• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
How? All they have to do is block known server ip ranges/asns and they're done.

I don't know man, I'm not a VPN technician. Maybe some thing where they reroute through servers that can assign random IP numbers? I'm betting the lure of money is sufficient motivation to work it out.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Eh, Season 4 is pretty good but I'd suggest watching it in one go.

The best "resurrected" netflix property though is Trailer Park Boys. Fantastic new season.

lmao, becuase one surefire way of making confusing media more clear is to watch 7 consecutive hours of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well, all the storylines are at time very integrated into each other, so if you forget about past episodes you are missing out on a lot.

indeed. I'm not saying you have to do it in one go ( I did it in two shifts while preparing for a party) but you should really try to get it done in a week or so else it won't make any sense.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
^which one did you watch? I watched the Knuckle up one and was surprised at it. Grown men try to beat up a little girl while everyone watches. The same men go out their way to try and kill the ninja boys. It was hilariously bad.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
In the US, it's called 3 Ninjas. The one you watched is called 3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain.

I gotta rewatch it. I remember loving those movies growing up. Should be a great comedy.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Wish I could watch your reaction to his "stealth" scene. :D

Lol your reaction to the movie would probably be better. Since I at least have some idea of the movies going in. Can only imagine going in blind nowadays. My little sister loved it though.

In the US, it's called 3 Ninjas. The one you watched is called 3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain.

I gotta rewatch it. I remember loving those movies growing up. Should be a great comedy.

Oh man, there are few films as amazing as 3 Ninjas was when I was a kid. Loved the original so much. I need to rewatch it, too.

I have a question, and since this is the only netflix/streaming thread I am not sure where else to post it.

Is there any site that maintains which streaming sites have which TV shows (and which currently running shows are unavailable)? Most of the time I am able to find things but today Google is failing me on a couple.

(for example The Mentalist and Agents of Shield)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have a question, and since this is the only netflix/streaming thread I am not sure where else to post it.

Is there any site that maintains which streaming sites have which TV shows (and which currently running shows are unavailable)? Most of the time I am able to find things but today Google is failing me on a couple.

(for example The Mentalist and Agents of Shield)

Check out the moreflicks. You can click the settings to include iTunes, amazon, hulu, etc. Agents of Shield is up on Canada and Mexico.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Oh man, there are few films as amazing as 3 Ninjas was when I was a kid. Loved the original so much. I need to rewatch it, too.

It is amazing. Growing up as a kid, I loved that kids were kicking ass. On top of all that, I had three younger brothers. So we were each one of them. I don't think the original is up. Only the sequels.

It is amazing. Growing up as a kid, I loved that kids were kicking ass. On top of all that, I had three younger brothers. So we were each one of them. I don't think the original is up. Only the sequels.

Dude, are you a part of my family? I had two brothers -- I'm the oldest so naturally I was Rocky. My little bros were Colt and Tum Tum. My brothers even teased me about being attracted to Emily (I wasn't, but it was a character thing).

What the fuck were we doing as kids?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Dude, are you a part of my family? I had two brothers -- I'm the oldest so naturally I was Rocky. My little bros were Colt and Tum Tum. My brothers even teased me about being attracted to Emily (I wasn't, but it was a character thing).

What the fuck were we doing as kids?

I was Rocky too lol. There was one of the girls that I had a huge crush on. Forgot which movie she was in. Might have been the Mega Mountain one.

Suggestions on Documentaries dealing with disasters? Natural, man made, etc?
Things like chenyobal, Yellowstone national park valcano, 3 mile island, terrorism.
Can be be past, present or things that can happen in the future.

Asbel

Just realized tou said season 5. Season 5 had been up in US for awhile? Pretty sure ?
Or maybe I'm imagining things

Some ppl really enjoy it, I think theres a good amount of solid episodes in s4.
I'm excited for the potential of another season.

