• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Alive & Well (Documentary, Social, Science)
Beyond the Edge (Documentary, Biographical/Edmund Hillary)
Come Back to Me (Horror)
Eternal Revenge (Thriller)
Fort McCoy (Drama)
I Am Santa Claus (Documentary, Social)
Manuscripts Don't Burn (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Rhymes for Young Ghouls (Drama)
Running from Crazy (Documentary, Biographical/Mariel Hemingway)
The Conformist (Drama, Foreign)
War Story (Drama)

Kaladin

Finally watched the new Carrie last night. It wasn't as bad as some say. It wasn't the original, but I saw nothing overly wrong with it. The only issue I'd have with it is it was a very quick movie....everything happened quickly and a lot of the feeling behind the original was lost.

I said damn with that final death scene though, bitch got what she deserved.
Though, they totally ruined it by not having a mannequin in the car when it exploded. It was clearly empty.

Kaladin

Available December 1st:

A Knight’s Tale (2001)
Almost Famous (2000)
American Beauty (1999)
Bewitched (2005)
Camp Takota (2014)
Crossroads (2002)
Jewtopia (2012)
Knights of Badassdom (2014)
Madison (2005)
Out of the Clear Blue Sky (2012)
Out of Time (2003)
The Out-of-Towners (1999)
Troop Beverly Hills (1989)
Turbo FAST: New Episodes (2014)

Available December 3rd-6th:

American Horror Story: Coven (2013)
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues: Super Sized Version (2013)
Ava & Lala (2014)
Bill Burr: I’m Sorry You Feel That Way (2014)
Oculus (2014)
Sharknado 2: The Second One (2014)
Son of God (2014)

Available December 8th-11th:

Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown: Season Three (2013)
A Haunted House 2 (2014)
Drive Hard (2014)
I Am Ali (2014)
The Village (2004)
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

Available December 12th-15th:

Broadchurch: Season One (2013)
Don’t Blink (2014)
Jake Squared (2014)
Marco Polo (2014)
Nick Offerman: American Ham (2014)

Available December 18th-23rd:

All Hail King Julien (2014)
Dark Skies (2013)
The Honourable Woman: Season One (2013)
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014)
Ragnarok (2014)
Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion (1997)
The Trip to Italy (2014)

Available December 24th-30th:

Behaving Badly (2014)
Child of God (2014)
Comedy Bang! Bang!: Season Three (2013)
Good People (2014)
I, Frankenstein (2014)
Jessie: Season Three (2013)
Labor Day (2013)
Last Weekend (2014)
Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return (2014)
Maron: Season 2 (2013)

Netflix's December ads. Looks like a good month. Bummer we don't get Christmas Vacation this year.

Kaladin

Finally, Coven.

Thanks for posting. Will add it to the OP later.

Coven wasn't as good as the other seasons.

I'm looking forward to Oculus, Sharknado 2, Son Of God, Parts Unknown: Season Three, Wolf Of Wall Street, Marco Polo, Broadchurch, Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones and I, Frankenstein at least.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah, I'm going in with low expectations.

Oculus I heard was a nice surprise. Paranormal is a must for any fans of the series.

Coven wasn't as good as the other seasons.

I'm looking forward to Oculus, Sharknado 2, Son Of God, Parts Unknown: Season Three, Wolf Of Wall Street, Marco Polo, Broadchurch, Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones and I, Frankenstein at least.

Sharknado 2 has none of the magic of the first one. It's just plain, old bad. I couldn't even finish it. I was highly disappointed. Wolf of Wall Street and Oculus are pretty good. I enjoyed I, Frankenstein as well but, I know a few on here didn't.

Marco Polo is one I want to check out, as well as Son of God.

And, yeah, Coven is the weakest of the AHS seasons thus far.

jakncoke

Banned
Wish Bates motel season 2 would come up soon lol

Mel Brooks: Makes a Noise, good doc asking him questions and what not about his career

Jack Reacher: pretty average. most here have probably seen it so i wont go into further detail not that ever do hahah.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Available December 8th-11th:

Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown: Season Three (2013)
A Haunted House 2 (2014)
Drive Hard (2014)
I Am Ali (2014)
The Village (2004)
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

Oh yes.

kinn

Finally watched all of Arrested Development. S4 defo takes a bit of a dive in quality. Is there going to be another season? Heard theres talk about a movie.

Any other shows like this one? Gonna miss it!

Finally watched all of Arrested Development. S4 defo takes a bit of a dive in quality. Is there going to be another season? Heard theres talk about a movie.

I wouldn't say its like Arrested development, but have you seen Parks and Recreation? I really enjoy that

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
She's good in Coven. Is it weird that
I find her incredibly attractive?

No...I am too.

I think Netflix is trying to bring it back for another season. Haven't heard any news in months about it.

It is hard to recommend shows since AD is god tier.

But, check out some of the following:

The League
Archer
It is Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Bob's Burgers
Better Off Ted
Parks and Recreation
Community

Nyx

So…. At 22:30 last night I decided to watch one episode of The Killing, bad idea, it became 3 episodes and now I’m sleepy at work…

Damn cliffhangers! :D

On about ep 13 of agents of shield, still hasn't gripped me yet. Been multitasking things while watching. still holding out hope haha :/

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Happy Thanksgiving day everyone!

