• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

I'm torn on Sense8.

It starts really, really slow and doesn't seem to have much to it but, the last 4 or 5 episodes are fantastic. Once they find out what they are and how to put it to use (and move beyond the annoying social stuff in it) the show became really good. It's too bad they didn't move it along more in the earlier episodes, as I'm sure it lost a lot of people in the first four or five episodes.

I do think a second season of it, if it were to happen, could be one of the better shows on Netflix now that the main theme of it is underway. It's just a shame it took so long to get there.

Anyways, I'm off to start Orange is the New Black season three now. I've avoided everything posted about it everywhere so hopefully it's as good as the first two seasons.

a-new-series-of-unfortunate-events-to-hit-netflix-in-2016-462487.jpg

Lemony Snicket to hit Netflix in 2016.

I loved the film, so I'm on board with this.

WHAT? That's pretty cool. Hope its a bit better than the movie. A little bit darker. The books didn't capture the right vibe IMO

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I just saw Whiplash (Canada). Really lived up to the hype for me. Simmons was a joy to watch. I think this is one of his best films. And Miles was great in his own right. The ending had me at the edge of my seat. It was intense. The music was incredible too.

Definitely watch this.

I just saw Whiplash (Canada). Really lived up to the hype for me. Simmons was a joy to watch. I think this is one of his best films. And Miles was great in his own right. The ending had me at the edge of my seat. It was intense. The music was incredible too.

Definitely watch this.

It's really, really good. I can't recommend it enough.

Even if I own all but the final season on blu ray, I felt the urge to watch an episode of Fringe tonight.

Anyone that hasn't seen it and needs a great series to marathon this summer needs to look into it. One of the best sci-fi series ever, and it is even better on re-watches because you see so much more knowing where it all ends up.

Yeah, I jumped to my favorite episode of the whole series (The Plateau in season 3), but it just reminds me of how strong the series as a whole is.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

All the Wilderness (Indie, Drama)
Avengers Grimm (Action, SciFi)
Cedar Cove Season 2 (TV, Drama)

Brazil:

Armour of God (Action, Foreign)
The Master (Indie, Drama)

WHAT? That's pretty cool. Hope its a bit better than the movie. A little bit darker. The books didn't capture the right vibe IMO

Wait, are you saying the books didn't capture the right vibe of the movie?

The books like ARE the vibe.

Anyway, a series is PERFECT. I thought the movie drained all the life out of easily the smartest and best childrens book series of all time. goddam dahl meets nabokov in that shit. you need a season per volume to really nail the detail and a network like netflix to let you play with form the way the books do.

Heroman

Banned
Finish Broadchurch
It was a fucking fantastic who done it, if your are looking for one of the best drama on Netflix give this a try.

Wait, are you saying the books didn't capture the right vibe of the movie?

The books like ARE the vibe.

Anyway, a series is PERFECT. I thought the movie drained all the life out of easily the smartest and best childrens book series of all time. goddam dahl meets nabokov in that shit. you need a season per volume to really nail the detail and a network like netflix to let you play with form the way the books do.
I meant the movies, lol

The movies were a bit too comical IMO not the twisted dark comedy of the books

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Another day, another Netflix Original.

Netflix boss Ted Sarandos said in January that the Internet network is aiming at offering as many as 20 original scripted series a year. The company is well on its way with a slew of new series pickups in the past few months. The latest is Lady Dynamite, a single-camera comedy starring actress-comedian Maria Bamford. It is executive produced by Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz who has a deal at Netflix and cast Bamford as Debris Bardeaux in the new installment of his cult comedy he did for the streaming giant in 2013.

Co-written by Hurwitz and South Park alumna Pam Brady and produced by Netflix, Lady Dynamite, which had received 13-episode order, “is based on what Bamford has accepted to be ‘her life.’ The occasionally surreal episodes, refracted across multiple periods inspired by the actor/comedian’s life, tell the story of a woman who loses – and then finds – her s**t.”

Brady, Hurwitz and Bamford executive produce, with Brady serving as showrunner.

This marks the latest comedy series order for Netflix, which recently picked up the single-camera Bob Odenkirk-David Cross sketch comedy With Bob And David and an untitled Aziz Ansari show, and the multi-camera Fuller House and The Ranch starring Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson, which is in the final stages of deal-making. Coming up are the Wet Hot American Summer followup series and the Judd Apatow-produced Love.

