• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It gets better with each rewatch for me.

Once you know the Hydra twist, it is a very different watch. Hell, Avengers is different once you realize that almost everyone is Hydra on the Helicarrier.

And to me, the bad guys still won in the end. Sure, they were outed and didn't get to do Project Insight, but those were just set backs. Hydra is still around elsewhere in the world and up to nefarious things, but SHIELD is gone except for tiny little bits and are publicly discredited. Hydra still won in the end, even if it was a really brutal blow to their goals.

The best thing about the movie though was we finally got Cap the way he should be. I love that the world seems to have come around on Cap because of the film. They finally see why he is the leader and has so many fans over the years.

I believe that is what I liked the most. The fact that
the good guys don't completely win out at the end. And that HYDRA went in and wrecked shit up for everyone around.

The other thing I liked were the action scenes, but equally important, the pacing of the film. I think pacing is where a lot of comic book movies seem to stumble at.

I have to give them props though, coming from the first CA to this one. I thought the first one was a miserable pile of crap. Straight up boring and a big waste of time.

Hey GK86 thanks for keeping us up to date =)

You are most welcome!

Is The Babadook still dropping tomorrow as far as we know? Really interested in that movie.

I was just about to ask the same question!

Yes, as far as I know, still coming tomorrow. Can't wait.

What do you guys recommend to use outside the US.

blockless or unblock-Us ?

I never heard of blockless. I have been using Unblock for the past year plus without complaints. But as Xater mentioned, Ad Free Time does the same thing, and its only $2 monthly.

sfedai0

Banned
I havent been able to get hooked in to any of the Netflix Originals yet (HoC, LilyHammer, Orange, etc). But then in a span of a day I found Bloodlines and Daredevil. Amazing series.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Burning Bridges (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
Confusion Na Wa (Comedy, Drama, Foreign)
Goodbye to Language (Drama, Foreign)
Kink (Documentary, Cultural)
Love Hunter (Indie, Drama)
Mad Couple (Drama, Foreign)
Night Has Settled (Indie, Drama)
The Awakening (Thriller, Supernatural, Foreign)
The Babadook (Horror)
The Man with the Iron Fists 2 (Action, Martial Arts)
Tracks (Indie, Drama)
Video Game High School Season 3 (TV, Action, SciFi)

Aww yes, watching The Babadook tonight.

Kaladin

Is The Awakening this:

MV5BMzk0ODc1NDMxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTAzMzgwOA@@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I'm kinda curious if it is.

Stackboy

Finished Kimmy Schmidt. Great season, felt like it petered off towards the end.

Really enjoying Daredevil! Started The X-Files the other night, pretty hooked.

Laekon

Only issue so far with Daredevil is they went dark everywhere. Do you really need people in shadows at a hospital when nothing is really going on?

Finished Kimmy Schmidt. Great season, felt like it petered off towards the end.

Really enjoying Daredevil! Started The X-Files the other night, pretty hooked.

haha I started a rewatch of X-Files this week with my wife! For some reason I'm loving that they're straight up TV Rips, in original format (warts and all).

lordxar

haha I started a rewatch of X-Files this week with my wife! For some reason I'm loving that they're straight up TV Rips, in original format (warts and all).

After a couple seasons they get HD if memory serves. Was kind of jarring actually. I got used to the old school format then blam new and shiny :)

BFIB

Is that around the time that Scully's hair suddenly gets way redder? Also, I was surprised how many amazing episodes are stacked into Season 1.

Mulder: "They're here aren't they?"
Deep Throat: "Mr. Mulder, they have been here for a long, long time."

Goosebumps man.

OK, time to search for an X-Files Community on GAF haha

Season 1

Deep Throat
Squeeze
Shadows
Ghost in the Machine
Ice

Are some of my favourite episodes EVER, and they're within the first 10 episodes of the entire history of X-files. It's crazy.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
‘Our Planet’ Set At Netflix; 8-Part Follow-up To ‘Planet Earth’ Series

The ambitious four-year project will take viewers into never-before-filmed wilderness areas from the ice caps and deep ocean to deserts and remote forests. Using 4K camera technology, the series will bring viewers into intimate contact with some of the world’s rarest animals and most precious natural habitats. Our Planet is set to premiere in 2019 across Netflix territories.

The series is being produced by Silverback Films, led by Alastair Fothergill and Keith Scholey, who created Planet Earth, Frozen Planet and Blue Planet for the BBC, as well as the Disneynature films Earth, Bears, African Cats and Chimpanzee.

Cade

Season 1

Deep Throat
Squeeze
Shadows
Ghost in the Machine
Ice

Are some of my favourite episodes EVER, and they're within the first 10 episodes of the entire history of X-files. It's crazy.

Season 1 has some of the craziest MOTW episodes, for sure.

lordxar

Season 1

Deep Throat
Squeeze
Shadows
Ghost in the Machine
Ice

I don't remember the names but the polar episode that was like the Thing was cool and the big steamer boat that was turning to salt was cool too. Those were my favorites anyway. That show goes along well but then like season 6 or 7 goes absurd in the stupidest ways and comes back strong for season nine, then ends with two lame series recap episodes. Personally the MotW stuff was what I enjoyed most. The alien stuff was way to disjointed or felt that way anyway.

