• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
hamm.jpg
Mad Men Season 5 arrives on Netflix March 25.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Just started Luther. 3 episodes in. I didn't expect to get into it since I've never really cared for crime-drama/detective shows, but I have a feeling I'm going to keep watching.

Necrovex

I asked this back in January, but I forgot the specifics. When is Adventure Time and Venture Brothers hitting the service? Later this month right?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Just started Luther. 3 episodes in. I didn't expect to get into it since I've never really cared for crime-drama/detective shows, but I have a feeling I'm going to keep watching.

Luther transcends crime-drama/detective story. It's a character study, and one of the best at that.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Luther is one of the best written shows. It had me on the edge of my seat. Season 2 is amazing, and the ending is great.

I asked this back in January, but I forgot the specifics. When is Adventure Time and Venture Brothers hitting the service? Later this month right?

March 31st.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Netflix snags global streaming rights for The Killing season 3

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/14/netflix-snags-global-streaming-rights-for-the-killing-season-3/

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Netflix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NFLX) and Fox Television Studios (FTVS) today announced Season 3 of fan favorite The Killing, which premieres on AMC in 2013, will be available exclusively for streaming members after its airing in the U.S. In the U.S. and Canada, the deal brings Season 3 to Netflix members three months after the season finale airs on AMC. The deal makes Netflix the exclusive subscription television service for The Killing Season 3.

Talon

Is Luther serialized show or are the episodes stand alone like a procedural?
Most episodes will have a main case, but there's definitely an overarching narrative that's the true focus of each episode.

And some cases last more than one episode.

jakncoke

Banned
Holy shit so much Carlin

George Carlin Again! hot 1978 NR 4.0 new
George Carlin: Back in Town 1996 NR 4.0 new
George Carlin: Carlin at Carnegie 1982 NR 3.9 new
George Carlin: Carlin on Campus 1984 NR 3.9 new
George Carlin: Complaints and Grievances 2001 NR 4.0
George Carlin: Doin' It Again 1992 NR 4.0 new Mar 15
George Carlin: It's Bad for Ya 2008 NR 4.0 new Mar 15
George Carlin: Jammin' in New York 1992 NR 4.0
George Carlin: Life Is Worth Losing 2005 NR 4.0
George Carlin: New Jersey 1988 NR 3.9 new
George Carlin: On Location 1977 NR 3.9 new
George Carlin: Playing with Your Head 1986
George Carlin: You Are All Diseased 1999 NR 4.0

Aiii

So not worth it
I miss Carlin so much, he would have had a field day with this ever increasing political correct world.

Will watch all of these at some point or another.

Incster

Neo Member

You're going to keep watching and then you're going to be sad there's only 2 series so far. But quality over quantity I guess...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

100 Years of Evil (Comedy, Spoof)
16 to Life (Comedy, Indie)
911: In Plane Site (Documentary)
Amber Lake (Drama, Crime, Indie)
Angelina Ballerina: The Big Performance (Cartoons, Kids)

Breaking News (Drama, Indie)
Brooklyn Rules (Drama, Mobster)
Craig Ferguson: I'm Here to Help (Stand-up)
A Dangerous Place (Crime, Thriller)
Death of a Ghost Hunter (Horror, Supernatural)

Feel (Drama, Indie)
Herpes Boy (Comedy, Indie)
How Weed Won the West (Documentary)
Kipper: Tales of Adventure (Cartoons, Kids)
Listen to Your Heart (Romance, Indie)

LOL (Romance, Teen)
My Girlfriend's Boyfriend (Romantic, Comedy)
The Nature of Existence (Documentary)
Passione (Drama, Musical, Foreign/Italian)
Pretty Ugly People (Comedy, Indie)

Runaway Slave (Documentary)
Sophie and Sheba (Family)
Thomas & Friends: Day of the Diesels (Family)
Today's Special (Romantic, Comedy, Indie)
Tom Papa Live in New York City (Stand-up)

Tony Roberts: I'm Different (Stand-up)
The Trials of Darryl Hunt (Documentary)
WWE: The Best of Raw & SmackDown 2012 (Wrestling)
WWE: The Top 100 Moments in Raw History (Wrestling)

Holy shit so much Carlin

George Carlin Again! hot 1978 NR 4.0 new
George Carlin: Back in Town 1996 NR 4.0 new
George Carlin: Carlin at Carnegie 1982 NR 3.9 new
George Carlin: Carlin on Campus 1984 NR 3.9 new
George Carlin: Complaints and Grievances 2001 NR 4.0
George Carlin: Doin' It Again 1992 NR 4.0 new Mar 15
George Carlin: It's Bad for Ya 2008 NR 4.0 new Mar 15
George Carlin: Jammin' in New York 1992 NR 4.0
George Carlin: Life Is Worth Losing 2005 NR 4.0
George Carlin: New Jersey 1988 NR 3.9 new
George Carlin: On Location 1977 NR 3.9 new
George Carlin: Playing with Your Head 1986
George Carlin: You Are All Diseased 1999 NR 4.0

abundant

It was just posted in the Young Justice thread - On March 30th, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond, and the Brave and the Bold will go up.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It was just posted in the Young Justice thread - On March 30th, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond, and the Brave and the Bold will go up.
Holy shit, late March-April is going to be fucking godly on Netflix.

RBH

Netflix on Tuesday launched its first Facebook app. Users who choose to link their Netflix and Facebook accounts can share with their friends the titles of every movie and television show they watch.

On Netflix's site, users will be able to see which shows their Facebook friends have rated highly and what those friends have watched recently. On Facebook (FB), Netflix customers will also have the option to share their viewing history on their News Feed.

Netflix users will be able to opt out of sharing titles they don't want others to see, including anything starring the Kardashians or other guilty pleasures. They'll also have the option to disable the Netflix-Facebook connection at any time.

All U.S. Netflix (NFLX) members will have access to the Facebook connection features by the end of this week, Netflix said.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/13/technology/social/netflix-facebook/

demon

Did netflix recently do away with the ability to see your viewing history going back as far as you want? That's some crap.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Saints and Soldiers:AC. It tries too hard to be like Saving Pvt Ryan and Band of Beothers. But the story was pretty good. Gotta little chooked up towards the ending. Gave it 4/5 stars.

demon

Less than 2% of users used it. :p

1. So fucking what? How much could it really have been costing them?

2. Maybe more people would have known about it if the link to it wasn't as hidden as it was.

Kaladin

I watched Star Trek Nemesis for the first time in a long time last night.....maybe since it was in theaters. It is a really underrated Star Trek movie but as a Next Gen finale? Eh.....

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Did netflix recently do away with the ability to see your viewing history going back as far as you want? That's some crap.
It's probably due to the Facebook integration and the law they got changed. I bet they are removing any history from before the law changed, that or the law only allows so much history to be viewed.

Top Bottom