• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Kaladin

My main problem with ads (when it comes to a subscription or online based service), is that you see the same damn ad over and over.

Yeah, I end up memorizing Hulu ads by the time they cycle new ones in.

Nobody knows eggs better than Bacon.

Xater

Ads would probably kill my interest in Netflix. I use it so I have a convenient way to watch all this stuff without ads.

Susurrus

Free alternatives? I don't know any others.

Paid, there are some in the OP.

Thanks, I've checked those out but they don't seem to allow for Hulu Japan, which my wife uses.

I know this is a Netflix site, but still looking for ideas.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

009-1: The End of the Beginning (Action, SciFi, Foreign)
A Night at the Roxbury (Comedy, Emilioooo)
A Wonderful World (Comedy, Foreign)
All Over the Guy (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
Amar (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
Amor Xtremo (Action, Foreign)

Brain's Song ('71, '01, Drama)
Celia's Lives (Drama, Foreign)
Deeper (Documentary, Sports)
Delivery (Documentary)
Dragon Eyes (Action, Martial Arts)

Edge of the Earth (Documentary, Social, Music)
El Gringo (Action, Thriller)
Elias: Rescue Team Adventures Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Expelled from Paradise (Anime)
Familia P. Luche Season 1-3 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)

Far From Home: Adventures of Yellow Dog (Family)
Fishtail (Documentary, Biographical)
Four Brothers (Action, Thriller)
Further (Documentary, Sports)

Heterosexual Jill (Indie, Comedy, Gay & Lesbian)
Hidden Kingdoms Season 1 (TV, Documentary, Science)
Higher (Documentary, Sports)
Hits (Indie, Drama)
Innocent Voices (Drama, Foreign)

Kickboxer 1-5 (Action)
Le Voyage Dans la Lune (SciFi, Foreign)
Le Voyage Dans la Lune Color (SciFi, Foreign)
Los Tiempo de Pablo Escobar Season 1 (TV, Documentary)

Maria de Todos Los Angeles Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Mexico Pelagico (Documentary, Nature)
Mooz-Lum (Indie, Drama)
Never on a Sunday (Drama)

Night Falls on Manhattan (Drama, Crime)
Night Months (Romantic, Comedy)
On the Way to School (Documentary, Social, Foreign)
Out of the Dark (Horror, Foreign)
Oveja Negra (Indie, Drama)

Pablo Escobar el Patron del Mal Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
People Will Talk (Romantic, Drama)
Pet Sematary 1-3 (Horror)
Philly Kid (Action, Martial Arts)
Plan B: True (Sports)

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Beginnings, Eternal, The Movie (Anime)
Puragtorio (Drama, Foreign)
Repo! The Genetic Opera (Horror, SciFi)
R.L. Stine's Mostly Ghostly, The Haunting Hour (Family)
Sex Ed (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)

Shaq: All Star Comedy Jam: Atlanta, Orlando, Las Vegas (Standup)
SheZow Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Something WIld (Romantic, Comedy)
Stash House (Action, Thriller)
Tear This Heart Out (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
The City (Drama)

The Great Escape (Drama, War)
The High and Mighty (Drama)
The Inbetweeners 2 (Comedy)
The Island of Dr. Moreau: Director's Cut ('77, Thriller, SciFi)
The Others (Horror, Supernatural)

The Perfect Dictatorship (Crime, Drama, Foreign)
The Pope of Greenwich Village (Crime, Drama)
The Queens of Comedy (Standup)
The Quiet American (Thriller)
The Rugrats Movie (Family, Animation)

Transit (Action, Thriller)
Troll 2 (Horror)
Una Familia de Diez Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Virgingate (Thriller, Foreign)
We Are the Giant (Documentary, Historical)
Would You Rather (Horror)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Canada:

Bleach Season 1-3 (Anime)
Commando (Action)
Dead Drop (Action)
Django Unchained (Action)
Grease (Romantic, Musical)
Seven Psychopaths (Action, Comedy)
Super Troopers (Comedy)
The Hangover: Part III (Comedy)
Wing Commander (Action, SciFi)

Australia:

Godzilla ('14, Action)
Killing Them Softly (Thriller)
Michael Clayton (Thriller)
School of Rock (Family, Comedy)
The Shawshank Redemption (Drama)

Guys I just watched Dear Zachary and I dunno what to do with myself. I've never cried so much because of a movie.

I held them back but I was real close. Worst feeling ever after watching it. I clearly had no idea what I was getting myself into when I turn it on.

Akahige

The Others added, cool I need to re watch it, it's such a well crafted film.

I've been watching more of Twin Peaks, most interesting tv show I've watched in ages.

Guys I just watched Dear Zachary and I dunno what to do with myself. I've never cried so much because of a movie.

Yup, saddest movie I've ever seen. The real aspect of it makes it hit so much harder.

