• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Grace of Monaco (Drama)
Happy Valley (Documentary, Sports)
Killers (Action, Thriller, Foreign)
On the Road (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Primer (Indie, Thriller, SciFi)
The Kidnapping of Freddy Heineken (Thriller)
Words and Pictures (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)

Canada:

Adventures in Babysitting (Comedy)
Archer Season 6 (TV, Comedy)
Auschwitz: Inside the Nazi State Season 1 (TV, Historical)
Being Erica Season 1-4 (TV, Drama, Comedy)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 2 (TV, Comedy, Amy's Sex Tape)
Drop Dead Diva Season 5 (TV, Comedy)
Doctor Who Season 8 (TV, SciFi)
Oz the Great and Powerful (Family)
Whiplash (Indie, Drama)

UK:

Continuum Season 3 (TV, SciFi)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 10 (TV, Comedy, Wild Card)
The Expendables 3 (Action)

France:

Elementary Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Penny Dreadful Season 2 (TV, Drama)
The Big Bang Theory Season 6 (TV, Comedy)
The Mentalist Season 5-6 (TV, Drama)

Germany:

Person of Interest Season 3 (TV, Drama)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
yeah watched the first ep and im done... also watched Jupiter Ascending (had to read the wiki and it still didnt make any sense) and I just dont understand how they wrote The Matrix... to me even though I thought the second was good and the third was just okish... they are truly one hit wonders...They are great directors the both or them but I swear it was the main fact they didnt have loads and loads of budget, that really helped the Matrix... but they haven't done anything worth a damn in a loooong time.. I didnt like that race movie wasnt my thing but... The Matrix is there masterpiece dont think they well ever do better,real shame... I even like Cloud Atlas but it wasnt from them and they had someone help direct.

Speed Racer tho

Bleepey

Ye i noticed that was up there, its a damn shame the silent era up till gritty 70s is kind of a lost thought for netflix. I assume its mostly licensing nightmare

They should have an audio track that's an extended version of the Smashing Pumpkins tonight. Man I love that song and video.

Xater

Added today:

Grace of Monaco (Drama)
Happy Valley (Documentary, Sports)
Killers (Action, Thriller, Foreign)
On the Road (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Primer (Indie, Thriller, SciFi)
The Kidnapping of Freddy Heineken (Thriller)
Words and Pictures (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)

Canada:

Adventures in Babysitting (Comedy)
Archer Season 6 (TV, Comedy)
Auschwitz: Inside the Nazi State Season 1 (TV, Historical)
Being Erica Season 1-4 (TV, Drama, Comedy)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 2 (TV, Comedy, Amy's Sex Tape)
Drop Dead Diva Season 5 (TV, Comedy)
Doctor Who Season 8 (TV, SciFi)
Oz the Great and Powerful (Family)
Whiplash (Indie, Drama)

UK:

Continuum Season 3 (TV, SciFi)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 10 (TV, Comedy, Wild Card)
The Expendables 3 (Action)

France:

Elementary Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Penny Dreadful Season 2 (TV, Drama)
The Big Bang Theory Season 6 (TV, Comedy)
The Mentalist Season 5-6 (TV, Drama)

Germany:

Person of Interest Season 3 (TV, Drama)

Oh nice. Will probably watch Expendables 3 and maybe re-watch Primer which is awesome.

Nah, I thought I watched it a long time ago. I think I just got confused with me remembering watching it on the Canadian Netflix and then it popping up on the US one instead of a season 2 popping up.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Cross posting from the OT:

I finished it. Great series. It definitely gets better after the slow start. I love how everything started to come together towards the final four episodes (especially the final two).

The show is beautiful shot. The action scenes are really well done
(The car chase scene with Capheus and the revenge killing with Wolfgang, being my two favorites)

Sun and Lito were my favorite characters. Lito's story arc was great and brought onion cutting ninjas to my house. Sun was, straight up, a fucking badass.

I do have a few (minor) gripes with the show. One, is something has mentioned, and will be mentioned for anyone that watches it, the dialogue can be bad. I don't think it life causing cancer bad like some make it out to be, however. Two, not enough Naveen Andrews. Although, this is understandable since they already have eight characters running around. plus supporting and bad characters.

