• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I was thinking (with mod approval) of turning the thread into a monthly thread over in the OT. Would bring more discussion and recommendations I would think. Good idea? Bad idea?

Draconian

I was thinking (with mod approval) of turning the thread into a monthly thread over in the OT. Would bring more discussion and recommendations I would think. Good idea? Bad idea?

I think Netflix gets enough new stuff (and probably new customers) month to month that make that seem like a good idea.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I think Netflix gets enough new stuff (and probably new customers) month to month that make that seem like a good idea.

Exactly. Even on months where there might not be tons of stuff, the discussion will be bigger.

I will PM a mod about it. See what they say. If they give the go ahead, I will start it with the November thread/updates.

Not really a funny film.

Anything is a comedy if you try hard enough.

Really? Maybe it was how crappy browsing their catalog is, but, disregarding taste and simply looking at the selection, I thought it wasn't too great.

I think the issue I'm having with Netflix is that I can't find anything. They have 10,000,000 movies and only show me 200 of them. With Amazon they just dump everything out so I can get a look at more. The stuff I find is probably on both but, I have no idea what's on Netflix outside of stuff I already know I'm looking for (to search) or whatever the algorithm they use decides is my top couple hundred of movies.

For example, looking at the horror page on Netflix I get one page of movies, so less than 50 shown. I know damn well they have more than that on there. They need to show me them.

jakncoke

Banned
That monthly thread thing sounds good btw

So far today

The Collection - decent movies lots of good blood and gore

100 Bloody Acres - the beginning premise has me eye then it went to boring land for me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I think the issue I'm having with Netflix is that I can't find anything. They have 10,000,000 movies and only show me 200 of them. With Amazon they just dump everything out so I can get a look at more. The stuff I find is probably on both but, I have no idea what's on Netflix outside of stuff I already know I'm looking for (to search) or whatever the algorithm they use decides is my top couple hundred of movies.

For example, looking at the horror page on Netflix I get one page of movies, so less than 50 shown. I know damn well they have more than that on there. They need to show me them.

Yeah, by no means is Netflix's method 100% better. I agree with your point too. I do wish they would just show everything. Keep it how it is now, but have a "A-Z" option somewhere.

Watched Big Ass Spider last night. Much better than I expected. Def good for a laugh.

I have been wanting to see this movie for the past week, but haven't had the time. It sounds ridiculous and over the top. The type of movies I love.

That monthly thread thing sounds good btw

So far today

The Collection - decent movies lots of good blood and gore

100 Bloody Acres - the beginning premise has me eye then it went to boring land for me.

Have you seen the first one? The Collector? Much better movie in my eyes.

Any date for The 100 to be added?

If it's anything like the other CW shows.. it'll be next week since believe the premier to the new season is this week. Actually.. the premier might be tonight.

For some reason they put up the previous season after the new one has started, making it that much harder to catch up if you watch it on Netflix and enjoy the show.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Any date for The 100 to be added?

If it's anything like the other CW shows.. it'll be next week since believe the premier to the new season is this week. Actually.. the premier might be tonight.

For some reason they put up the previous season after the new one has started, making it that much harder to catch up if you watch it on Netflix and enjoy the show.

It was added today.

Edit- More dates:

10/23:

Freakshow Season 2

10/25:

The Carrie Diaries S2
Django Unchained
Sons of Anarchy S6

Bleepey

If anyone wants cult cinema recommendations, check out this podcast:

gmepodcast.com

I love listening to his discussion on films.

Heroman

Banned
Edit- Columbo and MSW are on US.

It is a fun movie. Kinda drags a bit in the middle, but I enjoyed it.

It is in my top ten film of all time, If you want to check more films from Stephen Chow there is Shaolin Soccer soccer and Journey to the west. Both are fantastic

Wag

It would be awesome if Netflix added Friday the 13th the series. I haven't seen that show in years. It was a great show.

Some
probably bad
title suggestions:

Netflix is the New Broadcast
Favorite Show Cancelled? Netflix saved it.
Regional Restrictions? What's that?
Who needs Cable?

Can I get some good horror movie suggestions? Preferably ones that hold up well enough that a 21 year old girl would be entertained by lolol

Aiii

So not worth it
Netflix |OT| It's like the WWE Network, but better!

Just wrasslin' fans will get that one, so to clarify, they tried to sell their VOD service by having the announce team telling you "it's like Netflix, but better."

Netflix |OT| HOW DO I HOLD ALL THESE MOVIES?!!

Netflix |OT| Sure Mister, it is possible to travel from Canada to Sweden in 15 seconds!

Netflix |OT| For 11,99 we will allow up to four posters to post in ALL CAPS.

Netflix |OT| I just binge watched all the Home Alone movies, because I could!

Netflix |OT| Kevin Spacey keeps staring at us, please send help.

Okay, I'm out.

Top Bottom