And I've seen Grave of the Fireflies and Hachi before anyone asks.

szaromir

Banned
OK, so I'm Polish but I currently live in Germany. I had a surgery last week and am recovering at my parents' this week and needed to figure out how to use my German Netflix subscription here in Poland. I found out about Hola, it's been working like a dream. Today I accidentally logged into Netflix using the US VPN and it turns out I can access the US content with my German subscription - my mind has been blown. Not only is the US version of Netflix much richer in content, I can also access the French version of Netflix which is Godsent since I'm preparing for a French exam at the end of June and could watch a ton of French movies to improve my listening comprehension skills.

My question is, does Netflix blocks accounts for this? If so, not much harm done since I'll only lose €8, but knowing that they won't would be sweeeeeet.

El Topo

Best of luck with the recovery.

OK, so I'm Polish but I currently live in Germany. I had a surgery last week and am recovering at my parents' this week and needed to figure out how to use my German Netflix subscription here in Poland. I found out about Hola, it's been working like a dream. Today I accidentally logged into Netflix using the US VPN and it turns out I can access the US content with my German subscription - my mind has been blown. Not only is the US version of Netflix much richer in content, I can also access the French version of Netflix which is Godsent since I'm preparing for a French exam at the end of June and could watch a ton of French movies to improve my listening comprehension skills.

My question is, does Netflix blocks accounts for this? If so, not much harm done since I'll only lose €8, but knowing that they won't would be sweeeeeet.

I cannot recommend this, but I'm under the impression many at GAF have been using e.g. VPN services for years without any repercussions. That said, you may want to get rid of Hola.

szaromir

Banned
Best of luck with the recovery.
Thanks!
I cannot recommend this, but I'm under the impression many at GAF have been using e.g. VPN services for years without any repercussions. That said, you may want to get rid of Hola.
Unblock-us is doing a free month trial to entice former Hola users to use their service instead: https://blog.unblock-us.com/say-adios-to-hola/

Highly recommend them, service is exceptional!
Thanks for the warning. I'll consider this service - $5 a month for the access to the US and French Netflix seems reasonable.

edit: this only allows me to access content from the US... any VPN services at a similar price that would get me covered for both France and the US?

PrawnyNZ

edit: this only allows me to access content from the US... any VPN services at a similar price that would get me covered for both France and the US?

I use unblock-us as well, and can switch between a dozen or so regions (including France) from their website. Never had a problem with them.

szaromir

Banned
I use unblock-us as well, and can switch between a dozen or so regions (including France) from their website. Never had a problem with them.

Indeed, thanks. Works like a charm. Though I found a VPN service called TunnelBear that's also $5 a month and works for multiple regions if anyone's interested.

What's the danger of what Hola are doing? I kinda want to keep it but if it's particularly bad, I guess I'll make do without.

You know when PSN and Live went down over xmas because a bunch of twats hired a botnet to spam their servers. Your computer could be part of that botnet.

And I also use unblock us. Switching regions is a breeze and totally worth the money to me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Feast at Midnight (Family)
Apocalypse Now/Redux (Drama, War)
Bad Habits (Drama, Foreign)
Big Muddy (Indie, Drama, Crime)
Bleach Season 1-3 (Anime)
Dean Snow (Horror, Zombie, Foreign)
Employee of the Month (Romantic, Comedy)
Expelled from Paradise (Anime)
Hammett (Drama)
Kiss the Girls (Thriller)
One from the Heart (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
The Aviator (Drama)
The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975 (Documentary, Cultural)
The 'Burbs (Comedy)
The Escape Artist (Drama)
The Good Guy (Romantic, Comedy)

Xater

Thanks!

Thanks for the warning. I'll consider this service - $5 a month for the access to the US and French Netflix seems reasonable.

I use Ad-Free Time which is just 2 bucks a month and allows for all Netflix regions to be used as well.

Facism

Gold Member
the annoying thing about using netflix on the PS4 is that i can't get US netflix and am stuck with UK netflix on the big tv :(

Netflix (US) updated on my PS4 a day or two ago, and I noticed that they got rid of that annoying BA-DUMMM! sound effect when it starts up.

Thanks, Netflix!

JavyOO7

Yeah, screw it. I was hesistant on using a VPN to watch non sense away from the USA Netflix but now I'll just use it. I'll use unblock-us trial. =p

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah, screw it. I was hesistant on using a VPN to watch non sense away from the USA Netflix but now I'll just use it. I'll use unblock-us trial. =p

I think using a VPN/DNS blocker is a must. You get a ridiculous amount of content for free-$5 a month, that you would be almost dumb not to shell out the money.

I think using a VPN/DNS blocker is a must. You get a ridiculous amount of content for free-$5 a month, that you would be almost dumb not to shell out the money.

Yup, for ages I had DNS codes that let me access the american catalogue and that was such an improvement over the UK that I was happy. Then I realised how varied some other regions are: South America/Canada often get films much earlier, Scandinavia sometimes gets US/Canadian shows weekly branded as Netflix Originals (orphan black, fargo, etc).

Top Bottom