• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

zert

GAF should I watch The 100? (on Canadian Netflix) I don't know it is a show for teenagers only or not. I really don't know anything about it.

GAF should I watch The 100? (on Canadian Netflix) I don't know it is a show for teenagers only or not. I really don't know anything about it.

Watch it. I saw the first four or so and really liked it. Sadly had to work every other night it aired so I need to finish the season. But it is quite good.

Max is kind of messed up at the moment, all he can recommend are 1980s, Comedy & Critically-Acclaimed and regardless of those genres I just know the vast majority of titles it'll recommend are Disney ones!

I bit like the Recommended list issue I have, I'm slightly fed up with Netflix pushing out (what I'm guessing) is it's highly paid premium content as recommendations when in truth it's not at all what I'd like to watch.

Dalek

My wife and I marathoned the first season of Rectify in the past two nights. I can't recommend this highly enough-it's one of the best television shows I've ever seen and easily the most impressive debut season I've ever seen. It is only 6 episodes though so it's quick. Seriously though, amazing show.

zerotol

Banned
That Kerouac doc is pretty interesting if it's the same one I have on DVD. There's a better one though, but I can't recall the title of it.

My wife and I marathoned the first season of Rectify in the past two nights. I can't recommend this highly enough-it's one of the best television shows I've ever seen and easily the most impressive debut season I've ever seen. It is only 6 episodes though so it's quick. Seriously though, amazing show.

I watched the first episode and couldn't get into it. Does it get better? The main guy is so wooden and boring.

I should start Hell on Wheels - period dramas are right up my alley. I stared Longmire and it's not bad. I was surprised Starbuck from BSG is in it.

jakncoke

Banned
Nice, I was able to go back to the beginning of my current account in viewing activity. No more oppressive last 100 limits! Hope it stays

Is Hell on Wheels any good. I have yet to meet someone who said, "You need to watch Hell on Wheels."

I think it depends on if you've watched Deadwood or not. If you haven't seen Deadwood than you'll prob think Hell on Wheels is ok. If you have seen Deadwood, you'll probably think its too sanitary and basic.

Hunger Games II was alright. Too long (2 1/2 hours? really?) and the story is still laughably cliche. But the world is pretty cool and there are some great actors namely JLaw.

Worth a watch. The 3rd and 4th movie will probably be a bit better because it seems
they wont have the stupid hunger games

As someone who has read the books,
I can tell you no they won't most likely. The third book is the weakest of the three.

jakncoke

Banned
Looks like Netflix is becoming even less transparent. The public API will be shut down in November. http://developer.netflix.com/blog/read/Retiring_the_Netflix_Public_API

Edit: Whoops, this news is a month old. My bad.

Considering how poor Netflix is at easily showing their entire library they should bend over backwards at making it easily as possible for as many as possible to do their job for them.

Like, I just noticed Strange Days was on there but instantwacher says it was add July 2nd... of 2013!

The Stuff was decent as well (added 2011)

I enjoyed Born Free

Totally agree with that, I want them to be easy to navigate and browse their entire library instead of being drip fed selected content in obscure categories.

Oh yeah, totally! Like you might not want to see anything from that selection THAT day, but maybe later on. You go to find it and it's gone. Sure they have the 'MyList' thing, but you can't really add everything from a category, and sometimes the list doesn't even work or disappears.

I mean I'm really liking having Netflix, and totally beats Sky Movies for price and content, but there's so much they could do to improve their service just in useability terms.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

All Cheerleaders Die (Horror, Cult)
Hide and Seek (Thriller, Foreign)
My Way to Olympia (Documentary, Sports, Foreign)
Peace, Love & Misunderstanding (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
The Samaritan (Thriller)

Canada:

My Way to Olympia (Documentary, Sports, Foreign)
Psych Season 7 (TV, Comedy, Drama)

Do these sites even use the API?

I'm not 100% sure.

Addnan

What's the name of the show with the girl who makes her way through high school and some friends introduce her to Grateful Dead. Watched it last year, forgot name. Want to watch again.

What's the name of the show with the girl who makes her way through high school and some friends introduce her to Grateful Dead. Watched it last year, forgot name. Want to watch again.

I'm listening to Live Dead right now. That's all I have to add to the conversation. Carry on.

Sayter

Just to see if it was there I searched Silverado and I couldn't believe it's on Netflix. Great movie. I hate how Netflix only shows you the same stuff over and over.

I also watch JFK: The Smoking Gun. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But this one actually uses science to confirm or deny where all three shots came from. Very well done.

C4Lukins

Just to see if it was there I searched Silverado and I couldn't believe it's on Netflix. Great movie. I hate how Netflix only shows you the same stuff over and over.

I also watch JFK: The Smoking Gun. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But this one actually uses science to confirm or deny where all three shots came from. Very well done.

Wow one of my favorite movies ever, and I had no idea it was on there.

For those who have not seen it. Early Kevin Costner, Scott Glenn, Kevin Kline, John Cleese, Danny Glover, Jeff Goldblum, Jeff Fahey, Rosanna Arquette, and the amazingly evil Brian Dennehey. Do yourself a favor and watch it now.

Your silly posts do not even make any sense anymore. Not even a joke in there. You could have just said Ghost, or Titanic or The Amazing Turtle. Zero thought went into what you did there.

oh wow i have a fan. what's the amazing turtle?

edit: it's not even a film. you tricked me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Seinfeld might be coming to Netflix.

Added today:

FrackNation (Documentary, Political, Science)
Lost Girl Season 4 (TV, Drama, Horror)
Southcliffe (TV, Mini-series, Drama)

Canada:

Southcliffe (TV, Mini-series, Drama)
The Last Days on Mars (Indie, Horror, SciFi)

Mexico:

Midway (Action, War)
Speed Racer: The Next Generation Season 1-2 (TV, Kids)

Netherlands:

Frankenweenie (Family, Animation, Comedy)
Mad Men Season 6 (TV, Drama)
The Human Centipede 2 (Indie, Horror)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I just watched "Which Way Home." The documentary follows two children (and a few others), who are trying to cross the US-Mexican border. It is sad seeing the kids (some as young as 5) trying to make this crazy dangerous trip by themselves or in the hands of a smuggler. Definitely will tug at your heart strings. I guess it really hit home since my parents, grandmother, uncle and aunt have made a similar journey. All of them having the same wishes and dreams as the people in the documentary.

Great watch and would recommend it. Especially now that the subject on children immigrants is in the spotlight.

Top Bottom