• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
All seven Saw movies are on Netflix Germany, I've only seen the first one, are the others worth watching? Which one is the best?

I liked the second and third one. I forgot which was the last one I saw. Started becoming stupid at some point.

All seven Saw movies are on Netflix Germany, I've only seen the first one, are the others worth watching? Which one is the best?

Just watch them in order if you want to watch any more after the first. They're all connected from one to another in various ways.

Pluto

I liked the second and third one. I forgot which was the last one I saw. Started becoming stupid at some point.

Just watch them in order if you want to watch any more after the first. They're all connected from one to another in various ways.
Thanks, I guess I'll start watching in order then, for some reason I assumed the later movies were standalone stories.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Get a VPN and enjoy:

My knowledge of this is limited, but isn't this useless if I use anything other than the pc app, say PS4? And is there any chance I'll get in trouble for using that?

(holy crap so much good stuff on US Netflix!)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
My knowledge of this is limited, but isn't this useless if I use anything other than the pc app, say PS4? And is there any chance I'll get in trouble for using that?

(holy crap so much good stuff on US Netflix!)

Nope. They have tutorials for any VPN you use (check the OP for VPN options. I recommend Unblock). Really, you change the DNS settings on your device (console, tablet, PC, roku) and go to the site and click which region you want.

Watched about 3 more episodes of Blacklist, actually starting to enjoy it a bit. I'll see how it continues to evolve

Spader is enjoyable, and the main actress is pretty attractive. There's also a bit of mystery and secrects in the show, I'd like to find out about.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I finally finished watching Breaking Bad yesterday. I know everyone loves that show but I thought it draaaaaaagged all the way from S2 - S5.5. Glad it's out of the way now.

Now I need to catch up on Walking Dead, which is another show that I just can't bring myself to finish. I'm halfway through S3, and I'm planning to watch my way to the end of that season to see if it gets any better.

In other news, this is not on Netflix yet but I've been watching The Strain and it's an amazing show. Definitely looking forward to that becoming available.

I finally finished watching Breaking Bad yesterday. I know everyone loves that show but I thought it draaaaaaagged all the way from S2 - S5.5. Glad it's out of the way now.

Now I need to catch up on Walking Dead, which is another show that I just can't bring myself to finish. I'm halfway through S3, and I'm planning to watch my way to the end of that season to see if it gets any better.

In other news, this is not on Netflix yet but I've been watching The Strain and it's an amazing show. Definitely looking forward to that becoming available.

I've gotta say that you are possibly alone in this.

Draconian

Well, that's certainly an opinion. Breaking Bad is one of the few shows that I think never drags. The writers could've made it last a whole lot longer if they'd wanted to.

Funny how the general consensus in the show's thread is that it sucks. I'm really enjoying too, books were a fun read as well

... Breaking Bad dragged for you and find The Strain amazing?

Not sure if srs lol

Anywho started rewatching BB since my sister's never seen it. It's so damned good.
Also see that Deadman Wonderland has been added. Never seen this one but heard it was pretty cool

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Watched about 3 more episodes of Blacklist, actually starting to enjoy it a bit. I'll see how it continues to evolve

Spader is enjoyable, and the main actress is pretty attractive. There's also a bit of mystery and secrects in the show, I'd like to find out about.
I'm up to episode 9, and shit just got real (it's the first of a two-parter). Probably the best episode yet. I don't exactly love it, but it's good.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I binge watched Blacklist over a week and loved it, now I'm caught up for season 2.

what kind of show is blacklist? for some reason i could never get interested to watch it...the main characters looks like an dumpy old private investigator dude. he was much cooler in the 80s lol

Started New Girl S3. Only a few episodes in, but liking it. Schmidt is the man.

The first half of S3 is a huge step down from the high of season 2. Thankfully, they course correct and the latter half is much better. I especially like the high school dance episode and the Prince one.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I've gotta say that you are possibly alone in this.

