• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

DarkFlow

Banned
After looking at different country's Netflix offerings with ad free time, you can tell HBO, Cinemax and Starz really take a chunk out of US movie rights. Hell the Wolf of Wall street is on Mexican Netflix FFS. US Netflix will get that 2 days short of never.

Jag

After looking at different country's Netflix offerings with ad free time, you can tell HBO, Cinemax and Starz really take a chunk out of US movie rights. Hell the Wolf of Wall street is on Mexican Netflix FFS. US Netflix will get that 2 days short of never.

I know you can use a browser extension to access other country's Netflix, but has anyone figure out a way to do it on a PS3 or other device?

Raptor

Since this is the only Netflix thread I Will ask here, sorry if is not the place lol.

Is there any reason why Netflix stopped streaming 1080p out of nowhere? Last week it was on all shows and at all times went up to SuperHD all the time, now I can barely go up to 720p if Im lucky, my conection is the same, I make tests, everything is fine.

This is a pain in the ass since I just payed 2 months lol, is possible that Netflix servers are crap or is something on my end?

Aiii

So not worth it
Since this is the only Netflix thread I Will ask here, sorry if is not the place lol.

Is there any reason why Netflix stopped streaming 1080p out of nowhere? Last week it was on all shows and at all times went up to SuperHD all the time, now I can barely go up to 720p if Im lucky, my conection is the same, I make tests, everything is fine.

This is a pain in the ass since I just payed 2 months lol, is possible that Netflix servers are crap or is something on my end?

I think it's on your end mate, haven't been having any issues streaming from the US this week.

Raptor

I think it's on your end mate, haven't been having any issues streaming from the US this week.

Alright, will trouble shoting tonight and see if I can find the issue, is very weird since everything is like normal, I download things at the normal speed, speedtests come back normal too, is only netflix that 1 out of 10 movies it decides to go up to 1080p and it pisses me off since I already tasted the great SuperHD :(

Instructions Not Included/No Se Aceptan Devoluciones(why the heck can't they just translate the name properly?) was really good went a bit long (the begining has way too many uneceessary parts) but a good heartfelt movie with a
sad ending

And Adfreetime as a cheaper alternative. Turn off the ad blocker though.
This is what I use.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bad Ass 2: Bad Asses (Action)
Justin Bieber's Believe (Documentary, Music)
Psycho Pass Season 1 (TV, Anime)
The Spoils of Babylon Season 1 (TV, Miniseries)

The Killing Season 4 benefits from not having the restriction of being on cable TV. It's pretty enjoyable.

The Killing S1-4 all benefit from the streaming format. The way the show is crafted is perfect for binge-watching, but the cliffhanger after cliffhanger format made it frustrating for weekly TV.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm with Sunshine. I liked the movie for the gross shock factor. The sequel was good if you liked the first. They are making a third one, right?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (TV, Science)
Micky's Twice Upon a Christmas (Family, Animation)
Nymphomaniac: Volume 1/2 (Indie, Drama)
Stage Fright (Horror, Slasher)
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (Romantic, Drama, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Trying to sit through Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Ebert was awfully enthusiastic about it when he was still with us, but, uhm..... It's not very good.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So, this weekend I need to buy some tissues and handcream, ey?

I skipped through it (
long story but my wife is a bit weirded out by too much sex on tv so I wanted to make sure there weren't too many long or explicit sex scenes)
and it didn't seem that titillating to me, seemed pretty dark and intense though. I really want to see it, not sure about the mrs though.

Lubricus

Salamander was a good Belgian crime/conspiracy series.

Thale was an interesting Norwegian fantasy. "While cleaning up a bloody crime scene, two buddies encounter a captive creature of Norwegian myth: a beautiful mute female with a tail".

Per a post by another Gaffer in the Doctor Who S8 thread, The Day of the Doctor (50th Anniversary Movie) and The Time of the Doctor (Christmas Special) have been added to the US region under S7.

I checked myself and can verify it's there. Must have been a stealth addition.

Kaladin

Per a post by another Gaffer in the Doctor Who S8 thread, The Day of the Doctor (50th Anniversary Movie) and The Time of the Doctor (Christmas Special) have been added to the US region under S7.

I checked myself and can verify it's there. Must have been a stealth addition.

Fucking awesome. I'm marathoning Doctor Who right now with the girlfriend so she can catch up. Glad I don't have to spend money on those or watch the ad filled Hulu version.

