• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Just saw that Manhunter was added. It's like a prequel to Silence of the Lambs. Good movie and the In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida scene is amazing.

Also I see a new Brian Posehn stand up special added - The Fartist. I haven't seen it but I know his stand up is hilarious so I imagine its probably good.

Also, Dallas (2012) was added.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Now, last night I ended up watching around four hours of Glee for some reason and, while I'm not sure I would actually recommend that experience to anyone, I can say that I mostly enjoyed it even if the show is really shaky, tonally, and quite hit-or-miss past the legitimately fantastic pilot.

It only goes downhill from there.

jakncoke

Banned
I think its funny Trailer Park Boys seasons expired today, then they brought it back till April 1st. Whats the point?

Enter the Void is one of my favorite movies and I don't have a physical copy with me at present, so I'm superglad they've put it back up. If nothing else I would recommend it to absolutely everyone since there is nothing like it and you can never tell who'll take to it or not. :p

It's a movie that you can't forget, that's for sure. I couldn't stand the mumbling characters, but some of the technical aspects are truly mindblowing. It helps if you're high.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
They added way more today:

Boys over Flowers (TV Season 1, Drama, Foreign/Korean)
Casper's Scare School (TV Season 1, Children, Cartoon)
City Hunter (TV, Action, Foreign/Korean)

Creating Destiny (TV, Dramedy, Foreign/Korean)
Crooked Arrows (Drama, Sports)
Dallas (2012) (TV, Drama)

Friends with Kids (Romantic, Comedy)
The Great Queen Seondeok (TV, Drama, Foreign/Korean)
Guess with Jess (TV, Children, Cartoon)

Heartbreaker (Romantic, Foreign/French)
Jay and Silent Bob Go Down Under (Stand-up)
Lassie (Family)

Lie to Me (TV, Dramedy, Foreign/Korean)
My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho (TV, Comedy, Foreign/Korean)
My Princess (TV, Drama, Foreign/Korean)

Pasta (TV, Comedy, Foreign/Korean)
Playful Kiss (TV, Dramedy, Foreign/Korean)
Protect the Boss (TV, Dramedy, Foreign/Korean)

Scent of a Woman (TV, Drama, Foreign/Korean)
Secret Garden (TV, Dramedy, Foreign/Korean)
Shining Inheritance (TV, Drama, Foreign/Korean)

Stars Falling from the Sky (TV, Drama, Foreign/Korean)
Trailer Park Boys (TV, Season 1-7, Comedy)
XIII: The Series (TV, Drama)
You Are Beautiful (TV, Dramedy, Foreign/Korean)

Expiring April 1st:

Basic Instinct
Before I Self Destruct
Blue Water High
Broken Arrow
A Bronx Tale
Cinderella

Death Wish 1/2
Devil's Playground
El Dorado
The Fall
Father of Lies

The Ghost
Gary Lady Down
Horsemen
How to Steal a Million
America's Funniest Comics

Juice
Mixtape, Inc
My Bloody Valentine
Oldboy
Playa's Ball

Preaching to the Choir
Premium
Queens of Comedy
Rain
Raising Star

Rumble Fish
Searching for Bobby Fischer
The Secret to My Success
Shadowboxer
Shutter

Steve Harvey: Still Trippin'
Tactical Force
A Tale Of Two Sisters
Trailer Park Boys S1-7
The Warriors

Coming April 1st:

48 Hrs
Along Came a Spider

Are We There Yet? 4/23
Clear and Present Danger
Dead Again

Drop Dead Fred 4/19
Lionheart
Man on the Moon
Overboard
Quigley Down Under

Rollerball ('02)
Roman Holiday
Shaft
Streets of Fire
Survival of the Dead

The Cottage 4/9
The Devil's Own
The Last Temptation of Christ
Valmont

I'm going to start bolding stuff that I think Gaf cares about. Try, and make the list more readable.

Oops. Accidentally posted this in the old thread. I'm sure its been asked but are there any good WW I documentaries on Netflix?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Oops. Accidentally posted this in the old thread. I'm sure its been asked but are there any good WW I documentaries on Netflix?

Sorry, man, WWI is the forgotten war(such a shame). Anything war related on Netflix, is usually on WWII, or Iraq.

