• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Portlandia S4 this weekend — nice!

Wasn't expecting much going in but I am finding The 100 to be really entertaining. Only 3 episodes in but I am digging it so far. Kinda reminds me of a mix of LOST and Lord of the Flies with a sci fi twist.

I was reading some reviews of it on IMDB and I am starting to hate that site more and more. So many people rating it 1 star just because it has a mostly teenage cast. Does teen drama immediately equal bad? I don't think so.

Nyx

Under the Skin with Scarlett is up in Canada, might watch that in the weekend.

Snowpiercer is on USA?

Anyone seen The Double?

With Jesse Eisenberg and directed by Richard Ayoade. curious for some reviews

On Netflix already? Damn, going to be a busy (read: lazy) weekend!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Anyone seen The Double?

With Jesse Eisenberg and directed by Richard Ayoade. curious for some reviews

It's a bit mad. If you like awkward, stylised and surreal films, you will like this. If any of the above turn you off, you will utterly hate it.

I liked it a lot.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Double looks really interesting (at least from the trailer I saw). I have been waiting for the horror marathon to be over to watch it.

Right At Your Door is going off again? I think it was gone last time I remembered to watch it, too.

Underrated movie, maybe one of the better thrillers I've seen on Netflix.

That was a really tight and intelligent thriller. Felt real, which is why I found it to be so frightening.

The movie I wish they would add again was called "Civic Duty". Basically takes place right after 9/11 and is about a guy who hangs around his apartment all day obsessing about his new middle eastern neighbor who moved in next door.

The Taking of Deborah Logan is fantastic. I'm not a fan of found footage films and I liked it a lot. It's the first movie I've seen in a while that kind of creeped me out, in a good way.

The Taking of Deborah Logan is fantastic. I'm not a fan of found footage films and I liked it a lot. It's the first movie I've seen in a while that kind of creeped me out, in a good way.

Thank you! I'm watching this tonight because it sounds great from the few reviews I just browsed now. Good found footage films effect me more than any other horror movies. But on average they are pretty bad. PA 1 and Rec were the one's I liked the most.

Thank you! I'm watching this tonight because it sounds great from the few reviews I just browsed now. Good found footage films effect me more than any other horror movies. But on average they are pretty bad. PA 1 and Rec were the one's I liked the most.

Have you seen Alien Abduction? I thought that was a pretty good FF movie.

Have you seen Alien Abduction? I thought that was a pretty good FF movie.

Not yet but I just added it. Reviews don't seem too compelling but I will give it a chance since I don't have much to lose. And besides, I am an avid listener to Mysterious Universe podcast so the subject matter alone should keep me interested. Thanks for the rec!

Just about finished watching it now and it's definitely a good one. Some great scares and a few characters that are way more believable than most in these films. Still suffers from most common horror tropes but any fan of these types of movies should be more than used to it.

Just about finished watching it now and it's definitely a good one. Some great scares and a few characters that are way more believable than most in these films. Still suffers from most common horror tropes but any fan of these types of movies should be more than used to it.

Just finished. It was pretty good. The part that scared me the most was really simple
At around 30 mins in there is a scene with her playing the piano that absolutely terrified me.
No jump scare there, just pure dread. And I really liked the location of the end scenes. Location scouter did well in making me feel uneasy.

3 & 1/2 stars out of 5.

But I did kinda lol at
that TV hitting the neighbor.

Just finished. It was pretty good. The part that scared me the most was really simple
At around 30 mins in there is a scene with her playing the piano that absolutely terrified me.
No jump scare there, just pure dread. And I really liked the location of the end scenes. Location scouter did well in making me feel uneasy.

3 & 1/2 stars out of 5.

But I did kinda lol at

I'd have to say my favorite scare was
the window scene with the cross. Such a simple and predictable scare but her face just made it work for me.

