• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

For whatever reason, I've never watched the X-Files. I just watched the pilot. Acting is a little cheezy and awkward in spots, but I can see why the addiction would be there.

And I never really realized how hot Scully is.

First season ranges from terrible to fantastic. I still recommend watching the lot though as it grows on you.

Second season is superb for the most part. Still some of the best TV ever made.

Is it back to HD? I checked yesterday and mid-season 2 had reverted to SD in the US :/

zero_suit

For whatever reason, I've never watched the X-Files. I just watched the pilot. Acting is a little cheezy and awkward in spots, but I can see why the addiction would be there.

And I never really realized how hot Scully is.

You should watch The Fall.

neoism

Added today:

Best of Me (Drama, Romantic)
El Chapulin Colorado Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign, Eso eso eso)
Hector and the Search for Happiness (Drama)
La Rosa de Guadalupe Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Li'L QuinQuin (TV, Comedy)
Shaolin Temple (Action, Foreign)

Germany:

The Muppets ('11, Family)

Mexico:

Penny Dreadful Season 1 (TV, Thriller)
lol i watched the best of me for michelle holy shit was it a pos movie...:( soo perdictiable and the dialog damn....i dont think that sparks guy can write non generic storys.... the notebook is still the best of his novels to film.....adbs.

RedAssedApe

Banned
lol i watched the best of me for michelle holy shit was it a pos movie...:( soo perdictiable and the dialog damn....i dont think that sparks guy can write non generic storys.... the notebook is still the best of his novels to film.....adbs.

not sure what you expected. even the notebook is pretty cringe worthy ;)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Added today:

Asmodexia (Horror, Supernatural)
Bad Asses on the Bayou (Action, Thriller)
El Nino (Action, Thriller, Foreign)
God's Slave (Thriller, Foreign)
Mortal Kombat: The Movie (Action, Fantasy)
My Mistress (Drama)
Sense8 Season 1 (TV, SciFi, Netflix Original)
The Lost Boys: Special Edition (Horror, Vampire)
The Nun (Drama, Foreign)
The X-Files Seasons 1-9 in HD (TV, SciFi)
What is special about the lost boys special edition?

Amir0x

Banned
Well Sense8 is basically an abomination unto mankind, so I hope orange is the new black season 3 is decent. Season 2 was kiiinda weak especially compared to season 1. With the whole Vee situation resolved, I'm hopeful.

PrawnyNZ

Well Sense8 is basically an abomination unto mankind, so I hope orange is the new black season 3 is decent. Season 2 was kiiinda weak especially compared to season 1. With the whole Vee situation resolved, I'm hopeful.

I'm struggling through the first episode of Sense8. Stopped at 38 mins and wondering if I should continue.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I'm struggling through the first episode of Sense8. Stopped at 38 mins and wondering if I should continue.

Congratulations are in order: you made it about 8 minutes further than I was able to. When a show is that awful right out of the gate, I feel pretty comfortable never wasting more of my time on it.

Amir0x

Banned

Last night I got up to mid-way through episode 3 and I was like vomiting from how atrocious the writing was. It's not like I don't think the concept is a neat one for a show, but in order to believe anything that is going on I'd have to like abandon my sense. It is one of the worst written TV shows I've ever personally watched. I know there's worse out there, but I try to make it a habit not to watch those.

Today I tried to finish episode 3 and I got to the end of Episode 4, and that's it. I can't take anymore. There's just no way I'll ever be able to get past how abysmally it is written and how painfully stereotyped each character is. It's like a first grader's attempt at social awareness.

PrawnyNZ

Thanks GAF for convincing me not to watch more. Watched Hector and the Search for Happiness instead. Was worth the watch, I like Simon Pegg movies in general. Just felt like it was 15-30 minutes too long though.

RedAssedApe

Banned
bowed out after watching a few minutes of the first episode and reading that this show is cloud atlas for tv.

seems like all they can get right these days are the visuals and that's not really enough for me to waste 12 hrs. i will probably go back and finish the pilot though. just to see how much worse the writing can get

El Topo

I didn't find the dialogue too much of a problem. It's only while rewatching that I really noticed how cheesy it often is. Not for everyone I guess. Then again, Oscar quality compared to Between.

Amir0x

Banned
I've seen way worse dialogue on TV in shows I like. It's totally fine.

