• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Manhunter was pretty good. Surprised to see it was a Michael Mann film I had never heard of before, but also part of the Red Dragon/Hannibal series. The guy who played Will Graham was awesome and reminded me a lot like Hugh Dancy's portrayal in mannerism and tone. The villain was creepy as fuck. Cool synth score and stylish color schemes as well.

Nice movie to just discover out of the blue especially as a fan of recent Hannibal series.

amrod

Netflix Mexico

Resurrection - Season 1 (2014)
Marvel's Avengers Assemble - Season 1 (2013)

USA
Last Man Standing - Season 3 (2011)

Bleepey

Coming soon:

Django Unchained
The 100 Season 1
The Debt
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
E-Team
Sons of Anarchy Season 6
The Carrie Dairies Season 2
Wyatt Cenac: Brooklyn

Thank fuck for SoA season 6 finally making its way. NPR was kinda enough to spoil a major season 6 death.

Damn, found out that Argo got removed from the Scandinavian regions, still wanted to see that, tried watching Rush and Iron Man 3 without subtitles and it seemed to go pretty well.

Although I am not sure whether Rush is supposed to have subtitles for the German parts, my German sucks so much.

Kaladin

I got into Goodbye World a bit and gave up maybe 30 min in. What started out as an end of the world movie seemed more like a way to push the off the grid hipster life style of the main characters. If someone tells me it isn't that, I may give it another shot.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Alive Inside: A Story of Music & Memory (Documentary, Social)
Freezing Season 1-2 (Anime)
Liberal Arts (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
Last Man Standing Season 3 (TV, Comedy)
Metro Manila (Thriller, Foreign)
Video Games: The Movie (Documentary, Cultural)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah. Its really interesting and gets into the characters behind these indie games.

Its less about the games than the people and their stories though. But the meat boy people, braid dude and of course phil fish are interesting people.

I haven't watched VG: The Movie, but from your post, I think you are thinking of Indie Game: The Movie.

I saw Silver Linings Playbook yesterday and I don't get what all the hype was about.
The first half of the movie was great but the second half starting veering towards cheesy/cliche romance territory. It even had a dancing montage! Ugh...
The acting was top-notch at least.

Merguson

Banned

Coop

I saw Silver Linings Playbook yesterday and I don't get what all the hype was about.
The first half of the movie was great but the second half starting veering towards cheesy/cliche romance territory. It even had a dancing montage! Ugh...
The acting was top-notch at least.

I just watched this Saturday and my opinion is pretty much the same. It was alright but not worthy of the hype I've been hearing for the past year or so.

NightRunner99

Neo Member
I just watched this Saturday and my opinion is pretty much the same. It was alright but not worthy of the hype I've been hearing for the past year or so.

Yeah, I got bored halfway through. Don't know if I'll bother finishing it. JLaw is charming and all, but I don't why this is was an award winning performance for her. Also kind felt like she looked too Hollywood glam for someone who is supposed to be a woman from Philly who's been through some stuff.

Vyer

All Is Lost is interesting. The tension in these types of movies always get to me, though to be honest Redford's character beng such a blank slate I think kinda hurt the film more than helped it. I do like how resourceful he was and
that was probably one if the most heartfelt 'FUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK's in film history.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Yoooo, when did LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring hit Netflix Canada? Are we getting the other ones? I always end up with a flu or bad cold and high fantasy is perfect for half-asleep on the couch watching.

Yoooo, when did LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring hit Netflix Canada? Are we getting the other ones? I always end up with a flu or bad cold and high fantasy is perfect for half-asleep on the couch watching.

I don't know, happened to notice it too. But there have been Lord of the Rings on all kinds of Netflix regions, I think a region only has the third movie for example. They occasionally get removed and added and it is difficult to keep track of.

RedAssedApe

Banned

I think it skews too much towards a romantic comedy (albeit a slightly dark one) and those are rarely praised for the acting. I thought they had good chemistry and usually that's all it takes for this type of film to work for me.

Nyx

Been watching a lot of Mad Men in recent weeks, in season 4 now.

Really can't put my finger on why I like it so much (ok ok, maybe a bit because of Hendricks).

BFIB

Been watching a lot of Mad Men in recent weeks, in season 4 now.

Really can't put my finger on why I like it so much (ok ok, maybe a bit because of Hendricks).

Because its amazing? Your catching up right in time, the final season hits AMC early next year.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I found Amazon Prime Streaming to have a better horror collection, as it relates to my tastes. It kind of makes me sad.

Really? Maybe it was how crappy browsing their catalog is, but, disregarding taste and simply looking at the selection, I thought it wasn't too great.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Brony Tale (Documentary, Cultural)
Ace Wonder (Family)
Canopy (Action)
Chashme Buddoor (Romantic, Comedy, Bollywood)
DTLA Season 1 (TV, Drama)
GMO OMG (Documentary, Science)
Mission Air (Action)
Policeman (Drama, Foreign)
We the Economy (TV, Documentary)

That video games movie worth watching?

I watched it last night. It was alright, definitely worth watching.

Seemed like a very 'yay videogames!' movie, in the sense that it ran through the history of video games and evangelized them. If you're as knowledgable about games as I (and probably a large portion of GAF are) then you'll probably know most of the info in the movie, but still worth a look for some interview clips and some fun stuff.

3 starts out of 5

Aiii

So not worth it
I watched it last night. It was alright, definitely worth watching.

Seemed like a very 'yay videogames!' movie, in the sense that it ran through the history of video games and evangelized them. If you're as knowledgable about games as I (and probably a large portion of GAF are) then you'll probably know most of the info in the movie, but still worth a look for some interview clips and some fun stuff.

3 starts out of 5
Agree with thuis, just watched it. Very superficial, glosses over many things. It's entertaining, but pales in comparison to more specialized docs and especially if you've read good literature on the history of video gaming you will find it severely lacking in depth.

Still, give it a watch, but don't expect too much out of it.

Wag

I'm bored (ankle is broken). Name some good Asian action flicks and some good BBC Nature docs on Netflix. I've already seen the big ones like Planet Earth, Life, etc. I have access to all regions.

Agree with thuis, just watched it. Very superficial, glosses over many things. It's entertaining, but pales in comparison to more specialized docs and especially if you've read good literature on the history of video gaming you will find it severely lacking in depth.

Still, give it a watch, but don't expect too much out of it.
Yeah it's very verrrry broad. It's fun to watch for sure and has nice production values for sure but ultimately other documentaries go more into depth.
God, I still wish that Icons was still around. I loved that show.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm bored (ankle is broken). Name some good Asian action flicks and some good BBC Nature docs on Netflix. I've already seen the big ones like Planet Earth, Life, etc. I have access to all regions.

Action:

Kung Fu Hustle
14 Blades
IP Man
District 13/Ultimatum
A Company Man
The Tower (a disaster film)

jakncoke

Banned

The pbs nature series is pretty entertaining from any of the ones ive viewed.

Top Bottom