• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Exam: I went into this completely blind. This popped up while browsing, the premise intrigued me. "Eight strangers locked in a room, take an exam, trying to find out the answer to an unknown question." This will probably be a love it or hate it movie. It is a great movie, but not the insanely amazing film the reviews seen to make it.

Added today:

Born to Fly (Documentary, Sports)
Camelia la Texana Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Hard to Be a God (Drama, Foreign)
Highlander (Action, Fantasy)
If You Don't, I Will (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
NCIS Season 1-11 (TV, Drama)
The Day My Butt Went Psycho Season 1-2 (TV, Kids)
The Pope from the End of the World (Documentary, Faith)

Nice! I will definitely be watching this

timnich

Is Serenity gone from Canadian Netflix?! I started watching last night, wanted to finish it today but its nowhere to be found...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Full list later: Big Daddy, Grandma's Boy, Kung Fu Hustle, Road House, Underworld: Evolution, and War Games were added.

Canada got The Book of Life. Hype.

Is Serenity gone from Canadian Netflix?! I started watching last night, wanted to finish it today but its nowhere to be found...

It is the first of the month, so it is a possibility.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
^ No, you don't. Been using it for two years.

Added today:

Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid (Action)
An Honest Liar (Documentary)
Bad Hair Day (Family)
Blew Dreams (Indie, Drama)
Big Daddy (Comedy)

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (Comedy)
Chicken Town Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Dancing in the Light: Janet Collins Story (Family)
Dave Attell: Road Work (Stand-up)
Drive Me Crazy (Romantic, Comedy)

El Cartel Season 1-2 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
El Senor de los Cielos Season 1-2 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Grandma's Boy (Comedy)
House of the Rising Sun (Action)
How I Got Over (Documentary, Social)
Inami Season 1 (TV, Kids)

In Enemy Hands (Action)
Kung Fu Hustle (Action, Comedy, Foreign)
La Patrona Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
La Reina del Sur Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
La Usurpadora Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)

Love and Other Catastrophes (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
Love & Engineering (Documentary, Science, Foreign)
Made in Cartagena Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Man Up (Romantic, Comedy)
Next Goal Wins (Documentary, Sports)

Para Volver a Amar Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Piglet's Big Movie (Family)
Plot for Peace (Documentary, Political)
Road House (Action)
Rubi Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Saw V (Horror, Slasher)

Shooting Fish (Romantic, Comedy)
Some Kind of Hero (Drama)
State Fair (Musical)
Sweet Blackberry Presents: Garrett's Gift, Henry Box Brown (Family, Drama)
The Beverly Hillbillies (Comedy)
The Warriors (Action, Come out to play)

Underworld: Evolution (Action, Fantasy)
WarGames (Thriller, SciFi)
When Day Breaks (Drama, Foreign)
Worms (Family)
XH Derbex Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Xiaolin Chronicles Season 1-2 (TV, Kids)
You Got Served (Drama)

Canada:

A Cinderella Story (Family)
Beverly Hill Cops (Action, Comedy, Jaywalking)
Chocolate City (Drama)
High Anxiety (Comedy)
Interview with the Vampire (Horror, Supernatural, Drama)
Iron Man (Action)
NYC Underground (Action, Thriller)
Orphan (Horror, Thriller)
Robin Hood: Men in Tights (Comedy)
Step Up 1-3 (Romantic, Drama)
Swordfish (Action, Thriller)
The Book of Life (Family)
The Company You Keep (Drama, Crime)
The Secret Life of the American Teenager Season 1-5 (TV, Drama)
The Watch (Comedy)
Top Gun (Action, Drama)
Wild Style (Drama)
Young Frankenstein (Comedy)

Germany:

Elementary Season 2 (TV, Drama)
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Family)
The Aristocats (Family)
Toy Story 2 (Family)
Up (Family)

Mexico:

Courage Under Fire (Drama)
Drive (Indie, Thriller)
Margin Call (Thriller)
Oranges and Sunshine (Drama)
The Green Prince (Documentary, Social)

El Topo

Netflix in non-US regions (except for Canada) is quite disappointing. I'm finding it harder to justify the subscription in Germany (not using a VPN), given the few movies they add every month. When your movie highlights (though the list is incomplete) for July are Terminator 3 and Wrath of Titans, that's just...not enough for me. I love TV series, but every once in a while I'd like to watch a movie and in that department Netflix just isn't really doing much in my region.

