• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Only more recent seasons of SVU have been available for a while now, so I don't really consider it a huge loss. They're not quite as awful as the show is now, but also not nearly as good as the early '00s seasons.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Comic Book Men Sesaon 3 (TV, Reality)
Dragonwolf (Action)
Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa/Unrated Version (Comedy)
On My Way (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Print the Legend (Netflix Original, Documentary, Science)
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (Action, SciFi)
The Walking Dead Season 4 (TV, Action, Zombies)

jakncoke

Banned
I started and got to within 4 episodes of the ending of what they have up and im really glad the uk the office isnt any long term investment that I would of felt the need to force my way through just for the sake of completing the show. None the characters or style connects to me or makes me laugh or enjoy their presence in any way. I assume over the last 4 episodes that wont change either.

I started and got to within 4 episodes of the ending of what they have up and im really glad the uk the office isnt any long term investment that I would of felt the need to force my way through just for the sake of completing the show. None the characters or style connects to me or makes me laugh or enjoy their presence in any way. I assume over the last 4 episodes that wont change either.
I really like the UK office. I just love British humor/humour though (not their stand up though form some reason)

Vyrance

Saw people mentioning New Girl a lot, so finally broke down and watched it. Really loving it so far, I'm like halfway through Season 2 already

Saw people mentioning New Girl a lot, so finally broke down and watched it. Really loving it so far, I'm like halfway through Season 2 already

Last half of season 2 is the best the show ever was. "Cooler" onward in particular. My favorite episode has to be "Virgins" though.

Anyone having a problem adding stuff to US Netflix queue from the website? I've been trying to add Bad Grandpa all day but it wont bring up the pop up box to let me add anything to my queue.

Vyer

Blue Ruin was pretty great. Appropriately tense, the main character was believable. Movie couldn't really maintain the more grounded feel of the first half by the end but it was still completely enjoyable. A pretty grim movie but that's obvious going in.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
God dammit! I was 9-10 episodes in on Samurai Champloo and now it's gone. Ugggggggh.

Thanks for the recommendation. Fabulous series.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I really like the UK office. I just love British humor/humour though (not their stand up though form some reason)

That's racist dawg. What do you count as UK standup? There are probably three or four tiers, the top tier (Michael MacKintyre, Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr and the rest of the panel show syndicate) is a bit shit, but the middle tier of thinky comics is generally very good (Stuart Lee in particular).

Anyway, I saw that Broadchurch is up on the nordic Netflixes, watched the first episode. English murder drama set in a small seaside town. Horrifyingly upsetting, I hope the rest of it isn't this heavy, that was exhausting. Amazing cast though.

Anyway, I saw that Broadchurch is up on the nordic Netflixes, watched the first episode. English murder drama set in a small seaside town. Horrifyingly upsetting, I hope the rest of it isn't this heavy, that was exhausting. Amazing cast though.

Ha, I just watched the 1st episode of Broadchurch last night and thought the same thing. Should I continue? After 4 seasons of The Killing, I'm not sure I'm ready to dive into another dead-kid-sad-family crime show. Looks good though.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ha, I just watched the 1st episode of Broadchurch last night and thought the same thing. Should I continue? After 4 seasons of The Killing, I'm not sure I'm ready to dive into another dead-kid-sad-family crime show. Looks good though.

I'm sticking with it for the cast, Tennant and Coleman seem to have a good dynamic plus the supporting cast is filled with "oooo it's that guy" (if you're English that is). Plus I'm not watching anything else super depressing right now.

It looks like it'll be more about the media swooping on the town and all the various skellingtons in wardrobes so at least there should be an interesting angle. I hope.

That's racist dawg. What do you count as UK standup? There are probably three or four tiers, the top tier (Michael MacKintyre, Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr and the rest of the panel show syndicate) is a bit shit, but the middle tier of thinky comics is generally very good (Stuart Lee in particular).

The stuff that's on netflix. There was some scottish dude I tried to watch that was really unfunny. IDK I just think the UK stuff is sometimes too mean or weird, I like that style in other things but as a stand up show it just makes me not like them. Hard to explain. I love gervais's old podcast but his stand up is just awful and the ranting of an angry man.

I love them on QI and shows like that but I just don't think it translate well to stand up IMO.

I do like eddie izzard if he counts. I think its the fact he puts so much nerdy stuff about history and languages in his stuff that I love.

Annabelle looks solid. I'm not sure what mine will be. I need to start prepping. I am definitely doing some Hellraiser though. I gotta have some Pinhead on Halloween.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I will wing it like I did last year.

I'm still aiming for 31, but I don't think I will have the time.

BFIB

I will wing it like I did last year.

I'm still aiming for 31, but I don't think I will have the time.

I envy those that do. I think I might go through the Halloween series this year, and catch up on some Netflix horror genre, but I won't get near all the days in.

Plus, the ghost hunting shows are back, and I'm such a sucker for those.

strafer

Yeah, I'm supremely pissed about loosing law and order. Its the perfect show to fill an hour with out commitment,

I'm hoping its something like Amazon got a exclusive deal or something.

The show isn't the same without him tho.

Elliot_Stabler_in_Law_%26_Order-_Special_Victims_Unit.JPG

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Five Dances (Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
Lullaby (Indie, Drama)
The Conspirator (Drama)
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (Anime)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What are good miniseries to check out? Just finished Breaking Bad (again) so I don't want to dive into another multi-season show yet.

Bag of Bones
Tin Man
The Great Train Robbery
Luther (Not really a mini-series, but its really short)

Haven't seen, but heard good things:

Jekyll
Generation War
World Without End

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link. Much more at the link. Thread.

In a first deal of its kind, Netflix and the Weinstein Company said Monday that they planned to release next year’s sequel to the movie “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” simultaneously across the globe on Netflix and a select number of Imax theaters.

The film, a follow-up to Ang Lee’s Academy Award-winning martial arts drama, is the first major motion picture to make its debut on the streaming service and in movie theaters at the same time. It will be available on Aug. 28 at no additional fee to Netflix subscribers and is the first of several films that Netflix is backing that will follow this new model for release. Only Imax is involved; other theater chains will not screen the film.

This has been a long time coming.

Bag of Bones
Tin Man
The Great Train Robbery
Luther (Not really a mini-series, but its really short)

Haven't seen, but heard good things:

Jekyll
Generation War
World Without End

Jekyll is pretty cool. It isn't amazing, but it is entertaining. The final episode has one of the best opening ten minutes of anything. You will know when it happens.

jakncoke

Banned
Im glad the trailer park boys xmas special had snow, it was always funny to me unless im forgetting some that a show made and based in canada had like zero snow presence through multiple movies and 8 seasons

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Started The Walking Dead S4, I hope they have a change of scenery this season. I think I will get bored of the prison setting quickly.

I envy those that do. I think I might go through the Halloween series this year, and catch up on some Netflix horror genre, but I won't get near all the days in.

Plus, the ghost hunting shows are back, and I'm such a sucker for those.

Last year I was able to finish all 31 films before the last minute (Nov. 1st). My eyeballs were about to bleed in that final day. I will probably spend many days doing movie marathons.

Jekyll is pretty cool. It isn't amazing, but it is entertaining. The final episode has one of the best opening ten minutes of anything. You will know when it happens.

Jekyll is pretty fun yes.

I will check it out over the weekend. Will be a short watch.

Top Bottom