• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Kinda pissed I'm not in college anymore.

I want to learn french and netflix having thousands of dubs would help tremendously but I can't really learn a language unless I can take a class.

FX shows are notoriously slow to go streaming. American Horror Story S2, for example, didn't appear on Netflix until S3 was almost finished on TV. Same thing for Justified on other regions and Amazon. I guess FX prefers people to catch up on FX network, which makes sense since they do lots of marathons.

tell me about it. I'm waiting for the Americans season 2 :(

Jag

Yep. I bet it only goes up like a day before the new season starts now. So dumb.

Arrow Season 2 on Netflix moved until October 8
arrow_13905189454577.jpg

El Topo

So Deadwood is also on Netflix France. Maybe all the new regions will get it?

I doubt it, but we'll see in a few hours with Germany. I'm not expecting Netflix to keep up with the competition at the start here, although Penny Dreadful sounds amusing (if cheesy) enough for me to test Netflix.

So, The Blacklist is like My Name is Earl only with guns...
Just watched first episode, nothing that really hooked me. Didn't even pay attention to it fully.

But I'll watch another sometime soon, see how it progresses
Ep 1 spoiler
the husband thing kind of caught my interest though

Kingbrave

Just watched first episode, nothing that really hooked me. Didn't even pay attention to it fully.

But I'll watch another sometime soon, see how it progresses
Ep 1 spoiler
the husband thing kind of caught my interest though

It gets better. I'm on episode 13 right now but it really makes me think of My Name is EArl but with more blood.

Aiii

So not worth it
Netflix on Android through Chromecast has the automatic continuation to next episodes for TV shows now, not sure when they added that exactly, but only noticed it today. Been missing that feature so much! So yay!

JLG-

So I compiled a horror movie list for the GAF horror movie marathon. The list is of all the different horror movies available in the different regions. I figured I might as well post it here too. Anything that repeated wasn't listed twice. That is why the lists gets shorter as it goes on.

US:

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2
Absentia
Black Sunday
Candyman
Carrie (1987)
Children of the Corn
Creepshow 2
Dead Silence
Devil
Event Horizon
Fido
Friday the 13th: Part 7: The New Blood
Fright Night
From Dusk Till Dawn
Grave Encounters 1/2
Halloween Resurrection
Haunter
Hellraiser 1/2/3/Bloodline/Revelations/Inferno/Hellworld/Hellseeker/Deader
House 1/2
Insidious Chapter 2
Ju-on: The Grudge/2
Leprechaun
Let the Right One In
Maniac
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Odd Thomas
Paranormal Activity 4
Pontypool
[Rec] 3
Re-Animator
Rosemary's Baby
Scream 1/2/3
Texas Chainsaw (2013)
The ABCs of Death
The Bay
The Blair Witch Project
The Cabin in the Woods
The Caller
The Collection
The Craft
The Crow Wicked Prayer
The Final
The Frighteners
The House of the Devil
The Pact
The Shrine
Tucker & Dale VS Evil
Urban Legends
VHS 2
Vampire in Brooklyn
Wishmaster
You're Next

Some good stuff missing from the US list:

Ichi The Killer
Day of the Dead
Dead Snow
Class of Nuke 'Em High
Night of the Creeps
Ravenous
The Toxic Avenger
The Host
Red State
Stakeland

Draconian

I don't understand why they do this, they want people to watch it live right? Then let people catch up and reap the rating reward of new viewers.

I have no clue what their business model is. The blu-ray should've been out a month or so ago. They could get money from the sales of that and have put it up on Netflix already. I guess the CW has little to no interest in growing the audience for the show when it's airing.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Age of Tomorrow (Thriller, SciFi)
Best of Teletubbies (TV, Kids)
Defiance (Drama)
Evergreen (Documentary, Social)
Just a Sign (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
Manakamana (Documentary, Faith)
Monumental: In Search of America's National Treasure (Documentary, Historical)
Puppy Party (Family)
Season of a Lifetime (Documentary, Sports)
The Coed and the Zombie Stoner (Comedy, B-Horror)
The Duchess (Drama)
Torment (Horror)
Trailer Park Boys: Xmas Special (Comedy)
When I Walk (Documentary, Biographical/Jason DaSilva)
Wolfbood Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Unsealed: Alien Files Season 1 (TV, Documentary)

So I compiled a horror movie list for the GAF horror movie marathon. The list is of all the different horror movies available in the different regions. I figured I might as well post it here too. Anything that repeated wasn't listed twice. That is why the lists gets shorter as it goes on.

Also might want to add Bram Stoker's Dracula. I haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be good.

Can someone giveth me a quick summary of Arrow? Seen it but I judged it by its cover and wasn't interested. Is it good?
Take the tone of Batman Begins and Dark Knight, but stretched out. Higher body count. Better character development. Not ashamed to mine the B, C, and D tier of DC characters and bring them to life.

Get past the first 13 episodes. They are good, but episode 14 is when greatness sets in.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Take the tone of Batman Begins and Dark Knight, but stretched out. Higher body count. Better character development. Not ashamed to mine the B, C, and D tier of DC characters and bring them to life.

Get past the first 13 episodes. They are good, but episode 14 is when greatness sets in.

I love how people keep moving the goalposts for when it gets good. Just watch the first few. Ok, it gets good around ep 8. No, 13.

I don't have 13 hours to waste on something not good in the hopes that it will get good. Could I just jump on episode 13 and get the gist? It's a CW show, I'm not expecting Wire-level plotting.

MoeDabs

I love how people keep moving the goalposts for when it gets good. Just watch the first few. Ok, it gets good around ep 8. No, 13.

