• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

rexor0717

Just watched Almost Famous. Damn, another movie that really struck a chord with me. The only "bad" part was Patrick Fugit couldn't sell me on his serious moments.

Just watched Almost Famous. Damn, another movie that really struck a chord with me. The only "bad" part was Patrick Fugit couldn't sell me on his serious moments.

Is the version on Netflix the regular one or the "Untitled" version? Hunt down the blu ray for the film, as it has the "Untitled" director's cut where it ads like 40 minutes into the film, usually through small additions to scenes but it adds to much more to all of it. There is also a commentary with Cameron Crowe and his mother on it, so it is even more awkward.

If you didn't already know it, the film is autobiographical about Crowe. It was based on his experiences with Allman Brothers Band and Led Zeppelin, and maybe a few others when he worked for Rolling Stone as a teen.

That film is so criminally underrated. It was sublime.

It was on Netflix USA, and might be in other countries, but watch "Say Anything..." by Cameron Crowe as well. One of the most perfect romantic comedies ever. If you ever wondered why women fell in love with John Cusack, this movie answers it.

And another classic written by Crowe, there is "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."

rexor0717

Is the version on Netflix the regular one or the "Untitled" version? Hunt down the blu ray for the film, as it has the "Untitled" director's cut where it ads like 40 minutes into the film, usually through small additions to scenes but it adds to much more to all of it. There is also a commentary with Cameron Crowe and his mother on it, so it is even more awkward.

If you didn't already know it, the film is autobiographical about Crowe. It was based on his experiences with Allman Brothers Band and Led Zeppelin, and maybe a few others when he worked for Rolling Stone as a teen.

That film is so criminally underrated. It was sublime.

It was on Netflix USA, and might be in other countries, but watch "Say Anything..." by Cameron Crowe as well. One of the most perfect romantic comedies ever. If you ever wondered why women fell in love with John Cusack, this movie answers it.

And another classic written by Crowe, there is "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."
Awesome! I will have to watch both. I loved the way they portrayed the dynamic between the three main characters.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
How is Marco Polo?

I'm loving it. It should be titled The Great Khan because he steals the show. To be fair, everyone not named Marco is more interesting than Marco.

The cinematography is amazing. Seriously, it is the best, if not, one of the best to grace not just the small screen, but big screen as well.

The fight scenes are well done. Dialogue/plot could be a bit better.

zero_suit

I'm loving it. It should be titled The Great Khan because he steals the show. To be fair, everyone not named Marco is more interesting than Marco.

The cinematography is amazing. Seriously, it is the best, if not, one of the best to grace not just the small screen, but big screen as well.

The fight scenes are well done. Dialogue/plot could be a bit better.

Hmm, I guess I should check this out.

How is Marco Polo?

Above average. Worth watching.

It's not great, (visually gorgeous though...4k on Netflix?) and it took awhile for me to get over the fact that the show wasn't so much about Marco as it was the setting he was in, but I enjoyed it.

All the performances were spot on.

It's not great TV though. Good, entertaining tv.

Bleepey

Not watching movies before the 80s? lol thats as dumb as "its black and white, im not watching that!" smh

Lol it's not that I actively go out of my way to not watch them. It's just that in some ways I think a lot of movies in my favourite genres are made 1980 onwards. Kung fu movies, sci fi, thrillers etc. I am not totally against me it's just I know what I like.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Marco Polo is awesome so far, can't stop watching it. Some of the acting and dialogue is odd but doesn't put me off really.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown: First time watching this show. Although, I'm not a stranger to the man as I have watched his last show. This show is entertaining and well-produced (impressive camera work). Gives some good insight to the local cultures of the cities he visits.

Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown: First time watching this show. Although, I'm not a stranger to the man as I have watched his last show. This show is entertaining and well-produced (impressive camera work). Gives some good insight to the local cultures of the cities he visits.

Seriously, I will watch anything that has that man on it or in it. He is a hell of a writer, along with being an incredible cook, and he just has a way of really getting into the "heart" of each area.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Seriously, I will watch anything that has that man on it or in it. He is a hell of a writer, along with being an incredible cook, and he just has a way of really getting into the "heart" of each area.

