• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

I've been turned off by thick accents and shows having too much British humor and such.

The trailer doesn't seem too bad, so I'll give it a shot.

I'm the same. It's not too bad British wise. Although, I've watched season one and I don't think it's as good as people are making it out to be though. Just my .02 though.

Kaladin

Peaky Blinders is almost too British to me. I can enjoy it, but I can't watch it in the background and still follow it.

moojito

I watched The lookout the other day. It was pretty good. It's about a guy who was in a car accident and has long term memory issues due to a head injury, working in a bank in a small town, and some folk talk him into helping them rob it.

87% on RT, that's maybe a bit higher than I would have given it, but it's definitely worth a watch.

I also saw Rounders the other week. It's about a guy who is trying to give up playing poker after losing all his money, then his bad influence friend gets out of prison and ropes him back into it. An interesting look into a world I've never seen much about before. Only 65% on on RT! I would have rated it much higher. I clearly know nothing about film :)

Thanks to you guys i´m watching The Killing right now and just saw S2E11. Really liking it. Spoilers for the episode.

First of all, Linden showing the key card in the elevator into the camera was hilarious. So smug.

And what a twist, the key card belongs to someone in the Richmond campaign. Ahhhh

Bleepey

Any recommendations of Thrillers with great plot twists without being the Usual Suspects.Pun intended. Something i can have on the background.

Nyx

I can't state it enough, Bar Rescue (Netflix Canada) is pure comedy gold.

It's so bad, that it's good.

tumblr_mrffnm0zAY1rsxy9mo1_500.jpg

Any recommendations of Thrillers with great plot twists without being the Usual Suspects.Pun intended. Something i can have on the background.

Seen 13 Sins ? Pretty cool thriller and not well known I think.

Kaladin

Started watching Myth Hunters last night. I love these kinds of shows and this one surprised me by going over the history of people hunting for the myth instead of going on their own hunt.

Loved the first episode featuring Noah's Arc.

Bleepey

I can't state it enough, Bar Rescue (Netflix Canada) is pure comedy gold.

It's so bad, that it's good.

tumblr_mrffnm0zAY1rsxy9mo1_500.jpg

Seen 13 Sins ? Pretty cool thriller and not well known I think.

I started watching the original a few years back but I never finished it. The movie wasn't bad, I personally liked the twist(s) more than the film.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added the past week:

007: For Your Eyes Only, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Live and Let Die, Never Say Never, A View to a Kill, You Only Live Twice (Action, Thriller)

1000 to 1: The Cory Weissman Story (Drama)
2 Days in the Valley (Indie, Dark, Comedy)
30 for 30: Rand University (TV, Documentary, Sports)
4 Minute Mile (Drama)
A Knight's Tale (Drama, Romantic)
About Cherry (Indie, Drama)
Adios Sabata (Western, Foreign)

Ali (Drama)
All Hail King Julien (Trailer, Netflix Original)
Almost Famous (Drama)
Aluna (Documentary)
American Beauty (Drama)
An Innocent Man (Drama)

Andrew Jenks, Room 335 (Documentary, Social)
Apocalypse Now/Redux (Drama, War)
Batman Forever (Action)
Bewitched ('05, Romantic, Comedy)
Big and Small (Kids)
Bill Burr: I'm Sorry You Feel That Way (Trailer, Netflix Orginal)

Black Mirror Season 1-2 (TV, Drama, SciFi)
Black Ops Season 2 (TV, Documentary)
Black Rain (Action, Thriller)
Breaking The Taboo (Documentary, Cultural)
Brightest Star (Indie, Romantic, Drama)

Camp Takota (Drama)
Chanuka at Bubbe's (Kids)
Christmas on Salvation Street (Family, Drama)
Chuggington Season 1-3 (TV, Kids)
Crossroads (Romantic, Drama)
Damien: Omen II (Horror)