I don't have 13 hours to waste on something not good in the hopes that it will get good. Could I just jump on episode 13 and get the gist? It's a CW show, I'm not expecting Wire-level plotting.

I think it was good from episode 1. Just start from the beginning and if you dont like it, you dont like it. No need to stress out about it.

People seem pretty consistent to say that it gets a lot better in the second half. And that season 2 is even better.

You definitely get the gist though, but it takes some time for the characters to be developed before it focuses more on the villains.

I enjoyed the first half too, and there isn't some sudden big change, but it does get more fun later on.

it gets increasingly watchable as the season progresses, but episode 14 is when it actually gets legit good. I don't think it's ever particularly terrible, just rough and finding its footing for the first half. There are still some good developments there though. Start from the beginning and maybe skip to 14 if you're not feeling it. If you're still not feeling it, then it might not be for you

Jag

I think it was good from episode 1. Just start from the beginning and if you dont like it, you dont like it. No need to stress out about it.

I agree. It pretty much grabbed me from the start. It did slow down a bit, but the momentum carried it through to an awesome finish.

I said it was good for the first 13. It just gets to being great at 14. I agree that there is moving of the goalposts all the time, and that with the hyperbole on here many might say that the first half is horrible. It isn't. It is still good, but not to the same quality as the second half of season 1. But you can't really jump ahead to episode 14 or so, because it doesn't have the same impact without the story build up to it.

But, as Prophet Steve said, almost everyone is in agreement that the second half of season 1 is great and the second season is even better.

BFIB

I enjoyed it from the beginning, but it takes a slow burn for the first 8 episodes or so before it just starts firing on all cylinders.

But once it starts firing, it does not stop. I think its worth it for the intros of Diggle, Felicity, and some good groundwork on Thea, and other characters.

Well worth a watch IMO. Fantastic show, one of the best on TV right now.

US:

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2
Absentia
Black Sunday
Candyman
Carrie (1987)
Children of the Corn
Creepshow 2
Dead Silence
Devil
Event Horizon
Fido
Friday the 13th: Part 7: The New Blood
Fright Night
From Dusk Till Dawn
Grave Encounters 1/2
Halloween Resurrection
Haunter
Hellraiser 1/2/3/Bloodline/Revelations/Inferno/Hellworld/Hellseeker/Deader
House 1/2
Insidious Chapter 2
Ju-on: The Grudge/2
Leprechaun
Let the Right One In
Maniac
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Odd Thomas
Paranormal Activity 4
Pontypool
[Rec] 3
Re-Animator
Rosemary's Baby
Scream 1/2/3
Texas Chainsaw (2013)
The ABCs of Death
The Bay
The Blair Witch Project
The Cabin in the Woods
The Caller
The Collection
The Craft
The Crow Wicked Prayer
The Final
The Frighteners
The House of the Devil
The Pact
The Shrine
Tucker & Dale VS Evil
Urban Legends
VHS 2
Vampire in Brooklyn
Wishmaster
You're Next

Canada:

30 Days of Night
Child's Play/Seed of Chucky
Darkness Falls
Doghouse
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
Evil Dead 2
Fright Night 2
Halloween (2007)/H20/The Curse of Michael Myers
Hostel 1/3
Insidious
Let Me In
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones
Pet Sematary
Pumpkinhead
Saw 1/2/3/4/5/3D
Teeth
The Eye
The Descent 1/2
The Devil Rejects
The Grudge
The Last Exorcism
The Mist
The Strangers

Mexico:

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Boogeyman
Case 39
Candyman 3
Child's Play 2/3
Cube 1/2
Friday the 13th (2009)
Idle Hands
Paranormal Activity 2
Poltergeist
Psycho
[Rec]
Stigmata
The Amityville Horror (both 1979 and 2005)/2
The Collector
The Crazies
The Gate
The Messengers
The Omen (1976)
The Ring
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
Wishmaster 2

Sweden:

Cabin Fever
Dawn of the Dead
Drag Me to Hell
Halloween II (2009)/Season of the Witch
Jeepers Creepers 2
Saw VI
Scream 4
Shutter
Slither
The Conjuring
The Orphanage
The Shining
Wrong Turn

UK:

An American Werewolf in London
Carrie (2013)
Friday the 13th: Part 4/5/6/7/8
Fright Night (2011)
Panadorum
Sinister
Thirteen Ghosts
The Ring Two
Unborn

Thanks for the list!

Dalek

Sheesh-I didn't like The Blacklist at all...

Sucks, because I was looking forward to having something new to watch.

sdijoseph

I looked at some of the new netflix regions (Germany, France, Austria), and I noticed that both inception and shaun of the dead are on France's netflix (those weren't available on any other netflix region previously, to my knowledge). Has anyone else seen any movies that aren't on any other versions of netflix?

Aiii

So not worth it
I looked at some of the new netflix regions (Germany, France, Austria), and I noticed that both inception and shaun of the dead are on France's netflix (those weren't available on any other netflix region previously, to my knowledge). Has anyone else seen any movies that aren't on any other versions of netflix?

So far, only one anime movie, being Bleach: Memories of Nobody: The Movie on both German and French Netflix.

Was hoping the show would be on there as well, but alas. :(

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Some good stuff missing from the US list:

Ichi The Killer
Day of the Dead
Dead Snow
Class of Nuke 'Em High
Night of the Creeps
Ravenous
The Toxic Avenger
The Host
Red State
Stakeland

Also might want to add Bram Stoker's Dracula. I haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be good.

Thanks,will add those to the list. I knew I was missing some stuff.

Thanks for the list!

Damn dude, thanks for that! Seems my veep doesn't have servers in Mexico unfortunately.

No problem!

Top Bottom