• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

According to my followmy.tv I have watched apr. 2,5 full years worth of television over the past 25 years or so (and that's not counting any cartoons and shit I watched as a kid, or non-serialized TV) and my icheckmovies is now well over 1500 titles watched... So yeah, I'm about as worried about ever "running out" of stuff to watch as I am that I'm going to be hit by a falling toilet from the sky.

If you live in a city, a porta-potty could totally fall from the sky and crush you.

Be safe!

jakncoke

Banned
Is it me, or does it just seem like Netflix keeps adding the same shit every few months. I've seen Star Trek and Braveheart go on and then go off a few times already. They also seem like they add Mean Girls every other month.

Yes as a constant member for 2-3 years I have seen stuff come and go through a few cycles.

El Topo

According to my followmy.tv I have watched apr. 2,5 full years worth of television over the past 25 years or so (and that's not counting any cartoons and shit I watched as a kid, or non-serialized TV) and my icheckmovies is now well over 1500 titles watched... So yeah, I'm about as worried about ever "running out" of stuff to watch as I am that I'm going to be hit by a falling toilet from the sky.

Is Dead Like Me available on Netflix in any region?

jakncoke

Banned
Is Dead Like Me available on Netflix in any region?

Brazil, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, UK

edit; I dunno if anyone ended up watching that Video Games: The Movie , If you are into video games or some of the history its fairly interesting even though its format is set up weirdly in documentary. They seem to jump around time periods and focal points pretty often and miss a lot even. Still worth a watch.

Oh and even drinking a lot of beer couldnt make Little Man and Flubber not terrible.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thats too bad, imagine a giant cockroach climbing the Empire State Building

Pfft, New Yorkers are used to roaches that big.

I thought all the Scream movies were shit. Only the first one is even remotely entertaining, and actually kind of clever.=.

Stopped midway through the 3rd one to watch something worth my time.

First Scream is honestly one of the best horror movies of all time. I hadn't seen it since it came out, and I rewatched it last week and it more than holds up, it's a goddamn masterpiece.

Other Screams though? Nah

I love the first Scream movie. The 2nd one is good, but not as great as the first. Third was a downer. The fourth was trying to hard. Especially Dewy's character change.

Brazil, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, UK

edit; I dunno if anyone ended up watching that Video Games: The Movie , If you are into video games or some of the history its fairly interesting even though its format is set up weirdly in documentary. They seem to jump around time periods and focal points pretty often and miss a lot even. Still worth a watch.

Oh and even drinking a lot of beer couldnt make Little Man and Flubber not terrible.

That seems to be the general opinion on VG: TM. It glances over stuff, and you might know all the info they present, but still worth the watch if you are into games.

Added today:

Sons of Anarchy Season 6 (TV, Drama)

GRoNTsD.gif

moojito

Alright so the wife and I have watched: breaking bad. The wire. Sopranos. And the shield. We want to watch something that is already completed. But we can't decide on anything yet. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I loved all of those series, and consider them a tier above the usual television. Also on that same list I'd put the west wing and friday night lights,deadwood true detective, though I don't think those last two are on netflix anywhere. Would be worth checking them out.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I would like to state for the record that I am officially against the idea of binge watching, I think it's a terrible thing and an indication of our sick society. Binge watching and the death of the album, 21st century's greatest horrors.

People will realise this in approximately 1.5 years when they run out of tv to watch and they're all like "oh yeah, guess we shouldn't have watched that so fast"
I binge watch and listen to albums. Where is your judgmental god now?

There will never be a limit to things we haven't watched.

I would like to state for the record that I am officially against the idea of binge watching, I think it's a terrible thing and an indication of our sick society. Binge watching and the death of the album, 21st century's greatest horrors.

People will realise this in approximately 1.5 years when they run out of tv to watch and they're all like "oh yeah, guess we shouldn't have watched that so fast"

I agree, i regret having binge watchet both OitNB seasons, now the wait for the third season is brutal...

jakncoke

Banned
30 for 30 Elway to Marino was pretty great as a football fan

Also on binge watching, just because you ran out(which I doubt, just open your minds people) to content on netflix. Doesnt mean you ran out of shit in the entire history of the movie industry.. Just means you gotta go to other platforms/sources. There is literally 120 something years of content, a human will technically never watch all the good material that was created. If you disagree you're either picky, not a real fan of film/tv, dumb or a liar!

