• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Netflix |OT| Tons of content, nothing to watch (?)

Can I get some good horror movie suggestions? Preferably ones that hold up well enough that a 21 year old girl would be entertained by lolol

You're Next
The Cabin in the Woods
[Rec] 3
Tucker and Dale vs Evil
The Collection
VHS 1/2

If you have a VPN, I can recommend more.

jakncoke

Banned
Texas Chainsaw : Wasnt nearly as bad as I was expecting, kinda decent it a way.

Celluloid Bloodbath: Shows a shit ton of horror previews from the 80s and 70s mainly with some commentary as well. Very interesting watch imo

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I meant about the title change. He's really good about that sort of thing.

Netflix |OT| The future is now

Ahh ok, my bad. I will contact him then,

Netflix |OT| Next Episode Playing in Binge Mode

Liking this one.

Texas Chainsaw : Wasnt nearly as bad as I was expecting, kinda decent it a way.

Celluloid Bloodbath: Shows a shit ton of horror previews from the 80s and 70s mainly with some commentary as well. Very interesting watch imo

Which version of TC did you watch?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today (and yesterday):

Machine Gun Preacher (Thriller, Action)
The 100 Season 1 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Action, SciFi)

Whatever is up on the US. Its the newest one. 2012 or 2013 whatever year it released

That version is bad. I didn't like it.

I like this one, but fear it would set a negative tone for people just discovering the thread for the first time.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. That it would be seen as a bad thing, rather than being seen as tons of things to pick from, and not know what to watch.

Day of the Dead: This was completely different movie than I was expecting. Slower paced than the majority of zombie movies out there. I did enjoy it for was it is. The music was great. As were the effects towards the end of the film. Although, some of the sound effects are laughable. If you are a huge fan of zombie movies, check it out.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Netflix |OT| Binge Until Your Heart's Content

Added today:

Battle Royale 1/2 (Action, SciFi, Foreign)
Darknet Season 1 (TV, Horror, Drama)
Freakshow: Season 2 (TV, Reality)
In Fear (Thriller)
Mr. Jones (Horror, Thriller)
R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Small Town Security Season 3 (TV, Reality)
We Are the Best!! (Indie, Comedy, Foreign)

Might check out catching fire tonight

It was better than the first one.

Netflix OT: Endless search feature starting now..

I like this one.

There is a Battle Royale 2?

And I feel that Catching Fire, like the first one, is so incredibly bland. I suppose the second was slightly better than the first though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link. YT teaser.

Netflix has announced that its original series Bloodline will premiere in March. And as you'd expect, all episodes from season one — there are 13 of them — will be available for streaming immediately. Bloodline stars Kyle Chandler of Friday Night Lights fame along with Ben Mendelsohn (The Dark Knight Rises), Linda Cardellini (Mad Men, Freaks and Geeks), Sam Shepard (The Right Stuff), and Sissy Spacek, among others. Created and executive produced by Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman, and Glenn Kessler — the trio behind FX's Damages — Bloodline "centers on a close-knit family of four adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when their black sheep brother returns home."

It doesn't reveal much, but you can catch a teaser trailer for the show above. Bloodline is the result of a partnership between Netflix and Sony Pictures Television; it's the first deal the streaming service has struck with a major Hollywood studio. Netflix says Bloodline will launch simultaneously in all regions in March. As for its other originals, Lillyhammer is set to return for a third season on November 21st.

Bleepey

There is a Battle Royale 2?

And I feel that Catching Fire, like the first one, is so incredibly bland. I suppose the second was slightly better than the first though.

I'd watch the second one first or not at all that way the movies will get better. The second movie is shit. My schoolmates watched the first one during secondary school during our lunch break and loved it, the second one we just lost interest 20 mins into it. Fuck that movie

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Watched Big Ass Spider last night. Much better than I expected. Def good for a laugh.

I agree. The dialogue between Alex and Jose made the movie for me. Especially the things Jose would say. The acting is horrible and the special effects are bad. The romance comes out of nowhere and fast. But even with that, I enjoyed it. I'm into these types of b-movies, so that probably helped.

