• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
A few more for Mexico:

Batman ('89, Action)
Footloose ('11, Drama)
Little Miss Sunshine (Indie, Drama)
Michael Jackson's This is It (Documentary, Music)
Mobsters (Crime, Drama)
Spiderman (Action)
The Medallion (Action, Comedy)
The Messengers (Horror)
The Ring 1, 2 (Horror, Supernatural)
Untraceable (Thriller)

God bless Unblock.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Coming soon:

Big Top Pee-Wee 9/5
True Grit ('69) 9/5
Days of Thunder 9/12
High Noon 9/12
Defiance 9/15
The Duchess 9/15
The Cake Eaters 9/15
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier 9/26
The Hunted 9/30

Coming in Oct:

Fat Man & Little Boy
Radio Days
House Arrest
L'Auberge Espagnole
Kramer vs Kramer
Interiors
The Fly ('58)
Affliction
Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
The Wild Thronberrys Movie
Annie
Body Count
Nick of Time
From the Hip
Paths of Glory
Team America: World Police
Domestic Disturbance
Tamara
Searching for Bobboy Fischer
Bananas
The Rage: Carrie 2
Shane
Sleeplees in Seattle
Top Dog
Stardust Memories
Sleeper
Zelig
Romeo + Juliet
Nell
The Desert Fox: The Story of Rommel
A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy

So, Netflix lost Sesame Street on September 1 apparently. Not a big deal for me per se but, my one year old wasn't happy. Good thing I have Prime streaming too.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Netflix is making a bigger deal out of Facebook, it seems. I wish they would just make a little community themselves.

0WsVqHx.png

MWYsx2z.png

Salsa

huh.. apparently they "replaced" the 2 seasons of parks and rec that were available on Latin America from 1 and 2 to 3 and 4 overnight

went to next ep today and it went directly to s03e01 and the previous season are nowhere to be seen

odd

I noticed it too when I loaded it up and asked me to recommend Hoodwinked. I wish you could make a general recommendation to everyone on Facebook, instead of just specific people.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I kind of liked Netflix's old friends/community feature. At the very least, it was amusing to see the awful crap some of my co-workers watched.

I noticed it too when I loaded it up and asked me to recommend Hoodwinked. I wish you could make a general recommendation to everyone on Facebook, instead of just specific people.
It's not a feature I'd use, but it is kind of strange. It's like the one site where you can't, for instance, "like" or share something to your friends or a specific group/list, etc.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

The Netflix Original Series "Hemlock Grove," from Gaumont International Television, a riveting and eerie mystery from executive producer Eli Roth and based on Brian McGreevy’s novel of the same name, has been picked up for a third and final season. Showrunner Charles H. (Chic) Eglee will return for the ten-episode final season which is slated to premiere on Netflix in 2015.

Im sick of companies trying to build some giant unified profile of me. I just don't want to consolidate it.

Its almost everywhere nowadays too.

The last couple eps of hemlock grove s2 had me like "wut"

It's really not a very good show. But I can't lie, I'll probably watch the last season

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link to the thread. Netflix brought the rights for Gotham:

Netflix is getting very, very aggressive with its streaming deals. After picking up The Blacklist for a reported $2 million per episode, Netflix now has the rights to Gotham before the show has even aired.

According to Deadline, the deal between Netflix and Warner Bros. spans all Netflix territories (both present and future) and was "put in motion" soon after a successful May screening of the pilot in Los Angeles (our own take on the pilot wasn't quite as glowing). Each season will be made available after its broadcast run, which for the US could mean September 2015. Deadline says it's hearing $1.75 million per episode of Gotham, which isn't quite Blacklist money, but again... the show hasn't even aired yet. Which, if you're wondering, is September 22nd on Fox.

JLG-

Season 5 of The League is finally up!

and that From Dusk Till Dawn tv show is up as well (have no idea if it's any good or not)

The last couple eps of hemlock grove s2 had me like "wut"

It's really not a very good show. But I can't lie, I'll probably watch the last season

Oh it's terrible, and I'm totally in for another season. I can't quite tell if it's trying to be bad or not, but I'm pretty entertained by it assuming that it is, so I'm sticking with that.

