• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

IISANDERII

Among the categories like Recently Watched, New Releases, Popular on Netflix etc, one showed up today that I had never seen before and took me a moment to understand what I was looking at:

Watched By Claire Underwood

I loled. Anybody seen that before?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have to keep creating new sub accounts on Netflix to get the categories I want to reappear. It's so annoying. Just make a simple check list menu and then put up maybe five of your dumb categories. This isn't hard Netflix.

IISANDERII

So...what has she watched?
Restless, Smash His Camera, Inside Dolce+Cabana, Bottled Life, Loving the Bad Man, The Politician's Husband, Iron Lady, Good Wife, Lady Vengeance, Cruel Intentions, A Royal Affair, Covert Affairs, The Artist.
Lol

Netflix Canada

Among the categories like Recently Watched, New Releases, Popular on Netflix etc, one showed up today that I had never seen before and took me a moment to understand what I was looking at:

Watched By Claire Underwood

I loled. Anybody seen that before?

Haha yes, I was thinking of posting that when I saw it two days ago or so, reminded me of the categories on April Fools.

jakncoke

Banned
Paid in Full : It was decent following the story through some drug dealers

Snow in tha Bluff: Its basically like a found footage movie but following some dudes in the ghetto. Not really sure what to think of this lol

The Rocketeer: Kinda amusing to me in the 1990s Disney would put out a movie like this. Would kinda think they'd try and stay away from political endings. None the less i found it decent

DamNation: Documentary on how there is too many dams and how a lot are more damage than good. I definitely can relate as I live 35 miles northeast of the armys corp Kinzua Dam project that relocated forcefully 10k people and completed deleted about 6 villages and 1 borough from existence by flooding a long valley. All in the name of "protecting" Pittsburgh and any other town that may be close on the way down along the Allegheny River

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Restless, Smash His Camera, Inside Dolce+Cabana, Bottled Life, Loving the Bad Man, The Politician's Husband, Iron Lady, Good Wife, Lady Vengeance, Cruel Intentions, A Royal Affair, Covert Affairs, The Artist.
Lol

Netflix Canada

That is actually a good list lol. Whoever did that list, pulled it off.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

30 for 30: When the Garden Was Eden (Documentary, Sports)
A Long Way Off (Drama)
Abuse of Weakness (Drama, Foreign)
Agency of Vengeance: Dark Rising (TV, Drama, SciFi)
Bridgend (Documentary, Social)
Gallows Hill (Horror)
La Bare (Documentary, Cultural)
Not Yet Begun to Fight (Documentary, Biographical/Eric Hastings)
Quartet (Indie, Comedy)
Rumors of Wars (Action, SciFi)

DarkFlow

Banned
And then it turned to shit with season 4,
I thought the timeline would be fixed after a few episodes but it wasn't, the characters we knew had ceased to exist, permanently replaced by versions of a universe where Peter died as a kid, fuck you Fringe!
and season 5 made it worse by
dumping the red universe and Lincoln Lee and basically creating a spin-off starring Peter and the season 4 alternates, the changed the entire premise of the show, it wasn't even about Fringe sciences anymore.

It's like the writers looked at season 3 and thought "Look, we have something that really works and produced some awesome television, we have wonderful characters with incredible chemistry, a rich history with each other and a great mystery going ... let's change that".

I think the final season was more along the lines of "I have some notes, and if you don't do this season like this, we are going to cancel you."

I think the final season was more along the lines of "I have some notes, and if you don't do this season like this, we are going to cancel you."

Actually, the final season was more like "We love your show so much, but the ratings aren't there to keep it for long. Here are 13 episodes to end it how you want to."

Then they met in the middle and season 5 popped out.

They planted the seed for season 5 with the episode "Letters of Transit." The finale to season 4 could have worked for a series finale. But they got the green light, and decided to do an entire season based around Letters of Transit.

DarkFlow

Banned
They planted the seed for season 5 with the episode "Letters of Transit." The finale to season 4 could have worked for a series finale. But they got the green light, and decided to do an entire season based around Letters of Transit.

You don't need to tell me lol. I own all the seasons on blu ray.

True, I like season 4 and 5 but its true they aren't as good.