Overall, it was a fun ride and I can not wait for season two.

Kaladin

I tried the Grace and Frankie pilot last night.

It wasn't bad...but it also wasn't believable. I just didn't buy into the whole concept of two couples being friends for so long, and the men hiding their gay relationship for 20 years of it.

I also didn't really buy Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston in their roles.

Lilly Tomlin and Jane Fonda made it work though, and the show would have fallen apart without them.

I don't know if I will continue with it or not.

Great that Netflix is branching out to other genres though.

Slacker

I tried the Grace and Frankie pilot last night.

It wasn't bad...but it also wasn't believable. I just didn't buy into the whole concept of two couples being friends for so long, and the men hiding their gay relationship for 20 years of it.

I also didn't really buy Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston in their roles.

Lilly Tomlin and Jane Fonda made it work though, and the show would have fallen apart without them.

I don't know if I will continue with it or not.

Great that Netflix is branching out to other genres though.

Stick with it. The first couple of episodes relied a little too much on somewhat broad humor (Frankie is weird let's LOL at her!), but things smooth out pretty fast. I agree on Martin Sheen - I had a hard time remembering he wasn't President Bartlett. Disagree on Waterston, though, I thought he was great. He really grows in to the role as the series progresses.

Overall it's a well written and very sincere show with some really great moments (both funny and dramatic). I'm glad we're getting a season 2.

If only Netflix existed when Freaks and Geeks was cancelled :(

I've thought this so many times. :(

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Those are all good choices, but, we all know in our hearts that Netflix should bring back Terriers.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Farewell Herr Schwarz (Documentary, Biographical, Foreign)
Grace of Monaco (Drama)
It's Tough Being Loved by Jerks (Documentary, Social, Foreign)
Remote Area Medical (Documentary, Social)
The Sisterhood of Night (Drama)

Canada:

Mr. D Season 3 (TV, Comedy)

UK:

Best Laid Plans (Thriller)

Germany:

Planes (Family, Animation)

Sweden:

Star Trek: Insurrection (Action, SciFi)

Denmark:

The Americans Season 2 (TV, Drama)

I've read some negative stuff about Hola recently and stopped using it. Is it really as bad as people are making it out to be? What are the other options for region unblocking?

Susurrus

So I ended up going with PureVPN after I dropped Hola, as they were the only service that included a large amount (all?) of the Netflix regions and also Japan, They were running a special so I got 2 years for $50.

Service runs well so far, though admittedly I haven't streamed anything from US servers yet. I've tried it with Netflix Denmark & Hulu Japan (sitting in Germany) and they both ran well in HD. Had trouble w/ Hulu Japan detecting that I wasn't in Japan at first, but the customer service was spot on in helping me out.

Stackboy

Started Bloodline last night. Really digging it, surprised that even my wife is into it, she's not so much into dark drama.

It got a second season yeah?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Father of the Bride (Comedy)
Free the Nipple (Indie, Drama, Comedy)
Nightcrawler (Indie, Thriller)
Rosewater (Drama)
The Dramatics: A Comedy (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
The Hunt with John Walsh Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
The Legend 1, 2 (Action, Foreign)

Mexico:

The Legend of Bruce Lee Season 1 (TV, Action, Drama)
The Man with the Iron Fists (Action, Thriller)

Sweden:

Say Anything (Romantic, Comedy)

Davey Cakes

I've been wanting to check out The Legend. Nice.

I highly recommend Nightcrawler. Intriguing movie, fantastic performance by Gyllenhaal.

Haint

So I watched Badadook on all the ravings about how great it is and the big pay off ending you'll never see coming and I'm wondering if there are 2 versions of the movie or something? I watched the BD and spoilers ahead (if you can call them that)
there was effectively no ending, it just abruptly cuts to credits like every other quasi-cerebral horror movie in existence with the open ended and false leads leaving the viewer to guess what (if anything) was real and perhaps concoct metaphorical explanations..

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Nope, no two versions of the movie. Just a bunch of people overhyping it for no good reason. Terrible.

Top Bottom