Darius Goes West: The Roll of His Life (Documentary, Biographical/Darius Weems)
Darkness (Horror, Supernatural)
Dracula II: Ascension (Horror)
Eureka Seven Season 1-2 (Anime)
Frequencies (Indie, Romantic, SciFi)
Friday the 13th 1-6, 8 (Horror, Slasher)

G.I. Jane (Drama)
Hammett (Drama)
Heavenly Sword (Anime)
Hondo (Western)
House of Flying Daggers (Action, Martial Arts, Foreign)

In Need of Romance (TV, Drama, Korean)
Jade (Thriller)
Jewtopia (Romantic, Comedy)
Knights of Badassdom (Indie, Comedy)
Labyrinth (Family)

Last Night (Indie, Drama, Romantic)
Legends of the Fall (Drama)
Legends of the Knight (Documentary, Social)
Madison (Indie, Drama, Sports)
McConkey (Documentary, Biographical/Shane McConkey)

Medora (Documentary, Sports)
Mission: Impossible (Action, Thriller)
Mosquita y Mari (Indie, Drama)
Myth Hunters Series 2 (TV, Reality)
Necessary Roughness (Comedy)

Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (Horror)
Oculus (Horror, Supernatural)
Omen III: The Final Conflict (Horror)
One from the Heart (Indie, Drama, Romantic)
Out of the Clear Blue Sky (Documentary, Social)
Out of Time (Thriller)

Outside Providence (Romantic, Comedy)
Panic Room (Thriller)
Perfect Sisters (Thriller)
Reincarnation (Horror, Foreign)
Ride Out For Revenge (Drama)
Runaway Train (Action, Thriller)

Saturday Night Fever (Drama)
Seven Years in Tibet (Drama)
Shut Up & Let's Go (TV, Drama, Korean)
Stomp the Yard: Homecoming (Drama)
Stuart Little 2 (Family)

The Dark Crystal (Family, SciFi)
The Deadly Bees (B-Horror)
The Dentist (Horror)
The Dentist 2: Brace Yourself (B-Horror)
The Escape Artist (Drama)

The Grand Seduction (Indie, Comedy)
The Hustler (Drama)
The Living Daylights (Action, Thriller)
The Magic of Heineken (Documentary)
The Omen (Horror)

The Out-of-Towners (comedy)
The People That Time Forgot (Action, SciFi)
The Truman Show (Drama)
Trailer Park Boys: Don't Legalize It (Comedy)
Velvet Season 1 (TV, Drama)

Mr.Swag

Banned
Headhunters is amazing. But you can't have it in the background because it has subtitles.

But it is definitely worth watching

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This kinda seems counter-intuitive. Shouldn't a "background movie" be light on plot?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Part of the reason Die Hard no longer shows up at Christmas. Last time it was on Netflix during Christmas was 2012.

Bleepey

This kinda seems counter-intuitive. Shouldn't a "background movie" be light on plot?

I watched something like Primal Fear, Ashes to Ashes, Savages whilst doing other shit. They could be watched or more appropriately listened to without paying too much attention to it. Also, are there any shows or movies with good cat and mouse going on? The Shield, Breaking Bad, Infernal Affairs are some obvious ones I have liked and scene.

tchocky

I watched something like Primal Fear, Ashes to Ashes, Savages whilst doing other shit. They could be watched or more appropriately listened to without paying too much attention to it. Also, are there any shows or movies with good cat and mouse going on? The Shield, Breaking Bad, Infernal Affairs are some obvious ones I have liked and scene.

Hannibal is really great.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Scrubs is expiring on January 4th. :(

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Nightbreed - I was just thinking about this movie a couple of weeks ago. Never saw the movie, but had the 'interactive' movie game for the amiga.

