• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Dalek

Like others said, the show gets much better after that. The latter part of season 1 and all of season 2 are crazy awesome. If you are liking it now, you will probably love the rest of it.

And if you thought that the show moved fast getting to that story point, buckle up. The train only gets faster with how things move. The show doesn't waste any time with moving things along.

Season 2 treats nearly every episode like it's a season finale. Nothing on TV comes close to providing the sheer pleasure and enjoyment that Arrow provides. It may not be the BEST show on TV, but it's the most FUN show on TV. They sure as hell put 100% of all their effort into every episode.

Season 2 treats nearly every episode like it's a season finale. Nothing on TV comes close to providing the sheer pleasure and enjoyment that Arrow provides. It may not be the BEST show on TV, but it's the most FUN show on TV. They sure as hell put 100% of all their effort into every episode.

There are shows with better and more intense action.. but they're on premium channels, not broadcast.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm seven episodes into Hannibal S1 (Canada) and I'm really digging it so far. I can see why it has gotten so much praise.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Digimon Xros Wars Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Hate Story (Thriller, Bollywood)
Personal: Grant & Calvin Hill (Documentary, Sports)
Project Wild Thing (Documentary, Social)
Rage (Action)
The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden (Documentary, Crime)
Who Is Dayani Cristal? (Documentary)
Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 (Action, Comedy, Bollywood)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Episode 4 should change your mind.

Episode 4 made it worse lol. When I read the title of the episode, I got hyped. Man, that was a letdown of an episode.

For the love of everything holy, that ending better not be true.

Just wait until season 2...

Oh yes, and it gets better and better. Probably my favorite show out there now.

Can't wait then because it already is a top-notch show.

What are some feel good, get happy, sitcom/comedy? I feel like I already watched most of that stuff, HIMYM, New Girl, Parks and recs, Friends. I need something to don't feel so depressed at the end of the day.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
What are some feel good, get happy, sitcom/comedy? I feel like I already watched most of that stuff, HIMYM, New Girl, Parks and recs, Friends. I need something to don't feel so depressed at the end of the day.

Have you watched any of the older sitcoms? The Casey/Lee/Angell trifecta of Cheers, Frasier, and Wings are on there in full. Coach holds up really well, even in the later seasons with a significant amount of location and cast changes.

Perhaps go British for a bit: Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, Fry & Laurie...

Just saw the first episode of Utopia. That was...well... wow

Reminds me a bit of a PTA film. With the music and visual combination with the dialogue kind of playing off it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

If you have a VPN, check out Happy Endings in Canada.

Reminds me a bit of a PTA film. With the music and visual combination with the dialogue kind of playing off it.

I'm going to give this a watch this weekend. It has been at the top of my view list ever since that LTTP thread. The opening scene blew me away.

I know it's not on Netflix (maybe Amazon Prime) but I can never recommend Party Down enough. Also, Arrested Delevopement!

BFIB

Just finished Season 1 of Arrow. Looks like Season 2 comes to Netflix on 9/14. Woo!

Season 2 is bar none some of the best comic book anything done by DC in a long, long time.

Its a wild ride from start to finish.

Chairhome

In a good way, right? I'm really interested in watching it.

Also, does hola work with chromecast if I try to cast from the browser, or will that break the proxy?

I'm going to give this a watch this weekend. It has been at the top of my view list ever since that LTTP thread. The opening scene blew me away.
Yeah its definently worth it. Highly entertaining so far.
It's on US Netflix?
Unfortunately only UK and Irish right now.
In a good way, right? I'm really interested in watching it.

Also, does hola work with chromecast if I try to cast from the browser, or will that break the proxy?
Yeah in a good way. Just visually striking and a lot more violent than I was expecting. Not surprised HBO is going to do an American version, thought they don't have much room to HBO-fy it besides puting some breasts, there's already a lot of f-bombs, and violence.

I can see weaknesses already, I think I know where the plot is going and the performances aren't the best but its a really cool looking show so far. Excited to see if it continues to surprise

Lubricus

Star Trek Voyager Season 7 up today.

"There are three ways to do things: The Right way, The Wrong way, and The Janeway "

Over 150 shows if you start at the beginning.

I went against the grain and continued on with Californication past season four. I actually liked season six, even though it was out there even for that show. The entire Hank and Karen dynamic is getting extremely tiresome to me though and I probably won't watch season seven.

I mean, the dude was on tour with a rock god and a younger, hotter version of Karen. His kid is in Europe for a year. And he came back for her? Come on man...

Does anyone have any idea when season 3 of Borgia (the John Doman one) will hit Netflix? Wikipedia says it will premier in France with an estimated air date of September/October, and then go to Netflix, but has anything more definite been announced?

Also, how does Borgias (the Jeremy Irons one) compare? I'll probably watch it eventually, but I'd like to wrap up Borgia first.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Does anyone have any idea when season 3 of Borgia (the John Doman one) will hit Netflix? Wikipedia says it will premier in France with an estimated air date of September/October, and then go to Netflix, but has anything more definite been announced?

Also, how does Borgias (the Jeremy Irons one) compare? I'll probably watch it eventually, but I'd like to wrap up Borgia first.

The Borgias is really good! (I haven't seen Borgia so I can't compare)

Jimothy

Is anyone else's predicted rating all messed up now? It was rare that I had a red 5 star for anything and now it seems like pretty much everything does. Not really a big deal but it's sort of annoying.

Is anyone else's predicted rating all messed up now? It was rare that I had a red 5 star for anything and now it seems like pretty much everything does. Not really a big deal but it's sort of annoying.
The app rarely shows things that are not highly rated.

I went on the website for the first time the other day. There is a lot of crap that has 2 or 3 stars.

Jimothy

The radio bits in Good Morning Vietnam are probably the best bits of comedic acting in movie history. The scene with the troops is equally brilliant. I wouldn't be surprised if the actors in the background cracking up was totally real because I was dying. It's a shame the dramatic bits fall pretty flat, even though Williams does his best to elevate the material. Kind of a confusing movie tone wise.

jakncoke

Banned
The Long, Hot Summer : Came across this, found it to be enjoyable.

Oh The Adventures of Milo and Otis, its like im a kid again :) Havent seen this in more than 15 years probably

It's very "Jeremy Irons" is the only way I'd describe it. He goes full tilt. I couldn't take it after 3 or 4 episodes, but if you like him as an actor then it's good I guess.

Nyx

Filth is up in (at least) the US

not as good as the book, natch..but certainly of interest for any Irvine Welsh fans

The book is one of the best I ever read, did you also read The Marabou Stork Nightmares from Welsh?

Didn't really like the Filth movie btw, it wasn't terrible but could have been so much better.

Top Bottom