 1/2
American Ninja ('85)
Madeline
Jersey Girl
Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Without a Paddle
Primal Fear
Bad Santa
Eight Men Out
Legends of the Fall
The Karate Kid 1/2/3 ('84)
Best Defense
Taboo (TV)
The Inn of the Sixth Happiness
Sugar Hill
Gandhi
Phantoms (Affleck was the bomb...)
Halloween: Resurerction
Patton
Philadelphia
The Man Who Fell to Earth
Basic Instinct
Mean Girls
The Manchurian Candidate
The Keys of the Kingdom
Rugrats in Paris: The Movie
Boyz N the Hood
Dead Man Walking
The Hunt for Red October
City of God
12 Angry Men

wow July is packed

Thinking about finally getting one of the DNS services like Unblock or adfreetime.

Is there any substantial difference? Adfreetime is cheaper which makes it more desirable but I don't know if there's anything I should be aware of.

Addnan

Thinking about finally getting one of the DNS services like Unblock or adfreetime.

Is there any substantial difference? Adfreetime is cheaper which makes it more desirable but I don't know if there's anything I should be aware of.

Pretty much the same, I've been using adfreetime since it was posted here. Has been working great so far.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Awesome seeing City of God on Netflix. One of my personal favs of all time.

If you have not watched it, you must IMO. Brilliant film.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Awesome seeing City of God on Netflix. One of my personal favs of all time.

If you have not watched it, you must IMO. Brilliant film.
Oh wow, I didn't see that. Thanks for the heads up. Definitely agree that it is a must watch.

I think Unblock-Us has a few more regions like Argentinia, but that doesn't matter too much.

And Ad-freetime also has an adblocker if you want that.

For Netflix they are pretty much the same otherwise, there is probably a difference with some sites but not that I have noticed. Have been using adfreetime for some time now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hulu Plus is thirsty something fierce. They gave me a two week free trial after I had a one week trial last month.

Last time I paid for hulu plus for a month (my mom wanted to watch something she thought was on hulu and was on amazon instead and I being a nice son got a month and set it up on her blu ray player) they gave me a free extra month each and every time I tried to cancel for the next three or four months. It was bananas.

More Pokemon Indigo episodes have been added, starting from Princess vs. Princess to Charizard Chills in the Orange Islands arc. As an Alakazam fan, this is kind of frustrating, as it does have The Ancient Secret of Pokemopolis...but not Pokemon Double Trouble.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Awful Nice (Indie, Comedy)
Old Goats (Indie, Comedy)
Romeo (Romantic, Drama)
Switched at Birth (TV, Drama)
The Great Muppet Caper (Family, Comedy)
The Haunted Mansion (Family, Comedy)
The Recruit (Action, Thriller)
Three Men and a Baby (Comedy)
What About Bob? (Comedy)

In case you might have forgotten, Orange is the new Black Season 2 premieres tonight at midnight (pst).

zert

I switched from Unblock to Adfreetime. If you use it only for Netflix it works great but if you want to use it for other things Unblock supports more sites. I noticed this when I tried to watch an NHL game on CBC u__u

Jimothy

Netflix has completely stopped showing stuff in HD on my PS3. Amazon Prime and HBO GO play HD with no hiccups at all but Netflix is always stuck at 480 SD. I've tried removing the app and reinstalling but nothing so far has helped. Anyone else experience the same thing?

Netflix has completely stopped showing stuff in HD on my PS3. Amazon Prime and HBO GO play HD with no hiccups at all but Netflix is always stuck at 480 SD. I've tried removing the app and reinstalling but nothing so far has helped. Anyone else experience the same thing?
If you aren't plugged into your network with an ethernet cable, try giving that a shot?

I switched from Unblock to Adfreetime. If you use it only for Netflix it works great but if you want to use it for other things Unblock supports more sites. I noticed this when I tried to watch an NHL game on CBC u__u

Well I'm in the US so its pretty much netflix only and Iplayer/4oD /euro only stuff.

Speaking of that does anybody know a way to get the Iplayer app on my tablet (nexus7)? I know it exists but the play store is region locked. But it looks like Adfree is the way to go. Its pretty much just paying the 2 dollar increase I'm going to pay a few years before netflix charges me!

Nyx

Watched a documentary on the Detroit Pistons during the late 80s/early 90s. Loved it, go bad boys haha.

Any more docs like this on Netflix? (Other sports are fine as well, I just love being behind the scenes following a team)

legend166

Watched a documentary on the Detroit Pistons during the late 80s/early 90s. Loved it, go bad boys haha.

Any more docs like this on Netflix? (Other sports are fine as well, I just love being behind the scenes following a team)

Do a search for '30 for 30'. That's the ESPN documentary series. Plenty of awesome ones to watch.