Draconian

Whoa, the CW is actually letting Netflix put season 2 of Arrow up early enough to give people a fair shot at catching up before the new season starts. This is going to be great!

Nizz

Oh man, I absolutely loved Fringe. It's one of the many reasons why i'm in love with Netflix; never would have watched it if it weren't for this service. Walter (and Gene) stole the show. John Noble does some mighty impressive acting.
Still don't know how I feel about the last season, though. The finale was a bit dissapointing.

Arrow's pretty entertaining. The first five episodes are a bit rough to watch, but it get's much, much better after those. Hopefully Netflix puts up Season 2 soon.

I see Chuck will dissapear on the 9th on Netflix Netherlands. Makes me sad to see my favorite show go away. Time for another marathon... :p
Yeah, John Noble really knocks it out of the park on this show. I thought the direction they went in the final season was pretty unexpected but I thought it worked for me.

Yeah, the finale for Fringe did bring the feels. The two parts that I had the hardest time keeping it together:
When Astrid showed Walter where Gene was, and when Walter said "It is a beautiful name. Astrid." Dawwww!
I was disappointed at the way Olivia killed Widmark though. She gets that awesome power up moment, and you think she is going to make him explode, Scanners style, then all she does is slide a car at him.

Arrow is damn awesome. It is a bit rough, but episode 14 is when the awesome kicks in.
I saw somewhere that Arrow season 2 should be on Netflix on September 14th or something like that. So plenty of time to marathon it before season 3 starts on October 8th.
The part I had trouble holding it together was
when Peter found the last tape with Walter saying goodbye to him and that he needed to go along with the boy through the wormhole and then they hugged it out.

I was like "who the hell's cuttin onions here, huh?" Lol. I held on but dammit I almost cracked. 😊

Arrow is damn awesome. It is a bit rough, but episode 14 is when the awesome kicks in.
I saw somewhere that Arrow season 2 should be on Netflix on September 14th or something like that. So plenty of time to marathon it before season 3 starts on October 8th.
Can I read up what happens before then? I don't want to watch 14 episodes of crap before I get to enjoyable stuff.

I want to watch but I can't justify 14 hours of wasted time

Can I read up what happens before then? I don't want to watch 14 episodes of crap before I get to enjoyable stuff.

The first 13 episodes are not crap. They are just decent. But the reason the 14th episode works so well is that you had all the set up and build to it. Watching it cold or with only knowing recaps is fine, but you lose a lot of its impact.

Just watch it all. There is some great stuff in the first half. Just not as great as the second half.

Lubricus

Watched episode 1 of Californication.I was pretty much laughing all the way.
"Daddy, there's a naked woman on your bed!She doesn't have any hair on her vagina. She must have something wrong with her".

Oh it's terrible, and I'm totally in for another season. I can't quite tell if it's trying to be bad or not, but I'm pretty entertained by it assuming that it is, so I'm sticking with that.
I often think " this is a turrible show" while watching. But I keep going lol.

Kaniehtiio Horn is pretty attractive though

Guys, can you help me with a new show to watch? Got limited time so can only watch one

House, Star Trek (never seen any of them), Always sunny, Fringe, The shield, 30 rock

Or anything like that really. I can't choose :s

Guys, can you help me with a new show to watch? Got limited time so can only watch one

House, Star Trek (never seen any of them), Always sunny, Fringe, The shield, 30 rock

Or anything like that really. I can't choose :s

I was about to say Trailer Park Boys but something tells me you saw that already. Is Parks and Recreation an option for you? If so, I'd go with that. If you have to go with one you already listed I'd say 30 Rock.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I watched three episodes of The League last night, and something was off. Didn't feel like the show that I loved. Hopefully it improves.

Dalek

Watch them all. It's not crap-a lot of it is setup. You're basically asking to skip your dinner and go to dessert. Eat your dinner first.

Draconian

Just finished Arrow season 1. It really does get better as it goes along, but I don't think it's that bad to start off with. Can't wait for season 2 now!

