• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Susurrus

I know this thread is normal about streaming but can anyone comment on the blu ray selection in the US? Right now I have Hulu Plus and Netflix steaming. I'm getting tired of Hulu and looking to replace it with disc. I'm just not sure if the blu ray program is worth the extra money.

If you like bluray, then yes. I've had bluray since it was available on Netflix (HDDVD when it was available too). Most of the time the bluray is made available.

Here's a screenshot of my queue. As you can see, Bluray is definitely taken seriously.

jRSlqcZ.png

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Adventures of Bailey: Christmas Hero (Family)
Angeline Balerina: Pop Star Girls (Kids)
Animal Atlas: Pet Party (Family)
Barney: Best Fairy Tales (Kids)
Bob the Builder: Trains and Treehouses (Kids)
Bratz: BFF: Best Friends Forever (Kids)
Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats (Standup)
Doc Martin Season 1-6 (TV, Drama)
Dogs with Jobs Season 2 (TV, Reality)
Henning Mankell's Wallander Season 3 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
HIT Favorites: Preschool Fun (Kids)
Homecoming (Drama)
Kipper: Amazing Discoveries, Tiger Tales (Kids)
Los Angeles Plays Itself (Documentary, Cultural)
More Barney Songs (Kids)
Peaky Blinders Season 2 (TV, Drama)
Seal Team 8: Behind Enemy Lines (Action)
Sewing Hope (Documentary, Cultural)
The Irregular at Magic High School Season 1 (Anime)
The Secret World of Santa Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Time of My Life (Drama, Foreign)
Trailer Park Boys Live at the North Pole (Comedy)
Wolfblood Season 2 (TV, Drama)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Is Modern Family Season 5 out in any countries? I generally use Netflix Around the World but it doesn't tell how many seasons of a show are out in each country.

DoubleD

I finished the first season of The 100 last night after starting it on Friday. My son asked if it was Lost with space people. Maybe because he saw "Desmond". Haha.
The first couple of episodes made me a bit skeptical. I thought it was going in a late teen drama direction. It definitely gets better and is written better than I thought it would be. I was actually bummed when I finished the final episode to season 1.
Edit: Also started Peaky Blinders. Love it so far. I'm up to epsode 4.

jakncoke

Banned
Stretch : I enjoyed it a bit, made me laugh.

Casa de Mi Padre: had some funny moments, just another terrible ferrell flick this time a spanish languaged western

Management: pretty bleach movie with zahn chasing jennifer aniston

The Revenge of Al Capone: I believe this was a 1989 made for TV movie. ok is stetching it. Also fucking ratio they used for netflix bastards.

American Pie: Book of Love : These direct to dvd spin offs really set a low bar of bad.

I started the US version of The Killing.

So far so good. (3 EPs in)

Is the 4th season the final season or?

Fourth season is the final, and best IMO. That show really benefited from being able to be more adult oriented, for me anyways. It took it from a show I didn't mind watching to one I wanted to watch.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For some reason I couldn't get into in the first season but I've started watching s2 from the beginning as its been airing on Fox and I'm loving it now.

How come?

I'm 8 episodes in and I love it. All of the characters are great. I don't find any of them to be annoying or stupid. They are funny in their own way.

How you finding it? Im halfway through season 2...Loving it!

And Thats Archer's mum right?!

Yeah, she plays Archer's mother too.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Boy Meets Girl (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
Dream House (Thriller)
Every Three Seconds (Documentary)
Ikki Tousen Great Guardians (Anime)
Ikki Tousen Extreme Xecutor (Anime)
Jackpot (Thriller, Bollywood)
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (Horror, Foreign)
Undercover Boss Season 5 (TV, Reality)

jakncoke

Banned
NUPoZVG.png

I noticed this, er what?

there is also one for crazy eyes from orange is the new black and bojack. Its kinda stupid but whatever helps me find new things. I gotta manually enter more agid more often find new and interesting groups, sometimes I just forget it exists

Bizarre Foods had a decent selection, I seen a few already of those. Its still a shame they didnt bring the 85. I think they had all seasons at one point in time a few years back, maybe im wrong though

How come?

I'm 8 episodes in and I love it. All of the characters are great. I don't find any of them to be annoying or stupid. They are funny in their own way.

