• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Yup. The original is one of my favorite movies, I love everything about it.
I usually dislike the standard "original was better" and I liked the remake but after seeing the original its like the new one completely abandoned what made total recall total recall and just had a few plot points shoehorned into a standard chase thriller

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
As long as you didn't compare the two Recalls (which is gonna happen, I know), I thought it was a solid movie.

Speaking of Superhero related shows that starts off horrible, when does Arrow get better? I know there's a few fans of it on GAF but I'm watching it on Netflix and I'm struggling. I've heard it gets better at some point but the cast is so terrible, it hurts.

Speaking of Superhero related shows that starts off horrible, when does Arrow get better? I know there's a few fans of it on GAF but I'm watching it on Netflix and I'm struggling. I've heard it gets better at some point but the cast is so terrible, it hurts.
S2 is really good In my opinion. S1 picks up more with the backstory stuff on the island, so probably like mid to late season.

Agents of shield is a little slow right now, but I'm sticking with it

The cast gets better as they get more comfortable. I liked the show from the first episode, but it doesn't get truly great until episode 14, The Odyssey.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
When I watched Walking Dead S3 while it was airing I really didn't like that season so I completely skipped S4 altogether and decided I was done with the show.

Well I was bored enough and it was on Netflix so I watched all of S4 over about a week. It was pretty good I thought, way better than I remember S3 being. Thinking about checking out S5 now but I'm a few episodes late to the party there...

The slower parts of The Walking Dead definitely play better on a binge watch, that's for sure.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Cannibal (Thriller, Foreign)
Donald Glover: Weirdo (Standup)
For a Woman (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 (TV, Action, SciFi)
Sabotage (Action, Thriller)
Whitey: U.S.A. v. James J. Bulger (Documentary, Cultural)

Some more added today:

Desert Runners (Documentary, Sports)
Firestorm (Action)
Ida (Drama, Foreign)
Lilyhammer Season 3 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Mr. X (Documentary, Foreign)
Nikita Season 4 (TV, Action)
Ripper Street Season 2 (TV, Crime, Drama)
The Last of the Unjust (Documentary, Cultural, Historical)
The Retrieval (Drama, Western)
Viaggio sola (Romantic, Drama)

Koomaster

My Netflix queue is now out of order and is all pictures instead of the normal list. What's this about? Is there anyway to revert it back to how I had it?

My Netflix queue is now out of order and is all pictures instead of the normal list. What's this about? Is there anyway to revert it back to how I had it?

My Netflix Canada queue on the WiiU has been in a different order almost every time I've turned it on for the last week or so. I have no idea why.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Can you take a screenshot of what you mean?

My Netflix Canada queue on the WiiU has been in a different order almost every time I've turned it on for the last week or so. I have no idea why.

Check your settings. Sounds like you have your list set to "Netflix Suggests." Which "promotes" movies to the top of your list depending on what Netflix thinks you would like.

Koomaster

Can you take a screenshot of what you mean?
netflix.png

This is what my queue looks like on the PC. Normally it's a list, like everything is listed out by names, not these boxart pictures. The list is also out of order from how I had it and I can't move any of these titles around.

Haven't changed anything. I was on earlier today and it was my normal list. I watched an episode of TNG and closed the browser. Now I am back and it's all changed.

Koomaster

Looks like they are testing a new feature and you are part of the test pool.
I'll be sure to tell them I hate this then if they ever ask.

I don't mind my list looking like this when I'm browsing on my consoles. But on my computer is where I manage the list. I would like the ability back to move things around and order things how I want. This also prevents me from seeing at a glance when something is going to expire.

Hope they end this test soon. ~__~

Check your settings. Sounds like you have your list set to "Netflix Suggests." Which "promotes" movies to the top of your list depending on what Netflix thinks you would like.

Where is this option? I can't find it in any place I would expect it to be.

This is what my queue looks like on the PC. Normally it's a list, like everything is listed out by names, not these boxart pictures. The list is also out of order from how I had it and I can't move any of these titles around.

Haven't changed anything. I was on earlier today and it was my normal list. I watched an episode of TNG and closed the browser. Now I am back and it's all changed.

Mine has looked like this for at least several months, if not for the entire year.

Edit:

I don't mind my list looking like this when I'm browsing on my consoles. But on my computer is where I manage the list. I would like the ability back to move things around and order things how I want. This also prevents me from seeing at a glance when something is going to expire.

You can still see it pretty easily, you just need to scan underneath them all:

pYUmuIY.png

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Wait, I think that has been an option for awhile lol. There should be an option to go with the ordered list.

Edit-

Where is this option? I can't find it in any place I would expect it to be.

