• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
^Everyone that had the service before they increased the price, was grandfathered into the original pricing, for two years.

Also, Ultra HD is 4K.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Expiring from my list (6/1):

Snatch
American Beauty
Event Horizon
Tin Man
Starship Troopers (5/31)
El Mariachi
Rain Man

Between was okay. Out of any series to experiment with weekly shows, this was not the one.

Grace & Frankie is great, and the most high quality sitcom NetFlix has had. It's like they just hired a bunch of Sorkin Actors.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Last Action Hero
The Rocketeer
Syriana
Waking Life

I need to watch Last Action Hero. Been on my watch list for awhile.

Between was okay. Out of any series to experiment with weekly shows, this was not the one.

Grace & Frankie is great, and the most high quality sitcom NetFlix has had. It's like they just hired a bunch of Sorkin Actors.

Speaking of Grace and Frankie, it was renewed for a second season.

I just noticed that I'm paying 7.99 Ca$ for 2 screens + HD same price as sd but I guess it's because i'm a longtime customer. It says that they'll charge me the same price until may 2016. So basically I'm not paying for ultra hd even though I'm pretty sure that I can stream content in ultra HD when I use my ps3. It says 1080p when I press select and the quality is always great. I never watch netflix on my browser because of the shitty quality.

So what should I do ? Upgrade and start paying 11.99$ ? I don't need 4 screens at once :(
Ultra HD is 4K, you aren't getting that on your ps3. Super Hd is included in the mid tier and is for 1080p.

Salsa

I really need for the entirety of X-Files to be widescreen already

rewatched a couple season 1 eps to see the new versions and nghhh

Akahige

Welcome to the Punch (2013) - Down the middle action cop thriller with a convoluted and underdeveloped story, action scenes are sparse so don't watch it expecting a fun dumb action film. It does I must say have very nice cinematography and production design, editing is good in most parts but in other parts confusing but that could be the fault of the director not getting the right amount of coverage for the scenes like the opening chase scene (well if you could call it a chase scene) for example looks cool but doesn't flow together worth a damn.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Zombeavers is everything you could possibly want from a shitty b movie. Absolutely loved every minute...well minus one scene anyway, shudder...

I watched it last night, I enjoyed it. Stupid, over-the-top fun. Campy movie for sure. Let me guess, the bathroom scene towards the end?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
expiring on my watch list:

5/31
Groundhog's Day

6/1
Tank Girl
The Triplets of Belleville
I watched this the other day, as I hadn't seen it since it was in theatres. Such a charming film.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Boy Meets Girl (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Kids from Shaolin (Action, Foreign)
Middle of Nowhere (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Taxi Brooklyn Season 1 (TV, Comedy)

UK:

If... (Drama)
Tank Girl (Action)
The Hunter (Action, Thriller)
The Phantom (Action)
The Thomas Crown Affair (Thriller)

Thinking about watching Damages, does it has a concrete ending? I'd prefer not to start something that has no resolution.

Yes it does. Season one is terrific like was said above. The other four seasons though? ....pretty average, though I didn't have any issue with the ending like the above poster did.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Fishtronaut Season 1-2 (TV, Kids)
Hot Girls Wanted (Documentary, Social, Netflix Original)
Once Upon a Time in Brooklyn (Action, Thriller)

Canada:

X Company Season 1 (TV, Drama)

UK:

The Big Green (Family)

Australia:

Bedazzled (Comedy)
George Balanchine's The Nutcracker (Family)
Joy Ride (Thriller)
Just My Luck (Romantic, Comedy)
My Super Ex-Girlfriend (Action, Romantic)
The Power of One (Drama)

El Topo

Been watching the tv show Rectify. Quality drama about a dude who is released from prison and the ensuing drama around that, with his family and various other people who were/are connected to the case. Well acted, pretty engaging stuff all round.

Gray Matter

Been watching the tv show Rectify. Quality drama about a dude who is released from prison and the ensuing drama around that, with his family and various other people who were/are connected to the case. Well acted, pretty engaging stuff all round.