I think they're just as good and in some cases better. Anecdotal but my wife didn't watch the show while it was on the air. She started watching it on Netflix and loved it. Watched the entire run 3 times over and never once said that she though S4 and 5 were worse or that she didn't like the change.

Honestly I feel like the investment in the status quo along with waiting time between seasons and concern of possible cancellation plays a role in peoples feelings about the show. The same thing happens with Scrubs imo. When it was on the air people were super vocal about not liking S6 and 7. But now that it's been awhile and a lot of people have seen the show primarily through Netflix, the only real gripe is S9 (which was supposed to be a spin off anyways).

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Chelsea Peretti's new special ("One of the Greats") is up now.

Kaladin

I recently added my disc sub again. I hate how Netflix has a 30 day delay on most blu-rays, and then you only get a rental copy. But still, it's better than waiting for a movie to appear on streaming and cheaper than renting from Amazon Instant.

Watching arrested development for the first time. 3 episodes in...im liking it! does it stay good throughout?
You're in for a treat my friend! It's so good.
S4 has some great episodes too, but I will admit there's son I don't care for. Still overall a great season

Vyer

Killing Them Softly is....interesting. The way the movie is advertised you'd be expecting a gritty, bombastic, violent gangster/mob type movie. It is...some? of those things. Some decent performances, it's interesting to see Pitt and Gandolfini play off each other. And there's some violence. But the movie feels like it's just plodding along at times, like it's not sure what it wants to be. Ultimately a lot of little build ups to things that just aren't as big a payoff. The presidential election/financial crisis theme running through the background doesn't really work well imo either.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Just watched stretch. Was a pretty fun film, had an 80s movie feel to it, can't quite understand why they dumped it like they did.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Anyone had any trouble using netflix on the xbox one? It used to work fine, now won't even load or connect. Works fine on my ipad so it's not my wifi.

Lack of info or help around this is well frustrating!

Lubricus

Anyone had any trouble using netflix on the xbox one? It used to work fine, now won't even load or connect. Works fine on my ipad so it's not my wifi.

Lack of info or help around this is well frustrating!

The One had an update yesterday. Some steps:

Test the Internet Connection on Your Xbox One

1.Press the Menu button on your Xbox One controller, or select Settings from the Home screen.
2.Select Network. Your Network Status should be displayed.
3.Select Test Network Connection.

The test will indicate if you have a healthy connection, or if you need to make changes to the network configuration settings on your Xbox One.

Disconnect and Reconnect the Netflix application

1.Launch the Netflix application from the Xbox One Home screen.
2.Once inside the Netflix app, press the Menu button on the Xbox One controller.
3.Select Settings from the in-app menu.
4.Select Log Out.
5.You can now sign back in to your Netflix account.

Troubleshoot network connection issues

If you're still not able to connect to Netflix, here are some steps to resolve network connection issues.
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/461

Think I need to give Fringe another chance after reading this page. I loved the first three seasons, then I thought the Season 3 finale was the most ridiculous cliffhanger ever, and lost interest. Never saw Seasons 4 and 5.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I started Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Canada). It is pretty funny. I'm liking all of the characters so far.

I started Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Canada). It is pretty funny. I'm liking all of the characters so far.

For some reason I couldn't get into in the first season but I've started watching s2 from the beginning as its been airing on Fox and I'm loving it now.

Laekon

I know this thread is normal about streaming but can anyone comment on the blu ray selection in the US? Right now I have Hulu Plus and Netflix steaming. I'm getting tired of Hulu and looking to replace it with disc. I'm just not sure if the blu ray program is worth the extra money.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I know this thread is normal about streaming but can anyone comment on the blu ray selection in the US? Right now I have Hulu Plus and Netflix steaming. I'm getting tired of Hulu and looking to replace it with disc. I'm just not sure if the blu ray program is worth the extra money.

It was worth it when I had it a year ago.

Mr.Swag

Banned
If there's at least five movies you've wanted to see your whole life that aren't on instant, then def get it. Remember you can always cancel.

Me myself I've had disc service since 2007. I think I've seen over 400 movies just through disc.

Loaded up Netflix on my phone and had a new category. "Watched by Buster Bluth" had everything from My Idiot Brother to Juice. Yes the Juice starring Tupac.

Top Bottom