Mine has looked like this for at least several months, if not for the entire year.

I'm not sure about the WiiU, but on the website, it is under Account > My List > Ordered List.

And I knew I wasn't going crazy.

Koomaster

Checked that setting, and there is a thing for 'Manual Ordering'. I click that option but it doesn't save. it keeps reverting back to 'Netflix Suggests'.

If it's been this way for others for months, I guess they are now forcing this on users who haven't switched over yet?

Ugh, this sucks.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Checked that setting, and there is a thing for 'Manual Ordering'. I click that option but it doesn't save. it keeps reverting back to 'Netflix Suggests'.

If it's been this way for others for months, I guess they are now forcing this on users who haven't switched over yet?

Ugh, this sucks.

The list you have now has been around for awhile. But it wasn't something that was required. It was always an option. I'm still rocking the Manual Ordering/List.

Maybe call up Netflix?

Digging in the Help Center reveals this is a US-exclusive option, for no adequately explained reason.

Makes no sense.

Kaladin

Started a few series tonight:

Peaky Blinders: Better than I thought it would be on first pass. It's good...but not top tier crime drama stuff yet, only a couple episodes in.

Scandal: Interesting serial, seems to be good for light TV.

Friday Night Lights: Had heard a lot about this show being great, and it seems to live up to that promise. Going to stick with it for a bit and see how it goes.

Might start a few others I've had my eye on too.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Is there anyway to check if something in your list is expiring? Netflix changed the my list ui and it sucks.

You can still see it pretty easily, you just need to scan underneath them all:

pYUmuIY.png

Friday Night Lights: Had heard a lot about this show being great, and it seems to live up to that promise. Going to stick with it for a bit and see how it goes..

Love, love, love this show. There is some parts where it gets silly, but overall, it is a fantastic show. And without a doubt, one of the best series finale ever. It was perfect.

jakncoke

Banned
Altman: documentary that goes through Robert Altman filmography in his ups and downs

Hell is for Heroes: Could of been better but still pretty decent movie that surrounded an abandoned small crew trying to convince the Germans they had more troops

Virunga: Netflix made doc surrounding the struggles of protecting Virunga National Park and the corrupt fighting against the interest for because of oil, mining, poaching..ect. Pretty good doc

Koomaster

Crisis averted; my list reverted back to its normal form this morning...

My list order was saved as well so I didn't have to re-do it. Not sure what the issue was last night or why it changed and wouldn't change back. But I'm glad it's back to normal now.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Sea two great movies last night
Stretch : Non stop entertainment my brain was off and I liked it

Headhunters: Foreign film from Norway, subtitles only, a twist then another twist. Then another twist. Also has that lannister guy from Game of Thrones. I liked it a lot, future American adaptation definitely happening.

Kaladin

I want to enjoy Scandal. The plot is interesting. These people need to breath though, they go at 100 miles per hour all the time, I feel exhausted after watching for a while.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Dear Mr. Watterson: Yeah it isn't exactly talking about Mr. Watterson or how Calvin and Hobbes came to be. And yes, the documentary is pretty much just people that love Calvin and Hobbes talking about Calvin and Hobbes, but I thought it was decent. I went in with really low expectations however.

Dear Mr. Watterson: Yeah it isn't exactly talking about Mr. Watterson or how Calvin and Hobbes came to be. And yes, the documentary is pretty much just people that love Calvin and Hobbes talking about Calvin and Hobbes, but I thought it was decent. I went in with really low expectations however.

Those are my least favorite documentaries. I guess I can avoid this one.

Laekon

Just make sure you stick with it. It takes 13 episodes until it becomes good, and turns great at episode 16/17

I hate when part of an episode is so stupid you feel like turning it off and never watching the show again. The shooting at the end of Episode 13 almost made me stop watching Shield. The whole situation is like something an 8th grader would think up.

I don't think I have seen it in this thread, but a friend told me Masters of Sex, another HBO show is on the Dutch Netflix. Haven't bothered to look yet.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Supposedly it was supposed to be much longer and the ending much more depressing.
I don't normally notice these things but
*entire plot of movie spoiler*
the fact that it was the black guy and the women on the team responsible for the killings seemed a little socially insensitive especially when the reason for it was so dumb.

Those are my least favorite documentaries. I guess I can avoid this one.

It's soooooo bad. You're all like "Oh, man, maybe I'll get to see Bill draw."

Nope.

You'll never guess, but EVERYONE FIRST SAW CALVIN AND HOBBES IN THE NEWSPAPER.

WHAT A STORY.

(Although to be fair I didn't bother past 2:30)

Top Bottom