• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

andycapps

Really enjoyed Peaky Blinders, both seasons. Was really craving more of that afterwards so saw Copper recommended. Pretty good so far, another BBC show.

jakncoke

Banned
Finished up the no reservations collection yesterday(another that should have all the episodes and not them cherry picking 25) and season 2 of mind of a chef. season 2 was decent but wasnt on par on season 1 imo

Just finished marathoning Futurama. I hadn't seen all of the revival episodes. I still think the movies are poor, and the new seasons had a few missteps in the beginning, but they got back into it and there were some great episodes in there.

The finale was very sweet.

Finished up the no reservations collection yesterday(another that should have all the episodes and not them cherry picking 25) and season 2 of mind of a chef. season 2 was decent but wasnt on par on season 1 imo

Season 1 is so good. David Chang is really charismatic.

jakncoke

Banned

fat-jonah-excited.gif

that heavenly sword thing that came is related to the game? neat, i think i was like like 1 of very few that enjoyed that game.

amrod

Disney's Gargoyles - Season 1 (1994) added to Netflix Panama, Brazil
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) (G) Added to Netflix Swiss

Moozo

Has anyone made a list of Christmas movies available on Netflix yet?

I will probably do one for myself of just ones I'm interested in/have seen/know are of at least a decent quality across all regions. I can post it here if it's lengthy enough

Slacker

Since walking dead is over until February, I need a new show to watch. Is Breaking Bad a must watch?

Breaking Bad actually ruined Walking Dead for me. In BB (mostly in the later seasons) about 50 things happen per episode. In WD it's more like 2 things every 14 episodes. I got whiplash going from one to the other and ended up wandering away from WD.

Been watching American horror story on ep 12 s1
About the maid,
and it just hit me why the hell is the maid old? All the other ghosts appear the age they were upon death.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Been watching American horror story on ep 12 s1
About the maid,
and it just hit me why the hell is the maid old? All the other ghosts appear the age they were upon death.

IIRC she
died young when constance caught her husband trying to have sex with her
. Dudes see her in her young form and the girls see her as the old lady.

IIRC she
died young when constance caught her husband trying to have sex with her
. Dudes see her in her young form and the girls see her as the old lady.
Yeah I got that part.
But still all the characters who died stayed at that age, like the little kids, the nurses, and the doctors. So just don't see why she aged in death haha. Maybe just over thinking it lol

Fake edit: I guess it kinda makes sense when I think about, idk
Edit 2: finished s1 and thought about it, I wont accept this! To me seems like a plot hole

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yeah I got that part.
But still all the characters who died stayed at that age, like the little kids, the nurses, and the doctors. So just don't see why she aged in death haha. Maybe just over thinking it lol

Edit 2: finished s1 and thought about it, I wont accept this! To me seems like a plot hole

deal with it! jk...i dunno its just one of those things you just kind of have to accept. i mean...its not like its that far fetched for the type of show it is lol and it does play into the whole infidelity thing that seems core to that season

I can't believe I watched almost all of season 1 of The Killing yesterday. I love just marathoning shows while kinda multitasking on other little things depending on the scenes. Overall it was a really enjoyable detective thriller that I couldn't stop watching. So glad I don't have to wait weeks to see what happens next. Glad to hear season 3 is good and I look forward to seeing more.

But for some reason every time I saw the dad I thought I was watching Louie CK. That actor looks so much like him.

Yeah I got that part.

IIRC,
the people in the house see what they want to see in regards to her. What is seen is controlled by the ghosts in that they can let you see them but, the people see them how they want to.

It's been a while since I've watched season one though so I'm a little foggy on the exact reason why. There is one though.

tariniel

I started watching Trailer Park Boys 1 week ago and I'm nearly finished with season 4. This is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, Ricky is the best and suits my sense of humor perfectly.

amrod

Looking at random regions I see added

Canada
The Godfather, 2 , 3

UK
Dallas Buyers Club (2013)

Argentina / Brazil / Mexico
A Most Wanted Man (2014)
Behaving Badly (2014)

Moozo

Right, here's an all regions list of good quality Christmas films.
It's absolutely not exhaustive, they're either ones I've seen and thought were at least OK or ones I cross-referenced with IMDB to make sure they weren't totally awful. There's a lot of TV movies and things I had to sift through. If there's some really key ones missing then obviously point them out. (Putting this together has made me realise how much we are still left wanting with regards to all-region search engines; the results are mostly inconsistent across numerous sites.)
The way I've sorted the regions listed is by alphabet. The first region listed is the first, alphabetically, it's available on. Then I've also listed if it's on UK, USA or Canada just in case.

Arthur Christmas (2011) Canada
A Christmas Carol (2009, animated) Austria *
A Christmas Story (1983) Denmark, coming 24 Dec *
Bad Santa (2004) Austria *
Christmas With The Kranks (2004) Canada
Deck The Halls (2006) Austria
Dutch (1991) USA
Elf (2003) Austria
Fred Claus (2007) Canada
Frozen (2013) Netherlands
The Grinch (2000) Canada
Home Alone (1990) Argentina
Home Alone 2 (1992) Argentina
Love Actually (2003) Austria, Canada, USA
Miracle On 34th Street (1994) Argentina, Canada
Miracle On 34th Street (1947) Canada
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) USA *
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989) Canada
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) Argentina *
One Magic Christmas (1985) Belgium *
Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987) Argentina, USA
The Polar Express (2004) Belgium
Scrooged (1988) Ireland, UK, USA *
White Christmas (1954) USA

* Films I haven't seen but IMDB has rated them as OK and above.

Additionally, here are some classic British TV movies/specials. Obviously, there's hundreds to choose from and I couldn't possibly list them all, but these are some of the great ones that work really well as standalone episodes/short films. They're all comedies, by the way.

Black Adder's A Christmas Carol (1988) USA
Knowing Me Knowing Yule (Alan Partridge) (1995) UK
Mr. Bean: The Whole Bean [S1E7, Merry Christmas Mr. Bean] (1992) Netherlands
The Vicar Of Dibley [S2E2, The Christmas Lunch Incident] (1996) USA
The Vicar Of Dibley [S3E2, Winter] (1999) USA
The Vicar Of Dibley Christmas Specials [2 episodes] (2004) USA

Moozo

Just realised I've listed 24 movies there, so if you wanted to you could do some kind of one a day thing with those.

Nyx

Finished season 2 of The Killing USA

Spoilers for the ending:
Jamie and Terry, ho-ly shit, never saw that coming... Felt sorry for Terry too...
Curious where the next 2 seasons go!

I've been turned off by thick accents and shows having too much British humor and such.

The trailer doesn't seem too bad, so I'll give it a shot.

British humour. You're a Neil Gaiman fan right? AKA Mr English McEnglishman.

It's a good show, I think you should be able to understand it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Sorry I haven't been updating the past few days. I just moved and no internet (hopefully today).

Here are some things that were added. If I get my connection back, I will make a big list.

Oculus
Eureka Seven S2
Legends of the Knight
Ali
Almost Famous
American Beauty
Apocalypse Now/Redux
Batman Forever
James Bond movies
A Knights Tale
Mission Impossible
The Truman Show