• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

hamchan

Yeah region switching is essential.

If you're willing to pay for Netflix monthly you can probably afford to pay a few bucks more for a VPN/dns and gain access to a library that could be multiple, multiple times bigger than what you normally get.

Symphonia

Banned
the annoying thing about using netflix on the PS4 is that i can't get US netflix and am stuck with UK netflix on the big tv :(
Yes, you can. I'm from the UK and use my PS4 for Netflix, and am able to view US, Canada, Australia, etc. Just use Unblock-US (they have a free one month trial) and you're sorted.

Susurrus

Anyone have any experience with PureVPN?

They have a lot of countries on the list, including most Netflix regions, and I can also use it for Japan. Also 4 devices at the same time. 2 years for $50 atm w/ a special going on.

Any experience though? Would hate to buy it and it sucks. Of course the site talks it up, but would be better to see some real experience.

Do you have to mess with router settings to use unblock-us?

You can if you want all the devices connected to the router automatically use the service.

But you can also setup the service per device and don't need to do anything with router settings.

Just giving another shoutout for Adfreetime, $2 per month, pretty much the same features and still has been working great for me for years.

DarkFlow

Banned
You can if you want all the devices connected to the router automatically use the service.

But you can also setup the service per device and don't need to do anything with router settings.

Just giving another shoutout for Adfreetime, $2 per month, pretty much the same features and still has been working great for me for years.

I second Adfree time, can't beat $2 bucks.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Best of Me (Drama, Romantic)
El Chapulin Colorado Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign, Eso eso eso)
Hector and the Search for Happiness (Drama)
La Rosa de Guadalupe Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Li'L QuinQuin (TV, Comedy)
Shaolin Temple (Action, Foreign)

Germany:

The Muppets ('11, Family)

Mexico:

Penny Dreadful Season 1 (TV, Thriller)

rexor0717

Just watched "Hits". Pretty funny, good non-cringey movie about internet fame in a small town. I really should have seen the ending coming, lol.

Slacker

Started episode two of Between to see if it improves on its so-so premiere. Episode starts with scene straight out of "Tear Jerker Writing 101" textbook." Closed browser. That's enough of that, bring on Sense8 tomorrow.

Aiii

So not worth it
I love Between for how shitty it is, it has crossed into the "so bad it's a comedy" zone. I laugh my ass off at every scene. Great stuff.

It's pretty much like Under The Dome during S1, watching it purely for entertainment now.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Anyone watching/watched bloodline? Really enjoying it. Surprised it doesn't have more buzz.
Yeah, I've tried to turn people on to it but haven't had much success. Definitely my favorite Netflix original series.

Enco

If a flatmate has moved out, would you change your Netflix password?

Difficult decision. I don't see why I should be paying for someone else and it's an inconvenience when you want to watch.

But would it be a douche move?

Aiii

So not worth it
You can watch with two people, if you like the guy just let him use it. If you ever want to share with someone more important, just change it then.

Knights of Sidonia Season 2 is coming July 3rd.

Yes. I really liked Season 1. Its a bit like Attack on Titans with Mechs. I would even say its better.

Also Wet Hot American Summer is now available in Germany for the first time. Even with dub. Watching right now.

The worst thing about Netflix is that all those original series are god damn good. I have trouble deciding what to watch because there are too many. And going after Metacritic is just wrong (Grace and Frankie is so damn good sometimes and it has between 50 and 60 on Metacritic). And it wont stop. Right now i'm watching OITNB and i hope im up to date until the new season comes out.

Nyx

Sons of Anarchy went from ''Jeez this is such a bad pilot, I'm not watching this show'' to 'Okay let's try again, hmmmmm this is actually so bad that it starts to entertain me'''

Found my guilty pleasure I guess.

Hit up that free trial for Unblock-us. I'll probably keep it after the trial period. My list of stuff I want to watch on different regions is just too overwhelming to ignore. Canada Netflix movie selection alone is enough really.

Sons of Anarchy went from ''Jeez this is such a bad pilot, I'm not watching this show'' to 'Okay let's try again, hmmmmm this is actually so bad that it starts to entertain me'''

Found my guilty pleasure I guess.

The good outweighs the bad with that show. Just when you think the show has jumped the shark, there's a brilliant scene that pulls you back in.

Anyone watching/watched bloodline? Really enjoying it. Surprised it doesn't have more buzz.

I realize I'm in the minority here, but I watched about five episodes of Bloodline and didn't care for it, I just didn't find any of the characters likeable. I mean, a show like The Sopranos is about flawed people often doing bad things, but those characters had a lot of charisma to them. In Bloodline it just seems like a family behaving like asses toward each other. In particular, I suppose that the one loser no-good brother is supposed to be the character you love to hate, but I found I just hated him.

Glad everyone else seems to be enjoying it, though, to each his own.

Kaladin

Season 4 is where it's at yo. The show went downhill after that but still had it's moments, enough for me not to quit watching.

No doubt, it's better in the middle seasons (R.I.P.
Piney
) but the last season they throw all fucks out the window and go balls out.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Asmodexia (Horror, Supernatural)
Bad Asses on the Bayou (Action, Thriller)
El Nino (Action, Thriller, Foreign)
God's Slave (Thriller, Foreign)
Mortal Kombat: The Movie (Action, Fantasy)
My Mistress (Drama)
Sense8 Season 1 (TV, SciFi, Netflix Original)
The Lost Boys: Special Edition (Horror, Vampire)
The Nun (Drama, Foreign)
The X-Files Seasons 1-9 in HD (TV, SciFi)

El Topo

Eight episodes done and I'm fairly confident to say that Sense8 is the Netflix show I've enjoyed the most so far. It's quite slow, not too subtle and the different styles can be jarring, but I love it.
Everyone should check it out.

Vyer

For whatever reason, I've never watched the X-Files. I just watched the pilot. Acting is a little cheezy and awkward in spots, but I can see why the addiction would be there.

And I never really realized how hot Scully is.

For whatever reason, I've never watched the X-Files. I just watched the pilot. Acting is a little cheezy and awkward in spots, but I can see why the addiction would be there.

And I never really realized how hot Scully is.

Watch it! One of the greatest TV shows ever made. And Scully only gets better as it goes on. Shit, she looks better now than she did then. Aging like a fine, fine wine.

Top Bottom