Bamford is the creator and star of cult web series The Maria Bamford Show and Maria Bamford: the special special special, which is available on Netflix. She is the first female comic to have two half-hour Comedy Central Presents specials and appeared in the Comedy Central series The Comedians Of Comedy and Netflix’s Comedians Of Comedy: The Movie. Bamford’s extensive voiceover work includes Netflix’s BoJack Horseman as well as Cartoon Network’s Adventure Time and PBS’ Word Girl.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Most Wanted Man (Thriller)
Daddy's Home (Drama, Comedy)
Earth from Above Season 1-4 (TV, Documentary)
Gori Tere Pyaar Mein (Comedy, Bollywood)
Revolver Rani (Action, Comedy, Bollywood)
Some Assembly Required Season 1 (TV, Kids)

Canada:

Dragons' Den Season 9 (TV, Reality)

France:

High School of the Dead (Anime)
Kids of the Slope (Anime)
Sin (Action, Thriller)
The Musketeers Season 1 (TV, Drama)

Brazil:

Defiance Season 2 (TV, Drama)
Jet Li's Fearless (Action, Drama, Foreign)

Netherlands:

Superbad (Comedy, McLoving)
The Runaways (Drama)

tim.mbp

Does error reporting work for anyone since the rollout? Trying to watch The Debt but it's got some crazy ass artifacts that are making it unwatchable.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

16 Love (Romantic, Comedy)
Cake (Indie, Drama)
Louie Season 2 (TV, Comedy)
Supremacy (Thriller)
Survivors Season 2 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
The Birthday Boys Season 2 (TV, Comedy)

tomtom94

Putting together a list of movies to watch now it's the holidays. Suggestions appreciated. Currently I have Prisoners, Gone Girl, Cloud Atlas, Ghost in the Shell and Whiplash.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Louie season 2?

Isn't up to season 4 already, I know it watched season 4 already.

Most likely, sometimes the sites mess things up.

Putting together a list of movies to watch now it's the holidays. Suggestions appreciated. Currently I have Prisoners, Gone Girl, Cloud Atlas, Ghost in the Shell and Whiplash.

Action:

The Warriors
District 13
Kiss of the Dragon
Fast & Furious 6
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Jack Reacher

Comedy:

Airplane
Tucker and Dale vs Evil
Cool Runnings
22 Jump Street
Coming to America

Drama:

Fruitvale Station
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
Zero Dark Thirty
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Warrior
Friday Night Lights

Horror:

You're Next
Event Horizon
The Crazies
The Mist

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Fighting Chance (Documentary, Biographical/Kyle Maynard)
Bombay Talkies (Drama, Foreign)
Confessions of a Prodigal Son (Drama, Faith)
NOVA: Cold Case JFK (TV, Documentary)
Secrets of Althorp - The Spencers (TV, Documentary)
The Magdalene Sisters (Indie, Drama)
Ugly (Thriller)
Walking with the Dead (Comedy, Satire)

UK:

The Purge (Horror, Thriller)

France:

Archer Season 6 (TV, Comedy, Animation)
Samurai Champloo Season 1 (Anime)

Sweden:

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (Action, Animation)

Netherlands:

White House Down (Action)

Tomita

Seems like this is the best place to ask this sort of question... I can't really search it while avoiding spoilers.

I watched the first two episodes of BBC's Luther.
Alice annoys the hell out of me. Is it just me? Does she get any better? I like all the other characters a lot, but when Alice shows up I can't help rolling my eyes. Unfortunately it seems like the show is going to revolve around her and her "relationship" with Luther. Not sure I want to continue watching, if so. Specifically it was her TEEHEE I'M INVESTIGATING YOU~~ schtick that was obnoxious, but...I dunno, her whole "lack of empathy / I'm a genius" crap was annoying too. I guess it's the actor and how she plays it.
I really, really like Luther (the character) though, so it's hard to just pass this one up...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
She isn't as featured in the next season's as season one. I like her and their relationship though.

Tomita

Okay, if it's not the entire series then I'll give it another chance :D

Also, she could still grow onto me. I'm not trying to hate her in every scene, really, haha.

Nyx

Dat Sons of Anarchy...

Watched S4 E10 and E11 yesterday and it went from laughing out loud to 'damn I need to see the next episode'.

The bit where the Sons go out guns blazing to some Mexican stronghold, stepping on landmines and using RPGs like it's business as usual made me laugh out loud. But when Ope finds out Clay killed his father I was glued to the screen again.

Need to watch the last 2 EPs tonight.

Recommend me a film to watch tonight? (UK netflix using my xbox one, not sure how to change it to US)

Thriller/horror/factual anything really.

Fed up of being recommended the inbetweeners best moments and Sharknado

Aiii

So not worth it
Recommend me a film to watch tonight? (UK netflix using my xbox one, not sure how to change it to US)

Thriller/horror/factual anything really.

Fed up of being recommended the inbetweeners best moments and Sharknado

Cube, The Omen, Night of the Living Dead, Insidious?

Top Bottom