It's not fine. It's OK to like the show, but it's not fine. I can list the script here for people and few if anyone would think it's a decent standard for even remotely acceptable dialogue. Every stereotype character literally says out loud their ridiculous social conundrums as if they're part of a school movie special of the week.

"WHAT IF HE GETS BETTER AND KILLS SOMEONE THOUGH?" (also it was bad enough trying to suspend my disbelief for a <EP1,2,3>
hospital literally saying it would refuse service to a shot boy, but then the Nomi hospital shit happened where they're keeping her against her will and are going to lobotomize her? Give me a break. Not just bad writing, but horrific plotting.
)

I mean I am glad the show is diverse, but if they're going to handle their subjects with all the nuance of getting smashed in the face with a sledgehammer, I'd rather hold shows to a higher standard.

You're being overly critical Amir0x. The dialogue and plotting aren't nearly as bad as what you're insinuating and posting a script for anything is always going to come across flatter than it does in action. Like when several people saw the pilot script for Fox's upcoming show Lucifer, it was blasted for the writing. Yet reviews on the pilot that have come back have said the Actor actually makes it work somehow. And THAT writing was PARTICULARLY terrible.

In a TV show that's shot in such a way that many people are saying they were lost on the plot for the first few episodes, sometimes it's better to be on the nose with the dialogue rather than subtle. Especially when addressing some of the things this show addresses. Straight forward and even cliche'd dialogue will very clearly state what characters are going through and what they're feeling so that people who may think they can't identify with those characters initially can see that they actually can. It's bedrock foundation for less perceptive or even personally biased viewers. It's blunt, sure, but it's a tv show not an arthouse indie movie.

Amir0x

Banned
You're being overly critical Amir0x. The dialogue and plotting aren't nearly as bad as what you're insinuating and posting a script for anything is always going to come across flatter than it does in action. Like when several people saw the pilot script for Fox's upcoming show Lucifer, it was blasted for the writing. Yet reviews on the pilot that have come back have said the Actor actually makes it work somehow. And THAT writing was PARTICULARLY terrible.

In a TV show that's shot in such a way that many people are saying they were lost on the plot for the first few episodes, sometimes it's better to be on the nose with the dialogue rather than subtle. Especially when addressing some of the things this show addresses. Straight forward and even cliche'd dialogue will very clearly state what characters are going through and what they're feeling so that people who may think they can't identify with those characters initially can see that they actually can. It's bedrock foundation for less perceptive or even personally biased viewers. It's blunt, sure, but it's a tv show not an arthouse indie movie.

How horrendous its writing is continues to be an almost unanimous criticism. There's nothing overly critical about what I'm saying. The writing is legit abominable.

The writing is not just "on the nose", it's unnatural garbage meant for the lowest common denominator. They presume the audience is straight fucking morons and write about significant social problems with all the subtlety of a nuclear bomb going off in your face. It's an idiots guide to social awareness and I don't appreciate a show treating its audience like a moron, nor the implication that the writers themselves have about as capable a grasp of these subjects as a first grader. If this is your preference, that's cool. But people pretty much everywhere aren't shitting on the writing of Sense8 for shits and giggles. It's atrocious.

How horrendous its writing is continues to be an almost unanimous criticism. There's nothing overly critical about what I'm saying. The writing is legit abominable.

I haven't scoured the internet for opinions on the writing but here on GAF I take consensus with a grain of salt. Genre is polarizing, The Wachowskis are polarizing, and people tend to lean towards exaggeration when expressing opinions in general as well.

I've watched 8 episodes thus far and nothing in it has been as bad as what people are describing. Nothing has reached 2 Broke Girls/Odd Couple/2 and Half Men level writing.

If people don't want to watch it due to the writing, that's fine. However I'm not finding it to be universally bad writing at all.

Edit:

The writing is not just "on the nose", it's unnatural garbage meant for the lowest common denominator. They presume the audience is straight fucking morons and write about significant social problems with all the subtlety of a nuclear bomb going off in your face. It's an idiots guide to social awareness and I don't appreciate a show treating its audience like a moron, nor the implication that the writers themselves have about as capable a grasp of these subjects as a first grader. If this is your preference, that's cool. But people pretty much everywhere aren't shitting on the writing of Sense8 for shits and giggles. It's atrocious.

