• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Bleepey

If you want court room tv you need to watch The Good Wife if you haven't already.

I heard it's amazing and it cures cancer but from the 3 or so episodes i saw it did nothing for me. I might marathon a season tomorrow to see if it's good. I am presently watching The Rainmaker. I like it.

Kaladin

Is Revenge that good? There's something about it that loos too... feminine. As in I am not its target demographic. That said I watched and loved all * seasons of Desperate Housewives so I am not sure if that's the reason.

As a PSA, I started watching Silk and a lot of other courtroom dramas (any movie or TV show recommendations would be welcome (though I don't see the hype for suits), I loved My Cousin Vinny, A few good men was decent as was Rules of Engagement.

I'm not far enough in to know yet, but it isn't too feminine.....it is what it says it is. It's a girl moving into the Hamptons to get revenge on the people who live there. I'm curious to see how far they take the theme, but it has gone for several seasons so I'll let you know.

Kaladin

I watched Oculus last night. It was okay....the story itself was kinda by the book, but Karen Gillan is great at these kind of stories and the movie would have died without her. Also, I have a hard time taking Katee Sackhoff seriously in a non-military / authority role.

Also, any sane person would take one look at that mirror and be too creeped out to have it in their home.

jred2k

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/netflix-are-movies-tv-shows-757555

Leaving on Jan. 1

12 Angry Men (1957)
A Mighty Heart (2007)
A River Runs Through It (1992)
Backdraft (1991)
Bad Boys (1995)
Batman (1989)
Beethoven (1992)
Beethoven's 2nd (1993)
Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
Big Trouble in Little China (1986)
Boyz n the Hood (1991)
Braveheart (1995)
Can't Buy Me Love (1987)
Carrie (1976)
D3: The Mighty Ducks (1996)
Duck Soup (1933)
Far and Away (1992)
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero; Seasons 1-2 (1983­ and 1986)
Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985)
Gladiator (2000)
Good Burger (1997)
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)
Happy Gilmore (1996)
Hitch (2005)
Hotel Rwanda (2004)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)
Kiss the Girls (1997)
Kramer vs. Kramer (1979)
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)
Love Actually (2003)
Manhattan (1979)
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)
My Girl (1991)
My Girl 2 (1994)
Red Dawn (1984)
Rocky I­V (1976­1990)
Roman Holiday (1953)
Saved! (2004)
Scary Movie 2 (2001)
Spaceballs (1987)
Stargate (1994)
Taylor Swift: Journey to Fearless (2010)
The Bad News Bears Go to Japan! (1978)
The Brady Bunch Movie (1995)
The Breakfast Club (1985)
The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)
The Company Men (2010)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
The Grapes of Wrath (1940)
The Longest Yard (1974(
The Mighty Ducks (1992)
The Original Kings of Comedy (2000)
The Parent Trap (1998)
The Phantom of the Opera (1989)
The Usual Suspects (1995)
The Wedding Planner (2001)
Titanic (1997)
Tombstone (1993)
Transformers: Generation 1; Seasons 1­-4 (1984­-1987)
Turner and Hooch (1989)
You've Got Mail (1998)

Kaladin

From the same source:
Here's a list of the movies and television shows coming to Netflix in January:

Available Jan. 1

101 Dalmatians (1996)
Bad Boys II (2003)
Batman & Robin (1997)
Bruce Almighty (2003)
Cast Away (2000)
Dallas: Season 3 (2012)
Get Low (2009)
Election (1999)
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
Fort Bliss (2014)
Friends: Complete Series (1994-2004)
Jeepers Creepers 2 (2003)
Mean Girls (2004)
Shall We Dance? (2004)
To Be Takei (2014)
The French Connection (1971)
The Quiet Man (1952)
The War of the Worlds (1953)
Wayne's World 2 (1993)

Available Jan. 3

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014)
White Collar: Season 5

Available Jan. 7

Brick Mansions (2014)

Available Jan. 8

Frank (2014)
Psych: Season 8

Available Jan. 9

Z Nation: Season 1

Available Jan. 13

Being Human: Season 4 (U.S.)

Available Jan. 15

Wolfblood: Season 3 (2014)

Available Jan. 16

The Adventures of Puss in Boots: Season 1
The Fall: Season 2
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (2011)

Available Jan. 28

Beauty & the Beast: Season 2
Chef (2014)

Fuck yeah for Z-Nation and The Fall Season 2....also interested in that Jack Ryan movie.

komarkaze

Finished watching In Your Eyes this evening. It's the movie written by Joss Whedon back in 1992 but released this year through his independent production company. It is fantastic. It's a romantic film about a man and woman who are psychically connected throughout their whole lives. It has funny lines and a lot of heart. My wife loves it so much she literally could not walk. It's like a supernatural allegory for a long distance relationship. Highly recommended.

Nyx

Season 12 of Family Guy so far is pretty weak… (7 EP’s in)

Hope we get the latest American Dad season soon too.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Agatha Christie's Point Series 7-11 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Ai Weiwei: The Fake Case (Documentary, Cultural)
Breastmilk (Documentary, Social)
Could This Be Love (Drama, Romantic)
Dragons: Dawn of the Dragon Racers (Family)
Jack Squared (Comedy)
Keep Your Head Up, Kid: The Don Cherry Story (Drama)
LEGO: Legends of Chima Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Playground (Documentary, Crime)
Ring the Bell (Drama, Sports)
Room on the Broom (Animation)
Roseanne Collection (TV, Comedy)
The Great War Diary Season 1 (TV, Documentary, Historical)
The Gruffalo's/Child (Animation)
Total Drama All Stars (TV, Kids)
Wrath of Grapes: The Don Cherry Story I/II (Drama)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just watched the first episode of Marco Polo. I thought it was good. I must say, I'm loving the Kahn.

