• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

how is Total Recall? The old one.

It's pretty great. I saw it when I was much younger though so I can't honestly say how well it will hold up. Some old movies hold up extremely well while others are absolutely snore-fests to new viewers.

BUT.. I would say it's worth a watch just for the pop culture gold mine that it is.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bermuda Tentacles (Action)
Dicte Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Last Passenger (Thriller)
Louder Than Words (Drama)
Nebraska (Indie, Drama)
Patton Oswalt: My Weakness Is Strong (Standup)
Wentworth Season 1-2 (TV, Drama, Crime)
Victim (Action)
Virunga (Documentary, Netflix Original)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
With all the talk about Snowpiercer, I gave it a watch last night. I have mixed feelings on it, but overall, I thought it was a good movie.

I never heard of the movie before someone mentioned it in here. The concept was really interesting and I thought they did a great job with it. The movie shined in the first half, but I felt the second half was a bit of a let down. Well, everything after the awesome
fight scene leading up to the bridge. The whole sequence was great to watch.

The second half wasn't helped out by its ending. I mean, I could kinda see where things were going after they had
explained what the drug really was.

Even with its flaws, I think it is worth the watch.

jakncoke

Banned
With all the talk about Snowpiercer, I gave it a watch last night. I have mixed feelings on it, but overall, I thought it was a good movie.

I never heard of the movie before someone mentioned it in here. The concept was really interesting and I thought they did a great job with it. The movie shined in the first half, but I felt the second half was a bit of a let down. Well, everything after the awesome
fight scene leading up to the bridge. The whole sequence was great to watch.

The second half wasn't helped out by its ending. I mean, I could kinda see where things were going after they had
explained what the drug really was.

Even with its flaws, I think it is worth the watch.

Also there isnt nearly enough cold/snow related movies. I think that gave it a few extra bonus points for me :p

Also ive been checking out what they have for Bizarre Foods, is all the travel channel shows that just came just 25 ep collections?

Nyx

Man I love Bar Rescue, when you've seen 1 ep you've seen them all, but the exaggerated screaming of Taffer and his wife's tits never get old haha.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Anyone have any suggestions for short films (US account)? Like, 75 minutes or so?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Watched the first half of Chevy Chase's Modern Problems and then fell asleep for the second half. The parts I saw were okay (the intro was pretty funny) but I have no desire to watch the parts that I missed. Meh.

I fell asleep during Snowpiercer. I expected it to be different. That's about all I got out of it.

Watched the first half of Chevy Chase's Modern Problems and then fell asleep for the second half. The parts I saw were okay (the intro was pretty funny) but I have no desire to watch the parts that I missed. Meh.

That movie used to weird me out when I was a kid.

Kaladin

I started The 100 last night.

It seems interesting, especially for the teenagers revolting against a dystopian society fiction genre. I am definitely intrigued.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Helix Season 1 (TV, Drama, SciFi)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Black Pearl (Action)
Still Mine (Indie, Drama)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Are the An Idiot Abroad episodes on netflix edited? Or the original broadcast versions?
They're the original Sky1 versions; much better than the ones aired on the Science Channel in the US.

FloatOn

Snowpiercer was cool until the very last bit of the ending.

Any word on when the xmas and 50th aniversary special of Dr.Who is going to be added? It's lame that I'm so far behind :/

sfedai0

Banned
Just watched Time Traveller. A fun, touching, romance that has time travel as a basic premise. Not sure it its related to "A Girl Who Leapt Through Time" anime.

Edit: lol just saw that it is based on the anime from the cover art.

jakncoke

Banned
Lost for Life: Had potential, basically surrounds under 18 and those that are sent to prison for life without parole. I felt it could've been a lot more interesting though. It was an ok doc

Doug Benson: Decent comedy but i felt he was too baked for his own good filming this.

I started The 100 last night.

It seems interesting, especially for the teenagers revolting against a dystopian society fiction genre. I am definitely intrigued.

I just finished season 1 earlier today and gotta say that I like that show a lot. It started off enjoyable but just got better and better as it went along. Season finale was damn good.

Reminds me of LOST, Battlestar Galactica, and Lord of the Flies. That's certainly a good combo for entertaining TV.

I just finished season 1 earlier today and gotta say that I like that show a lot. It started off enjoyable but just got better and better as it went along. Season finale was damn good.

Reminds me of LOST, Battlestar Galactica, and Lord of the Flies. That's certainly a good combo for entertaining TV.
The combo of shows mentioned has me interested, maybe I should check this out.

Watching the first episode of Fringe right now

DarkFlow

Banned
The combo of shows mentioned has me interested, maybe I should check this out.

Watching the first episode of Fringe right now

Don't judge Fringe on it's first season. They really didn't know what they wanted to do yet, but by the middle of season 2, to the end of season 3 is some of the best stuff ever.

The 100 actually starts off a bit.. CW-tropish if that makes sense. And it does have the typical romance jargon. But if you can push through the first 3 eps or so (or if you enjoy those eps) then it picks up and pushes the pace the whole way through.

Don't judge Fringe on it's first season. They really didn't know what they wanted to do yet, but by the middle of season 2, to the end of season 3 is some of the best stuff ever.
Still on the first episode, but seems pretty interesting. Plus the female lead is pretty attractive ...
And the guy from Dawson creek is in this....

Pluto

And then it turned to shit with season 4,
I thought the timeline would be fixed after a few episodes but it wasn't, the characters we knew had ceased to exist, permanently replaced by versions of a universe where Peter died as a kid, fuck you Fringe!
and season 5 made it worse by
dumping the red universe and Lincoln Lee and basically creating a spin-off starring Peter and the season 4 alternates, the changed the entire premise of the show, it wasn't even about Fringe sciences anymore.

It's like the writers looked at season 3 and thought "Look, we have something that really works and produced some awesome television, we have wonderful characters with incredible chemistry, a rich history with each other and a great mystery going ... let's change that".

Akahige

Yeah Season 3 is great, the show last few years are just ok but watchable because of Walter (John Noble).

Kaladin

The 100 actually starts off a bit.. CW-tropish if that makes sense. And it does have the typical romance jargon. But if you can push through the first 3 eps or so (or if you enjoy those eps) then it picks up and pushes the pace the whole way through.

I would agree with this.

Also, I call The CW the "Beautiful People Doing Heroic Things Network" or BPHTN.

Top Bottom