"Unnatural garbage meant for the lowest common denominator" is a very extreme description for something that is not at all being universally panned. I don't get that impression at all watching the show.

Amir0x

Banned
I haven't scoured the internet for opinions on the writing but here on GAF I take consensus with a grain of salt. Genre is polarizing, The Wachowskis are polarizing, and people tend to lean towards exaggeration when expressing opinions in general as well.

I've watched 8 episodes thus far and nothing in it has been as bad as what people are describing. Nothing has reached 2 Broke Girls/Odd Couple/2 and Half Men level writing.

If people don't want to watch it due to the writing, that's fine. However I'm not finding it to be universally bad writing at all.

There are worst shows for writing I'm sure, but I make it a habit not to watch those. This has been torturous for all the episodes I managed to make it through.

And it's also insultingly plotted at times. As I already mentioned,
a hospital that is going to refuse treating a shot boy? A hospital that is going to keep Nomi against her will and lobotomize her? Fuck outta here.
This is so infantile I can't believe I even have to explain why this is so fucking stupid and poorly written. Characters literally explain in their most doofus-faced way the social conundrums behind such comically awful events, as if you weren't already having your face clawed apart by the limp dicked lion of social awareness the show is painfully trying to get across every two goddamn seconds.
"What if the boy lives and then goes on to kill someone? You'll have to live with that guilt!" GROAN.
This is someone who has seen the riots in Ferguson and decided to go into the kiddie pool to plumb its meaning. This writer has literally next to no grasp of the complexities of these situations (or has no talent for actually exploring them), and instead sees fit to explain them to the audience in little bits of aspirational catchphrases or stern finger wagging for first grader's.

And even in situations that aren't plainly meant to be a Saturday School movie of the week lesson in the emergent social issues of the day, the writing is just gut punching in its offensiveness.

"WHY ARE YOU JEALOUS OF THE ARM WHEN YOU HAVE MY HEART"
"I'M CRYING BECAUSE NOBODY HAS EVER DEFENDED ME BEFORE."

In this show, emotions cannot be interpreted using basic fucking intellectual means, but must be agonizingly mapped out in doe-faced dialogue from the one dimensional stereotype characters.

This is fanfiction level writing that would not feel out of place in Fifty Shades of Grey. And wow, that book sold a million trillion copies, but is still acknowledged as a written piece of festering shit.

Sense8 has good visual direction and a compelling premise, but it is near constantly let down by the failures of its writers. Just check the Sense8 thread's first few pages, or the 63 metacritic consensus. Often even those who liked the show acknowledge how bad the writing is.

Daria

finished the first episode of Sense8 last night and it was not good. the writing and acting from the cops were the worst part of it for me because that kid was clearly not making it and the dialogue about just letting him sit there? ugh. chiraq reference? even more ugh. i don't think I'm continuing on with it.

I did however start Black Mirror afterwards which won me over a bit. seems like it has a little bit more grip on what to do and the actors and actresses seem to be playing a role good so far

I did however start Black Mirror afterwards which won me over a bit. seems like it has a little bit more grip on what to do and the actors and actresses seem to be playing a role good so far

Black Mirror is more like twilight zone with each episode being self contained. Some of them are absolutely incredible.

There are worst shows for writing I'm sure, but I make it a habit not to watch those. This has been torturous for all the episodes I managed to make it through.

And it's also insultingly plotted at times. As I already mentioned,
a hospital that is going to refuse treating a shot boy? A hospital that is going to keep Nomi against her will and lobotomize her? Fuck outta here.
This is so infantile I can't believe I even have to explain why this is so fucking stupid and poorly written. Characters literally explain in their most doofus-faced way the social conundrums behind such comically awful events, as if you weren't already having your face clawed apart by the limp dicked lion of social awareness the show is painfully trying to get across every two goddamn seconds.
"What if the boy lives and then goes on to kill someone? You'll have to live with that guilt!" GROAN.
This is someone who has seen the riots in Ferguson and decided to go into the kiddie pool to plumb its meaning. This writer has literally next to no grasp of the complexities of these situations (or has no talent for actually exploring them), and instead sees fit to explain them to the audience in little bits of aspirational catchphrases or stern finger wagging for first grader's.

And even in situations that aren't plainly meant to be a Saturday School movie of the week lesson in the emergent social issues of the day, the writing is just gut punching in its offensiveness.