Is Roesanne the actual run of the show or just a collection like the title suggests?

It says collection, but it looks like its the first two seasons.

Finished Marco Polo, enjoyed it overall. Took a few episodes to find its footing, but from episode 5 on, I was hooked till the end. Great cinematography, and a really engrossing look at an interesting era

On to the next show. How's Peaky Blinders?

Finished Marco Polo, enjoyed it overall. Took a few episodes to find its footing, but from episode 5 on, I was hooked till the end. Great cinematography, and a really engrossing look at an interesting era

On to the next show. How's Peaky Blinders?

It's really good actually. Cillian Murphy is amazing, tearing it up being cold and brutal.

El Topo

I like Hemlock Grove. :(

I like the show as well, but the writing is absolutely atrocious. Plot lines are dropped or developed in completely bizarre ways, characters behave incredibly nonsensical, the mythology is just bizarre, etc.
Despite that I like most of the cast, I like the general idea and setting and there's quite some fun to be had with the show. I just wish they had sat down and worked on a good plot and less shitty characters.

WTF @ the season 2 ending tho...

Yeah, I just sat there dumbfounded. In a show full of batshit insane (and hilarious) bullshit, that ending took the cake.
Lol that whole s2 finale had me thinking Wtf is this bull? So many times during watching the show I thought " this is not a good show lol" but I kept watching. Season 1s plot turned out to be pretty interesting, s2 took kind of took a wierd turn even for this show. Shelleys character design in s2 is turrible and hilarious.

The cgi in the finale lololol

Destiny is also very attractive, that is all.

Is Revenge that good? There's something about it that loos too... feminine. As in I am not its target demographic. That said I watched and loved all * seasons of Desperate Housewives so I am not sure if that's the reason.

Revenge is pretty good, the only bad thing about it is that sometimes it'll use tropes that you can see coming from a mile away. That being said, I've started to view it as the unofficial female Batman origin show I've been waiting for, which makes it about 10 times better. Seriously, if the series finale included some kind of throwaway comment about Emily moving to a city called Gotham and meeting a mysterious Mr. Wayne, then that would probably be the best thing ever.

Fbh

Gold Member
Damn... just used one of those chrome extensions to watch USA Netflix and it's so damn good.

Probably 5X more shows than the one I get in my region plus newer seasons on almost every show.

Damn, it's just a shame my family can't use it as most of them don't know enough english to watch a show/movie without subtitles

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm two episodes into Marco Polo. Digging it so far. Mainly because the Khan is badass. Is it too late to make the show about him?

Gobias

Banned
Lost in Translation is one of my favorite moves ever, but I have never really heard anything good about Sofia Coppola's other films. How is Somewhere?

tchocky

Lost in Translation is one of my favorite moves ever, but I have never really heard anything good about Sofia Coppola's other films. How is Somewhere?

Somewhere is ok if you don't mind movies where not much happens. Her first movie Virgin Suicides I really enjoyed.

Bleepey

Revenge is pretty good, the only bad thing about it is that sometimes it'll use tropes that you can see coming from a mile away. That being said, I've started to view it as the unofficial female Batman origin show I've been waiting for, which makes it about 10 times better. Seriously, if the series finale included some kind of throwaway comment about Emily moving to a city called Gotham and meeting a mysterious Mr. Wayne, then that would probably be the best thing ever.

Fine, this show is now on my watchlist. I saw this post and this graph:

http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt1837642

And I have to give it a chance.

Kaladin

Watched Broadchurch over the past couple of days. I enjoyed the show, but the ending was
so out of nowhere, it felt like they wrote themselves out of anything that made sense and went with something for shock value.

Shame because it was a really good show till that.

Watched Broadchurch over the past couple of days. I enjoyed the show, but the ending was
so out of nowhere, it felt like they wrote themselves out of anything that made sense and went with something for shock value.

That's probably why they changed it for the US version. Other than that it's the same show note for note. It must be weird to be David Tennant.

hom3land

Somehow found "Long way around" what a great show. It stars Ewan Mcgregor and his friend riding a bike from London to New York. It's like an idiot abroad but with intelligent people. Beautiful landscape and people. What they went through was damn impressive. About to start long way down where they ride down to the tip of Africa.

I worked it out just before it was revealed because when you look at the structure of the show it's blindingly obvious
he's the only non-police character with significant screentime who they don't suspect. I thought it was well done, it made the ending for Ellie utterly crushing.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Somehow found "Long way around" what a great show. It stars Ewan Mcgregor and his friend riding a bike from London to New York. It's like an idiot abroad but with intelligent people. Beautiful landscape and people. What they went through was damn impressive. About to start long way down where they ride down to the tip of Africa.

I have heard of it, but never checked it out. Adding it to my list.

Bleepey

I usually refrain from Watching films made before the 1980s but I heard so many good reviews for Witness for the Prosecution I had to give it a try. Pretty good. I didn't see the twist coming
even if I thought the murderer was a bit of an idiot at the end

Top Bottom