Well, that's certainly an opinion. Breaking Bad is one of the few shows that I think never drags. The writers could've made it last a whole lot longer if they'd wanted to.

Funny how the general consensus in the show's thread is that it sucks. I'm really enjoying too, books were a fun read as well

... Breaking Bad dragged for you and find The Strain amazing?

Not sure if srs lol

Is the consensus on The Strain really that it sucks? I'm really enjoying it lol, the acting is good and the special effects are quite impressive for a TV show. The story can be hokey at times but it's keeping me interested since I don't know what to expect.

Breaking Bad on the other hand... I dunno man, everyone tells me I'm crazy for not loving it but I only found season 1 and the second half of season 5 to be compelling. In season 1 you really have no clue what Walt is going to do and how he's going to react to the various situations he finds himself. From then on you kind of realize that he's on an ever-escalating warpath and nothing really threw me for a loop until the second half of season 5, when Walt is truly out of his depth and you actually have no clue what he's going to do.

I wouldn't say it's a bad show, but I didn't think it's one of the greatest shows ever... I do realize I'm in the minority though.

jakncoke

Banned
Finished the show, you guys were right. The drop off was great in the later seasons and the 9th season was kinda a drag. But the show was pretty enjoyable from character standpoint top to bottom and I cant say any of the characters really rubbed me the wrong way except maybe Toby for whatever reason. Even Steve Carrell style of acting/comedy was kinda missed by me. I think I most enjoyed Dwight and Jims interactions and pranks. Also Pams little smile was warming. The finale was pretty good send off for the show.

Finished the show, you guys were right. The drop off was great in the later seasons and the 9th season was kinda a drag. But the show was pretty enjoyable from character standpoint top to bottom and I cant say any of the characters really rubbed me the wrong way except maybe Toby for whatever reason. Even Steve Carrell style of acting/comedy was kinda missed by me. I think I most enjoyed Dwight and Jims interactions and pranks. Also Pams little smile was warming. The finale was pretty good send off for the show.
You hate Toby, because Gata is Toby.
One thing I hated about the last season was
The change in dynamic between Pam and Jim, they were pretty much a perfect couple throughout all the Seasons. The marital problems stuff just made me kinda cringe, but that's just me.

jakncoke

Banned
You hate Toby, because Gata is Toby.
One thing I hated about the last season was
The change in dynamic between Pam and Jim, they were pretty much a perfect couple throughout all the Seasons. The marital problems stuff just made me kinda cringe, but that's just me.

Yeah
I was nearly expecting them to try a late push for pam to leave jim for that doc crew guy

Is the consensus on The Strain really that it sucks? I'm really enjoying it lol, the acting is good and the special effects are quite impressive for a TV show. The story can be hokey at times but it's keeping me interested since I don't know what to expect.
Some thoughts on the last few shows
This show is a trainwreck... after a magnificent pilot and pretty good second episode it went downhill fast. I think I'll stick with the books...
I can't stress enough how much better the books are compared to this dreck : The books aren't ASOIAF material, either, but they're far better than their TV counterpart.
That was one of the most boring, dull and poorly written episode of a tv show that I have ever seen. Jesus christ, it was absymal.
The books are fucking shit, the show isn't much better. But I've got nothing else to watch in the mean time.

At least it's better than Under the Dome.

Suggestions on Documentaries dealing with disasters? Natural, man made, etc?
Things like chenyobal, Yellowstone national park valcano, 3 mile island, terrorism.
Can be be past, present or things that can happen in the future.

I haven't watched it, but today I noticed Netflix US has something from Discovery called Explosions Gone Wrong...sounds like it might be up your alley.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Started watching The Blacklist. Only two episodes in, but I can see why Spader is getting a lot of praise. I think his character (and his portrayal) is great. Hopefully the character stays interesting throughout the season.

Season 3 has been the weakest so far. But I still enjoyed it. Schmidt is always good though.