Fucking awesome. I'm marathoning Doctor Who right now with the girlfriend so she can catch up. Glad I don't have to spend money on those or watch the ad filled Hulu version.

Looks like they also added Planet of the Dead (S4) and A Christmas Carol (S5) as well.

So they finally have the entire New Who catalog.

Edit: Well minus any webisode type stuff.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Funny you should say that -- I've tried to finish it two nights in a row and fallen asleep both times. NEXT PLEASE.
It's pretty poor. The only reason it got any attention was due to the visual style. It's just so bland.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bending Colours (Documentary, Sports)
Congo: The Grand Inga Project (Documentary, Sports)
Danny MacAskill's Imaginate (Sports)
Explorers: Adventures of the Century Season 1-2 (TV, Documentary, Sports)
FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman Season 2-3 (TV, Kids)
Halo Effect (Documentary, Sports)
Junkies on a Budget: In Space (Documentary, Sports)
Kill Zombie! (Horror, Foreign)
Mission to the Edge of Space (Documentary, Sports)
Mount St. Elias (Documentary, Sports)
Strength in Numbers (Documentary, Sports)
Superheroes of Stoke (Documentary, Sports)
The Mind of a Chef Season 1-2 (TV, Food)
Tracing Skylines (Sports)

Nyx

So I watched both of the Nymphomaniac films in 1 sitting yesterday, hard to say what I think of it but it did keep me interested during the whole movie.

It indeed was pretty dark, the ending was not only unexpected for me but sad as well.

And because it rained all day long I also watched some more EPs of The Americans, very good! Got up to ep9 so far.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Jesus People: The Movie (Indie, Comedy)
The Twilight Zone Season 1 (TV, SciFi)
You're Next (Horror, Slasher)

Frozen available on Dutch Netflix.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Yay!

I actually really like the Dutch Netflix, it is much better than I expected when it would release here. I still make plenty of use of the rest of the regions of course, but there is fun stuff on there.

EDIT: Both Dutch and English dubs are available there too. Only Dutch subs.

Watched the Flashpoint Paradox (DC Comic movie)

Really good, condensed and explained a pretty complicated story much better than I thought they'd be able. Obviously had a few changes as the Flashpoint story was to change the DC cannon.

Frozen available on Dutch Netflix.

Gonna finally see what all the fuss is about.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Yay!

I actually really like the Dutch Netflix, it is much better than I expected when it would release here. I still make plenty of use of the rest of the regions of course, but there is fun stuff on there.

EDIT: Both Dutch and English dubs are available there too. Only Dutch subs.

I HATE how the Scandinavian netflix don't have english subs :( (I like subtitles because I'm for some reason horrible at picking up proper nouns in a lot of movies (especially fantasy and sci-fi stuff where they just make up words)

Don't mind it on the Latin American ones because I speak spanish but it sucks there.

Watched the Flashpoint Paradox (DC Comic movie)

Really good, condensed and explained a pretty complicated story much better than I thought they'd be able. Obviously had a few changes as the Flashpoint story was to change the DC cannon.

Gonna finally see what all the fuss is about.

I HATE how the Scandinavian netflix don't have english subs :( (I like subtitles because I'm for some reason horrible at picking up proper nouns in a lot of movies (especially fantasy and sci-fi stuff where they just make up words)

Don't mind it on the Latin American ones because I speak spanish but it sucks there.

I also always watch with English subs (well, in this case I can live with Dutch). Although at least animated movies aimed at a younger audience are usually a lot easier to follow and understand, so I could probably watch that without subs too.

I also always watch with English subs (well, in this case I can live with Dutch). Although at least animated movies aimed at a younger audience are usually a lot easier to follow and understand, so I could probably watch that without subs too.
I understand just some things I miss for example they keep calling this guy 'thawne' but I couldn't really understand what they were saying because it was such a weird name.

Vyer

Robin Williams news bums me out. :(
I went through and found some stuff I'm going to have to watch this week.

Jumanji
Hook
The Birdcage
Popeye
World's Greatest Dad
The Fisher King
Weapons of Self Destruction

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
^All US or sprinkled across the regions?

Mrs. Doubtfire (Netherlands)
Good Will Hunting (Mexico/Sweden/UK)
Robots (Mexico)
Bicentennial Man (Mexico)
Insomnia (Mexico)
Good Morning, Vietnam (Canada)
RV (Canada)

Top Bottom