It is a cheesy, over the top film with a ridiculous premise. Mindless fun.

jakncoke

Banned
I agree. The dialogue between Alex and Jose made the movie for me. Especially the things Jose would say. The acting is horrible and the special effects are bad. The romance comes out of nowhere and fast. But even with that, I enjoyed it. I'm into these types of b-movies, so that probably helped.

It is a cheesy, over the top film with a ridiculous premise. Mindless fun.

Pretty much. Did they ever get to making the cockroach film or is that just a cocktease for shits and giggles endings to the film?

Spinluck

I thought all the Scream movies were shit. Only the first one is even remotely entertaining, and actually kind of clever.=.

Stopped midway through the 3rd one to watch something worth my time.

jakncoke

Banned
I thought all the Scream movies were shit. Only the first one is even remotely entertaining, and actually kind of clever.=.

Stopped midway through the 3rd one to watch something worth my time.

Scream movies are im not really sober and dont want to put something I havent seen on type of movie.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
First Scream is honestly one of the best horror movies of all time. I hadn't seen it since it came out, and I rewatched it last week and it more than holds up, it's a goddamn masterpiece.

Other Screams though? Nah

New title! I think the monthly thread is a good idea. Maybe we could have recommendations in the OP like in the Steam threads

Anyway, saw this recommended in another thread
Along with what other people have mentioned:

qmXkhNZ.jpg

(netflix instant)
Trailer looks pretty good:
http://youtu.be/iTaFbJd-74Q

The first Scream is a masterpiece. A wonderful script that skewers all the horror tropes while also following them. And then Craven delivering some fantastic direction that is among the best horror ever.

I was indifferent to the second one, but watching it again the other year gave me a newfound appreciation for it. The script is not as strong, but I think Craven's work was stronger in it. The kill scenes and set ups are better and more inventive than the first. I especially love the soundproof booth moment.

The third...yeah. It had a few good scenes, but that is it. Definitely the least of the series.

I really liked 4 though. Especially the opening sequence.

Alright so the wife and I have watched: breaking bad. The wire. Sopranos. And the shield. We want to watch something that is already completed. But we can't decide on anything yet. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Alright so the wife and I have watched: breaking bad. The wire. Sopranos. And the shield. We want to watch something that is already completed. But we can't decide on anything yet. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Completed drama on Netflix? Hm...

Battlestar Galactica
The Borgias

DarkFlow

Banned
Is it me, or does it just seem like Netflix keeps adding the same shit every few months. I've seen Star Trek and Braveheart go on and then go off a few times already. They also seem like they add Mean Girls every other month.

Is it me, or does it just seem like Netflix keeps adding the same shit every few months. I've seen Star Trek and Braveheart go on and then go off a few times already. They also seem like they add Mean Girls every other month.

Yup, some of that ain't bad.
Like the Bond series.

It's hard to watch each & every single one before they expire.

Anustart

My girlfriend turned on some show about a guy going around to hotels and trying to revamp them, expain to the owners what to change. Episode 8 was a shocker though. Guy that built the hotel and kinda helps run it is my landlord lol.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I would like to state for the record that I am officially against the idea of binge watching, I think it's a terrible thing and an indication of our sick society. Binge watching and the death of the album, 21st century's greatest horrors.

People will realise this in approximately 1.5 years when they run out of tv to watch and they're all like "oh yeah, guess we shouldn't have watched that so fast"

Aiii

So not worth it
I would like to state for the record that I am officially against the idea of binge watching, I think it's a terrible thing and an indication of our sick society. Binge watching and the death of the album, 21st century's greatest horrors.

People will realise this in approximately 1.5 years when they run out of tv to watch and they're all like "oh yeah, guess we shouldn't have watched that so fast"

According to my followmy.tv I have watched apr. 2,5 full years worth of television over the past 25 years or so (and that's not counting any cartoons and shit I watched as a kid, or non-serialized TV) and my icheckmovies is now well over 1500 titles watched... So yeah, I'm about as worried about ever "running out" of stuff to watch as I am that I'm going to be hit by a falling toilet from the sky.

Top Bottom