ESPN just added their Soccer Stories 30 for 30 which are great too. Non-sports documentaries, I recommend Blackfish, anything by Alex Gibney, anything by Herzog...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Orange is the New Black Season 2 (TV, Drama)
The Great Muppet Caper (Family, Adventure)

Mexico:

American Dreams Season 1 (TV, Drama)
American Yakuza (Action, Thriller)
Archer Season 5 (TV, Animation, Comedy, Lannnnnaaaa)
Back to the Future (Adventure, SciFi)
Battle: Los Angeles (Action)
Black Beauty (Family, Drama)
Blue Exorcist Season 1 (Anime)
Cocaine Cowboys 2 (Documentary, Social)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Action, Martial Arts, Drama, Foreign)
District 13: Ultimatum (Action, Foreign)
El Mariachi (Action, Thriller)
Friends Season 6-10 (TV, Drama, Comedy)
Glee Season 4 (TV, Drama)
Misfits Season 1-3 (TV, Comedy, SciFi)
Tangled (Family, Animation)
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Season 4-6 (TV, Comedy, Drama)
Tron: Legacy (Action, SciFi)

j0hnnix

Luther S3 is up.

qKPQS7J.gif

zert

Luther is amazing, just finished Series 2 and has become one of my favorite shows. Now I need to start with Sherlock. Those brits sure know how to make good tv.

Kaladin

Finally finished House of Cards Season 2 last night....glad I did because the second half of the season picked up after the
sex scandal
was done with.

Can't wait for season 3....now the real fun begins.

I've been toying with watching the UK version when I'm done with Orange Is The New Black....but I'll probably stick to the US version.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The beginning and ending of the season was great. Middle was kinda bad.

If you plan to watch the UK version, might sure the US one is done lifting plot points from the UK one. Otherwise you might spoil yourself.

Chairhome

Watched Wrath of Vajra.
Story and acting = not great
Action = good to very good
Kind of reminds me of an old school martial arts flick. The fights that are there are pretty good for the most part (with minor use of wire fu), classic movie style martial arts with modern cinematography.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

4:44: Last Day on Earth (Indie, Drama, SciFi)
9/11: Stories in Fragments (Documentary, Cultural)
Girl Most Likely (Indie, Comedy, Drama)
The Art of the Steal (Indie, Action, Comedy)
The Muppet Movie ("79, Family, Adventure)
The Recruit (Thriller)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just watched Cabin in the Woods. It was good. Also I was reading the Wikipedia page found out the movie was going to have a tie in with Left 4 Dead 2 (before MGM filed for bankruptcy):

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cabin_in_the_Woods
Originally, the video game Left 4 Dead 2 was supposed to also include a downloadable content where the Cabin and the Facility from this movie were going to be included. However, the project dissolved after the film's original production company, MGM, filed for bankruptcy. Drew Goddard commented on what the downloadable content would have included stating: "The game was gonna be amazing. You were gonna be able to play in both the upstairs Cabin in the Woods world and the downstairs 'facility' world with all the monsters."[62] Some of the Special Infected Zombies from the game make cameo appearances in the movie.

jakncoke

Banned
So I started up the original twilight zone. Pretty good so far, still pissed that season 4 is randomly(maybe not randomly) up on Netflix. Even thought the other 4 seasons are. I was told that its kinda ok because of basically or none story connections between episodes?

So I started up the original twilight zone. Pretty good so far, still pissed that season 4 is randomly(maybe not randomly) up on Netflix. Even thought the other 4 seasons are. I was told that its kinda ok because of basically or none story connections between episodes?

they are all standalone episodes. one of the goat sci-fi series.something like this is needed today.

Everything is self contained. You can jump around the entire series if you wanted. It wont matter.

Greatest television series ever though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bible Quiz (Documentary, Faith)
Bonnie & Clyde (Drama)
Haunt (Horror)
I Do (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
Jug Face (Indie, Horror, Supernatural)
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 4 (TV, Kids)
Omar (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
One Direction: Clevver's Ultimate Fan Guide (Documentary, Music)
Pretty Little Liars Season 4 (TV, Teen, Drama)
Someone Marry Barry (Comedy)
The Big Picture: Rethinking Dyslexia (Documentary, Social)
The Current (Documentary, Sports)
The Detective 1/2(Thriller, Foreign)
The Missing Picture (Documentary, Biographical)

Sayter

Netflix really neglects their anime section. It saddens me greatly.

It's not them. It's Funamation. Now the streaming shows and movies online is used as much as cable they can get more money from other providers like Amazon and Hulu. I'm really surprised Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill are on Netflix.

Riki

Netflix will be getting a reboot of The Magic Schoolbus called "Magic Schoolbus 360"
Not sure if want?
http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/11/news/companies/netflix-magic-school-bus/

Netflix (NFLX, Tech30) is launching a new version of the Emmy-winning 1990s animated children's series that's remained wildly popular despite ending its original run more than 15 years ago.

The new show will be called "The Magic School Bus 360°," and feature 26 CGI-animated episodes. It's slated to premiere in 2016 for subscribers' binge-watching pleasure.

DarkFlow

Banned
I got all excited when I saw my Android app supported post play for tv episodes. Then got sad when it was not for chromecast also.

Top Bottom