I honestly can't explain it. It just wasn't striking a chord with me. Maybe I'm just in a more receptive mood for that type of show this fall. I'm loving the (spoilers for s2)
romantic tryst story between Boyle and Linetti - so akward.
and I'm starting to appreciate Captain Holt more. And Santiago is so dang cute.

Alphahawk

Head's up, you may not recognize the name but if you watched the Disney Channel at all in the early 90's you've most likely have seen Trading Mom. It's that film where the kids get like three different mom's from the "mommy mart",

I'm pointing this out because the film did not ring a bell to me, until I read the words "Mommy Mart" in the description. Here's hoping Netflix can get the rights to "Mother Goose Rock 'N Rhyme" next.

Nyx

Fourth season is the final, and best IMO. That show really benefited from being able to be more adult oriented, for me anyways. It took it from a show I didn't mind watching to one I wanted to watch.

Thanks, good to know.
Means I can finish the entire series without waiting for a new season. :)

jakncoke

Banned
Tim and Eric's Billionaire Movie: terrible

The Battered Bastards of Baseball: Good stuff, goes to tell about the Portland Mavericks and how they were the only independant team in the country and were eccentric and took on the rest of affiliated minors with just randoms from the streets

Chaplin: pretty decent movie

Destiny Turns on the Radio: seemed like it could of had potential but ended just remaining flat and mostly boring.

tariniel

When I watched Walking Dead S3 while it was airing I really didn't like that season so I completely skipped S4 altogether and decided I was done with the show.

Well I was bored enough and it was on Netflix so I watched all of S4 over about a week. It was pretty good I thought, way better than I remember S3 being. Thinking about checking out S5 now but I'm a few episodes late to the party there...

When I watched Walking Dead S3 while it was airing I really didn't like that season so I completely skipped S4 altogether and decided I was done with the show.

Well I was bored enough and it was on Netflix so I watched all of S4 over about a week. It was pretty good I thought, way better than I remember S3 being. Thinking about checking out S5 now but I'm a few episodes late to the party there...

S5 has continued where the second half of S4 left off in terms of quality. The current showrunner is the first one to really understand what he's doing and it's paying off.

Kwixotik

My lady and I want an action movie

Right now it's between Snowpiercer and Battle Royale... Which will it be? Or will a new challenger appear?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
My lady and I want an action movie

Right now it's between Snowpiercer and Battle Royale... Which will it be? Or will a new challenger appear?

Snowpiecer starts to fall flat a bit during the second half. BR is great.

If not those:

Olympus Has Fallen
Avengers
Total Recall

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Netflix Saves! Tina Fey's new show has been rescued; I'm very happy to hear this.

When NBC aired trailers for all its new shows at last spring's upfront, no new series had me more intrigued than "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt," a comedy from the "30 Rock" team of Tina Fey and Robert Carlock, starring Ellie Kemper from "The Office" as a sheltered woman who escapes from a doomsday cult and tries to start life over in New York City. It wasn't on the fall schedule, nor was it talked about in any early midseason plans, and I had heard from several comedy veterans that NBC had no idea what to do with a show that was so weird and incompatible with whatever it is their comedy brand is now.

Well, NBC finally figured out what to do: they sold "Kimmy Schmidt" off to Netflix, which has made a two-year commitment to the series, with the first season debuting in March of 2015.

Yup, now Netflix is saving canceled shows that haven't even aired yet.
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...m-pre-cancellation-at-nbc#iwSoBYZ4o6ImrFOw.99

Considering some of the crap NBC airs its kinda scary that they passed on a show with this pedigree.

It doesn't match up with anything else they have. A key part to scheduling is putting shows together that have a symbiotic relationship. So you wouldn't put a show that's aimed at 18-35 year old men after a show that's aimed at women 20-45. You'd lose the audience from your first show and the second show might miss people who are already watching another network.

So NBC really doesn't have anything that would work with this show. That's why they didn't have it on the schedule.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Cannibal (Thriller, Foreign)
Donald Glover: Weirdo (Standup)
For a Woman (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 (TV, Action, SciFi)
Sabotage (Action, Thriller)
Whitey: U.S.A. v. James J. Bulger (Documentary, Cultural)

rexor0717

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is up. Been wanting to watch it. Any good?
The first season is terrible but slowly got better. Somehow, the second season is really good. I'd start midway into the season so you can get some context for the rest of the show without having to sit through some really bad TV.

Top Bottom