• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just saw Grizzly Man for the first time.

That footage Treadwell filmed is some intense shit.

I just got around to watching this film, and holy crap, you weren't kidding. Saying he had balls of steel would be an understatement.

I never (really) heard of him before this documentary. It wasn't until mid-way through, when talking about his death, that I realized he was the guy who was recorded(audio) being eaten alive, and people wanting/trying to hear the audio.

You could see the emotion, and love Tim had for the bears. And seeing how close he got to them, just blew my mind. Thanks for your post, because that was amazing stuff.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Watched Nobody Walks. It was ok I guess. Still can't see John Krasinski as anything other than the goody Jim Halpert on the Office. In the end, I wasn't sure what the point of the movie was and I didn't like any of the characters although I do like Thrilby as an actress. Anyone else who watched this want to enlighten me? :)

WoodWERD

I just got around to watching this film, and holy crap, you weren't kidding. Saying he had balls of steel would be an understatement.

I never (really) heard of him before this documentary. It wasn't until mid-way through, when talking about his death, that I realized he was the guy who was recorded(audio) being eaten alive, and people wanting/trying to hear the audio.

You could see the emotion, and love Tim had for the bears. And seeing how close he got to them, just blew my mind. Thanks for your post, because that was amazing stuff.

I saw most of it, and yeah the footage is pretty amazing. But the guy seems pretty off his rocker in a few of the 'candid moments'. Loved the parts with the fox though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I saw most of it, and yeah the footage is pretty amazing. But the guy seems pretty off his rocker in a few of the 'candid moments'. Loved the parts with the fox though.

Yeah, he was crazy. You saw it a few times during the film, most notably, towards the end when he goes on his cursing rampage. The parts with the fox were pretty cool. His love for animals reminds me of my grandma. I do wonder if the woman ended up destroying the tape.

So I just watched Gigli...it really is as fucking terrible as people say it is.

So I just watched Gigli...it really is as fucking terrible as people say it is.

Why on Earth wouldn't it be? :)

I still remember how in one of my comp. sci. classes my professor (who is of Indian descent) proclaimed something to "be as terrible as that Jiggly movie...or whatever it is called."

Akahige

Quest for Fire good?

edit*shit it doesn't have it in the original format of 2.35 : 1, must be a cropped version that they did for cable. Netflix fucks up by doing this too often.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Why on Earth wouldn't it be? :)

I still remember how in one of my comp. sci. classes my professor (who is of Indian descent) proclaimed something to "be as terrible as that Jiggly movie...or whatever it is called."

I thought people were exaggerating on how terrible is was(worst movie ever, that type of stuff). But it is quite possibly one of the worst movies ever.

Zilch

Banned
I always wanted to watch old boy, heard it was great. So I started it up, hear the dub, and shut it off immediately without a second thought.
I'm still angry.

came in here to post this... except I decided to watch the whole thing. =\

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Heads up fans of testicular trauma - America's Funniest Home Video: Kid Favorites was added to streaming!

Added Today:

Deadfall (Thriller)
Gun Hill Road (Indie, Drama)

Eric Bana, and Olivia Wilde star in Deadfall. Might check it out tomorrow.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Is Dr. Who really that awesome of a show? I see it recommended all the time. I finally watched part of the first episode and it looked cheesy/low-budget as hell. Or is that part of the charm?

Kaladin

Is Dr. Who really that awesome of a show? I see it recommended all the time. I finally watched part of the first episode and it looked cheesy/low-budget as hell. Or is that part of the charm?

It can be part of the charm. Some episodes the budget really ramps up though. I kind of like how every episode/story-line can be completely different from the last. David Tenant's run as the Doctor (starting season 2) is awesome.

They recently added Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning. The previous DTV entry in the series has it's fans for being a straight up action flick that is done fairly well despite extremely low budget look. This one though might disappoint some as it's more of a thriller until the end. Though it was actually entertaining and felt even lower budget still. Not as action heavy as the previous film and the continuity of it all will probably have you scratching your head, likely making this just a stand alone entry using some of the same characters. This one is very gory as well.

