• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ah dammit. As I suspected, the final episode of MASH (Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen) doesn't actually count as part of Season 11, since it was aired separately as a TV movie. Therefore it's not on Netflix. Dammit. =/

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Why does he/she need to know this? Seems like a spoiler to me.

Because there was a huge uproar when the first season finished and the mystery still wasn't solved? Critics threw embarrassingly childish tantrums and the backlash has never subsided - even though the show ended up righting a lot of the first seasons' wrongs in the subsequent seasons, people still scoff at The Killing and actively try to get others to avoid it. Knowing from the get go that it's more of a slow burn that takes two seasons to unfold has helped a lot more people to enjoy it, ime.

Also, it has nothing to do with spoilers. The Killing is a two season mystery, followed by a one season mystery and then another one season mystery. I'm just pointing out the structure of the thing.

lordxar

Because there was a huge uproar when the first season finished and the mystery still wasn't solved? Critics threw embarrassingly childish tantrums and the backlash has never subsided - even though the show ended up righting a lot of the first seasons' wrongs in the subsequent seasons, people still scoff at The Killing and actively try to get others to avoid it. Knowing from the get go that it's more of a slow burn that takes two seasons to unfold has helped a lot more people to enjoy it, ime.

Also, it has nothing to do with spoilers. The Killing is a two season mystery, followed by a one season mystery and then another one season mystery. I'm just pointing out the structure of the thing.

Impatient douchebags but with shows getting canceled left and right with major cliffhangers I suppose I can understand.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
HoC S4:

http://deadline.com/2015/04/house-of-cards-renewed-season-4-netflix-kevin-spacey-1201403706/

CBntanoW0AAUuKR.png

I haven't seen Game of Thrones yet, what is the likelihood that it could come to Netflix or Amazon Prime in the future? There have been a few times this past year where I paid to buy shows I really wanted to see on Amazon video and then had them show up on Netflix a few months later so I'd like to avoid that again.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Netflix: Never.
Amazon: Very small chance. They do have HBO shows, but I doubt HBO is gonna give Amazon their biggest cashcow.

I haven't seen Game of Thrones yet, what is the likelihood that it could come to Netflix or Amazon Prime in the future? There have been a few times this past year where I paid to buy shows I really wanted to see on Amazon video and then had them show up on Netflix a few months later so I'd like to avoid that again.

Amazon has a deal with HBO but I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of Game of Thrones within that deal.

Regardless of that, now that HBO is moving forward with plans to offer their "channel" a la carte, there's zero chance the show will end up on Netflix and if it's not already on Amazon Prime, it probably won't be there either (barring a previous contract stipulation).

You can google HBO and Amazon to see if the specifics of the deal are listed somewhere for clarification if you'd like. But yeah, Game of Thrones is HBO's biggest hit right now and they'll keep that for themselves to sell subs to their stand alone service.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Zero percent chance.

HBO is launching their new HBO Now service which is $15 / month, and they're launching it just in time for season 5 of GoT. There's no way they would give their biggest show away to what they see as competitors. The way they see it, GoT is going to be a huge driver of subscriptions to HBO Now, so they would be crazy to also put that show on some other service.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Delta Farce (Comedy)
Derek Season 3 (TV, Comedy)
Life Partners (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
Starry Eyes (Horror)
The Circle (Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
The Quiet Ones (Thriller, Horror)
Wooly Boys (Indie, Comedy)

Canada:

Cracked Season 1-2 (TV, Drama)
Downton Abbey Season 4 (TV, Drama)
Let's Be Cops (Action, Comedy)
Meet the Fockers/Parents (Comedy, Romantic)
Mr. D Season 1-2 (TV, Comedy)
Seven (Thriller)
Speed Racer (Action)
The Good Wife Season 5 (TV, Drama)

UK:

Call the Midwife Season 3 (TV, Drama)
Grimm Season 3 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
Iron Man 3 (Action)
Orphan Black Season 2 (TV, Thriller)
Star Trek Into Darkness (Action, SciFi)
Wreck-It Ralph (Family)

France:

Blankman (Comedy)
Seven Pounds (Drama)
The Pacifier (Family)
Weeds Season 1-8 (TV, Drama)

Germany:

Glory (Drama, Military)
Sleeping Beauty ('59, Family)
The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe (Family)
The Returned Season 1 (TV, Drama)

glow

Banned
Just watched Atari: Game Over. Really good documentary on the early years of Atari. Highly highly recommended if you're old enough to have played the 2600. Brought back some great childhood memories for me.

Is there a good app to keep track of movies I'd want to watch?

The internal list obviously had the limitation of a single country.

So having a list showing me what movies I plan to see and what country they're in would be cool

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I did something reckless. It's expiring soon, so... I watched Movie 43.

I thought the first short was actually pretty funny, so I was thinking, "Wow, this isn't nearly as bad as everyone said." But after that, I never even came close to laughing again. Oh boy, it's bad.

Quasar

Is there a good app to keep track of movies I'd want to watch?

The internal list obviously had the limitation of a single country.

So having a list showing me what movies I plan to see and what country they're in would be cool

Doesn't the allflick list feature do that?

lordxar

I thought the first short was actually pretty funny, so I was thinking, "Wow, this isn't nearly as bad as everyone said." But after that, I never even came close to laughing again. Oh boy, it's bad.

I must be the only one who loved that movie.

hamchan

I might have to watch it. It'll certainly be a unique experience to watch something so terrible.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm watching Wolfcop. The transformation to the werewolf was unexpected (the process I mean) lol.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Netflix is kind of killing it with these original shows.

Does bloodline hold up? Just finished the pilot and it's already got me hooked. Can't wait for dare devil. expectations are tempered due to marvels current tv foray (do not like aos at all even despite people saying s2 is better/good)

Top Bottom