"WHY ARE YOU JEALOUS OF THE ARM WHEN YOU HAVE MY HEART"
"I'M CRYING BECAUSE NOBODY HAS EVER DEFENDED ME BEFORE."

In this show, emotions cannot be interpreted using basic fucking intellectual means, but must be agonizingly mapped out in doe-faced dialogue from the one dimensional stereotype characters.

This is fanfiction level writing that would not feel out of place in Fifty Shades of Grey. And wow, that book sold a million trillion copies, but is still acknowledged as a written piece of festering shit.

Sense8 has good visual direction and a compelling premise, but it is near constantly let down by the failures of its writers. Just check the Sense8 thread's first few pages, or the 63 metacritic consensus. Often even those who liked the show acknowledge how bad the writing is.

I don't find it hard to believe at all that a hospital would turn away patients if the abundance of them was hurting their profits, let alone their ability to treat other patients. A privately owned hospital would be able to do just that. Likewise, patients being held against their will is perfectly feasible to me if the Physician can reasonably assert a 5150, which is exactly what the plot suggests by the Doctors own description of what he claims Nomi has. He simply has to suggest that her condition is advanced far enough that she'd be a danger to herself or others. Her mother being her only legal Next of Kin agreeing with the Doctor seals the deal on that.
You may not like it but I don't see either of those as out of the realm of possibility at all.

As for the dialogue you listed in spoilers... I plainly didn't find it that egregious an offense. More to the point, I can see many people not bothering to even think about that factor because most people passively watch tv and movies. So if intent isn't blatantly shown or explained at some point, they miss it entirely. So I look at those kinds of lines as a necessary evil when trying to appeal to a wider audience.

The other two lines you listed are not that bad. The first one was clearly intended to be cheesy as the follow up response punchlines it. The second is a shorcut to backstory. Sure they could have shown that with more subtlety but the show has 8 main characters in addition to supplementary characters who all need to be fleshed out.
Hell, I didn't even realize that Nomi was Trans until much later than I should have and I'm usually pretty good at picking up context clues. Seriously slapping myself for not realizing it when her mother mentioned her previous name.

I'm not arguing at all that the dialogue is artful or deep. Just that it's not as bad as you're painting it to be. I consume quite a bit of TV and Film and Sense8 at it's worse is about average. Slightly below average for Netflix (Hemlock Grove brings that average WAY down). If it were a broadcast show though? Squarely average in it's lowest points.

El Topo

Hemlock Grove brings that average way up from Between though. Probably the worst show I've ever seen, unless we count something like the last season of Earth: Final Conflict.

Hemlock Grove brings that average way up from Between though. Probably the worst show I've ever seen, unless we count something like the last season of Earth: Final Conflict.

Between is a Co-Production though. So City (tv station) is responsible for the majority of that I'd think.

El Topo

Between is a Co-Production though. So City (tv station) is responsible for the majority of that I'd think.

Fair enough. I just wanted to use the opportunity to express my disdain for Between. As bad as Hemlock Grove is, at least the show is entertaining. The ending of season two alone made it all worth it.
Worst Netflix show? Probably true, but it has some charm. It's a trainwreck of a show, but an amusing one.

Amir0x

Banned
Between is a Canadian show that just happens to be aired simultaneously on Netflix, not sure that quite counts as a Netflix production. That one hit my filter, no way I'm bothering with that crap.

I don't find it hard to believe at all that a hospital would turn away patients if the abundance of them was hurting their profits, let alone their ability to treat other patients. A privately owned hospital would be able to do just that. Likewise, patients being held against their will is perfectly feasible to me if the Physician can reasonably assert a 5150, which is exactly what the plot suggests by the Doctors own description of what he claims Nomi has. He simply has to suggest that her condition is advanced far enough that she'd be a danger to herself or others. Her mother being her only legal Next of Kin agreeing with the Doctor seals the deal on that.
You may not like it but I don't see either of those as out of the realm of possibility at all.

Except
there's a law called the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, which requires any hospital that takes Medicare funds to take any trauma victim, regardless of ability to pay, poverty level or emergency care need. As essentially all hospitals, private or otherwise, must take Medicare funds to be able to function,
Wikipedia states it best:

"Because there are very few hospitals that do not accept Medicare, the law applies to nearly all hospitals." The combined payments of Medicare and Medicaid, $602 billion in 2004, or roughly 44% of all medical expenditures in the U.S., make not participating in EMTALA impractical for nearly all hospitals. EMTALA's provisions apply to all patients, not just to Medicare patients.