Sorry, man, WWI is the forgotten war(such a shame). Anything war related on Netflix, is usually on WWII, or Iraq.
damn. I'm really in a mood for one. I remember seeing a really great Vietnam documentary from the 60s a long time ago though. Can't remember the name though

adg1034

Expiring April 1st:
How to Steal a Million

You guys. You guys. This movie. It's a fluffy 1960s heist flick with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole, with music by John Williams. It's funny, it's romantic, the heist is stupidly simple yet brilliant, and it's just one of those movies that makes you... happy. They don't make 'em like this anymore.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You guys. You guys. This movie. It's a fluffy 1960s heist flick with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole, with music by John Williams. It's funny, it's romantic, the heist is stupidly simple yet brilliant, and it's just one of those movies that makes you... happy. They don't make 'em like this anymore.

Yep, it's a really enjoyable film.

bonesquad

Trailer Park Boys S1-7

Oh thank god. That was unavailable, what? Almost 24 hours? So strange how sometimes shows/movies expire and reappear right away.

Did Netflix get rid of the queue for instant? There's still a favorite list you can add shows to, but it's no longer a queue that you can order anyway you want. That was kind of pointless, but I did like putting the next shows I wanted to watch at the top. There's also no quick way to see if any of your shows are about to expire. And oh, it now only shows your most recently watched, not your last three.

Maybe I'm just in a complaining mood today:)

cryptic

I always wanted to watch old boy, heard it was great. So I started it up, hear the dub, and shut it off immediately without a second thought.
I'm still angry.

Gobias

Banned
I always wanted to watch old boy, heard it was great. So I started it up, hear the dub, and shut it off immediately without a second thought.
I'm still angry.

Yeah, pissed me off too when I first tried to watch it. I signed up for an Amazon Prime free month trial just to watch the subtitled version.

I don't know how anyone could enjoy a dub of a live action film.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Yeah, pissed me off too when I first tried to watch it. I signed up for an Amazon Prime free month trial just to watch the subtitled version.

I don't know how anyone could enjoy a dub of a live action film.

Well did not know Amazon had the subtitle version. Had to sign up for prime 2 months ago but damn am so watching Oldboy now. I flat out refuse to watch the dubbed version on Netflix.

jakncoke

Banned
Oh thank god. That was unavailable, what? Almost 24 hours? So strange how sometimes shows/movies expire and reappear right away.

Did Netflix get rid of the queue for instant? There's still a favorite list you can add shows to, but it's no longer a queue that you can order anyway you want. That was kind of pointless, but I did like putting the next shows I wanted to watch at the top. There's also no quick way to see if any of your shows are about to expire. And oh, it now only shows your most recently watched, not your last three.

Maybe I'm just in a complaining mood today:)

Wonder what they'll do in April

Le-mo

I'm still angry.
Yah, the dub was horrible but I did manage to finish the movie. I'm pretty sure I would have enjoyed the movie much more than I did had it been subbed.

Gobias

Banned
Black Snake Moan certainly was interesting. I don't really know what to think about it, but I'm pretty sure I liked it.

TCRS

Banned
Well did not know Amazon had the subtitle version. Had to sign up for prime 2 months ago but damn am so watching Oldboy now. I flat out refuse to watch the dubbed version on Netflix.

After that watch Sympathy for Mr. Vengenace and then Lady Vengeance. Lady Vengeance has to be last otherwise you will miss the references to the other two movies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

2001 Maniacs (Horror)
8 Heads in a Duffel Bag (Action, Dark Humor)
976-Evil 2 (Horror, Cult)
American Me (Drama, Mobster)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (Animation, Family)

The Awful Dr. Orlof (Horror, Foreign)
Backtrack (Crime, Thriller)
Big Fish (Fantasy, Drama)
Blood Night: The Legend of Mary Hatchet (Horror, Slasher)
Blue Collar (Crime, Drama)

The Brink's Job (Action, Crime)
Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever (Horror)
Copying Beethoven (Drama)
Down and Out in Beverly Hills (Comedy)
Fat Man Little Boy (Stand-up)

From the Hip (Comedy)
The Great White Odyssey (TV, Nature, Documentary)
Hiding Out (Action, Crime, Comedy)
Homer & Eddie (Drama)
Ice Castles (Romantic, Drama)