Added today:

30 for 30: Brothers in Exile (TV, Documentary, Sports)
Angelina Ballerina: On With The Show, Perfectly Pink, Twirling Tales(Kids)
Barney: Happy Birthday Barney! (Kids)
Bomb Girls Season 3 (TV, Drama)
Children's Favorites: Vol. 2 (Kids)
HIT Favorites: Friends & Family (Kids)
Moebius (Thriller, Foreign)
Thomas & Friends: Great Being an Engine, King of the Railway, Santa's Little Engine (Kids)
VeggieTales in the House Season 1 (TV, Kids)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So…. At 22:30 last night I decided to watch one episode of The Killing, bad idea, it became 3 episodes and now I’m sleepy at work…

Damn cliffhangers! :D

This is the reason I'm not starting any new series until my finals are completely done with. Damn Marco Polo date.

Oculus is indeed pretty solid. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Excellent. Looking forward to watching it.

3rd episode of Coven: What the fuck am I watching?

Edit:
5th episode: This is hilarious.

So-bad-its-good type of episodes?

El Topo

So-bad-its-good type of episodes?

Pretty much. I'm entertained, even though it's obvious that the plot won't go anywhere, but I just can't hate a show where
someone cuts zombies into pieces using a chainsaw, Evil Dead style

Edit:
Yeah, I'm still entertained, but watching the show makes you wonder how much better it could've been with a clear direction.

Nyx

This is the reason I'm not starting any new series until my finals are completely done with. Damn Marco Polo date.

Wise decision! :D

Finished EP8 of Season 1 last night, the plot thickens, it started off slow but it gets better and better.

TCRS

Banned
HOLY FUCKING SHIT NETFLIX ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

I just finished watching sons of anarchy season 6 episode 3. it then changes to that other window where you can start the next episode and the description for the next episode SPOILS the next episode! WHAT THE FUCK AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

netflix germany has a very good selection of classic movies btw. a lot of stuff I haven't seen in a long time but is worth rewatching. Heat, Departed, Scarface, Seven and a lot more.

El Topo

netflix germany has a very good selection of classic movies btw. a lot of stuff I haven't seen in a long time but is worth rewatching. Heat, Departed, Scarface, Seven and a lot more.

There's some decent older movies, but I honestly feel that Maxdome is quite a bit ahead in the movie department, e.g. if you compare the horror movies section. Still, as a Netflix user I've already gotten my fair share of enjoyment, I can't complain.

On about ep 13 of agents of shield, still hasn't gripped me yet. Been multitasking things while watching. still holding out hope haha :/
Alright so things finally picked up for me. I think it was the end of ep 15 or 16, had one of those end credit moments that makes you go "oh shit". Episode 18 now and I'm starting to care, a lot of shit earlier in the season I didn't care for. Might end up finishing s1 tonight, hope it ends strong.

rexor0717

Alright so things finally picked up for me. I think it was the end of ep 15 or 16, had one of those end credit moments that makes you go "oh shit". Episode 18 now and I'm starting to care, a lot of shit earlier in the season I didn't care for. Might end up finishing s1 tonight, hope it ends strong.

If you're ok with where you're at now, season 2 is going to be a huge improvement in quality.

Pluto

I'm watching American Horror Story Coven on Netflix Germany right now, I like it more than last time, I just finished episode 7.

Halloweeen III : Season of the Witch is on Netflix Norway!

It is almost time, kids...

I love the movie. So bad its good.

I watched it a few months (a year?) ago to go along with the How Did This Get Made podcast episode of it and I absolutely loved it. The sleazy, drunk dad is the best.

Ten more days to Halloween, Halloween, Halloween. Ten more days to Halloween. Silver Shamrock!

Aiii

So not worth it
Finally started Lilyhammer. Don't know what took me so long (just finished season two), this shit is brilliant.

sfedai0

Banned
Shield is so fucking terrible. I knew going in there would be no superhero action, but this show just feels so empty. If it wasn't named Shield, I wouldnt be so disappointed. It would be just your average action drama.

RedAssedApe

Banned
has anyone watched The One I Love?

Shield is so fucking terrible. I knew going in there would be no superhero action, but this show just feels so empty. If it wasn't named Shield, I wouldnt be so disappointed. It would be just your average action drama.

yeah shield is pretty awful. i watched the first few episodes and was bored out of my mind. its supposedly better now. i jumped back in for a few post-The Winter Soldier episodes but even with those tie-ins i still could not get into the show.

arrow is way better.

Sayter

It really is. I couldn't finish ep 7 it was so bad.

has anyone watched The One I Love?

yeah shield is pretty awful. i watched the first few episodes and was bored out of my mind. its supposedly better now. i jumped back in for a few post-The Winter Soldier episodes but even with those tie-ins i still could not get into the show.

arrow is way better.
I gotta admit when i first started it, had no idea where the show was going. Thought about quitting. S1 took a long time for it to get interesting for me, the final stretch to be exact ep 16ish to the end. It takes so long to pick up I understand if people drop it. But I thought s1 did end pretty well, and I started s2 and its way better so far.

Top Bottom