My sincerest apologies to GK86. I've failed in my updating duties. Catch up time:

Added Dec 6
American Horror Story - Season 3
Anchorman 2 (Super Sized Version)
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
Ava & Lala
The Improv: 50 Years Behind the Brick Wall
King of Devil's Island
Sharknado 2: The Second One

Added Dec 5
Ali
Decoding Annie Parker
Dogs with Jobs - s1, s2
Legendary
Mighty Machines - s1, s2, s3

Added Dec 4
Ben 10 - s1
Camp Takota
The Deadly Bees
Frontera
GI Jane
A Knight's Tale
Labyrinth
Legends of the Knight
Necessary Roughness
The Preacher's Wife

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Almost done with the first season of Derek... tbh I think this is the best thing Ricky Gervais has done, better than Extras or The Office. I don't think a show has ever been this hilarious and tragic in the span of one minute.

It flew under the radar for me because you hardly see anyone talk about this show, but it's so good! I'm going to binge-watch the rest later this weekend. Absolutely adore it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Expiring soon:

Brothers & Sisters 1/4
Scrubs 1/4
Greak 1/4
Beast Wars: Transformers 1/1
Transformers (show) 1/1

Almost done with the first season of Derek... tbh I think this is the best thing Ricky Gervais has done, better than Extras or The Office. I don't think a show has ever been this hilarious and tragic in the span of one minute.

It flew under the radar for me because you hardly see anyone talk about this show, but it's so good! I'm going to binge-watch the rest later this weekend. Absolutely adore it.

I thought it was a good show. I went into it blind like you did. There is a certain charm to it. I haven't gotten around to watching the second season.

vatstep

I thought S1 of Derek was okay, but I hated S2 for some reason; I just forced myself through it since it's so short. I just can't stand the character. I'm sure that makes me a terrible person (which I already knew).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I thought S1 of Derek was okay, but I hated S2 for some reason; I just forced myself through it since it's so short. I just can't stand the character. I'm sure that makes me a terrible person (which I already knew).

It is definitely a love/hate type of show. My buddy felt the same way. He couldn't stand the Derek character (although, I think he hates Ricky) either.

TCRS

Banned
guys my subtitles haven't been working for a couple of days now. how do I fix this? I want to watch a chinese movie so it's essential!

guys my subtitles haven't been working for a couple of days now. how do I fix this? I want to watch a chinese movie so it's essential!

Are you sure all subs are broken? Sometimes Netflix' copies of foreign movies just don't have subs included for whatever reason.

What do you mean?

Probably means the episode descriptions, which show up on screen during the autoplay transitions. Definitely something Netflix needs to change in their UI for that.

jakncoke

Banned
A2 was terrible. I don't remember which version I watched, but I want to bleach it from my memory.

Yeah it was pretty average. Seen stuff way worse though lol

In other jakncoke netflix news

Happy Christmas: was decent but Drinking Buddies from this director far superior

Saturday Night Fever: i really thought id dislike this going into it. turned out to be decent

Burts Buzz: pretty decent doc about the man behind the lipbalm that basically got pushed out his own idea and went up to Maine to live his days out

TCRS

Banned
What do you mean?

the description for the next episode at the end of episodes 4 and 5 blatantly spoiled the next episodes. like major events. I don't get it wtf. some intern probably wrote that and they never bothered to check.

regarding the subtitles they seem to be working fine on firefox which is using silverlight. I usually watch on chrome with the html5 player and there I've been having this issue for a couple of days now. oh and I use hola unblocker. but it's working for now, gonna watch infernal affairs now!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Derek also really took me by surprise. I found the first season to be quite affecting (though the second was only so-so).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Oculus: When I watched the trailers, I thought it looked stupid and another lame horror flick. I will happily admit I was wrong. This is a really good horror movie. It is a slow burn for the most part, with great atmosphere throughout. More psychological than jump scares. The way the story telling is executed is a nice touch. Reading reviews online, most people seem to have a problem with the ending, but I loved it.

C4Lukins

Oculus: When I watched the trailers, I thought it looked stupid and another lame horror flick. I will happily admit I was wrong. This is a really good horror movie. It is a slow burn for the most part, with great atmosphere throughout. More psychological than jump scares. The way the story telling is executed is a nice touch. Reading reviews online, most people seem to have a problem with the ending, but I loved it.

I thought it was a mess. It started out promising though. I preffered Absentia by the same director.

Top Bottom