Might actually switch to Amazon Prime Instant for a few months. Currently using the free month.

hamchan

Netflix in non-US regions (except for Canada) is quite disappointing. I'm finding it harder to justify the subscription in Germany (not using a VPN), given the few movies they add every month. When your movie highlights (though the list is incomplete) for July are Terminator 3 and Wrath of Titans, that's just...not enough for me. I love TV series, but every once in a while I'd like to watch a movie and in that department Netflix just isn't really doing much in my region.

Might actually switch to Amazon Prime Instant for a few months. Currently using the free month.

And why aren't you using a DNS/VPN? If you're already paying the monthly sub, you might as well pay a few more dollars per month to solve all your content issues.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Sorry, but, everyone thinks their Netflix region sucks. And that X region is the region with the best content. Pay the $2(!) to get a DNS blocker and get a crapton of content. To the point where you dont know what to watch anymore.

Stackboy

Sorry, but, everyone thinks their Netflix region sucks. And that X region is the region with the best content. Pay the $2(!) to get a DNS blocker and get a crapton of content. To the point where you dont know what to watch anymore.

Yep, this. I wouldn't be satisfied with just the Australian content Netflix has to offer.

LOL. Over the last few days my wife has been re-watching The Stand on Netflix. She watched part 2 last night and was going to continue tonight, but it just expired. Is it for sale on iTunes? Nope.

Time to hunt down the DVDs then. She wasn't too sad about it though since she had seen it before, but we both did find it very funny how she was halfway through and it disappeared.

Nothing for me in that whole US list. Hola had me spoiled need to subscribe to an unblocker. I have mad lists going of stuff I want to watch on non-US netflix. Canada is GoaT for movies, even better than US.

Xater

Amazon Instant is trash in Germany. Bad selection and 90% of content only available dubbed. Just Netflix Germany is better than that. Get a VPN and Netflix is the only service you ever want to use.

Karu

Amazon Instant is trash in Germany. Bad selection and 90% of content only available dubbed. Just Netflix Germany is better than that. Get a VPN and Netflix is the only service you ever want to use.
Yesyesyes, soso bad. They have such a weird collection of HD/non-HD, dubbed, subbed etc.-programmes. It's confusing, annoying and just terrible. Also part of a another service and cheaper, of course, but still. For streaming alone, it's unrecommendable.

El Topo

I don't particularly hate dubs and the selection seems pretty decent at first glance. It's a free month, so I'm not wasting any money for now. The only thing that's already caught my mind is how abysmal the UI is, other than that it seems fine. Only checked out a few things and they had both the German and the original dub. Selection doesn't seem too bad either, let's not pretend Netflix over here has a decent movie selection.

Xater

Yesyesyes, soso bad. They have such a weird collection of HD/non-HD, dubbed, subbed etc.-programmes. It's confusing, annoying and just terrible. Also part of a another service and cheaper, of course, but still. For streaming alone, it's unrecommendable.

I basically only use it for their original stuff. Transparent is really good. Also need to check out Bosch. Man in the High Castle is also something I will watch once it starts. I only have it because I also want the prime delivery and I pay so little for it. I am still on my student account.

I don't particularly hate dubs and the selection seems pretty decent at first glance. It's a free month, so I'm not wasting any money for now. The only thing that's already caught my mind is how abysmal the UI is, other than that it seems fine. Only checked out a few things and they had both the German and the original dub. Selection doesn't seem too bad either, let's not pretend Netflix over here has a decent movie selection.