The Last Mogul (Biographical, Documentary)
The Legend of Bloody Mary (Horror, Supernatural)
Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man (Documentary)
Lewis Black: In God We Rust (Stand-up)
Lewis Black: Stark Raving Black (Stand-up)

Locked Up Abroad: Season 4 (TV, Reality)
The Man from Snowy River (Western, Action)
The Man with One Red Shoe (Action, Comedy)
Man, Woman, Wild: Season 2 (TV, Reality)
Man Hunter (Crime, Thriller)

Marriage Italian Style (Romantic, Drama, Foreign/Italian)
National Lampoon Presents Cattle Call/Dorm Daze 2 (Comedy)
Nicholas Nickleby (Drama)
No Such Thing (Romantic, Drama)
An Officer and a Gentleman (Drama, War)

Our Hospitality (Classic, Comedy, Silent)
Popeye (Comedy, Family, Live Action)
Pretty in Pink (Romantic, Drama)
Russia's Toughest Prisons (TV, Documentary)
Sherlock Jr. (Classic, Comedy, Silent)

Star Kid (Family)
The Substitute (Action, Thriller)
There's No Business Like Show Business (Classic, Musical)
Thou Shalt Laugh (Stand-up)
Thou Shalt Laugh 2: The Deuce (Stand-up)

A Thousand Cuts (Horror, Slasher)
Toys (Comedy, Fantasy)
White Zombie (Classic, Horror, Zombie)
Yanks (War, Drama)
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow (Comedy, Romantic, Foreign)
Yours, Mine and Ours (Comedy, Family)

Kaladin

I'm also kind of interested in seeing White Zombie. The classic horror film that Rob Zombie named his band after.

Wag

I just watched Primer. Good time travel movie (as far as time travel movies go) but I will admit to having a bit of a hard time following it.

jakncoke

Banned
random about netflix dvd. im starting to believe netflix 0 copies of akira. its been on the top of my list for 2 months now still very long wait

It is one of those movies that you will either love, or hate. Apparently, it is very gory as well. It is a horror flick, might be worth checking out.

how is it in comparison to the first, didnt care for the first

I just watched Primer. Good time travel movie (as far as time travel movies go) but I will admit to having a bit of a hard time following it.

who didnt?

random about netflix dvd. im starting to believe netflix 0 copies of akira. its been on the top of my list for 2 months now still very long wait

Netflix dvd selection has gone to shit. They used to have everything with amazing service, but now so many common films they have no more. Wouldn't be surprised that people have signed up for service and kept some of the more rare stuff for cheap, because why else has their catalog of movies gone to hell? Plus over time I'm sure they lose discs to breakage and shipping issues.

RBH

Netflix has announced today that it will offer The Hunger Games on its subscription-based streaming service from March 3 in the UK and Ireland, followed by a later release in the US.

The film, which was an international hit last year, features Jennifer Lawrence and is based on the best-selling novel by Suzanne Collins.

Initially, Netflix will be the only subscription-based streaming service to offer The Hunger Games – although it’s possible that some of its direct competitors will pick it up in the future. It’s also worth noting, however, that the film is already available on Blinkbox, the Tesco-owned video on demand (VOD) service which uses a pay-per-film pricing model.

“We are thrilled to be the exclusive online home for The Hunger Games in the UK and Ireland,” said Ted Sarandos, Netflix Chief Content Officer. “Since launching in the UK and Ireland in January 2012, we have continued to expand our offering of great movies and TV programmes, and we think our members are going to love the latest addition to the service.”

The battle between Netflix and Amazon, which owns rental and streaming service LoveFilm in the UK, has ramped up in the last few months as each tries to claim exclusive content over the other.

Earlier this month Netflix announced that it had teamed up with DreamWorks Animation to offer exclusive access to Turbo F.A.S.T (Fast Action Stunt Team), an original TV show aimed specifically at children.
http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/...&awesm=tnw.to_a0Vqh&utm_campaign=social media

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Awesome news. Been wanting to see the movie for awhile now. Also glad that they keep getting more partners for original content.

Wag

The Hunger Games is already available on Netflix Canada.

I just watched Revenge of the Electric Car, pretty good.

Top Bottom