The first half of S3 is a huge step down from the high of season 2. Thankfully, they course correct and the latter half is much better. I especially like the high school dance episode and the Prince one.

What made the season bad?

This show is funny as hell.

One of my favorite new comedies in recent years.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Suggestions on Documentaries dealing with disasters? Natural, man made, etc?
Things like chenyobal, Yellowstone national park valcano, 3 mile island, terrorism.
Can be be past, present or things that can happen in the future.

Most are from Discovery channel, but I enjoyed them.

Cruise Ship Disaster: Inside the Concordia
Pompeii: Back from the Dead
Hiroshima: BBC History of World War II
Megaquake: Hour That Shook Japan
Surviving Katrina
Shuttle Discovery's Last Mission

Breaking Bad on the other hand... I dunno man, everyone tells me I'm crazy for not loving it but I only found season 1 and the second half of season 5 to be compelling. In season 1 you really have no clue what Walt is going to do and how he's going to react to the various situations he finds himself. From then on you kind of realize that he's on an ever-escalating warpath and nothing really threw me for a loop until the second half of season 5, when Walt is truly out of his depth and you actually have no clue what he's going to do.

I wouldn't say it's a bad show, but I didn't think it's one of the greatest shows ever... I do realize I'm in the minority though.

That is the consensus, yes. I think it's more polarizing than TWD even. I think the writing is sub average, the dialogue is poor, and the effects work is uneven. Worse, if BB drags then The Strain is perpetually stuck in stasis as its characters aren't compelling enough to lend any of the plotting any gravitas. I'm only watching it cause I'm a sucker for horror and I enjoy the bad asses Fet and Setrakian. Oh yeah, and vamp hit squad is too hilarious of a concept to miss out on.

Moving along, I finally got around to messing with VPN last night to access different regions for Netflix and holy moly, why have I not looked into this sooner? Netflix Canada has got a ton of recent flix on there that I haven't seen or wouldn't mind revisiting! Felt in the mood for some horror last night so I checked out Paranormal Marked Ones and found myself greatly enjoying it. PA is already a guilty pleasure of mine but I really dug the cast of Marked Ones, the exposition on the lore was pretty cool and I love any horror movie that explores abandoned houses or secret passageways. Actually finding myself pumped for PA5 as a result, especially with that hilarious R* shoutout

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Marked Ones was better than I expected. Especially coming off the weaker third and fourth ones. Maybe not so much the third one.

What made the season bad?.
I still liked it, but it just felt like a big step back from how good season 2 was. The last part of season 2, especially from Cooler on, was fantastic. The first half of season 3 just felt stuck in a rut. i think working Coach back in also was harder than the writers thought, but by halfway through the show got its groove back and it ended strongly.

Season 2 is still best though.

The Marked Ones was better than I expected. Especially coming off the weaker third and fourth ones. Maybe not so much the third one.

They've all got entertaining aspects to them, but yeah, the 4th one was pretty rough. I'm not huge on the 2nd either since a lot of the tricks were just replicated again so it was too by the numbers. The third one was pretty damn creepy by the end of it all. As it stands, the 1st and MO are my favorites. I'm glad that MO eschews most of the tricks and tropes that were established in the franchise and branched out to more than a singular location. Felt like they were emulating stuff like REC and Afflicted which I dug.

Is Tokyo Night worth watching? I remember it used to be on Netflix but since it was a spin off I never gave it a chance. I'm much more open to spin offs after seeing MO

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Alfie (Romantic, Comedy)
A Fine Step (Family, Drama)
A Room with a View (Drama, Romantic)
E-Team (Trailer, Netflix Original)
Eternal Revenge (Thriller)
Hoop Dreams (Documentary, Sports, Cultural)
Make Me Superhuman (TV, Documentary, Science)
My Name is Joe (Drama)
The Chair (Thriller, Supernatural)
The Girl on the Train (Indie, Thriller, Psychological)
The Wedding Video (Romantic, Comedy)

Top Bottom