Season 1 was great, loved it. Season 2, however, I stopped halfway, it got boring.

Akahige

Twin Peaks is a intentionally funny right? The pilot was hilarious with its over acting and soap opera like music, I found it very entertaining.

El Topo

List for Germany (not comprehensive) is now available as well (from what I can find on various different sites). Take that, Canada:
Series
6/1 Blue Mountain State (S1-S3) Apparently not.
6/1 Mythbusters (S1-S3)
6/5 Sense8 (S1)
6/12 Orange is the new Black (S3)
6/15 Dark Matter (S1) (Not sure if this is actually true or the sites were wrong.)
6/26 Elementary (S2)
6/30 Bates Motel (S2)

Movies
6/1 Rosemary's Baby (Note: Not the Polanski movie, but some two part movie with Zoe Saldana)
6/1 Tangled
6/1 Benji the Hunted
6/1 The Muppets
6/20 Pacific Rim (Personal Note: This movie is horrible. Avoid it at all cost.)
6/?? The Opposite of Sex

I'd look for more lists, but e.g. I don't speak Dutch and my French is not really great.

Twin Peaks is a intentionally funny right? The pilot was hilarious with its over acting and soap opera like music, I found it very entertaining.

It's intentionally weird and bizarre, that includes (some of) the acting.

El Topo

Pacific Rim horrible? I thought it was so much fun.

It's a dreadful, boring movie with a nonsensical plot and bad acting. It's just not particularly entertaining.

Yeah, I don't think it is horrible, might even rewatch it. Everything that isn't action is a slouch to get through though.

Which is most of the movie. The fights aren't all that great either from what I remember.

Pacific Rim is boring. Visually, it is stunning. But it took me three days to finish it.

I don't know. Too many shots in the dark and I vaguely recall that the underwater battle didn't look too great (or rather I think it was confusing). Haven't watched it since it came out, so my memory might be a bit fuzzy.

Thraktor

Yeah, the parody soap opera aspects of the show were quite intentional. They also specially shot the soap opera scenes you see on the TVs in the show to tie in with the story.

It's a dreadful, boring movie with a nonsensical plot and bad acting. It's just not particularly entertaining.

Which is most of the movie. The fights aren't all that great either from what I remember.

I don't know. Too many shots in the dark and I vaguely recall that the underwater battle didn't look too great (or rather I think it was confusing). Haven't watched it since it came out, so my memory might be a bit fuzzy.

From what I remember there were three very big action scenes, but in the middle there is an especially long dull part without anything happening. I don't think the plot is nonsensical at all either. It is just that the movie fails so hard with having interesting main characters and interactions.

Oh hell no, the action and visuals in the movie are great. Yes most movie is in the dark but with a good screen that shouldn't be a problem.

Also dat theme. :3

Aiii

So not worth it
Grace and Frankie is an absolute delight of a show. I had ignored it so far thinking it was an old folks comedy that wouldn't apeal to me, but it turns out it's a pretty great dramedy. Three eps in and I love it.

Not sure why I'm surprised though, with this cast how could they go wrong?

I also really like how they avoided creating any gay stereotypes, they are actually just creating a loving couple that happen to be two guys, nothing more. Refreshing, to say the least.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not sure why I'm surprised though, with this cast how could they go wrong?

I also really like how they avoided creating any gay stereotypes, they are actually just creating a loving couple that happen to be two guys, nothing more. Refreshing, to say the least.

The cast is great, but I don't think Sam Waterston and Martin Sheen share the chemistry that their roles require.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Full list later, but, Four Brothers, The Inbetweeners 2, Kickboxer 2/4, A Night at the Roxbury, Pet Sematary, were added.

El Topo

No Blue Mountain State. You lied to me, internet.

Also, if turned off, it shouldn't be usable like that right? I usually leave it off, only on when I'm actually using it.

I think some users at Reddit claimed that even after turning it off it was still using up bandwidth.

Top Bottom