• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If you live in Chicago, Netflix is going to pass the new "cloud tax" onto you. So expect your bill to go up slightly come September 1st.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Gesar Bard's Tale (Documentary, Social, Foreign)
Alien Outpost (Action, SciFi)
Bandits (Action, Comedy)
Bitten Season 2 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
Dark Summer (Horror, Thriller)
Gerontophilia (Indie, Comedy, Gay & Lesbian)
Loitering with Intent (Indie, Drama, Comedy)
Monster High: Scaris City of Frights (Kids)
Sirius (Documentary, Nature)
The Pact 2 (Horror, Supernatural)
The Search for General Tso (Documentary, Social)
Wild Canaries (Romantic, Comedy)
Witches of East End Season 2 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)

France:

The DUFF (Romantic, Comedy)

Germany:

42 (Drama)
Dreamcatcher (Horror, Supernatural)

Australia:

Blade (Action, Fantasy)

Brazil:

Armin Only: Mirage (Music)
Can U Feel It: The UMF Experience (Music)

Netherlands:

The Santa Clause (Family)
The Three Cablleros (Family)

Netflix France

The DUFF (2015)

Looks really funny

[EDIT]
Watched it, very predictable ... the DUFF in the movie isn't even ugly lol
[/EDIT]

It's the Teen My Fair Lady formula (Love Don't Cost a Thing, She's All That, etc...) except the premise of a DUFF is that they don't actually have to be ugly or fat. Just the least attractive of any particular group. So in that sense, it actually makes more sense than the other movies that use that formula.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
GK, didn't you say you've never seen any Rocky movies?

Need to remedy that shit man.

Yes, sir. I'm planning a Rocky marathon for this weekend.

Going to be doing a classic weekend, every other weekend. There are a bunch of classics I feel I should watch.

Edit - Short list so far:

Young Frankenstein
Apocalypse Now
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Annie Hall
Escape from Alcatraz (only seen parts of it)
Boyz in the Hood
Juice

RedAssedApe

Banned
that creed trailer makes me kind of want to bro out and watch those earlier rocky movies lol

don't want to spoil but that scene with rocky and apollo training on the beach. pure magic

I could just google but since I'm here anyway- how do you switch regions with unblockus or a vpn? Do you do it on your computer? Can you do it for a single device so I can change regions for something I own and it won't affect other people's devices in my house!

And is unblock-us the best one?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For unblock (and probably the same for Adfree), you go to the website, and you click three buttons. Click the drop down menu, it will give you a list of countries, click the country and click update.

This will change the regions for every device you have changed the settings to. So, for example, I have changed the DNS settings to my desktop and laptop. Any time I switch regions, both of those switch. Everything else stays the same.

Personally, I love unblock, but Adfree is the same thing and only $2. I'm just a loyal customer at this point.

Symphonia

Banned
I've only ever used Unblock as my paid VPN. I tried the Tunlr beta, but that was rubbish. £3 a month for access to every Netflix region is worth it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Unblock has never failed me, I have no reason to drop them. Great service.

You can just take a free week trial to them BTW, no need to waste time asking for opinions, just give it a shot and see if you like it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Finally watched the first episode of Daredevil:

Y1OqGYn.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Genocide (Documentary, Historical)
Hjordis Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
I Have Never Forgotten You (Documentary, Historical)
The Long Way Home (Documentary, Biographical)
The Prime Ministers: The Pioneers (Documentary, Biographical)
Underwater Dreams (Documentary, Social)
Winston Churchill: Walking with Destiny (Documentary, Biographical)

Vyer

Yes, sir. I'm planning a Rocky marathon for this weekend.

Going to be doing a classic weekend, every other weekend. There are a bunch of classics I feel I should watch.

Edit - Short list so far:

Young Frankenstein
Apocalypse Now
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Annie Hall
Escape from Alcatraz (only seen parts of it)
Boyz in the Hood
Juice

good shit. I'm curious how you'll react to them, particularly how things change between Rocky and later sequels.

classic weekends are a good idea. you going for a theme?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I got halfway through the second-to-last episode of Daredevil and just couldn't take it anymore. The show tries so hard to be edgy but it falls flat for me most of the time. The only saving grace of that show is Wilson Fisk - what a great performance. Maybe I'll finish it someday.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I got halfway through the second-to-last episode of Daredevil and just couldn't take it anymore. The show tries so hard to be edgy but it falls flat for me most of the time. The only saving grace of that show is Wilson Fisk - what a great performance. Maybe I'll finish it someday.

It would have greatly benefited from being about 5 episodes shorter, also.

Symphonia

Banned
It would have greatly benefited from being about 5 episodes shorter, also.
So much wrong on one page. I personally felt the season was just the right length. And not edgy enough? Seriously? I don't think you watched the same Daredevil I did.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Are We Done Yet? (Family)
Deep in the Darkness (Horror, Supernatural)
Monsters: Dark Continent (Indie, Action, SciFi)
Serena (Romantic, Drama)
The Last Unicorn (Family)

New Zealand:

Love is Strange (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian)

Brazil:

Adventure Time Season 5 (TV, Kids)
American Horror Story Season 3 (TV, Horror)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Second episode is even better.

My friend was telling me the fight sequence at the end of the second episode is amazing. I will watch it later tonight.

good shit. I'm curious how you'll react to them, particularly how things change between Rocky and later sequels.

classic weekends are a good idea. you going for a theme?

No theme. I will be winging it. Probably do a drama then action or comedy and then thriller. Switch it up.

Amir0x

Banned
Added today:

Genocide (Documentary, Historical)
Hjordis Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
I Have Never Forgotten You (Documentary, Historical)
The Long Way Home (Documentary, Biographical)
The Prime Ministers: The Pioneers (Documentary, Biographical)
Underwater Dreams (Documentary, Social)
Winston Churchill: Walking with Destiny (Documentary, Biographical)

yay new documentary binge for me :D

So much wrong on one page. I personally felt the season was just the right length. And not edgy enough? Seriously? I don't think you watched the same Daredevil I did.

The hype some people got for this show because it came a few weeks before Age of Ultron made it worse.
See the last 5-6 episodes and show me one good fighting scene (If you see a mediocre to bad one its -2). Also every "My City" by Fisk or Murdock makes -1 point. Also every Rage by Fisk and Murdock where they destroy helpless furniture makes -1 point. Cringeworthy Dialogues give -1 point. Dump Karen gives -4.

Tell me how much minus points you have after these 6 episodes.
You will then realize that the second half dropped in quality and feels rushed.

Top Bottom