The Buster episode of AD season 4 is must watch.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia (Documentary, Political)
Revolution Season 2 (TV, Action, Fantasy)
Vic and Flo Saw a Bear (Drama, Foreign)

Salsa

well I finally fell into the battlestar galactica hole, and now I heard it'll be removed soon :(

not really moving at the pace I want watching it but hopefully i'll go through it in the next few days? it's being removed october first if im not mistaken

well I finally fell into the battlestar galactica hole, and now I heard it'll be removed soon :(

not really moving at the pace I want watching it but hopefully i'll go through it in the next few days? it's being removed october first if im not mistaken

Just be aware that the finale has scenes missing on Netflix for some reason. I am not sure of other episodes in the series, but the finale definitely has scenes missing from the original broadcast, like some character final goodbyes. No idea why.

Where in the series are you, btw?

Salsa

Just be aware that the finale has scenes missing on Netflix for some reason. I am not sure of other episodes in the series, but the finale definitely has scenes missing from the original broadcast, like some character final goodbyes. No idea why.

Where in the series are you, btw?

ep 9 of the first season

guess i'll order the blu-ray since I need to eat and sleep in between :(

I was gonna follow this order, jic: http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.com/2010/02/battlestar-galactica-viewing-order.html

ep 9 of the first season

guess i'll order the blu-ray since I need to eat and sleep in between :(

I was gonna follow this order, jic: http://thunderpeel2001.blogspot.com/2010/02/battlestar-galactica-viewing-order.html

That viewing order sounds confusing as shit just reading it. The only thing you need to know is the watch Razor after you finish season 3 really, and that is how Netflix and the DVD/Blu sets have it broken up as well.

As for where you are, you are in the golden time. Season 1 is this near perfect beast. But the middle of season 2 has this cluster of episodes that are the pinnacle of the series. Don't read the plot descriptions on Netflix, but just know that when you get to an episode called "Pegasus", you are in for a run of amazing episodes after that.

Having said that, even if I think the Pegasus arc is the best the show ever was, my personal favorite episodes are the four part beginning to season 3, ending with my favorite episode: Exodus Pt 2. It features some of the most badass and awesome moments of the whole series, and proves that you do NOT want to fuck with Adama when he is mad and had time to plan. Those that have watched the series know the moment I am referring to.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

WTF

Which scenes were missing? I seem to remember thinking that it was odd how some of the characters didn't have their goodbyes at the time, but that was near the beginning of the year so I can't remember which ones were missing.
Chief
was one, I think?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
That viewing order sounds confusing as shit just reading it. The only thing you need to know is the watch Razor after you finish season 3 really, and that is how Netflix and the DVD/Blu sets have it broken up as well.

As for where you are, you are in the golden time. Season 1 is this near perfect beast. But the middle of season 2 has this cluster of episodes that are the pinnacle of the series. Don't read the plot descriptions on Netflix, but just know that when you get to an episode called "Pegasus", you are in for a run of amazing episodes after that.

Having said that, even if I think the Pegasus arc is the best the show ever was, my personal favorite episodes are the four part beginning to season 3, ending with my favorite episode: Exodus Pt 2. It features some of the most badass and awesome moments of the whole series, and proves that you do NOT want to fuck with Adama when he is mad and had time to plan. Those that have watched the series know the moment I am referring to.

s4 gets so much hate but it's got my favourite arc in it of the whole show
mutiny!
. Rarely has a TV show made my heart beat that fast, so gripping. I loved the whole thing though, s4 bitchers ruin every BSG thread.

mutiny!
. Rarely has a TV show made my heart beat that fast, so gripping. I loved the whole thing though, s4 bitchers ruin every BSG thread.

Yup, Blood on the Scales was incredible, best arc. It may have been because I watched the show on Netflix but I wasn't bothered by the final season, well it was frustrating at times but did not ruin the show for me. I seem to be the only one in my friend group that enjoys the show though even when we play the board game.

jakncoke

Banned
As off the beaten path and totally milked as the show is getting im glad enough of the cast is still around to make me laugh every once in awhile. As much as I dont like Steve Carrell style of comedy, its oddly strange(im about to start episode 10 in season 8) to not have him here.

mutiny!

I didn't mind season four either. It might have been because I was able to power watch the entire series in a couple of weeks on Netflix and that was my first viewing of it. Or it might have been that I'm not that critical with regards to TV shows since I don't watch many of them.