Dubs are a no no for me. You better offer the original version or your service is terrible. How can even launch such a service without that option for everything is beyond me.

The Guest is up on Netflix UK and.. Ireland I think? Incredible film.

A friend recently recommended it to me. I need to check it out.

Never had an issue with the movies. Just watched Almanya yesterday (pretty good movie seriously). You have so many old good movies. Even really bad movies where you laugh your ass off. Amazon has newer movies but also nothing really interesting. Sky steals everything away.

kiguel182

Exam: I went into this completely blind. This popped up while browsing, the premise intrigued me. "Eight strangers locked in a room, take an exam, trying to find out the answer to an unknown question." This will probably be a love it or hate it movie. It is a great movie, but not the insanely amazing film the reviews seen to make it.

Watched this because of your recommendation and because I love this kind of premise (seriously love it) and it didn't disappoint. Very enjoyable but
the ending was a little disappointing. The question was "do you have any questions?", how did she realize that from that? And how was anyone supposed to get that? The movie seemed to rely a little too much on ex-machinas to support itself.

I do recommend it to anyone who likes this kind of premise/setting. I'm always searching for movies like these.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Watched this because of your recommendation and because I love this kind of premise (seriously love it) and it didn't disappoint. Very enjoyable but
the ending was a little disappointing. The question was "do you have any questions?", how did she realize that from that? And how was anyone supposed to get that? The movie seemed to rely a little too much on ex-machinas to support itself.

I do recommend it to anyone who likes this kind of premise/setting. I'm always searching for movies like these.

I wasn't a fan of the ending either. I actually had to rewind it to make sure I didn't miss anything important.

If you come across any others like this, please post them. While the ending sucked, I enjoyed the ride.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

48 Hrs (Action, Comedy)
Alive (Action, Thriller)
Almost Famous (Drama)
Bad Hair Day (Family)
Bandits (Action, Comedy)
Batman (Action)
Below Dreams (Indie, Drama)
Black Butler Season 1 (Anime)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (Action, Western)
Choclat (Romantic, Drama)
Conan the Barbarian ('82, Action)
Flashdance (Drama)
Hell is for Heroes (Action, War)
Hostage (Thriller)
In Enemy Hands (Action)
Mr. Mom (Comedy)
Pi (Thriller, SciFi, Mindfuck)
Renaissance (Action, SciFi, Foreign)
Rocky 1-5 (Drama)
Scary Movie (Comedy)
Silence of the Lambs (Thriller)
Star Trek: Insurrection (Action, SciFi)
Street Smart (Crime, Thriller)
Teeth (Horror)
The Day the Earth Stood Still ('51, SciFi)
The Delta Force (Action)
The Immortalists (Documentary)
The Net (Thriller)
The Terminator (Action, SciFi)
The Turning Point (Romantic, Drama)
Uncommon Valor (Action, Thriller)
Underworld (Action, Fantasy)

Canada:

Confessions of a Shopaholic (Romantic, Comedy)
The Fugitive (Action, Thriller)
The Goonies (Family, Never say die)
Oblivion (Action, SciFi)
Pacific Rim (Action, SciFi)

UK:

The Americans Season 1-2 (TV, Drama)
Toy Story 3 (Family)

Mexico:

Despicable Me 2 (Family)
Peppa Pig Sesaon 1 (TV, Kids)

Kaladin

Oh god The Net.

5887.jpg

That movie was so bad when it came out, it's just hilarious now.

rexor0717

I fucking love Kung Fu Hustle. I'm so glad its on Netflix. I'm kinda disappointed that I don't already own the movie.
I had it on UMD once. Lol i know

KJA

I was looking forward watching "The Odd Couple" starring Jack Lemmon but it appears that all of his movies have been pulled off Netflix without warning.

:(

Top Bottom