• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Aiii

So not worth it
so i finally got unblockus, works great for pretty much all my laptops/tvs/consoles in the house.

it only seems to hate google chromecast for some reason. i can get the tablet itself to play american content, but casting it to the hdtv keeps showing content not available in your region. i changed the dns of my router too and i still get the same results :( its really for me little sister im doing this for.

any ideas?

Yes, Google forces the Google DNS on Chromecast.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Halt and Catch Fire Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Legit Season 2 (TV, Comedy)
Preservation (Indie, Horror, Thriller)
Monk with a Camera (Documentary, Cultural)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Canada): Pretty damn good superhero movie. I really enjoyed this one. The story was great, the cast was spot on, and it had some great action scenes. My only complaint is not enough mutants or that they are underused.

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Canada): Pretty damn good superhero movie. I really enjoyed this one. The story was great, the cast was spot on, and it had some great action scenes. My only complaint is not enough mutants or that they are underused.
It only took 11 years, but we finally got a sequel to X2. It felt like a nice warm blanket being put over me after a decade in the cold.

Actually, the analogy I used this past year for DOFP was this:
X2 was the insane sex and deep loving relationship made whole.
X3 was the breakup.
Origins: Wolverine was the REALLY messy fight after the breakup.
First Class was the apology and drinks at a bar to make up for the years of wrong doing.
The Wolverine was dinner out and deciding if we wanted to date again.
DOFP was the make up sex, and now I am fine with the franchise having its dirty ways with me again.

I was trying to use Hola to play Lost in Translation in UK version of Netflix since US doesn't have it. I guess I'm thankful I could not get it to work since the TOS says you may get your account wrecked?

UK servers have been terrible lately - too much traffic. I've been using Ireland instead.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Pioneer (Thriller, Foreign)
The Reckoning (Drama)
Transformers: Rescue Bots Season 3 (TV, Kids)

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Not gonna lie, that new show they're advertising Grace and Frankie looks good.

I was about to say that too.

I love Jane Fonda and I'm glad Netflix is giving way to these type of shows. It's a breath of fresh air, and a much needed one as it wouldn't have been green-light on Network TV. Feels like an indie film.

Do we know at what time Daredevil will be updated?

^12 am pacific time.

hamchan

I have to say, Bloodline is an amazing surprise. A really great first season. I highly recommend it to folks.

I'm trying to get though it all today before Daredevil drops.

It's pretty slow paced 5 episodes in but well made. Seems like it was made for binge watching. Liking it so far.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Canada): Right off the bat, I have to say that this is a stunningly beautiful film. Dreamworks really did a great job with the visuals. Pure eye candy for the entire film. The animation, acting and action were top notch. Where I think the film didn't really shine was the story. Not much there and kinda boring at times Still a good movie. Recommended if you enjoy the first one.

Xater

Really liking Daredevil after the first two episodes. I am so more seed by the fight scenes. They are messy as you would expect from a newbie and they are it afraid to do stuff in one shot. There is a great example of that in the second episode.

Xater

Six episodes in and Daredevil is great. Could not disagree more with some of the points brought up in the AV Club review I have read this morning.

just wondering with unblockus, when you switch countries does it effect all other devices that share the same user account or not? For example if a canadian netflix account is switched to usa via a ipad will the xbox/ps3/samsung devices switch to usa too?

Milchmann

just wondering with unblockus, when you switch countries does it effect all other devices that share the same user account or not? For example if a canadian netflix account is switched to usa via a ipad will the xbox/ps3/samsung devices switch to usa too?

The country is set per account, not per device.

Everything that you have set up with unblockus (so, the DNS servers), will be effected. As long as it is in the same home/ip address. You can also put it into your router settings so that you won't have to manually set up for every device.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Breathe of Freedom (TV, Documentary, Historical)
Broken (Drama, Foreign)
Finding Mercy 1/2 (Drama, Foreign)
Flower Girl (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Forgetting June (Drama, Foreign)
Helicopter Missions: Vietnam Firefight (TV, Documentary, Historical)
Hindenburg: The Untold Story (TV, Documentary, Historical)
History in HD: Shooting Iwo Jima (TV, Documentary, Historical)
Keeping My Man (Drama, Foreign)
Knocking on Heaven's Door (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
Lies Men Tell (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
Man Couple 2 (Drama, Foreign)
Marvel's Daredevil Season 1 (TV, Action)
Matters Arising (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
Mission to Murder Hilter (TV, Documentary, Historical)
My Life Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn (Documentary, Biographical)
October 1 (Crime, Thriller)
Speed Kills: Jungle, Ocean, Savannah ((TV, Documentary, Nature)
Super 4 Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon (Documentary, Social)
The Code Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama)
The Great Invisible (Documentary, Science)
The Teacher Who Defied Hilter (Documentary, Historical)
The World Made Straight (Drama)
Ties That Bind (Drama, Foreign)
Yves Saint Laurent (Drama, Foreign)

Xater

Finished Daredevil today. Hell of a show. Super excited for Jessica Jones now and the rest of the Marvel shows. They even put in some seeds and nods to the upcoming stuff. I thought the show would stay let's say more grounded and then episode 7 happened.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Daredevil is good so far. if they can pull off their plan to have all four of their planned Netflix shows end up in one 5th crossover show and have all of them be good...😱

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Brotherhood of Blades (Action, Foreign)
Crank (Action)
Knife Fight (Indie, Drama)
One Small Hitch (Romantic, Comedy)
The Hunt for Bin Laden (TV, Documentary)
The Incredible Bionic Man (TV, Documentary, Science)
The Lookalike (Indie, Thriller, Crime)

Slacker

I'm enjoying Daredevil despite being completely unfamiliar with Marvel stuff. The fight scenes kind of drag, but I understand complaining about long fight scenes in comic book shows is like complaining that my spaghetti is too noodley, so I'm ignoring that aspect. The acting is top notch though, especially Matthew himself.

I'm going to have to agree with both of you. It has definitely jumped to the top of the list for me.

It gets better with each rewatch for me.

Once you know the Hydra twist, it is a very different watch. Hell, Avengers is different once you realize that almost everyone is Hydra on the Helicarrier.

And to me, the bad guys still won in the end. Sure, they were outed and didn't get to do Project Insight, but those were just set backs. Hydra is still around elsewhere in the world and up to nefarious things, but SHIELD is gone except for tiny little bits and are publicly discredited. Hydra still won in the end, even if it was a really brutal blow to their goals.

The best thing about the movie though was we finally got Cap the way he should be. I love that the world seems to have come around on Cap because of the film. They finally see why he is the leader and has so many fans over the years.

Added today:

Brotherhood of Blades (Action, Foreign)
Crank (Action)
Knife Fight (Indie, Drama)
One Small Hitch (Romantic, Comedy)
The Hunt for Bin Laden (TV, Documentary)
The Incredible Bionic Man (TV, Documentary, Science)
The Lookalike (Indie, Thriller, Crime)

Hey GK86 thanks for keeping us up to date =)

Top Bottom