On the humorous side I absolutely loved
when the guy on the crew noped the fuck outta there in the van. "Fuck BOTH of you" and gone. hahahahaha

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Beneath (Horror)
Birdmen: The Original Dream of Flight (Documentary, Sports)
Bound by flesh (Documentary, Biographical)
Cocaine Unwrapped (Documentary, Cultural)
George Gently Season 1-6 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Nova: Rise of the Drones (TV, Documentary, Science)
Radio Free Albemuth (Drama, SciFi)
Reckless Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Salem Season 1 (TV, Drama, Horror)

Nyx

Salem? Oh man, another series to watch now...

Still busy with Mad Men atm, just seen the S5 eps
in which Lane and Peter have a fistfight and Roger takes LSD, so good haha!

On the humorous side I absolutely loved
when the guy on the crew noped the fuck outta there in the van. "Fuck BOTH of you" and gone. hahahahaha

That was awesome.

I found the old lady in general to be creepy. Jill Larson did a pretty good job in that role. That part
where they went in the cave and found her swallowing the girl like a snake
was kind of nuts too. Not really unexpected but, still kind of a shock to see.

American Horror Story Season 3 is up in UK and Netherlands.

It is by far the worst of the three completed seasons and the ongoing one.

Cross post from the Halloween marathon thread. My completed list, with star ratings for each.

1. Blood Lake - 1/5
2. Ravenous - 3/5
3. Higanjima - 3/5
4. Rosemary's Baby - 4/5
5. The Prophecy: Uprising - 4/5
6. The Reeds - 3/5
7. Carrie (2013) - 4/5
8. Trollhunter - 2/5
9. Cabin Fever: Patient Zero - 2/5
10. The Monkey's Paw - 2/5
11. Wake Wood - 4/5
12. Detention - 1/5
13. Event Horizon - 4/5
14. Scar - 2/5
15. Hatchet II - 2/5
16. The Colony - 4/5
17. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - 4/5
18. House Hunting - 2/5
19. Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn - 4/5
20. Halloween (2007) - 4/5
21 Halloween VI - The Curse of Michael Myers - 4/5
22. Hellrasier - 5/5
23. Hellbound: Hellraiser II - 5/5
24. Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth - 4/5
25. Hellraiser IV: Bloodline - 4/5
26. Hellraiser V: Inferno - 3/5
27. Hellraiser VI: Hellseeker - 3/5
28. Monkey Shines - 3/5
29. Witching and Bitching - 4/5
30. The Taking of Deborah Logan - 5/5

I'm a huge Hellraiser and Halloween fan so I'm sure some of those are rated higher than most would give them.

strafer

I know what I'm watching tonight.

mQWxu5I.png

22. Hellrasier - 5/5
23. Hellbound: Hellraiser II - 5/5
24. Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth - 4/5
25. Hellraiser IV: Bloodline - 4/5
26. Hellraiser V: Inferno - 3/5
27. Hellraiser VI: Hellseeker - 3/5

How could you rate Inferno lower than Bloodline? It's so bland while Inferno's pretty interesting even if the main guy is horribly unlikeable.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

3 & 1/2 stars out of 5.

But I did kinda lol at

I watched it based on your guys' post. I really liked it. She was beyond creepy in some of her scenes. Definitely agree about the
piano scene. Just something disturbing about the way she was looking into the camera. The scenes at the switchboard, Cara and her together, and window were also really good.

The ending had great atmosphere and almost a Blair Witch Vibe to it.

obin_gam

Hugely disappointed by Netflix today. Where is the surge of horror movies to celebrate Halloween? Dont they usually have a huge pile of horror just for this weekend?

How could you rate Inferno lower than Bloodline? It's so bland while Inferno's pretty interesting even if the main guy is horribly unlikeable.

I hated the dude in Inferno and I enjoyed Angelique and the Siamese Twins in Bloodline. There's more obviously but, I think the point comes across in that sentence.

jakncoke

Banned
Time for 1 last spurge of horror, I think i might jump into either A-Team or Californication. A-Team because if you set instant watcher to all then list it by when a item was added to netflix its the 2nd oldest(1st is a season of the US Office) continuing item that i havent seen yet and Californication because Ive had several people suggest I watch it.

Top Bottom