RedAssedApe

Banned
has anyone watched the 100? of course it looks like it has the usual cw-ish things (pretty cast...lol) but premise sounds interesting enough...worth watching?

Milchmann

has anyone watched the 100? of course it looks like it has the usual cw-ish things (pretty cast...lol) but premise sounds interesting enough...worth watching?

Yes. It has CW things like love triangles and a pretty cast, but other than that it's a great sci-fi show, well-plotted, fast-paced and surprisingly ruthless.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thread link.

Netflix announces new animated show starring Bill Burr. 6 episodes, 30 minutes each.

Created by comedian Bill Burr and Simpsons scribe Michael Price, the project follows the Murphy family in the 1970’s, a time when you could smack your kid, smoke inside and bring a gun to the airport.

Burr will voice the role of Frank Murphy, the family’s extreme patriarch; Laura Dern will voice Frank’s wife Sue; and Justin Long voices the family’s oldest son, Kevin.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Expiring November 1st:

The Ninth Gate
American Psycho
101 Dalmatians
Red State
Right At Your Door
Footloose ('84)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Age of Uprising: The Legend of Michael Kohlhaas (Drama, War, Foreign)
Django Unchained (Action, Western)
E-Team (Documentary, Political, Netflix Original)
Jackpot (Action, Comedy, Foreign)
Queen Margot (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
Triad (Action)

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
should i watch django again today or watch iron man 3 for the first time on my rommates blu ray?

im leaning towards django

moojito

I've been meaning to watch American Psycho for ages. I should get round to that soon if they're taking it down next week.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Also expiring on the 1st:

The Big Chill
The Great Outdoors
Hannibal
The High Cost of Living
The Substitute

Making my way through Peaky Blinders at the moment. It's pretty decent. The only problem I really have with it at the moment is that spends a little bit too much time trying to be cool.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Night of the Creeps - It was my first watching this movie. It was a really fun movie. It has a couple of different horror elements thrown in, but it works really well here. The characters are great. The practical effects are well done. I dug the black and white scenes at the beginning. Well worth the watch.

Iron Man 3 is so bad that I rented it, watched it, then forgot about it so quickly that I accidentally rented it again a month later. I did not watch it the second time.

Wag

Just watched St. Vincent, it was pretty good. Don't know about all the Oscar nomination talk for Bill, but it's worth watching.

Right At Your Door is going off again? I think it was gone last time I remembered to watch it, too.

Underrated movie, maybe one of the better thrillers I've seen on Netflix.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Available November 1st:

Artifact (2012)
Babes in Toyland (1961)
Bali: Season One
Hell is for Heroes (1962)
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season Nine
Kingpin (1996)
Portlandia: Season Four
The Rocketeer (1991)

Trading Mom (1994)
Spike (2008)
Total Recall (1990)

Available November 3rd-14th:

Altman (2014)
Doug Benson: Doug Dynasty (2014)
Fading Gigalo (2014)
The Legend of Frosty the Snowman (2005)
Louder Than Words (2014)
Nebraska (2013)
The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004)
Virunga (2014)
Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats (2014)
Helix: Season One
La Bare (2014)
Not Yet Begin the Flight (2012)
Quartet (2012)
Small Town Santa (2013)

Available November 15th-21st:

Doc Martin Series Six
Dream House (2011)
Lilyhammer: Season Three
Sabotage (2014)
Sinbad: The Fifth Voyage (2014)
Trailer Park Boys Live at the North Pole (2014)
Wolfblood: Season Two

Available November 22nd-25th:

Beyond the Edge (2013)
Happy Christmas (2014)
Ida (2014)
Love is in the Air (2013)
Nikita: Season Four
Running from Crazy (2013)
Snowpiercer (2013)
War Story (2014)

Available November 26th-30th:

About Cherry Cherry (2012)
Bill Cosby 77 (2012)
Bomb Girls: Season Three
The Grand Seduction (2013)
The One I Love (2014)
Trailer Park Boys 3: Don’t Legalize It (2014)
VeggieTales in the House (2014)

Top Bottom