On top of this, the very few hospitals which don't take MediCare funds all have exemptions for treating patients under 15. Any wounded patient under 15 would be taken care of.

It's abject bullshit made to exemplify a painfully obvious point because the writers are complete failures in every conceivable way. Your agonizing attempt to find a way to excuse it just illustrates why it's difficult for you to accept how severe the criticism of this shows dialogue is in so many corners. You actually think this stuff can be plausible, and you legitimately think the
diarrhea dialogue coming out of the hospital staff and the officer is something of a necessary evil.

It's not. The best shows do not pander to ridiculous idiot audience members, and are not written by functional morons incapable of grasping even the simplest nuance in these complex social issues.

Additionally in no alternative universe will a doctor/physician ever be able to
assert a 5150 for what Nomi is going through. I haven't watched every episode so maybe later down the line we find out that this stuff was tampered with and the Doctor was paid off by those hunting the Sensate people
, but unless that happens it's utter nonsense written once again by someone trying to painfully punch the audience across the face with how FUCKED UP&#8482; people can be toward transgender individuals. It's not bad enough what they already go through, they gotta invent some modern inconceivable event filled by other stereotype characters who fit all the typical genre molds and are just as likely to spout the ridiculous aphorisms about what is going on as the next one dimensional cretin.

As for the dialogue you listed in spoilers... I plainly didn't find it that egregious an offense. More to the point, I can see many people not bothering to even think about that factor because most people passively watch tv and movies. So if intent isn't blatantly shown or explained at some point, they miss it entirely. So I look at those kinds of lines as a necessary evil when trying to appeal to a wider audience.

Except as has been illustrated, and which you flatly refuse to acknowledge, tons of the audience are thinking about it. The Sense8 official topics across the internet are packed with people complaining about the dialogue, not just on GAF. The reviews for the show are rife with criticisms about this problem.

There is nothing wrong with liking the show. But nobody is exaggerating the problem. Yes, there is always something worse out there. I intentionally AVOID the worst shit out there, because I don't want to have to suffer the shit I did to try to get through an episode of Sense8. But this show clearly did not get through the filter, because I think the Wachowski's are hit or miss and when they hit they're fascinating film makers. But clearly I was wrong to bother.

Kinsei

Banned
assert a 5150 for what Nomi is going through. I haven't watched every episode so maybe later down the line we find out that this stuff was tampered with and the Doctor was paid off by those hunting the Sensate people
, but unless that happens it's utter nonsense written once again by someone trying to painfully punch the audience across the face with how FUCKED UP&#8482; people can be toward transgender individuals. It's not bad enough what they already go through, they gotta invent some modern inconceivable event filled by other stereotype characters who fit all the typical genre molds and are just as likely to spout the ridiculous aphorisms about what is going on as the next one dimensional cretin.

Of course the doctor is part of the organization hunting the sensates. I thought that was made clear as soon as he brought up the operation.

I don;t think Nomi is a stereotype at all. What she's going through in terms of being trans (interacting with a TERF, dealing with an unsupportive "family" member,
bullying as a child
, and so on) is stuff a lot of us do go through. Why is it so wrong to portray it on screen? Maybe if that stuff was all there was to her I'd agree with you, but it's not.

I'm in full agreement on the scenes
with the kid who was shot.

Between is a Canadian show that just happens to be aired simultaneously on Netflix, not sure that quite counts as a Netflix production. That one hit my filter, no way I'm bothering with that crap.

Except
there's a law called the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act, which requires any hospital that takes Medicare funds to take any trauma victim, regardless of ability to pay, poverty level or emergency care need. As essentially all hospitals, private or otherwise, must take Medicare funds to be able to function,
Wikipedia states it best:

On top of this, the very few hospitals which don't take MediCare funds all have exemptions for treating patients under 15. Any wounded patient under 15 would be taken care of.

It's abject bullshit made to exemplify a painfully obvious point because the writers are complete failures in every conceivable way. Your agonizing attempt to find a way to excuse it just illustrates why it's difficult for you to accept how severe the criticism of this shows dialogue is in so many corners. You actually think this stuff can be plausible, and you legitimately think the
diarrhea dialogue coming out of the hospital staff and the officer is something of a necessary evil.

