• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Oh neat, Eureka Seven is up. Probably my favorite anime in recent years. It might seem lighthearted at first, but there is some damn good drama and sci fi to see if you give it a chance. One of the greatest anime antagonists ever IMO. Final episodes were incredible stuff. Even though I own the DVDs already I might have to marathon this via Netflix since it's so easy to do.

Finished The Killing season 4. Wasn't expecting only 6 episodes, but I felt that it ended strong. I teared-up a bit at the end too. For some reason I was expecting 8 eps because I avert my eyes while scrolling through the list. The final 2 slots were trailers for season 4 lol. Enjoyed all four seasons and am glad I watched the series.

Don't forget it's a parody on soap-opera's.
And a psychological horror comedy. And a Dramatic Thriller. With some other truly weird stuff.

But terrible characters? Oof. I thought they where all really great, with some interesting character-arcs. Impressive acting from time to time. (Bob is incredibly scary)
Just finished watching the series two day's ago, actually, and I loved it. An enormously atmospheric trip through a wonderful little town and it's horrific, bizarre darker side. I immediately felt the urge to watch it all over again, which only Chuck has been able to do for me thus far. (something completely different, I know)

Planning on watching Fire, Walk With Me today. Heard some really mixed things about that one. Intrigued.
I've had no experience with David Lynch's work before this, but I'm really interested in his work as a director thanks to Season 1. It really impressed me. His lack of influence in Season 2 was very noticeable. Still a great season, though. I actually liked the "pointless" episodes, thanks to the earlier mentioned atmosphere and wonderful characters. Great casting as well. Andy's such a wonderful schmuck.

I don't know im hooked watching but im just not feeling a some of it.

Cooper and the Sheriff department characters are all good, but god Shelly, James, Donna, Nadine and Jacoby I couldn't care less about and have way too much screen time.
Laura's dad has to be one of the worst characters I have ever seen in a tv series.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Holy crap, the 10th ep of House of Cards was brilliant
with russo getting set up.
All the earlier eps were building up to this, fantastic tv.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I finished up S1 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Loved it. One of my favorite comedies in recent years. Loved the women on the show. Each were hilarious in their own way.

Just watched Knights of Badassdom and it was actually pretty dope. It stars Ryan Kwanten (True Blood), Peter Dinklage, Steve Zahn, Summer Glau, and and bunch of actors that will make you say "Oh it's THAT dude."

Nice comedy/action movie made with a smaller budget. Think fantasy/larp version of Fanboys with just a touch of Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

36 Saints (Thriller)
A Haunted House 2 (Horror, Comedy)
Drive Hard (Action)
Fanny (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
I Am Ali (Documentary, Biographical/Muhammad Ali)
I Am Yours (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
InRealLife (Documentary, Social)
Korengal (Documentary, Cultural)
Marius (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
It's Such a Beautiful Day (Indie, Shorts)
The Village (Thriller)
The Wolf of Wall Street (Drama)

strafer

Added today:

36 Saints (Thriller)
A Haunted House 2 (Horror, Comedy)
Drive Hard (Action)
Fanny (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
I Am Ali (Documentary, Biographical/Muhammad Ali)
I Am Yours (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
InRealLife (Documentary, Social)
Korengal (Documentary, Cultural)
Marius (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
It's Such a Beautiful Day (Indie, Shorts)
The Village (Thriller)
The Wolf of Wall Street (Drama)

hnnnnng

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Braodchurch Season 1 (TV, Drama, Crime)
In Your Eyes (Drama)
Marco Polo Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Nick Offerman: American Ham (Standup)

Watched Anchorman 2. Was kinda disappointed, it got a lot of hype on OT. Didn't think it was as good as Anchorman 1 but still had some laughs. Still worth a watch I suppose

Just finished Bad Grandpa Unrated was pretty funny, I had a good amount of hearty Laughs.
I almost died when he took his pants off in that strip bar

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I watched Turbo. It was alright. Kinda slow in the beginning, picks up a bit afterwards. Could have been better.

Just went to watch Superman II, but got told by Netflix that "this movie is not available in your country (US)" (Can't remember the exact wording of the message though). We have a US account, but I was using unblock.us to change our region to Denmark where the movie is available.

What's weird is that in the app status, it showed that I was in the Denmark region, but still wouldn't show the movie.

Has anyone seen messages like this before? Any workarounds?

tchocky

Just went to watch Superman II, but got told by Netflix that "this movie is not available in your country (US)" (Can't remember the exact wording of the message though). We have a US account, but I was using unblock.us to change our region to Denmark where the movie is available.

What's weird is that in the app status, it showed that I was in the Denmark region, but still wouldn't show the movie.

Has anyone seen messages like this before? Any workarounds?

I had it before and I think it was only temporary. Maybe try try logging out and back in or clearing your cache and see if that works.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Chinese Puzzle (Comedy, Foreign)
Don't Blink (Horror)
Mystery Road (Thriller, Foreign)

Captain America: Winter Soldier popped up on the Dutch Netflix, I assume it is on maybe some different regions too.

Three of the six blurays I bought in the past two weeks are suddenly added to Netflix...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Captain America: Winter Soldier popped up on the Dutch Netflix, I assume it is on maybe some different regions too.

Three of the six blurays I bought in the past two weeks are suddenly added to Netflix...

Sweet. Time to see what the fuss is about.

Kaladin

I started watching Revenge last night. For an ABC teen drama, it's not all bad. It seems to avoid some of the CW teen drama tropes and the main character's revenge plots can be epic. I don't know if I'll stick with it.

I also watched Planes Trains and Automobiles. I was in the mood for a Christmas movie and came up on that one. I watched this as a kid (6 at the time it came out) and it still holds up. It is a very 80's movie....like I feel like a lot of younger people wouldn't even identify with the scenario because of how much the internet has changed everything.

My friends have said the same thing. Looking forward to it, but also going in with high expectations.

I experienced the same.

Imo the expectations were set a bit too high. I didn't like the villain as much. Certainly an improvement over most over the single hero Marvel movies though, the action looks a lot more substantial.

Bleepey

I started watching Revenge last night. For an ABC teen drama, it's not all bad. It seems to avoid some of the CW teen drama tropes and the main character's revenge plots can be epic. I don't know if I'll stick with it.

I also watched Planes Trains and Automobiles. I was in the mood for a Christmas movie and came up on that one. I watched this as a kid (6 at the time it came out) and it still holds up. It is a very 80's movie....like I feel like a lot of younger people wouldn't even identify with the scenario because of how much the internet has changed everything.
Is Revenge that good? There's something about it that loos too... feminine. As in I am not its target demographic. That said I watched and loved all * seasons of Desperate Housewives so I am not sure if that's the reason.

As a PSA, I started watching Silk and a lot of other courtroom dramas (any movie or TV show recommendations would be welcome (though I don't see the hype for suits), I loved My Cousin Vinny, A few good men was decent as was Rules of Engagement.

tchocky

Is Revenge that good? There's something about it that loos too... feminine. As in I am not its target demographic. That said I watched and loved all * seasons of Desperate Housewives so I am not sure if that's the reason.

As a PSA, I started watching Silk and a lot of other courtroom dramas (any movie or TV show recommendations would be welcome (though I don't see the hype for suits), I loved My Cousin Vinny, A few good men was decent as was Rules of Engagement.

If you want court room tv you need to watch The Good Wife if you haven't already.

Top Bottom