• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Kaladin

It's that time of the month again:

Coming to Netflix

June 1st:

The Aviator
La Dictadura Perfecta
Danger Mouse, season 1 through 10

June 3rd:

The Best of Me
Hector and the Search For Happiness

June 5th:

Sense8

June 8th-11th:

Grace of Monaco
It's Tough Being Loved By Jerks
Nightcrawler
Rose Water
Pretty Little Liars, season 5
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, season 2

June 12th:

Orange is the New Black, season 3
Champs
The Cobbler

June 13th-20th:

Scandal, season 4
Pussy Riot: A Punk Prayer
Rodney Carrington: Laughter's Good
Bindi's Bootcamp, season 1
Lee Daniels' The Butler
Point and Shoot
Some Assembly Required
Cake

June 23rd:

Advantageous

June 24th:

Beyond the Lights

June 26th:

What Happened, Miss Simone?
Dreamworks Dragons: Race to the Edge

Leaving Netflix

June 1st:

Drugs Inc.
Ever After
G.I. Jane
Ink Master
Rain Man
Silence of the Lambs

June 20th:

Collateral Damage
Practical Magic

June 29th:

Texas Chainsaw

June 30th:

Jack Reacher
Steel Magnolias
Taxi Driver

Quick turnaround on Agents of Shield Season 2 there.

I'm all in for Sense8 and a new season of OITB.

Danger Mouse though? That might be cool.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

30 for 30: Sole Man (TV, Documentary)
The New Detectives: Case Studies in Forensic Science (TV, Documentary, Crime)

UK:

Screamers (Action, SciFi)
The Painted Veil (Drama)
World War Z (Action, Zombie)

Sweden:

Coherence (Indie, Thriller, SciFi)

Netherlands:

30 Minutes or Less (Comedy)
Bad Teacher (Comedy)
Battle: Los Angeles (Action, SciFi, Hell)
Friends with Benefits (Comedy, Romantic)
Milk (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
Priest (Action, Vampire)
The Adventures of Tintin (Family)
The Illusionist (Drama)
The Smurfs (Family)
The Zero Theorem (Comedy, Drama, SciFi)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Since there's no thread for Amazon Prime Instant Video, I figured it might be worth a heads-up to fellow members that some additional HBO shows have been added to their collection:

Veep S1
Girls S1
Luck
Hung
John from Cincinnati

Plus Banshee and Strike Back, as well.

(I think these are all new; not sure about Hung)

Since there's no thread for Amazon Prime Instant Video, I figured it might be worth a heads-up to fellow members that some additional HBO shows have been added to their collection:

Veep S1
Girls S1
Luck
Hung
John from Cincinnati

Plus Banshee and Strike Back, as well.

(I think these are all new; not sure about Hung)
Thanks. Been meaning to ask where to get updates on Amazon since their interface is shit.

Veep S1
Girls S1
Luck
Hung
John from Cincinnati

Those are the only ones worth checking out.

Kaladin

So isn't this a super early release for the new seasons of SH.I.E.L.D., Scandal and Pretty Little Liars?

They practically just ended.

Slacker

Watched the first episode. Looks like a CW version of "Under the Dome" so far. Interesting (not fascinating, but interesting) premise, decent directing, but the acting isn't great. In the actors' defense, the dialogue they're given to work with ain't great either. Lots of "no one talks like that" moments. Multiple "character is in trouble and saved at the last minute" scenes that may be compelling for anyone who has never seen a TV show before.

I'll give it another episode if I remember, but it's not going to be appointment TV around here.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Between - Episode 1 (TV, Drama, SciFi, Netflix Original)
H20: Mermaid Adventures Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Inglourious Basterds (Thriller)
Jen Kirkman: I'm Gonna Die Alone (Standup, Netflix Original)
Mysterious Ways (Drama, Faith)
The Other One: The Long Strange Trip of Bob Weir (Documentary, Music, Netflix Original)

Canada:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ('14, Action)

UK:

Recess: School's Out (Family, Animation)

comedian

Everyone should watch the Chef's table, a six part documentary about six world class chef's around the world. You get treated to their backstory, ambitions, troubles etc... The only thing that matches these beautiful pieces of art the chefs are cooking is the cinematography. Absolutely mesmerising.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
There were two horror films that GAF was raving about recently.

I know one was Babadook, but I cannot recall the other.
It Follows? That's still in theatres, though.

Kaladin

Really? I just finished season 3 and thought it was a complete turd from start to finish.

Loved it.
It went pretty much as expected, you got the tale of Frank failing at every thing he tried as President, along with the eventual break-up of him and Claire...and you had Doug's rehab and redemption storyline where he finally got back into Frank's inner circle. I also feel like this season Frank Underwood went from a character you could kind of root for to a character you hated...especially with the stuff with him and Claire. I look forward to the next season as Frank's eventual downfall should be glorious.

I don't think that was it, although I watched it and liked it.

Then again it could be and I'm just forgetting lol. Anyway, I plan on visiting some friends and we plan on watching Babadook tonight.

Maybe it was Wolf Cop?

MV5BMjE0MDM3NzEzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDc0Njg5MTE@._V1_.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It Follows? That's still in theatres, though.

I was going to say this, but since we were in a Netflix thread, figured it was on Netflix.

I don't think that was it, although I watched it and liked it.

Then again it could be and I'm just forgetting lol. Anyway, I plan on visiting some friends and we plan on watching Babadook tonight.

Why would you do that to your friends?

Aiii

So not worth it
There were two horror films that GAF was raving about recently.

I know one was Babadook, but I cannot recall the other.

The Canal.

But if you're in the mood for horror, I have two Japanese movies that were fun to watch:
Just watched Ring of Curse (Gomennasai), a Japanese low budget horror flick about a bullied girl who curses her classmates. Movie is quite good, acting, mood, dialogue are all very effective.

Definitely watch (US) and stick around for the bonus mid credit scene.

Watched another Japanese horror flick after that, called Ressurection (Rinne). Won't go into too much detail, but definitely a scary and interesting story. Really enjoyed that, the Japanese kind of horror has always appealed more to me than the Hollywood kind. The Japanese directors are much better at creating a scary atmosphere rather than relying on jump scares, which works way better to legitimately frighten me instead of just raising my heartbeat for a few seconds.

vatstep

I'm doing my monthly "watch stuff that's going to expire soon" routine, so I watched Dummy today, in which Adrien Brody plays a socially-awkward ventriloquist. It was surprisingly good. His mother, played by Jessica Walter (Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development) is hilarious.

It kind of has a similar feel to Lars and the Real Girl, but I liked it much more.

I think I saw that Jupiter Ascending is in some region now.

I watched it on the plane.

Holy shit, maybe the worst film I've seen in at least five years.

Don't watch it guys. Pure shit tier.

I saw After Earth last week and in comparison that movie should get an Oscar.

I don't know how an eight grader got hired to write for Hollywood but that needs to end.

lordxar

Zombeavers is everything you could possibly want from a shitty b movie. Absolutely loved every minute...well minus one scene anyway, shudder...

Top Bottom