Started rewatching Breaking Bad last week. I never rewatch shows, mainly because of the time investment it takes

But Breaking Bad is like those books and movies that you can reread and rewatch yet don't get old. Those show is just still so damn good the second time around.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have been watching Mixology. It isn't a great show or a bad one. I don't know, it is weird that I keep watching despite not being something I would recommend.

BFIB

As off the beaten path and totally milked as the show is getting im glad enough of the cast is still around to make me laugh every once in awhile. As much as I dont like Steve Carrell style of comedy, its oddly strange(im about to start episode 10 in season 8) to not have him here.

Many man tears were shed from my eyes on Michael Scott's departure.

jakncoke

Banned
I have been watching Mixology. It isn't a great show or a bad one. I don't know, it is weird that I keep watching despite not being something I would recommend.

Just googled this show, I was hoping this was some sort of reality show on becoming a master mixologist or something . Disappoint.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Don't know how it is in other European countries, but there's not a lot for horror fans in Belgium:

Hv7EuY3.png

that's it :(

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Walking Dead Season 4 should be showing up sometime soon, right?

Next Sunday or Monday. Forgot which one. I think Sunday.

Don't know how it is in other European countries, but there's not a lot for horror fans in Belgium:

that's it :(

Get a VPN and enjoy:

So I compiled a horror movie list for the GAF horror movie marathon. The list is of all the different horror movies available in the different regions. I figured I might as well post it here too. Anything that repeated wasn't listed twice. That is why the lists gets shorter as it goes on.

US:

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2
Absentia
Black Sunday
Candyman
Carrie (1987)
Children of the Corn
Creepshow 2
Dead Silence
Devil
Event Horizon
Fido
Friday the 13th: Part 7: The New Blood
Fright Night
From Dusk Till Dawn
Grave Encounters 1/2
Halloween Resurrection
Haunter
Hellraiser 1/2/3/Bloodline/Revelations/Inferno/Hellworld/Hellseeker/Deader
House 1/2
Insidious Chapter 2
Ju-on: The Grudge/2
Leprechaun
Let the Right One In
Maniac
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Odd Thomas
Paranormal Activity 4
Pontypool
[Rec] 3
Re-Animator
Rosemary's Baby
Scream 1/2/3
Texas Chainsaw (2013)
The ABCs of Death
The Bay
The Blair Witch Project
The Cabin in the Woods
The Caller
The Collection
The Craft
The Crow Wicked Prayer
The Final
The Frighteners
The House of the Devil
The Pact
The Shrine
Tucker & Dale VS Evil
Urban Legends
VHS 2
Vampire in Brooklyn
Wishmaster
You're Next

Canada:

30 Days of Night
Child's Play/Seed of Chucky
Darkness Falls
Doghouse
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
Evil Dead 2
Fright Night 2
Halloween (2007)/H20/The Curse of Michael Myers
Hostel 1/3
Insidious
Let Me In
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones
Pet Sematary
Pumpkinhead
Saw 1/2/3/4/5/3D
Teeth
The Eye
The Descent 1/2
The Devil Rejects
The Grudge
The Last Exorcism
The Mist
The Strangers

Mexico:

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Boogeyman
Case 39
Candyman 3
Child's Play 2/3
Cube 1/2
Friday the 13th (2009)
Idle Hands
Paranormal Activity 2
Poltergeist
Psycho
[Rec]
Stigmata
The Amityville Horror (both 1979 and 2005)/2
The Collector
The Crazies
The Gate
The Messengers
The Omen (1976)
The Ring
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
Wishmaster 2

Sweden:

Cabin Fever
Dawn of the Dead
Drag Me to Hell
Halloween II (2009)/Season of the Witch
Jeepers Creepers 2
Saw VI
Scream 4
Shutter
Slither
The Conjuring
The Orphanage
The Shining
Wrong Turn

UK:

An American Werewolf in London
Carrie (2013)
Friday the 13th: Part 4/5/6/7/8
Fright Night (2011)
Panadorum
Sinister
Thirteen Ghosts
The Ring Two
Unborn

Pluto

All seven Saw movies are on Netflix Germany, I've only seen the first one, are the others worth watching? Which one is the best?

Top Bottom