You just have to watch it and see if you can enjoy it, it is not for everyone. Got some friends who just can't get into it as they hate how campy and cheesy it is. The shows quality and budget does improve but it always has that same tone no matter what.

They added more fake movies that link to Arrested Development. Some of them I had completely forgotten about like Jane Junk and Love, Indubitably.

Did they remove Beasts of the Southern Wild? My family wants to watch it for my brother's school project. It couldn't have been up for only a few months.

SummitAve

Banned
Has anyone seen Copying Beethoven? I'm in it for the score as much as the actual movie.

Edit: I'm under the influence so rate accordingly....

Edit2: Damnit, I started watching it and quickly realized that I've already seen this movie lol.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

30 for 30: You Don't Know Bo (Documentary, Sports)
Archer Season 3 (TV, Animation, Comedy)
Amazing Racer (Drama, Family)
Junk (Drama)
Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters Season 1-2 (Cartoons)

what are the sexiest and raunchiest movies available. I have time for that :p. I love watching B movies. I was given suggestions before they were great.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
what are the sexiest and raunchiest movies available. I have time for that :p. I love watching B movies. I was given suggestions before they were great.

You could probably have both; Sexy, and B type movie lol.

Road Trip: Beer Pong
Van Wilder: Freshman Year
#1 Cheerleader Camp
National Lampoon's Dorm Daze 2

Dorm Daze 2 is worth it for Vida Guerra.

Dorm Daze 2 is worth it for Vida Guerra.

*googles Vida Guerra*

iJoIq6CBANmIs.gif

Sweet sassy molassy!

Saw a movie called Gone (2007) last night. It's an Australian horror/thriller about this couple travelling Australia, and they run into another guy who wants to travel along with them. It's rather creepy because the horror elements are very subtle. A lot of the movie is just the three of them driving along visiting beaches and relaxing, but there is always a sense of looming dread. You don't know if this guy is alright and the movie does a great job building things up. I thought it was a really enjoyable thriller that takes place entirely on a road-trip along Australian coasts. Surprised it only had 5.3 on IMDB and rather negative reviews.

It reminded me of a movie by Roman Polanski called Knife in the Water. It's about a couple who picks up a young man on their small boat, and they must travel for a day with this stranger. Full of awkward tension just like this one.

DukeSucks

Didn't see it recommended on the last few pages, but I enjoyed Safety Not Guaranteed, starring Aubrey Plaza.

IMDB's synopsis:
When an unusual classified ad inspires three cynical Seattle magazine employees to look for the story behind it, they discover a mysterious eccentric named Kenneth, a likable but paranoid supermarket clerk, who believes he¹s solved the riddle of time travel and intends to depart again soon. Together, they embark on a hilarious, smart, and unexpectedly heartfelt journey that reveals how far believing can take you.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Saw a movie called Gone (2007) last night. It's an Australian horror/thriller about this couple travelling Australia, and they run into another guy who wants to travel along with them. It's rather creepy because the horror elements are very subtle. A lot of the movie is just the three of them driving along visiting beaches and relaxing, but there is always a sense of looming dread. You don't know if this guy is alright and the movie does a great job building things up. I thought it was a really enjoyable thriller that takes place entirely on a road-trip along Australian coasts. Surprised it only had 5.3 on IMDB and rather negative reviews.

It reminded me of a movie by Roman Polanski called Knife in the Water. It's about a couple who picks up a young man on their small boat, and they must travel for a day with this stranger. Full of awkward tension just like this one.

Sounds interesting. Will check it out later tonight.

bidguy

Banned
Man you guys are fucking lucky to have Netflix.
Here in Germany, the only VOD service I can use is Amazon's Lovefilm. Some people from the UK know how bad that service is.

Colin.

I see a lot of you use unblock-us. For that I just use Tunnelbear. Pretty fast, easy to use, and free! There's a 500mb limit, but once your choice of movie/show has loaded you can just turn it off.

Amagon

God, that new Universal Soldier is horrible. Shit story, shit acting, very hard to follow what is going on in the movie. Big fucking waste of time. I just don't understand how Jean & Dolph characters from the last movie came to be in this movie. It just doesn't make sense. The action was ok but that was the only positive part that I can think of about this movie.

Top Bottom