GeoramA

I don't remember the names but the polar episode that was like the Thing was cool and the big steamer boat that was turning to salt was cool too. Those were my favorites anyway. That show goes along well but then like season 6 or 7 goes absurd in the stupidest ways and comes back strong for season nine, then ends with two lame series recap episodes. Personally the MotW stuff was what I enjoyed most. The alien stuff was way to disjointed or felt that way anyway.
Season 7 is where I stopped, shit was terrible.

Season 6 had some great episodes though. 'Drive' with Bryan Cranston and the 'Dreamland' two-parter.

lordxar

Season 7 is where I stopped, shit was terrible.

Yea 7 was the one that sucked immense balls. The Gamer one was flat out awful but funny in the shittiest way. Now that I think about it, season eight was good it was just 7 that was like they didn't even care anymore and whatever dumbass idea someone had got done.

BFIB

Yea 7 was the one that sucked immense balls. The Gamer one was flat out awful but funny in the shittiest way. Now that I think about it, season eight was good it was just 7 that was like they didn't even care anymore and whatever dumbass idea someone had got done.

Put me in the minority, I thoroughly enjoyed X-Cops.

iirate

Season 1

Deep Throat
Squeeze
Shadows
Ghost in the Machine
Ice

Is there a X-Files viewing guide that anyone can recommend? I caught episodes here and there growing up, and I wouldn't want to watch everything start to finish, but I would like to watch the better MotW stuff and the essential story episodes.

BFIB

Is there a X-Files viewing guide that anyone can recommend? I caught episodes here and there growing up, and I wouldn't want to watch everything start to finish, but I would like to watch the better MotW stuff and the essential story episodes.

I could make a list, but I'll be honest. Once you start watching here and there, you'll want to watch it all.

I've been watching a lot of Archer lately. I'm around midway through Season 2 I think.

It's not as consistently funny as Bob's Burgers, which usually has me smiling throughout each episode, but the funny parts are fucking hilarious.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Stupid question: is there anywhere to see what has left netflix recently?

Nobody really tracks it. We only get a huge (and probably incomplete) list at the end of the month of what is expiring the next month. Check the second post in the thread.

I'll post a few suggestions up in the morning, but as nemss said - you'll get hooked and want to watch them all! The main hook wasn't really the spooky stuff, but if Mulder and Scully would ever get together... which you'll have to find out for yourself (the truth is out there).

Yes, I went there.

sfedai0

Banned
My main gripe wiht X-files is its lack of continuity. They will break up the main storyline with filler episodes or just strange quirky ones. Its annoying because the storyline is so dark and mysterious, it just disjoints the immersion.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Babadook: Man, what a huge waste of potential. The myth/monster was great. They knocked it out of the park except for
the weird dino sounds it made. That had me scratching my head.
I know the film is mostly about
the moms/childs inner demons or whatever, but I wished they would have showed more of the Babadook.

First off, I want to say this movie is a psychological horror. Secondly, the kid is freaking insufferable for the first 15-20 minutes. I wanted to turn the movie off because of him. Although, to be fair, the mother isn't much better. Both mother and child are weird. The majority of film are on these two. The scenes range from weird to annoying (mostly in the beginning).

From a horror standpoint, it isn't scary. There are some parts at the end that were creepy, and when the Babadook first comes out.

I might be being overly harsh since I dislike psychological type of horror movies.

sfedai0

Banned
Babadook was overhyped. Hardly scary and pretty much cookie cutter in all other aspects.

That kid though...I wanted to stop watching it just because he was so annoying. Props to the acting?

I've finished re-watching M*A*S*H while writing the Recap page for TV Tropes. The big thing is that episodes are put in production order, not airing order, which you'll start seeing around Season 8, notably how Period of Adjustment is placed before Goodbye, Radar. Some episodes from Season 10 are lumped into Season 9, and 11 into 10. Also, it doesn't have Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen.

Cade

Didn't care for The Babadook, but I think that's because I'm searching for a horror movie with deep lore.. and this movie was basically just subtext bashing you over the head, then checking off a list of what it thinks horror movies are. I ended up thinking the kid was the best part of the movie, though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Aguila Roja Season 1-5 (TV, Action)
Baby Daddy Season 4 (TV, Comedy)
Chris D'Ellia: Incorrigible (Standup)
Fed Up (Documentary, Social)
Hot Fuzz (Comedy)
Johnny Test Season 6 (Kids)
Keep On Keepin' On (Documentary, Biographical/Clark Terry)
Las Aparicio Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Los Caballeros Las Prefieren Brutas Season 1-2 (TV, Drama, Comedy, Foreign)
Star-Crossed Season 1 (TV, Drama, SciFi)
The Key Man (Crime, Drama)
They Came Together (Romantic, Comedy)
Paradas Continuas (Comedy, Foreign)

Canada:

21 & Over (Comedy)
House of Lies (TV, Drama, Comedy)
Take Me Home (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
Transit (Action, Thriller)

Germany:

Monsters University (Family)

Top Bottom