• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

DagsJT

Just watched "Safety Not Guaranteed" and I'd give it a solid 8/10. Very nice movie with some good chucking moments that kept a smile on my face throughout.

TCRS

Banned
cool cool. Today I'm going to watch True Grit though. I also have to watch The Motorcycle Diaries again, brilliant movie.

God, that new Universal Soldier is horrible. Shit story, shit acting, very hard to follow what is going on in the movie. Big fucking waste of time. I just don't understand how Jean & Dolph characters from the last movie came to be in this movie. It just doesn't make sense. The action was ok but that was the only positive part that I can think of about this movie.

I've been in the process of watching the Universal Soldier movie over the past few days, and yea, its shitty. Good for a background noise movie. It's not even a "good dumb fun" movie like XXX or Crank because it takes itself WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

God, that new Universal Soldier is horrible. Shit story, shit acting, very hard to follow what is going on in the movie. Big fucking waste of time. I just don't understand how Jean & Dolph characters from the last movie came to be in this movie. It just doesn't make sense. The action was ok but that was the only positive part that I can think of about this movie.

I think it was a really intense piece of action. Gotta love the nod to Apocalypse Now. People expected a cheesy action flick but this one delivers a lot more. At least one reviewer is on my side: http://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...a-bad-franchise-produces-a-great-film/265751/

Saw a movie called Gone (2007) last night. It's an Australian horror/thriller about this couple travelling Australia, and they run into another guy who wants to travel along with them. It's rather creepy because the horror elements are very subtle. A lot of the movie is just the three of them driving along visiting beaches and relaxing, but there is always a sense of looming dread. You don't know if this guy is alright and the movie does a great job building things up. I thought it was a really enjoyable thriller that takes place entirely on a road-trip along Australian coasts. Surprised it only had 5.3 on IMDB and rather negative reviews.

It reminded me of a movie by Roman Polanski called Knife in the Water. It's about a couple who picks up a young man on their small boat, and they must travel for a day with this stranger. Full of awkward tension just like this one.

Thanks for the recommendation. My heart started pounding near the end.

Been forcing myself to watch older movies thanks to the 50/50 challenge and glad I did with this one ... Double Indemnity. Can't recommend it enough. Gripping crime noir that still holds up today. Weird seeing Fred Macmurray is a bad guy. Another good older movie that I just watched recently - The Naked City. Even if you don't like the story, its just neat seeing New York in the 40s. I think this might have been one of the first movies filmed on location as opposed to in studio.

I also watched Once Upon a Time in the West. While there were some stylisticaly bad ass moments that a lot of action movies of today have stolen or that gets parodied, the movie itself was very slow and plodding. Not sure why this gets as much praise as it does but to each their own. Claudia Cardinale btw was absolutely stunning.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Watch psych if you haven't already. Such a great, witty, dramedy. The cast is fantastic, and the writing is great.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Didn't see it recommended on the last few pages, but I enjoyed Safety Not Guaranteed, starring Aubrey Plaza.

IMDB's synopsis:
When an unusual classified ad inspires three cynical Seattle magazine employees to look for the story behind it, they discover a mysterious eccentric named Kenneth, a likable but paranoid supermarket clerk, who believes he¹s solved the riddle of time travel and intends to depart again soon. Together, they embark on a hilarious, smart, and unexpectedly heartfelt journey that reveals how far believing can take you.

Saw this movie last night thought it was good

dose

Been forcing myself to watch older movies thanks to the 50/50 challenge and glad I did with this one ... Double Indemnity. Can't recommend it enough.
Yep, this! A friend of mine had been recommending it for ages, and after seeing it come on Netflix I gave it a go. Great film.

Saw a movie called Gone (2007) last night. It's an Australian horror/thriller about this couple travelling Australia, and they run into another guy who wants to travel along with them. It's rather creepy because the horror elements are very subtle. A lot of the movie is just the three of them driving along visiting beaches and relaxing, but there is always a sense of looming dread. You don't know if this guy is alright and the movie does a great job building things up. I thought it was a really enjoyable thriller that takes place entirely on a road-trip along Australian coasts. Surprised it only had 5.3 on IMDB and rather negative reviews.

It reminded me of a movie by Roman Polanski called Knife in the Water. It's about a couple who picks up a young man on their small boat, and they must travel for a day with this stranger. Full of awkward tension just like this one.

Thanks for the recommendation - looks right up my alley!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I see a lot of you use unblock-us. For that I just use Tunnelbear. Pretty fast, easy to use, and free! There's a 500mb limit, but once your choice of movie/show has loaded you can just turn it off.

It's worth $5 a month not to have to worry about that shit :p

Didn't see it recommended on the last few pages, but I enjoyed Safety Not Guaranteed, starring Aubrey Plaza.

IMDB's synopsis:
When an unusual classified ad inspires three cynical Seattle magazine employees to look for the story behind it, they discover a mysterious eccentric named Kenneth, a likable but paranoid supermarket clerk, who believes he¹s solved the riddle of time travel and intends to depart again soon. Together, they embark on a hilarious, smart, and unexpectedly heartfelt journey that reveals how far believing can take you.

Oh wow when did this go up? Wanna see it!

Netflix Canada is THE SHIT btw, everyone on Unblock Us needs to give it a thorough look. They have so many great and recent movies, way more than even the US service.

It's a combo of things including peoples desire to adhere to authority, the speaker being charismatic and his ability to slowly ramp things up in a way that doesn't automatically click. At a certain point.. the person following the commands passes the point of no return before realizing it.

It's important to understand that the man who made the call had successfully done it many many times. He was also completely unsuccessful many times as well. People react differently to situations and it's not really possible to simply say "I would never do that!" without having been put in the position in the first place.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I was introduced to Todd and the Book of Pure Evil last week after never hearing of it. Holy shit Canada, way to go on making a super entertaining program, but also holy shit Canada, way to fucking cancel it after two seasons.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Watch psych if you haven't already. Such a great, witty, dramedy. The cast is fantastic, and the writing is great.

It really is so good only thing is the first season is a little slow compared to the rest. Need to stick with it though.

jakncoke

Banned
Just watched Emergency Mine Rescue:Nova a pbs doc on the 2010 chilean mine collapse and rescue. How they survived that long down there is amazing

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
They're just a slower pace then what they eventually settle into. It's still a great season but I probably classify as a fanboy with how much I love the show.

I have been flying through them, that I didn't notice I was up to Season 3 lol.

RBH

Did they remove the "Upcoming movies" section from the Instant Watcher website?

I can't find it on there anymore.

Yeah I loved season 1 until the last episode. It seemed like they completely ignored all the episodes before it and threw them out the window just to artificially keep the series going.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Extreme Couponing: Season 2 (TV, Reality)
Fagbug (Documentary)
Heathens and Thieves (Action, Western)
Kumaré (Documentary)
Revelation Road: The Beginning of the End (Action, Thriller)
Road Warriors: Baja 500 (Motosports)
Saints and Soldiers: Airborne Creed (Drama, War, Action)
Tell Me and I Will Forget (Documentary)

jakncoke

Banned
lol i really love how im on a 3 dvd plan yet they have like stopped sending dvds because I havent gotten around to watching one

1. Grey Gardens

03/09/13 03/11/13 Report Problem
2. The Rainmaker

03/04/13 03/05/13 Report Problem

3. When a Woman Ascends the Stairs

02/27/13 02/28/13

No way they didnt get The Rainmaker back yet, also tomorrow should have Grey Gardens back. lol fuckers

Top Bottom