I would love to have a beer with him and hear him talk. It speaks volumes about him (and the show) that my mother, who doesn't speak English, loves the show. I showed her the Colombian episode, and she knew who he was and what the show was about.

I watched Tombstone for the first time today.

HO- LY - SHIT.

What a masterpiece!

Directed by the same guy who directed Rambo?

OMG.

How come I've never watched this before?!

EDIT: Also finished Marco Polo last night. What a great show, please let there be a second season.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
They definitely left the plot open enough to easily add another season. I can't see why they wouldn't, with all of the advertising they're doing for the show.

The cost would probably be a reason. $100 million for 10 episodes. $100 million got them two (13 episode) seasons of HoC.

I really do hope they renew for another reason. It is refreshing to see such a multinational cast of actors.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Does Marco Polo suddenly skyrocket in quality? We watched the first two episodes last night and thought it was terrible.

HeySeuss

I use my WiiU as my main Netflix player. Is it possible to unlock it so I can have access to other regions other than US Netflix? I've seen others post about it but I don't know if you can do it through a console.

tchocky

I use my WiiU as my main Netflix player. Is it possible to unlock it so I can have access to other regions other than US Netflix? I've seen others post about it but I don't know if you can do it through a console.

If you sign up to unblock.us it lets you change the region and has a step by step guide.

HeySeuss

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/879957

How to do it through Unblock. Ad Free should have a similar page.

If you sign up to unblock.us it lets you change the region and has a step by step guide.

Awesome thanks guys! This won't brick my system on a future update will it?

Ok one other question. Will the content from the other regions be in the language that the region is from? Like will Winter Soldier be in Dutch? Something from Mexico be in Spanish?

amrod

Awesome thanks guys! This won't brick my system on a future update will it?

Ok one other question. Will the content from the other regions be in the language that the region is from? Like will Winter Soldier be in Dutch? Something from Mexico be in Spanish?

It wont brick your system and everything I've watched was in English, the subtitles might not be English in different regions

Been using unblock-us for years with 0 problems

Aiii

So not worth it
Just finished Broadchurch, for fucks sake, this show.

Watch this show.

I cried a number of times during the finale, I'm becoming such a softie in my old age, ugh

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Life in Dirty Movies (Documentary, Cultural)
Alaska State Troopers Season 4-6 (TV, Reality)
All Hail King Julien Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
American Weed Season 1 (TV, Reality)
An Evergreen Christmas (Family)
Apocalypse 101 Season 1 (TV, Reality)
Autumn Blood (Thriller)
Battleground Afghanistan (TV, Documentary)
Breakout (TV, Documentary, Crime)
Comic Store Heroes (Documentary, Social)
Dark Skies (Thriller, SciFi)
Forgotten Four (Documentary, Sports)
Heroine (Drama, Bollywood)
Kundo: Age of the Rampant (Action, Foreign)
Le Chef (Comedy, Foreign)
Lines of Wellington (Drama)
Locked Up Aboard Season 6-8 (TV, Reality)
Oh Boy (Indie, Comedy, Foreign)
RoboRex (Family)
Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (Comedy)
Sexy Baby (Documentary, Cultural)
The Last Sentence (Drama, Foreign)
The Trip to Italy (Indie, Comedy)
The Watsons Go to Birmingham (Drama)
Tru Love (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
Two-Bit Waltz (Comedy)

Any good foreign movies added recently? Stuff I've enjoyed in the past: Cell 211, The Man From Nowhere, I Saw The Devil, The Horde, Mutants.
Thrillers, action, horror, etc.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Not a recent adds, but:

A Company Man.
The Suspect.
District 13.
The Tower.

Haven't seen, but heard good things:

The Thieves.
Man of Vendetta.
The Berlin File.
Infernal Affairs.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Scrubs was set to disappear on January 4th, but it looks like it's sticking around for now. Hooray!

Top Bottom