I'm well aware
that any Hospital that accepts Federal Funds wouldn't be able to refuse an emergency patient. That I didn't actually Google the amount of Hospitals for the sake of an argument doesn't change the believability and in a country that doesn't even know it's own history well enough to pass it's own Naturalization test, it's fair to assume that most viewers wouldn't be aware of how rare that is. Half of America doesn't even care to look up the specifics of the Affordable Care Act, but they're supposed to know the specifics of Federal Funding for Hospitals? Let alone the fact that this show is available in every country that Netflix is in.

It's not at all an "agonizing attempt." It's a normal person using their average knowledge to make an reasonable assumption.

It's not. The best shows do not pander to ridiculous idiot audience members, and are not written by functional morons incapable of grasping even the simplest nuance in these complex social issues.

, but unless that happens it's utter nonsense written once again by someone trying to painfully punch the audience across the face with how FUCKED UP™ people can be toward transgender individuals. It's not bad enough what they already go through, they gotta invent some modern inconceivable event filled by other stereotype characters who fit all the typical genre molds and are just as likely to spout the ridiculous aphorisms about what is going on as the next one dimensional cretin.

The only thing that suggests how fucked up people can be towards Transgender individuals with regards to her treatment in the Hospital is the actions of Nomi's mother. The Doctor's actions fit within the confines of the symptoms he described for what he diagnosed her with. Given the symptoms as described, a 5150 seems a reasonable explanation to staffs treatment of Nomi. The symptoms described don't sound too far off from a Dementia type of condition, which can result in a surrogate decision maker, which her mother would be taken as in her case.

Except as has been illustrated, and which you flatly refuse to acknowledge, tons of the audience are thinking about it. The Sense8 official topics across the internet are packed with people complaining about the dialogue, not just on GAF. The reviews for the show are rife with criticisms about this problem.

There is nothing wrong with liking the show. But nobody is exaggerating the problem. Yes, there is always something worse out there. I intentionally AVOID the worst shit out there, because I don't want to have to suffer the shit I did to try to get through an episode of Sense8. But this show clearly did not get through the filter, because I think the Wachowski's are hit or miss and when they hit they're fascinating film makers. But clearly I was wrong to bother.

Tons? The show is an international release and much of what you assert to be common knowledge isn't at all common internationally. And ok, lots of people are complaining about dialogue. I don't see it. People all over shit on the last two Matrix movies as well. Not nearly as bad as the vitriol would suggest. Cloud Atlas? Again, not nearly as bad as what is often said about it. I can't guess as to what motivates people to absolutely trash things they don't like but it's increasingly rare to find opinions on nearly anything that aren't one extreme or the other. I mean even your language in debate with me is starting to lean towards and extreme. I get that you feel insulted watching the show. I don't understand why you feel insulted and I disagree with your impression of the show so I doubt I ever will.

jakncoke

Banned
Just watched the color version of A Trip to the Moon from 1902. With the Air soundtrack it is a perfect acid trip movie.

Ye i noticed that was up there, its a damn shame the silent era up till gritty 70s is kind of a lost thought for netflix. I assume its mostly licensing nightmare

Kaladin

Friends, I highly recommend going all in with Sens8. It's a slow burn, but an enjoyable ride.

I've got two episodes left and plan on knocking them out tonight.

neoism

bowed out after watching a few minutes of the first episode and reading that this show is cloud atlas for tv.

seems like all they can get right these days are the visuals and that's not really enough for me to waste 12 hrs. i will probably go back and finish the pilot though. just to see how much worse the writing can get

yeah watched the first ep and im done... also watched Jupiter Ascending (had to read the wiki and it still didnt make any sense) and I just dont understand how they wrote The Matrix... to me even though I thought the second was good and the third was just okish... they are truly one hit wonders...They are great directors the both or them but I swear it was the main fact they didnt have loads and loads of budget, that really helped the Matrix... but they haven't done anything worth a damn in a loooong time.. I didnt like that race movie wasnt my thing but... The Matrix is there masterpiece dont think they well ever do better,real shame... I even like Cloud Atlas but it wasnt from them and they had someone help direct.

Top Bottom