I think I'm gonna watch some Doctor Who before moving back to Arrow.

Just finished Arrow season 1. It really does get better as it goes along, but I don't think it's that bad to start off with. Can't wait for season 2 now!

I think I'm gonna watch some Doctor Who before moving back to Arrow.

Arrow season 2 is so much better than season 1. It just stays awesome from start to finish. Having said that, I do prefer the finale to season 1 to the season 2 finale. But season 2 has the best episodes of the whole series so far.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Some of these seem like they might have already been on Netflix before. I think the Top Gear stuff has been up for awhile. The site has been having trouble lately so who knows.

Added today:

90210 Season 1 ('08, TV, Drama)
Cake Boss Season 3 (TV, Reality)
Courage the Cowardly Dog Season 3 (TV, Kids)
Curious George Season 1-4 (TV, Kids)
DreamWorks Holiday Classics Season 1 (TV, Kids)
LazyTown Season 3 (TV, Kids)
League of Super Evil Season 1 (TV, Kids)
LEGO: Legends of Chima Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Magnum P.I. Season 3 (TV, Action)
Miami Ink Season 6 (TV, Reality)
Once Upon a Time Season 3 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
Pretty Little Liars Season 4 (TV, Teen, Drama)
Top Gear Season 9-16 (TV, Reality)
Zero Hour Season 1-3 (Anime)

jakncoke

Banned
I noticed that with movies as well as I was randomly clicking on from Sept 1st list and . Prob starting to cycle stuff back into the library that expired during late 2012/early 2013 or something

I watched Machete Kills. It sucked, terribly. I remember when Machete was close to a grind house movie. Now it's just stupid and boring. It's not even worth a shitty pun in the review.

Just watched Special ID, which is a Donnie Yen movie where he plays an undercover cop. Not one of his best films but overall an entertaining watch. It's been interesting to see how Donnie has changed the fight choreography in his films that are set in current day. While it still has Traditional Martial Arts and Hong Kong film style stunts but there's been a noticeable trend from him to utilize less refined looking fights and incorporating a lot more grappling and submission techniques that are popular in MMA. Kind of cool to see in Hong Kong films.

strafer

Just watched Special ID, which is a Donnie Yen movie where he plays an undercover cop. Not one of his best films but overall an entertaining watch. It's been interesting to see how Donnie has changed the fight choreography in his films that are set in current day. While it still has Traditional Martial Arts and Hong Kong film style stunts but there's been a noticeable trend from him to utilize less refined looking fights and incorporating a lot more grappling and submission techniques that are popular in MMA. Kind of cool to see in Hong Kong films.

That movie is awesome. Donnie Yen is one of my favorites.

Added today (in addition to the list posted earlier this morning):

Beakman's World Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Being Human Season 3 (US, TV, Drama, Fantasy)
Ben 10 Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy Season 4 (TV, Kids)
Eureka Season 2 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Getting Go: The Go Doc Project (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
Johnny Bravo Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Phineas and Ferb Season 2-3 (TV, Kids)
Say Yes to the Dress Season 8 (TV, Reality)
Sliders Season 1 (TV, Action, SciFi)
Spice and Wolf (Anime)
Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 (TV, Action, SciFi)
The Game Season 2 (TV, Comedy)
The Venture Bros Season 2 (TV, Comedy)
United States of Tara Season 2-3 (TV, Drama)
Who the (Bleep) Did I Marry? Season 2 (TV, Reality)

This list seems a bit odd, at least if it's for the US region because some of the listings have been available for a long time now. Right off the bat I know Being Human S3 and Eureka S2 have been there and were never removed.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
This list seems a bit odd, at least if it's for the US region because some of the listings have been available for a long time now. Right off the bat I know Being Human S3 and Eureka S2 have been there and were never removed.

Yeah, I knew that didn't look right. But I jump between regions so often I lose track sometimes. The web site has been acting up quite a bit over the past few days. I wonder whats up.

jakncoke

Banned
Really enjoyed the season of Trailer Park Boys, I now wait for season 9 :p

Time to rewatch some movies I havent seen in awhile

Top Bottom